Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
At the moment we can’t sack him for obvious reasons but at the same time we can’t keep a manager who delivers historically bad results and make us play like a mid table team. That’s the dilemma.

Let’s evaluate his results after Christmas and then see where we are. If we are below top ten when January 2020 starts then I think the board will have a hard time keeping him because of outside pressure. Then it all takes care of itself.

My take is that he’s doing the right things regarding buying players and keeping a positive spin despite all bad results, but as a coach he fails and his “philosophy” isn’t working as expected.

Move him side ways in January or June and hopefully we can find a elite manager coaching our first team.

Enigma_87

You know who
Should never been hired in the first place. Would hang on him till the end of the season to finish his project.

Rafaeldagold

Has to be sacked as this isn’t good enough. If we don’t then we’re stupid & deserve to be mid table dross

Castia

I like his vision for the club. He wants hungry young players and has shipped out the right players.

But we look clueless on the pitch. The tactics and style of play is atrocious, I don’t even expect much I know we’re in transition but what we’ve been getting for the past 20 games or whatever is unacceptable.

I just fear that even with the right players we wouldn’t challenge anyway because Ole just isn’t good enough sadly. He must go.

The squad is a blank slate, it’s a good opportunity for a new manager to build a squad.

Last edited:

MrSingh2002

Every fecker that played under SAF thought that shit was easy and tried their hand at management. Which one of them actually has made it look easy as a manager themselves?

None.

arnie_ni

Shouldnt have been hired in the firstplace. Caretaker role to the Sumner then should have got someone else.

Kag

Keep. I like what he’s trying to do with the squad and am happy to stick it out. Provided he’s backed with significant funds, of course.

I expect that results will improve as first team players return from injury, too.

Sylar

Theres no point sacking him unless we have a new manager lined up. Unless we do the same thing, another interim, and then if he wins, give him a huge contract.

Any manager we bring in will probably have the same criteria. I dont see us letting a new manager come in and sign 5-6 players. The new manager will have to put up with 2-3 young signings who have ability to improve, per summer and rely on youth and whoever is there.

RUCK4444

With the right players things would look a lot better under Ole, the summer has finished him because “fans” won’t give him time to have a couple of transfer windows.

The players he did manage to sign in the last transfer window have been better than probably any single signing we’ve made since Fergie left. I think most would agree with that.

I’m not over the moon with the performances since he got the job permanently, of course not, but where are these other managers that will all of a sudden turn things around in one single feckin transfer window!? Even Pep didn’t do that with infinite money at City.

There’s little point sacking him now unless Poch pushes for a move, in which case I would agree to make the swap.

As others have mentioned his principles are hard work, counter attack, youth.
At least we can see what the manager wants to achieve, with more than one window he just might.

But let’s get rid now and hire anybody else available because the last five years of doing that have been glorious...

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The season is a write off. Let’s keep him and enjoy a relegation battle. Maybe he can even win it this time.

Enigma_87

You know who
With the right players things would look a lot better under Ole, the summer has finished him because “fans” won’t give him time to have a couple of transfer windows.

The players he did manage to sign in the last transfer window have been better than probably any single signing we’ve made since Fergie left. I think most would agree with that.

I’m not over the moon with the performances since he got the job permanently, of course not, but where are these other managers that will all of a sudden turn things around in one single feckin transfer window!? Even Pep didn’t do that with infinite money at City.

There’s little point sacking him now unless Poch pushes for a move, in which case I would agree to make the swap.

As others have mentioned his principles are hard work, counter attack, youth.
At least we can see what the manager wants to achieve, with more than one window he just might.

But let’s get rid now and hire anybody else available because the last five years of doing that have been glorious...
No let's give him 5 more years and watch us linger in the table. That plan is obviously better. Since Ole is not doing the job right no one else can. Literally.

Enigma_87

You know who
Keep. I like what he’s trying to do with the squad and am happy to stick it out. Provided he’s backed with significant funds, of course.

I expect that results will improve as first team players return from injury, too.
On the contrary - we have a very thin squad and we're just heading in October. Winter, damp conditions, players being run to the ground, more congested schedule. I bet we will pick up a lot more injuries before New Year.

Alemar

The players he did manage to sign in the last transfer window have been better than probably any single signing we’ve made since Fergie left. I think most would agree with that
Nobody questions OGS’ talent in finding transfer targets. Nobody. Everyone agrees that all three players he signed are a success already.

The problem is his managerial ability (or, better to say, total lack thereof). He is good at finding transfer targets, but bad at managing a football club.

Ed9

Keep of course. His signings are good, he just needs more of them.

Eriku

Keep.

Sometimes you have to break the bone again and reset it. I believe that’s what’s going on, and it won’t be good again soon, but it is the best course going forward.

