Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll added)

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by MrSingh2002, Sep 30, 2019.

?

Sack or Keep OLE?

1. Sack

2. Keep

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Oct 10, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

It's quite visible what Lampard is trying to do on the pitch - not so Ole. Losing their best player and unable to replace him is a very serious task on one hand. Unable to get 'his type' of players due to transfer ban too.

Last year Hazard accounted for 21 goals and 17 assists - more than anyone else in the team. This is a huge loss and Pulisic is someone for the future, not one that can replace him straight away.

Almost the same set of players finished 2nd 18 months ago which is to suggest they aren't shite as some are making out to be. Also Ole had 150m to reinforce the team. Choosing to spend it all on defence is on him.
  2. Oct 10, 2019

Wolff New Member

How about this for a bet. I say Ole picks it up. Even by Christmas Utd. Is top six. He will be here all season and start the next. If I’m right, you go back to your Swansea forum and never post here again. If I’m wrong I will do the same. There is no way you are a Man Utd fan. And if you are, one of the most reactionary and clueless there is. I can only think of Haram in the same category.. Nevertheless.. Bet on?
  3. Oct 10, 2019

Sky1981 Fending off the urge

isn't that what ole's brigade is about? Needing to back him up with cash in January, 3 trasnfer window and all that?
  4. Oct 10, 2019

RAVred New Member

When he has shown no tactical prowess or managerial pedigree to justify this, by the way.

He literally hasnt show anything good other than the initial momentum/morale based run we had when he was interim.
  5. Oct 10, 2019

Ole was recommended by SAF (I read that somewhere), to be fair to ed Ole's winning run is hard to top and if he doesn't offer him a full time contract we will be blaming him still. At that point 1-2 mths onwards isn't going to make much different, it's better for the players to have certainty if Ole is indeed getting the job.

(off course, hindsight is wonderful, but wasn't so hard to believe at that time)
  6. Oct 10, 2019

SteveW Full Member

Great post. 100% agree.
  7. Oct 10, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

You willing to put some money to back your bet? Coming from your posts and Roy Keen I guess you are a wum with 180 posts around here. Name your bet - I wager Ole won't start next season.
  8. Oct 10, 2019

Massive Spanner Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

It's well written but all I see are a load of excuses for why we're in such a terrible position, and the usual saying Ole is doing a great job/rebuild behind the scenes despite having no idea what he's actually doing behind the scenes. Then at the end claiming that we will likely end up in a much better position than we are currently in despite no manager in the history of the PL (I think?) ever turning things around from such an appalling position where we have steadily gone from worse to worse.
  9. Oct 10, 2019

Revaulx Full Member

He did, and made quite a few mistakes on the way, though in true United fashion he was unlucky with some of his signings turning out to be crocks (Wallace, Webb). Re-signing Hughes may have turned out ok in the long run, but it didn’t half disrupt the team.

I still don’t really see what he did being significantly different from Jose. With the benefit of hindsight it could be justified as being for the long term (though it didn’t feel that way at the time), whereas Jose was unashamedly looking for immediate results. That doesn’t explain obviously short term “panic” signings like Mal Donaghy though.

Still, it’s Ole we’re talking about, not Jose, and although there were certainly doubts about some of SAF’s decisions around the turn of the decade, we did enjoy a lengthy spell of improvement after he first joined, and among the bad performances there were fairly regular good ones. If we at least go down all guns blazing against Liverpool we can start to wonder whether Ole can do the same. Beyond a handful of early games and a couple of fluke results it’s been continuously bad so far.
  10. Oct 10, 2019

Wolff New Member

My post on Roy Keen? I know my football, and you don’t. I don’t make bets on sports, that’s why I live in a 500k house and you in your mothers basement. If Ole starts next season, you never post on here again. Or are you not so sure about your analysis after all?
  11. Oct 10, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

So you live in a 500k house yet you can't make a simple bet for even like 100 pounds? :lol: Obvious wum is obvious.

I'd generally will want you around so that you can eat your own words, but I guess if Ole is out you will leave either way. You are full of shite mate, that much is clear. When it comes down to bragging the value of your house it speak volumes. :lol:

If you are willing to bet some money let me know, it shouldn't be a problem for a multi millionaire like you isn't it? :lol:
  12. Oct 10, 2019

Wolff New Member

Thought so. Nothing but empty words.. like for like, even odds. Sounds like a good deal I should jump on. What an idiot..Looking forward to your first post on football, and a tip on getting out of that basement is start taking notes. That band playing inside your head is not in tune. Empty words.. what a shocker..
  13. Oct 10, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

So, a millionaire like you can't make a simple bet and won't put up a hundred? Not sure whose words are empty. You are backtracking as you come.

