Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkey

I said form AND several other reasons, that means even if we have worse form than Spur and Sheff Utd at the moment, combined with other reasons I still think we can finish on Champions League football. How can I make it easier for you to understand?

"our form definitely doesn't have us making top 4" - top 4 and Champions League football didn't get decided by form ONLY. I am not sure if you understand yet but whatever, I am done explaining such a simple point anyway. See my example about "It's like I said 'SAF is the best manager in history based on longevity, title won, champions league won, style" and you said "Completely false! Ancelotti has more champions league won'" and try to tell me it's not what you are doing.

"Squad strength .. who knows? But what I love is that you talk about us getting players back, but not other teams." - Besides Spur with Kane, who has players come back as important as Rashford, McTom, and potential Pogba? who has a new player (that can play better and better when he gelled with the squad) as important as Bruno? Of course, we can't measure it, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. Let's see at the end of the season then.
Haha. I love how angry people get when their silly points are easily disproved.

crossy1686

career ending
I take it back. This Haaland yout is pure RVN. Shame Ole couldn’t get this one over the line.
He did according to reports. Haaland told him and Woodward he was very interested in joining United. Then Raiola got involved and he went to Dortmund. Apparently Solskjaer and Woodward thought the deal was pretty much done when they left Norway after meeting him and his family.

crossy1686

career ending
Top five is champions League as it stands. City are banned remember.
We're not sure how that's going to play out yet, depends how long CAS take to make a decision. We could end up going into July without knowing if we're playing CL football or not the following season. We need to hope CAS extradite the hearing and decide before the season ends. Reports are it could take somewhere between 6 months to 12 months to be finalised.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Bold: Completely false. I mean, even thinking about this, it's wrong. Looking at actual data, it's still wrong.

Last 5 games, we've averaged 1.4 points a game. Interestingly, this is the same for the last 10 games. Extrapolating this out, we would finish on 54.8 points, by whichever form barometer you want, 5 or 10 games. So, let's call it 55 points.

Chelsea, currently 4th, are in the worst form. Mainly due to the swing with us on Monday, if that had gone the other way, we have the worst form. Last 5, they're getting a point a game. Last 10, 1.2 points per game. If extrapolating from 5 games, they end with 53 points. If extrapolating from 10, they finish with 55.4, so, 55. Same as us.

Spurs and Sheff United have both been earning 2 points per game over the last 5. That has them finishing on 64 and 63 respectively. They're earning 1.7 points per game over the last 10. That has them on 60.4 and 59.4 respectively. So, on form, both comfortably ahead of us.

We are 7th. 2 teams still finish above us, that has us, at best, on form, in 6th. Which, even if the City ban stands, is still outside the CL spots.
Yes a league table after 2/3s of a season has elapsed. Where’s the logic in using that to assess how we’re doing?! :lol::lol:

Flexdegea

I take it back. This Haaland yout is pure RVN. Shame Ole couldn’t get this one over the line.

Was a deal that for once I'm glad we walked away.

Can imagine the meltdown when he goes for 50 million and previous club gets 20% of it, you ain't seen anything yet compared to how that meltdown would have been.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Our winning form might pick up with the addition of Bruno (and maybe Ighalo) on board. Those 0-0 games could swing nicely in our favor.

Stadjer

Was a deal that for once I'm glad we walked away.

Can imagine the meltdown when he goes for 50 million and previous club gets 20% of it, you ain't seen anything yet compared to how that meltdown would have been.
If Haaland his goals are an important part of bringing Manchester United back to competing for the title and CL i dont see any problem with a release clause. Hardly any clubs can match the financial power of Manchester United so when Manchester United offers premium money and also offers the chance to compete at the highest level there really isnt any reason to leave the club. The only reason Ronaldo left was because he had this dream of playing for Real Madrid but Haaland would like to play in the Premier League and likely wont start any of the ''im a slave, i dream of Madrid'' stuff Ronaldo said when he wanted to leave.

The only moment that release clause would have become an issue is when the club isnt competing at the level Haaland wants to compete or when Haaland wants to leave himself because he is unhappy for any other reason)

Flexdegea

If Haaland his goals are an important part of bringing Manchester United back to competing for the title and CL i dont see any problem with a release clause. Hardly any clubs can match the financial power of Manchester United so when Manchester United offers premium money and also offers the chance to compete at the highest level there really isnt any reason to leave the club. The only reason Ronaldo left was because he had this dream of playing for Real Madrid but Haaland would like to play in the Premier League and likely wont start any of the ''im a slave, i dream of Madrid'' stuff Ronaldo said when he wanted to leave.

The only moment that release clause would have become an issue is when the club isnt competing at the level Haaland wants to compete or when Haaland wants to leave himself because he is unhappy for any other reason)

Will if some are taking it bad now about not getting him you could imagine the scenes if he did just leave us for cheap, especially after scoring loads of goals, whether we were poor or not it be a big blow.