I may well be wrong, obviously.

Bestielob

Please part company with Ole now. I love the guy, and i will never forget my tears of joy in 1999.
But i don't want to see him tarnish his name. He should never have been appointed in the first place - THAT was the mistake.
He makes all the right noises, and I'm sure the players are receptive to him. But his tactics and in game management are, and lets be quite honest here, absolutely terrible.
He may be good in Norway but i don't think he will ever be a top level manager.

Irwin99

Whatever happens happens this season, no one is coming in and changing us into a top 4 team at least not without making these players 10 times better than they actually are and performing way above their level. I'm really not sure about Ole but all my anger is directed at Ed and the Glazers who don't have a clue.

Despite those three signings the summer transfer window and net spend was criminal considering how badly we finished last season. It didn't have to be a long term signings. I was thinking earlier back to when we brought Henrik Larrson in 06/07 and how it lifted the club even though he only got 3 goals in 13 games and we could have done with something like that this season. A stop gap signing to take the pressure off the squad and add a bit of experience and maybe add a plan B to the attack. Instead we have Rashford and a 17 year old youth player to lead the line when Martial is injured. This coupled with attacking midfielders/number 10s who DON'T create and no right winger means a tough season was always going to happen.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Keep of course. His signings are good, he just needs more of them.

James was down to Ryan Giggs.
Maguire the whole planet new about him Mourinho wanted him last year we broke the world record to sign him.
Wan was the most talked about right back in the premiership last year.

Ole didnt discover or bring in any unknown gems or players he had scouted or knew.
What he did do though was decide to spend his whole transfer budget on defense and start the new season with a weaker midfield and attack than last year.

Foxbatt

The earliest transfer window is more than a few months away. We could be in a relegation fight by then.
I think he is too stubborn. You have to play the cards you are dealt with. He is not Pep or Klopp just because he is the manager of Manchester United.
By ignoring good players that were available because he didn't think they are United players, he shot himself in the foot. He should understand that this is 2019 and not 1999 and Sir Alex was the magnet that brought world class players to Manchester United and not just the name of the club.

I ask this question. If you are world class players, would Manchester United be your first choice under Ole, and play in a relegation fight or a mid table fight when you can play for City or Liverpool in the PL or Real and Barca or even Athletico in the La Liga, Juventus, Milan in Serie A, PSG in the French Ligue, Bayern and Dortmund in the Bundesliga?

varga92

It depends on who would be his successor. Who is available? This season is already gone. Which proper manager will come to this mess? We will have better alternatives next summer.
And don't forget if we want to fire him, we will need to pay a huge money to him. (Thanks Ed)

theREDMAN

I like his vision for the club. He wants hungry young players and has shipped out the right players.

But we look clueless on the pitch. The tactics and style of play is atrocious, I don’t even expect much I know we’re in transition but what we’ve been getting for the past 20 games or whatever is unacceptable.

I just fear that even with the right players we wouldn’t challenge anyway because Ole just isn’t good enough sadly. He must go.

The squad is a blank slate, it’s a good opportunity for a new manager to build a squad.
I agree. For me I want Ole to succeed and I think he wants the right type of players at the club. The biggest issue at the club is our structure and our board; however, we can not ignore the fact that Ole is tactically weak in my opinion. Last season during our winning run we were consistently playing 4-3-3 and getting the best out of our best player. Now we only play 4-2-3-1 and we leave Pogba as one of two holding midfielders. I mean we played two holding midfielders against Rochdale at Old Trafford. That is unacceptable. All he would need to do is keep coaching the way he was that got him the job, but it doesn't look like happening.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't think he's good enough but, right now, the alternatives aren't that appealing either... So, stick until the end of the season and then - hopefully - bring in a progressive coach to start fresh.

Maybe by then Pochettino will be a free agent :wenger:

Dante

Average bang
His coaching and tactics are poor. His squad building is fantastic.

I'd keep him till the Summer and let him finish the recruitment job as DOF. Then bring in a manager with better ideas.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
His coaching and tactics are poor. His squad building is fantastic.

I'd keep him till the Summer and let him finish the recruitment job as DOF. Then bring in a manager with better ideas.
How is his squad building fantastic ? Have you seen our attack ?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Some of the stats that Ole is building up are incredible. Since the Chelsea game we have not scored more than 1 goal in any game . It's been 8 games now . Newcastle who we play on the weekend is the only team to have matched that stat

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Keep & believe in him. If until mid season there is no improvement then time for change. Worst case scenario we can always rely on Europa league for top 4 if the league is out of the reach.

starman

Sack him in order to make 'Pedantic Cafe' happy. And then go onto the next victim to complain about it not working after a few months..

Status
Not open for further replies.