Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dve

We have the second/third most expensive and highest wage squad in the league. As such we should be closer in the league in that position. We are massively underachieving and underperforming.

The only saving grace is that we have a board that backs our manager. You can call it the Zidane or Di Matteo effect, where if we have a good amount of players, we can achieve something good even though we don’t have a great manager
Or, the players are overpaid?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
40 points achieved. Another season of Premiership football next year.

RUCK4444

Good win. Counts for nothing on here I assume. Ah well.
It's not lost on me bud :)

Seeing the difference a player like Bruno can make with a summer transfer window to improve further I don't see the huge rush to get rid of Ole.

To me the Ole-Out Brigade have no valid reason to get rid of Ole unless we fail to get champions league football.

Paul_Scholes18

At least he is not ruining players right now. So hopefully we can bring in a better manager this summer.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Will this win change a few minds.
Why? Because we won against Watford? My problem with him is still the same. Against Watford( 19th in PL) at OT until Martial's goal we sat back and played even match without creating much chances.
I don't mind playing on counters sometimes but against Watford i expect dominant display.

But ok, 3-0 win is a very good win. Also win against Chekski was big win. Next 3 games in PL will say a lot. After Everton, Spurs and City we have easier run of games. If we take something from that 5th place is far open.

But in general no matter how season ends, he is not long term solution. We have very good squad and this squad would play much better with better and attacking manager.

SteveW

It's not lost on me bud :)

Seeing the difference a player like Bruno can make with a summer transfer window to improve further I don't see the huge rush to get rid of Ole.

To me the Ole-Out Brigade have no valid reason to get rid of Ole unless we fail to get champions league football.
Exactly. Bruno illustrates exactly what some of us have said all season. Quality cant be faked through magic coaching. Good players make the difference. We simply havent had it in midfield without Pogba. Ole is signing well. First manager who's done that since SAF. It'll take time but the steps are mostly small forward ones.

Handré1990

We have the second/third most expensive and highest wage squad in the league. As such we should be closer in the league in that position. We are massively underachieving and underperforming.

The only saving grace is that we have a board that backs our manager. You can call it the Zidane or Di Matteo effect, where if we have a good amount of players, we can achieve something good even though we don’t have a great manager
What is this then? Zidane is a bad manager now?

Kag

Trophies or no trophies, we’ll look back on his time here and thank him.

We’re getting rid of the right players and buying in some good ones. We’re bringing in leaders to the dressing room and (look to be) getting rid of those who aren’t. We’re bedding in some great young players and reducing the age of the squad dramatically. Ole has played a big role in all of this.

In spite of the mixed results, I continue to back what he’s doing here at the club. I couldn’t say that for Moyes, Van Gaal and, in particular, Mourinho.

mu4c_20le

3 pts behind Chelsea, with a +4 better goal difference. He's doing it, Ole's doing it man.

Rafaeldagold

Only 3-0, Ole out!
Haha haha hilarious.

Or..maybe we’re still 3 points off 4th & still don’t look that great (no great team work today was individual brilliance & VAR saving us a 1-1) Maybe that should see him sacked that we’re still underperforming?

90 + 5min

Why? Because we won against Watford? My problem with him is still the same. Against Watford( 19th in PL) at OT until Martial's goal we sat back and played even match without creating much chances.
I don't mind playing on counters sometimes but against Watford i expect dominant display.

But ok, 3-0 win is a very good win. Also win against Chekski was big win. Next 3 games in PL will say a lot. After Everton, Spurs and City we have easier run of games. If we take something from that 5th place is far open.

But in general no matter how season ends, he is not long term solution. We have very good squad and this squad would play much better with better and attacking manager.
It was dominant display. Look at the stats if you didn't watch the game. Beside first 10 minutes we were totally in controll of the game.

I'm curious. What do you mean with very good squad? And who are those attacking managers you are talking about that are available?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Or, the players are overpaid?
Lets resolve that. If you can do it; with how many teams would you swap our squad?
City and Liverpool. And who else?
Do you really think that Spurs or Chelsea have better squads than us? Wolves? Leicester? Arsenal?

