Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll added)

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by MrSingh2002, Sep 30, 2019.

?

Sack or Keep OLE?

1. Sack

2. Keep

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Oct 9, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

Thanks for taking the time @That_Bloke, enjoyed reading that, as good a post as ive seen on these boards for yonks, cheers
  2. Oct 9, 2019

Shalashaska New Member

I think we have to give him until the end of the season as a minimum.

It is foul to watch at the moment, and will probably get worse within the next few months. But jumping around now would just put us back to square one.

The transfer window was a good one, all three players have been our best and most consistent this season. That as well as Tuanzebe looking very competent are real green shoots. But it is very clear that 3 players were not enough.

We have in a sense been very unlucky with Martial's injury as well as Shaw and Pogba. We have been left short and that is down to Ole and the Board but a new manager won't be able to magic a new striker and midfielder out of thin air. The January window will be huge, and if we pick up at least 1 needed player and have a fitter starting 11 we will have a strong second half of the season.

A new manager will come in and have their own players they do and don't want, and have the same players at their disposal. I by no means think Ole is currently doing a good job, but also think we are nuts to think that just swapping him out with another will have any impact at all if we don't make real structural changes at board level (spoiler alert, this won't happen).
  3. Oct 9, 2019

Rhyme Animal Modmins said "freeze" and I got numb

Great article, and totally agreed - somebody needs to link Gary Neville and his cronies to this ASAP.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  4. Oct 9, 2019

Suv666 Full Member

I'm in the Ole in camp but you make a lot of sense. I'm just sick of us sacking managers because ultimately with the Glazers inchage I cant see any manager succeding. If we are able to land someone exicting and inventive who despite the lack of support from the board can turn it around I guess sacking Ole would be a viable option. Dont trust the buffons to bring one in though.
  5. Oct 9, 2019

Kemizee Full Member

Intelligently written and I can't disagree with any of your points at all. Well said. Unfortunately some of our fans are so thick to understand some of the stuffs in your post.
  6. Oct 9, 2019

Kemizee Full Member

There are levels of delusion and this is quite on the high side.
  7. Oct 9, 2019

BusbyMalone Full Member

Yes. He's always like this, hence why he has no credibility on the issue. Not because he thinks he should be given time (that's his opinion), but the fact that he will never say a manager has to go, or blame them for what's happening, is what brings his credibility into question. it's an absurd stance to take.
  8. Oct 9, 2019

Hawks2008 Full Member

If only they gave him time he would have become the next Sacchi.
  9. Oct 9, 2019

fergiesarmy1 Full Member

Why do you have to be so insulting to the fans that aren’t ready for Ole to be sacked not based on his performance which anyone can see isn’t good enough but because some of us believe the problems are bigger than him.

If we do as all the Ole out side want and I don’t call you thick for that I see your point of view it’s just as likely fans will be calling for the next manager out before long under this regime.
  10. Oct 9, 2019

Kemizee Full Member

I understand your point and I didn't mean to be insulting to any of our fans. I actually agree that the problems are bigger than him but so far he doesn't strike me as the solution either. He has failed in the basics of implementing a recognisable pattern of play in his time here, something Lamaprd, Rogers and the others have done.
  11. Oct 9, 2019

fergiesarmy1 Full Member

Luck hasn’t gone his way, he is down to playing players who aren’t good enough or aren’t ready yet. All the injured players seem to be the ones we need and if you look at the lineup that did well against Chelsea we haven’t come close to getting that team out again.

If there was an obvious solution I’d be more interested and forget that Allegri. Juve fans weren’t overly impressed and he can’t speak English yet which is most of our teams first language so can’t see what can possibly go wrong there.