What's the point of your bet since you will disappear either way after Ole is sacked?
  14. Oct 10, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

Crazy how fickle some are indeed. No idea how anyone was for keeping him before that result, in the first place.
  15. Oct 10, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

You agree with a barrel load of excuses, ok.
  16. Oct 10, 2019

Wolff New Member

Don’t make football bets. You know, that is a loosing game over time. Never make decisions based on emotions, like you try exploit on here I see. You want to make an even bet on Ole leaving, with the shit team he got to work with and odds stacked against him. But you are not so sure you can handle a bet of never posting here again, becouse you are afraid I might leave anyway? Are you for real!? If you are so sure, take the bet. If Ole starts next season, you never post on here again.
  17. Oct 10, 2019

SteveW Full Member

Massive Spanner, I honestly couldn't give a feck about a few bad results right now. We've a weak squad, heaps of injuries and we've had a run of bad luck. Honestly though if we'd had better luck and won some of the games we deserved to I wouldn't be placing huge stock in it either. Because we knew going into the season we didn't have a good enough group of players to do anything much anyway.

Pretending some magic coach will turn Young, Fred, Matic, Mata and Pereira into a winning team is just silly. I've no idea what's going through peoples heads on here.

The quality and character of the players is the single biggest factor in a teams success. No team ever significantly improved without good recruitment. It is literally the only thing that will get us back where we want to be. Ole's record so far is 3 good signings out of 3. I'm delighted with that. The idea that we should just give up on it after a few bad results is completely ridiculous. The board should be backing him twice as hard based on his recruitment so far.
  18. Oct 10, 2019

I don't think anyone is saying that, though.

But I'm pretty sure a better manager than Ole could at least beat teams like Newcastle, S'hampton, West Ham, AZ and Rochdale with our squad.

Great, 3 good signings in 3. 2 of which were about as obvious as you could make, what else has he done? Are we playing better football? No. Has he fixed our injury problems? No. Does our player coaching look better? No. What the feck else is he doing behind the scenes that warrants us being probably the worst team in the Premier League right now?

I keep seeing these mammoth posts about how it's important we stick by him because the club's a mess and the player's are shite and yet nobody can actually tell me what it is that Ole is doing to address any of that beyond "well y'know, his signings were good.."
  19. Oct 10, 2019

I'd chip in a tenner against him
  20. Oct 10, 2019

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

but Ole speaks about kids as well. He barely plays them the full game but hey, he speaks about them. Also he's no defensive manager like Jose is. Sure 2/3 of his signings were defenders and we barely have a shot on goal these days...but.....he smiles alot.
  21. Oct 10, 2019

A dinosaur did get 2nd with them once
  22. Oct 10, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

Money is objective and not based on sentiments and usually always the best choice for a bet.

I'm not afraid about anything mate, I'm looking at your side of the bet and you don't lose anything. You probably won't post here again either way if you lose as you have spoken shite for a while now how he will turn it around and how he's the right choice given time. Literally every post you make is based on that.

You don't even have the rights to post more than 5 posts per day, absolutely meaningless bet on my side. As I said I'd rather you stay here so you can eat up your own words.

I'm not asking you to bet your house on it, but if you have the money as you claim what is 100 bucks for you? You are either full of shite or you are backtracking of your words as soon as someone calls your bluff.

Besides he's currently 4/1 to get the sack I'm giving you twice the better odds than any other bookie out there.

Depends if he gets his allowance this week. I doubt he is making money on his own.
  23. Oct 10, 2019

Rusholme Ruffian Full Member

One of the worst posts from literally the worst poster I have ever read on here. And god knows there have been some shit ones.
  24. Oct 10, 2019

Jacckk1985 New Member

Only Young was a definite starter out of those all. And that because Shaw/Valencia were injured, underperforming.
  25. Oct 10, 2019

SteveW Full Member

We've had a few bad results with a decimated squad. We are carrying about 4 complete passengers in every game right now. Players who didn't perform under Jose either. Ole didn't sign those useless fecks. He's just stuck with them until he can sign replacements. We have never in my life had such weak squads to chose from going into games. We've about 6 good established players left fit and the rest are either useless or kids. I think our performances are pretty much what you'd expect with what we have to chose from. I didn't expect to beat either West Ham or Newcastle when I saw the squads.