If we put out of equation City and Liverpool we have the best gk and best defence( overall). Our midfield on paper looks excellent. Sure we are without Pogba most of season and Bruno just came but now Pogba-Fred-Bruno midfield is better than Chelsea's or Spurs. Our attack is light but Rashford and Martial are class.
I am not saying that we have clearly better team than Spurs or Chelsea but we certainly don't have worse. And lets just don't compare us with Wolves, Leicester or SU.

My point is that this team just must play far far better than it is playing.

Also. @90 + 5min . Here is your answer

RUCK4444

Exactly. Bruno illustrates exactly what some of us have said all season. Quality cant be faked through magic coaching. Good players make the difference. We simply havent had it in midfield without Pogba. Ole is signing well. First manager who's done that since SAF. It'll take time but the steps are mostly small forward ones.
Yes, progress is progress and it's a rare commodity for us.

The intent has been there from the start with Ole, quickly though we've realised the limits of the squad, then after some good recruitment we are now 2 or 3 signings away from putting together a young and dynamic squad.

Compare that to the past 6 years of clueless recruitment and ask yourself why on earth would you halt that progress - the ONLY progress we've made post SAF imo.

People get so hung up on league position, they forget the woefully unbalanced unhappy squad Ole inherited. Some of them will no doubt bash this post but I just ignore the users who parrot the same lines as each other over and over again.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Have always felt that Ole has been unlucky this season due to injuries and even in game events (some WC goals having been scored vs us, us missing a few pens at the start of the season, etc.). Hope we get a decent run from here on till the end of the season, secure a top 4 berth which can help shut the moaners up

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

We’re getting rid of the right players and buying in some good ones. We’re bringing in leaders to the dressing room and (look to be) getting rid of those who aren’t. We’re bedding in some great young players and reducing the age of the squad dramatically. Ole has played a big role in all of this.

In spite of the mixed results, I continue to back what he’s doing here at the club. I couldn’t say that for Moyes, Van Gaal and, in particular, Mourinho.
Agree with this, he has done a lot of the dirty work and also brought in committed players as well as brought through academy players too.

Assuming Ole does not survive beyond next summer the next manager will be taking over a club in much better condition that the previous appointments.

SteveW

Yes, progress is progress and it's a rare commodity for us.

The intent has been there from the start with Ole, quickly though we've realised the limits of the squad, then after some good recruitment we are now 2 or 3 signings away from putting together a young and dynamic squad.

Compare that to the past 6 years of clueless recruitment and ask yourself why on earth would you halt that progress - the ONLY progress we've made post SAF imo.

People get so hung up on league position, they forget the woefully unbalanced unhappy squad Ole inherited. Some of them will no doubt bash this post but I just ignore the users who parrot the same lines as each other over and over again.
Same. He needs to be backed this summer.

SteveW

Agree with this, he has done a lot of the dirty work and also brought in committed players as well as brought through academy players too.

Assuming Ole does not survive beyond next summer the next manager will be taking over a club in much better condition that the previous appointments.
Why assume that? Let him build his team.

Handré1990

I dont know how many CL's Zidane has to win to be rated as manager.
I mean, some mental gymnasts said it was Ronaldo, a stacked team and luck. All of those excuses are currently void. It was the same guy who just a couple of days ago said Pochettino was better than Pep though, so we shouldn’t be surprised.

Foxbatt

Still sack him for a better manager. It is Watford and they are second from bottom. They could have scored any time too. Our positional play was terrible. has been terrible for a long time. You cannot play two midfield players parallel to each other. We lost the centre space from the beginning. Individual brilliance won us the game. A top class manager would not make hard work in beating a team like Watford.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Never in the history of this club have we discussed the sacking of the manager after every. Single. Game. Win or lose, this thread gets an additional 5 pages.
Wasn't both the LVG and Jose Out threads similar? At least towards the end of their tenures anyway.

I get what you're saying though, this thread (and the other identical one with a different name) is permanently at the top of the forum. I kinda want Ole sacked just to get rid of them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Still sack him for a better manager. It is Watford and they are second from bottom. They could have scored any time too. Our positional play was terrible. has been terrible for a long time. You cannot play two midfield players parallel to each other. We lost the centre space from the beginning. Individual brilliance won us the game. A top class manager would not make hard work in beating a team like Watford.
We struggled in the first half due to Watford's hard press and control of the midfield, but as they began to tire (which they inevitably did due to their unsustainable work rate) we began to dominate. We were cutting them open at will for the last 20 minutes or so.

