Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We‘ve put ourselves in a really shit situation. On top, we have a clueless CEO/wannabe DoF. If I would see a good replacement and structure, I‘d sack him today. There is no chance he‘ll succeed. But I just don’t see one

ariveded

Should have been sacked alone for his transfer business. This Man Utd squad is weaker than May 2019.

He has relative little pressure, and yet keeps failing. While Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, all had to challenge for the title and play good football.

He is no different from LFC, Roy Hodgson. A completely unproven manager at top level, keeps expectations low and has zero vision.

JK-27

Ole is out of his depth. He knows it. Re-building, need times - these are not luxuries better managers than he were afforded at the club so Ole should not be treated differently.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'd let Ole complete the clear out first and see what happens next season. No matter who we bring in they aren't succeeding with such a shallow squad. And bringing in someone else when they'd then go down the route of giving everyone a chance just sets us back further.

I would ideally want the clear out to be complete in January, but us bringing in players mid season is never going to happen.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I'd let him finish this season as long as there's the chance, mathematically, to reach the 6th position by Match 38, or if we're still alive in the EL+ eventual champions.

We won't win the FA Cup.

I think he will be sacked if he is in the same situation Mou was in Dec 2018.

justboy68

Considering that Ole was never really expected to be the full term manager I don't think it is that bad to sack him a bit earlier than someone that we had really scouted and planned for. Just consider it a freak circumstance where a fantastic honeymoon period duped us. Move on when the right man becomes available.

No point in rushing it though until the right person is ready.

Icemav

The owners and board opted for the miracle strategy. Appoint Ole hoping he morphs into the next Ferguson... no great logic apart for his love and passion for the club, and promoting youth.

If they want/hope for a miracle then time is important.

Fergie finished 2nd, 11th, 14th, 6th, 2nd....

Start praying chaps and see you in 6 years.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Keep , I think people are really underestimating the poor quality squad he has inherited , no manger in the world could make this squad competitive in only one transfer window.

We can't keep sacking managers and going back to square one , time to stick now and give him more time. His first transfer window was decent in the players he brought in , he needs the chance of at least another two windows and be judged then.

There is no quick fix here , it is criminal that we have let the squad quality fall so low for such a big club but that is not on Ole.
That guy mourinho did get 2nd with a poorer squad than this. Ole is still clearing all the deadwoods that finished 2nd

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The owners and board opted for the miracle strategy. Appoint Ole hoping he morphs into the next Ferguson... no great logic apart for his love and passion for the club, and promoting youth.

If they want/hope for a miracle then time is important.

Fergie finished 2nd, 11th, 14th, 6th, 2nd....

Start praying chaps and see you in 6 years.
Fergie won alot with aberdeen before he came here. Ole got cardiff relegated and 17th in the championship

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I agree that there needs to be more than just a change of manager. The club needs sweeping changes from top to bottom.
We should just live with the fact that the structure behind the club isn't going to change. These idiots are peddling the fact that we have had a great transfer window. So what can be done now?

We can only hope that we strike gold like pool did with Klopp. We would have to keep chopping until we get the right one. They took the right step last December, had all the time in the world to fix it but alas. Woody jumped the gun and gave the job to little too soon. Ole isn't qualified enough to manage at this level and his team isn't going anywhere. A ship without a rudder. Not a single game where we look to improve upon anything. Add to the fact that he continues to stick with a system that clearly isn't working, keeps starting his favorites. There's no tactical flexibility, waits an eternity to make any change.

Ole needs to go IMO.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Any United fan that would have the club sack Ole should seriously feck off and support another club.
Oh shhh, WUM.

He's serving up literal relegation form, his footy has utterly no identity, he has no managerial pedigree.

He was very lucky to get the job, and it hasn't worked out. Obviously people are going to point out the obvious.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Oh shhh, WUM.

He's serving up literal relegation form, his footy has utterly no identity, he has no managerial pedigree.

He was very lucky to get the job, and it hasn't worked out. Obviously people are going to point out the obvious.
Na we are supposed to feck off and support other clubs because our fault was to demand the betterment of this club.

Tarrou

Keep

If a good option becomes available and he hasn't turned it around, then is the time to let him go

DSG

Keep.

Pochettino isn’t coming here, he’s an overrated chump. Never won a trophy, can’t for the life of me figure out why half the Caf has an erection for him.