I can tell by the tone of the bolded parts of your post there's probably not too much point in discussing it much further though.
  26. Oct 10, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

It was his job to make sure in the Summer we won't find ourselves in such shit situation if some injuries occur. Also his training methods have something to do with our squad being decimated and so many muscle injuries.

In his own words he could've signed replacements but they weren't the "right ones". When the planing is just awful you can't blame it on luck or injuries.
  27. Oct 10, 2019

SteveW Full Member

The bolded part is exactly why he's the right manager.
  28. Oct 10, 2019

Ish Lights on for Luke

The scary part of it all is that the bar has been lowered, by some, to such an extent for OGS, that even if we end up finishing the season 6th - 10th with him still in charge, it will be hailed as some sort of achievement.
  29. Oct 10, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

Or just delusional and naive. We won't attract top players if we aren't doing well in the short term.

If we don't fill the holes in our squad and there is a clear digress in performances relegation won't be so far fetched scenario.

The only positive so far for him has been that Maguire, AWB and James clicked(albeit very small sample), apart from that it's simply a disaster.
  30. Oct 10, 2019

I think that's pure madness, quite frankly, especially with Newcastle. That 11 out there should still have beaten them.

And the idea that Ole can actually turn it around from a position like this, something no PL manager has ever done, is pure fantasy. I love the guy but he's a terrible, terrible manager. But suit yourself, it would be amazing if he did, but I'm pragmatic, not romantic, so I'm 99% sure he won't.
  31. Oct 10, 2019

SteveW Full Member

If he signs another couple of quality players in January I'll be happy with that to be honest. Good recruitment is the only thing that fixes this in the long term.
  32. Oct 10, 2019

That's a big if. January is notoriously expensive and difficult to get good players in. And if he doesn't get a striker who can instantly bang goals in then he's f*cked.
  33. Oct 10, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

Exactly. Some of the excuses that are laid out for him are ridiculous. Literally all teams miss chances, pick up injuries, have decisions go against them etc. The bar has been lowered to a scarily low level and I don’t know if some fans are getting carried away by the nostalgia of Ole being here or if they’re genuinely deluded.
  34. Oct 10, 2019

Bobcat Full Member

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
    I think you hit the nail in the head here. Anyone remember how hopeless we looked when Jose was having his meltdown? Then Ole comes in with a bit of positivity and we suddenly look like world beaters (which incidentally landed Ole the job) and then we revert back to being shite after Arsenal. Despite our squad being the worse its been in years in terms of talent, they are still more than good enough to put the likes of Astana, Rochdale and Newcastle to the sword

Loads of people on here like to point to (lack) of coaching as the reason as to why we look so clueless, but imo this is mostly in the players heads.
  35. Oct 10, 2019

Ish Lights on for Luke

Probably a bit of both. Or fear of changing managers again? Either way, its obvious he’s looking way out of his depth. I hope he can turn it around but I have big doubts.
  36. Oct 10, 2019

LInkash Full Member

Also, De Gea was in godlike form whereas we have the opposite now. That had a massive influence and other teams were shitter back then.
  37. Oct 10, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

Spot on. What right players? Right players are anyone that's better than what we have.
    If anyone thinks top world class players are going to come to United to be coached by Ole and United being in mid table is being delusional too.
    We need world class players to win trophies.
  38. Oct 10, 2019

Leftback99 Full Member

Same here. There's a strange thing on here where most agree players like Mata and Pereira are terrible but still expect us to out play teams that have recently spent £80m+ on their own forward lines (like West Ham and Newcastle). When assessing the quality of lineups the likes of Rashford are massively overrated on here compared to your average PL striker.
  39. Oct 10, 2019

Ronaldo's Mum Eh? Ronaldo is shite

Why is he still here?? Go away.
  40. Oct 10, 2019

Abhinav Full Member

Its been 8 PL games for Lampard. Ole had an incredible record in his first 12 PL games. Lets wait and see how he does over a longer period of time before hailing him. He also has a better squad with youngsters with senior football experience.

Yes, they finished second and then had a good run under Ole again last year. If they are fit, they will help us win more games under Ole again. But they are also mentally fragile, prone to lose confidence and have motivational issues. Long term, many of them will have to be replaced if we are ever to win the PL again. Do you disagree?

150m also had 75m going the other way, which has depleted the squad in the short term. Right back was a weak area even under Jose last year, our only other options are an over the hill Young and Dalot.
    Our defence conceded 54 goals last season - it was a problem area for us before Ole came along.
    Lukaku had made noises to move to italy even under Jose. Ole always claimed a replacement will come in if Lukaku was sold. That it didn’t happen is down to our board and Woodward.