I’d rather suffer and watch that scruffy useless gimp Woodward suffer.
  12. Oct 9, 2019

joseph_p New Member

So what do you guys think is Ole's contract actually worth? If Mou's went for round 20 mil. quid he can' be more then few hundred thousand. Mil tops.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  13. Oct 9, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

• Where did I say it was impossible to get a striker in? Next
    • Why is it a gamble to bring a club Legend in when we were looking for a period of stability? And how did throwing money at proven Managers go?
    • We don't necessarily need top talent, just players with above average ability who are prepared to commit to the cause, and not just looking at the club as a stepping-stone, and hopefully can hack playing for the club.
    • Oh right so a better class of Manager would have made Madrid/Juventus cough up how much United wanted for Pogba? Interesting.
    • Nope, not in a million years, but then I don't think any of the dwindling band supporting Ole getting more time have said he would.
  14. Oct 9, 2019

::sonny:: Full Member

miracle man
  15. Oct 9, 2019

Rista Full Member

Yeah, above average players who hopefully can hack playing for the club is all we need. Paired with the manager with no experience at this level, what could possibly go wrong?
  16. Oct 9, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

• They probably are fitter but it won't necessary be obvious till the later stages of the season, or even the season after.
    • Personally don't care what he did at Cardiff, some of the best Managers of all time have had spells at club they wish they could erase from the record books.
    • He wouldn't have got the Gig at Old Trafford if he'd not played for the club, that's not even open to debate.
    • Yes. 100% and bigger club than the two you mentioned as well.
    • Not sure how it could've been 0-3 when we won 4-0, you might have to explain that to me. Anyhow it was our bogey team at OT, so who cares.
    • We did react though, we regained the initiative and should have won, and if Rashford had taken the penalty we probably would.
    • Yes Rashford missed the next one, but let's be honest all the fuss made about the previous one he was always likely to.
  17. Oct 9, 2019

MonkeysMagic Full Member

What I want to understand from the 'keep Ole' section is: what are you basing your judgment on that given time Ole can create a successful side? There simply is no valid reference point that indicates given time he can implement a playing style befitting Utd to ultimately a successful team. I would say that of all the managers hired since SAF left, his is the most underwhelming CV. Utd is not some sort of experiment to suck it and see how a novice may perform and when you countenance the task there simply can be only one conclusion that Ole needs to be replaced.
  18. Oct 9, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

Great post.
  19. Oct 9, 2019

Chairman Steve Full Member

OGS has had a good half year headstart on both Rodgers and Lampard to impose a style on us, yet those latter two have already got their sides looking better than what they were. Lampard has put the youngsters in after losing the standout player and being banned from buying and Rodgers has turned the dull Puel side into a more exciting side. Whilst OGS’ Utd looks just as bad (if not worse than) as Jose’s last few Utd games.

When LVG gutted the squad he filled with the squad with mediocrity and players that just didn’t fit. When OGS gutted the squad he didn’t replace any of them. He seemingly just thought in blind hope that Martial and his beloved Rashy would suddenly turn into 30 goal strikers? And a 17 year old would be adequate cover? And added another fecking left sided attacker? Was he expecting absolutely zero injuries to happen or something?

And to those who think “But we need Pogba, Martial and Shaw back to look good!”... if we’re reliant on 2-3 players being in the team all the time throughout a 50 game season, then that’s a big fecking problem... and if we had an actual system then we shouldn’t be too reliant on them right? You know... a little bit of coaching and improvisation?
  20. Oct 9, 2019

Redlips Full Member

100% spot on.
  21. Oct 9, 2019

Tony Banta Full Member

I didn’t say you cared about what he did at Cardiff. Absolute rubbish he’d be on the shortlist of bigger clubs then Sunderland and Reading, he was sacked by Cardiff in 2014, didn’t return to Molde 2015. He’s never been courted by a big club.