No one worth their salt will come here with the squad we have. Players like Andreas and Lingard should be closer to washing the kits than starting vs Arsenal in a must win match.

Not saying he’s the answer, but we need youth and quality in the side, then hand it off to a guy like Allegri, Conti, Zidane or Tuchel.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Keep.

Pochettino isn’t coming here, he’s an overrated chump. Never won a trophy, can’t for the life of me figure out why half the Caf has an erection for him.

No one worth their salt will come here with the squad we have. Players like Andreas and Lingard should be closer to washing the kits than starting vs Arsenal in a must win match.

Not saying he’s the answer, but we need youth and quality in the side, then hand it off to a guy like Allegri, Conti, Zidane or Tuchel.
Why not. We have a hard on for ole

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Keep for now
Having three managers in twelve months will do us no good.
I like his signings, and get what he's going for with his setup.
If he can identify a good striker+midfielder for January we'd be miles better off, it's just whether he'll get signings then.
I honesty don't think he's going anywhere though, and id be surprised if he's concerned about a sacking just yet.
I think the board believe in him more than the caf does, most people I know in real life seem to like him too.

fallengt

Sack Woodward before you do anything.
This man bought into the early 10 games hype and hired unproven manager for the job even though he had said he wouldn't consider it when United hired Ole as caretaker.

Woodward completely backtracked on his word and all these mess should never happend if our CEO had a single clue. I don't trust him to make any decision for the club anymore.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Oh shhh, WUM.

I don't don't know which is worse WUM or Troll, anyho

Okay, we sack Ole, the next Manager doesn't hit the ground running, what do we do, sack him at the end of the season if we miss out on T4, or don't qualify for the Champions League by winning the Europa League?

Seriously where does it end?

We've got a guy who knows the club inside and out, he's got most of the players onside(which is a serious positive), so why not see where we are at the end of the season then reevaluate then?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I don't don't know which is worse WUM or Troll, anyho

Okay, we sack Ole, the next Manager doesn't hit the ground running, what do we do, sack him at the end of the season if we miss out on T4, or don't qualify for the Champions League by winning the Europa League?

Seriously where does it end?

We've got a guy who knows the club inside and out, he's got most of the players onside(which is a serious positive), so why not see where we are at the end of the season then reevaluate then?
It ends when we find the right manager.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has been coaching these players for coming on 10 months, and he isn't a good enough coach.

He gets paid more than Jurgen Klopp ffs, more than Pochettino - and he's giving us very little in terms of quality coaching.

He's done. Let him go before it gets any messier.

This is Man Utd, not a fecking managerial training camp - which I literally can't believe I'm saying AGAIN after the Moyes era.

This is a job for a proper manager, this is a job for a coach who is ready to be at a club of this size.

shahzy

i would have sacked him at the end of last season but some on here would have you believe that everyone deserves time even if they show nothing, prove nothing, do nothing. It was pretty evident from last season how this was going to pan out barring a miracle. Yes it would have been a miracle had Ole suceeded. There is a reason the man got sacked from cardiff

manutddjw

What other top club in world football would accept finishing mid table on the hope that we’ll turn it around in a few years if our academy players turn out as we hoped?

Based off his results, he’s going to get sacked anyway, why let him ruin this squad even further? We finish 6th or lower, do you honestly think Pogba or Martial will stick around if better offers come in? We’ll then have to replace them on top of what we already need and it’s going to be a vicious cycle because another manager will come in and see the squads not good enough and say it’s going to take 2 windows to get up to speed and repeat ad nauseum.

vivaronaldo

sack - never the right person for the job and hired based on an away win in paris with rio and neville carrying on like clowns after the result

get a manger who a) can attract and b) build as i see ole with neither the history or experience to do either - the united managerial job is not an apprenticeship

unless his job is to get rid of the deadwood and have it all good to go for the next manager then the sooner the better

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Fergie won alot with aberdeen before he came here. Ole got cardiff relegated and 17th in the championship
Only the legendary achievements of winning 2 European cups with Aberdeen, numerous league titles and domestic cups, earning him an OBE for his service to Scottish football. That's before he even set foot here. No big deal really though is it? :lol:

@Icemav are u wumming?

Status
Not open for further replies.