M16Red

Will if some are taking it bad now about not getting him you could imagine the scenes if he did just leave us for cheap, especially after scoring loads of goals, whether we were poor or not it be a big blow.
This idea is strange to me, It's like not approaching someone you find attractive because you're worried about the knock back. If you don't chance it, you never know...

Release clauses are in contracts and if he was our player we could offer him a new one every day until the end of the season.

Woody f#cked this, out of some sort of moral pride or haland didn't think he was up to it - its shame because he's a very gifted player and if he can stay mostly injury free, he will be around the top for a while.

And that cost / weekly wage.. Shaw is on more than him.. FFS.

Anyway fair play to Ole (and woody?) for finding a forward and a 10/8 in a window where other teams failed.

Flexdegea

This idea is strange to me, It's like not approaching someone you find attractive because you're worried about the knock back. If you don't chance it, you never know...

Release clauses are in contracts and if he was our player we could offer him a new one every day until the end of the season.

Woody f#cked this, out of some sort of moral pride or haland didn't think he was up to it - its shame because he's a very gifted player and if he can stay mostly injury free, he will be around the top for a while.

And that cost / weekly wage.. Shaw is on more than him.. FFS.

Anyway fair play to Ole (and woody?) for finding a forward and a 10/8 in a window where other teams failed.

Nothing strange about it. It's a bad deal. Be the shortest term fix I could imagine especially if he hits the ground running, everyone will be in for him end of this season and you are basically banking on him willing to stay, and who knows where we will be sitting in tbe league.

All about narrative. Things can change quickly come end of season we could look a more attractive club than at start of season.

If they go back in for him again in the summer, they will pay a lot more but get the added security of a 5 year contract without any silly buy out clauses, so you basically have control for 4 years, instead if 4 months.

M16Red

Nothing strange about it. It's a bad deal. Be the shortest term fix I could imagine especially if he hits the ground running, everyone will be in for him end of this season and you are basically banking on him willing to stay, and who knows where we will be sitting in tbe league.

All about narrative. Things can change quickly come end of season we could look a more attractive club than at start of season.

If they go back in for him again in the summer, they will pay a lot more but get the added security of a 5 year contract without any silly buy out clauses, so you basically have control for 4 years, instead if 4 months.
According to SportBILD, the 19 year old does indeed have a release clause in his contract, but it does not become active until the summer of 2022 - a lot can happen in that time.

Looking forward to the game tonight - 6 o'clock kick off as well.. think Ole needs to rest Maguire and Fred

Foxbatt

It was Haaland who turned down Manchester United. Any top player would turn down United now to play for a top team and play under a top coach while playing in the CL.

tonnas

Yeah, that's what I want, what I really really want :rolleyes:
Thats why you will enjoy medicority instead of wanting your team to progress and get a proper coach, someones progressive like Nagelsman...but well Ole is a club Legend as a player though NOT as a coach but that fact makes people like you having the Ole tined glasses. Deluded.

Lee565

I know some downplay Solskjear effect on the poor results and the football we play because our squad is supposedly poor but watching atalanta ripping it up against a lot of teams in both serie a and europe, I cant see why Solskjear is afforded this excuse as on paper we look a better squad.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I know some downplay Solskjear effect on the poor results and the football we play because our squad is supposedly poor but watching atalanta ripping it up against a lot of teams in both serie a and europe, I cant see why Solskjear is afforded this excuse as on paper we look a better squad.
Haven't seen them in Europe but they are very impressive in Serie A, let's see how they get on when Mr Expectancy comes calling, it'll be a whole new ball game!

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Will this win change a few minds.
We have the second/third most expensive and highest wage squad in the league. As such we should be closer in the league in that position. We are massively underachieving and underperforming.

The only saving grace is that we have a board that backs our manager. You can call it the Zidane or Di Matteo effect, where if we have a good amount of players, we can achieve something good even though we don’t have a great manager

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
We have the second/third most expensive and highest wage squad in the league. As such we should be closer in the league in that position. We are massively underachieving and underperforming.

The only saving grace is that we have a board that backs our manager. You can call it the Zidane or Di Matteo effect, where if we have a good amount of players, we can achieve something good even though we don’t have a great manager
Our wage bill cant really be placed on his feet though. Its been like this for years, partly down to loads of poor transfers and partly due to the club rewarding mediocre players with fat contracts.

Eriksen earned 75k/week at Spurs while we pay Lindgard 100k/week. Its madness

Thepinhead

Will this win change a few minds.
Don't hold your breath. I actually think we have a likeable squad and to some extend manager. Atleast he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram after every loss. Hope the kids turn it around they seem have some grid to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.