Seeing as you don’t care, I won’t bother wasting my time.
  22. Oct 9, 2019

Patrick Astwood New Member

Ole should be sacked. For me there is one critical reason why. The last transfer window is where he needed to make crucial decisions about players he was releasing and who he was bringing in. And to be brutally honest he flunked it. After several seasons of poor buys and gradual decline, our situation at the beginning of the 2019/20 season was so precarious that this pre-season was probably the most important of all. We were no-longer a guaranteed top 4 but in real danger of falling ever further down the league. Ole should have grasp the gravity of this and reacted accordingly, but it seems he underestimated the task. To release players, especially attacking players, without replacing them was a serious error of judgement. So that now we no longer face the prospect of standing still, but the very real prospect of relegation. It is inescapable that Ole did not show the right judgement or use his new found authority wisely when preparing the team, and we are now paying the price.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  23. Oct 9, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

Your loss pal, you might actually learn something.
  24. Oct 9, 2019

fergiesarmy1 Full Member

Yeah it wasn’t Ole who makes the final decisions on transfers
  25. Oct 9, 2019

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

Excellent article.
  26. Oct 9, 2019

Tony Banta Full Member

:boring:

I’m not your pal,
  27. Oct 9, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

:lol:
  28. Oct 9, 2019

USREDEVIL New Member

What a meanie right?
  29. Oct 9, 2019

Revaulx Full Member

SAF took over when we were plummeting into the relegation zone. Like we are now.

18 months later we finished second in the league. Like we were less than 18 months ago.

So not a true story. Not remotely.
  30. Oct 9, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

What has Milan got to do with United?
  31. Oct 9, 2019

Lay Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Haven’t you heard? We are the new Milan.
  32. Oct 9, 2019

fergiesarmy1 Full Member

That 2nd finish under Fergie was a false flag similar to Jose’s - fergie knew it and tore that team apart. All Jose wanted to do was buy.
  33. Oct 9, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

Oh, my... Excuses, missed penalties, injuries. Some people are hellbent to make it easy for him and have a free ride at one of the biggest clubs in the world (yet).

Really stopped reading there. We're 17th in the ranking in terms of big chances created. Have played inferior teams and as you would love excuses - a very very limited Chelsea team under a new and unproven manager as well who battered us in the first half and should've been 2 up.

The squad is bare bones and the tactics and style of play is worse than Moyes.

The fact remains that he's 4 wins in 17, needed penalties to win against mighty Rochdale and looked clueless yet again against AZ.

It's truly remarkable how some of the top reds are trying to explain failure.

Also the amount of muscle injuries we picked down the road since he took over is also probably down to the training methods considering we didn't pick so many under Jose last year.

Over the course of the season we will pick even more injuries and the squad will be even more restricted. Fatigue will also come into play as those players will be run into the ground. Rashford who is 21 was visibly tired as early as end of September.

The whole post reeks of delusion, especially if you think that Ole will miraculously turn things around. We saw him at Cardiff.

If you are willing to bet I can gladly oblige and bet you £1000 he will be gone at some point this season or at the end of it.

Worst PL appointment in some time.
  34. Oct 9, 2019

fergiesarmy1 Full Member

I’ll take £50 of that

I don’t think Woodward can sack him without sacking himself........
  35. Oct 9, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

He already sacked 3 without problems.

Also deal on the bet :)
  36. Oct 9, 2019

fergiesarmy1 Full Member

Deal, that’s my argument how can the ceo keep blaming his own appointments without falling on his sword?
  37. Oct 9, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

It happens to all clubs mate, why everyone keeps assuming we're special?

Also Woodward is only partly in the convo when it comes to appointing new managers - this is also on the board.

Besides Ole already overstayed here and has been for 9 months.

People expect that we are going to get better after the international break because of players coming back, but really fail to realize that the season is just beginning and when the realy fatigue and damp conditions start to kick in we will be glad with such options we have now.

It's just a question on when he will get the boot. A heavy defeat against Pool and I'd imagine he's off before the end of the month.
  38. Oct 9, 2019

Rood nostradamus like gloater Scout

crazy how 1 result with 6 first team players out changes the vote from 60% keep to majority sack :wenger:
  39. Oct 9, 2019

fergiesarmy1 Full Member

:D
    The value of the club has also fallen $900m since February, Ed maybe the golden balls to the glazers but no one likes losing a billion it starts to add up to real money, I’m gonna double down and say Ed is gone before Ole :D
  40. Oct 9, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

That's wildly optimistic to say at least :D