Our players are a country mile fitter than theirs too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Never in the history of this club have we discussed the sacking of the manager after every. Single. Game. Win or lose, this thread gets an additional 5 pages.
Even if Ole demonstrates progress with back to back wins vs Chelsea (top team) and Watford (hard to break down), even if he dramatically improves players like Fred, McTominay, Wan Bisaka, Matic, Rashford, and successfully integrates kids like Williams and Greenwood, attracts top players like Mcguire and Bruno while getting rid of 8 deadwood players and plays entire season without Pogba or full set of strikers, I still wont change my mind and I want Ole Out!

Ole OUT OUT OUT!

Did I say it right?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Everton (a)
Man City (H)
Spurs (a)
Sheffield (H)
Brighton (a)

Our next five games in the league. Tough fixtures, but with our current form I can se ut getting, at least, 10 points. Make it or brake it for the last CL-spot.

If he gets us CL, I cant see him being sacked.

Lj82

Pretty much how I see it as well.
Ole is taking a long term view in rebuilding the squad in a selfless manner. He may or may not be around to reap the benefits, but the club will be stronger after his stint and for that he deserves our respect.

Chairman Steve

This was a game he was expected to win regardless. Watford are 19th in the league after all and we’re playing at Old Trafford. These are the types of games where we usually end up drawing or even losing so he has on this occasion, bucked that trend but previously that trend has happened... plus previously every time our close league position rivals fail and we‘re presented with a chance to pounce on that, which we don’t take... but today we took advantage. This was not a game where he could change opinions. I don’t think you can have a solitary game that can change opinions so significantly, so its silly for anyone who is very much pro-OGS to go into one of the many OGS themed threads and say “How do you like them apples?” every time a win comes up to anyone who has expressed doubts.

If the pro-OGS crowd desperately want that (for god knows why other than showing up people they’ll never meet in real life on an Internet forum they were right for internet street cred or top red cred?), then he’s going to have win a lot of games and bring positive changes to our style of play, and not just rely on counter attacking. I mean he may be able to do it but based on his past experiences I’m doubting that and so are many who feel that way. I have never heard of a manager who managed at such a minor level (with all due respect to Norwegian football) for a decade then suddenly come in to the top echelon of club football and became successful... Could happen but realistically no.

At times in the first half, we looked like a team that hasn’t been coached which has been a reoccurring theme under OGS. We needed a penalty (again) and a piece of individual brilliance (again) for us to actually settle down, and then it was comfortable and you can enjoy the result. VAR also came to the rescue again too.

Even if he gets Champions League qualification (whatever way that will be, considering City’s FFP troubles), I’d still say we need a new manager in after this season is done. He may get that results stream back like he had last year but I haven’t seen any positive significant changes in our play style. Are we just going to hope for individual brilliance, officials giving decisions and technology to help us?

I will say that this season has shown signs that Utd has decided to unfeck itself from the years of confusion. I don’t think anyone truly knows how much of that is down to OGS, unless you were a high ranking club official. He may have been part of a bigger forum which includes people like Bout, Murtough, Lawlor, Butt, Charlton, Ferguson and Woodward... and maybe they’ve smoothed the road of progression for the next manager. The fact that OGS may have assisted with part of the so-called ‘cultural rebuild’ at the club doesn’t excuse OGS for being a limited manager and coach for the first team.

Withnail

why should 1 game change our minds? remeber the wins vs city and spurs?
Agreed. Today's win was down to individual moments of magic anyway.

The team were off the pace and started really sluggishly as usual which is on the manager.

Watford are in the relegation zone and we should be expected to beat them at home not worrying if we'll get a result because they recently turned us over.

SER19

Everton (a)
Man City (H)
Spurs (a)
Sheffield (H)
Brighton (a)

Our next five games in the league. Tough fixtures, but with our current form I can se ut getting, at least, 10 points. Make it or brake it for the last CL-spot.

If he gets us CL, I cant see him being sacked.
If he gets us CL, he shouldn't be sacked.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira

Well said and I totally agree. I think Ole bought Maguire and planned all along to make him Captain by January. He is looking to the future and we should give him a chance to see it through.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It makes no sense at all that you guys say Ole doesn't deserve to get credit for individual brilliance. When the players are so shit why don't you blame them instead of Ole?

Status
Not open for further replies.