Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSingh2002

Simple enough thread and in my opinion the topic deserves a poll following performances and results over the past 20 or so matches.

Performances aren't as good as we had under previous managers and neither is the win %.

Mods please can you add a poll to the thread?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm one of his biggest critics at the moment but I wouldn't sack him yet.

Fooza

Keep, not even God will get this team to win consistently. Anyways, I can't see him staying next year.

Infra-red

Honestly do not think sacking him now would have any kind of positive impact. We'll stick with him until Christmas, at least.

Alemar

Sack. He doesn’t deserve more time if continues to play Lingard, Young and this version of Rashford, as well as using Pogba as a DM. Idiotic tactics and team selection every single game, and nothing changes.

If he at least punished players for underperformance and tried to find better tactics, it could’ve been reasonable to give him time. But he doesn’t change ANYTHING. At all. The system doesn’t work and he simply doesn’t change anything whatsoever - it is not what is expected of a manager

hobbers

He's going to be sacked, the only question is will it be before Christmas or before the end of the season.

NJM78

If he fails to get at least 4 points from next two games then he needs to go.

spiriticon

Keep. James and Maguire were decent signings. Got rid of half the shite but unfortunately there's still more to do before some sort of consistency can be obtained.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Sack yesterday. We're going nowhere under this pretender.

Played 15; Won 4, Drawn 5, Lost 6 with -5 GD. Two wins in last 12 Premier League matches. Club record 7 Premier League matches without an away win. No clean sheet away from home in any competition since his permanent appointment. Just 18 goals scored in last 21 matches. Scored more than 1 goal just once in last 15 matches.

The existing players are going backwards, coaching is non-existant, in-game management is abysmal. Everything that requires competence on the training ground or in matches he is completely out of his depth at.

Good-bye.

Last edited:

sport2793

I've been a strong pro-Ole supporter up to this point, largely due to the fact that I think he wants his teams to play the right way and as he has done a good job with his man-management of not only the squad but the club as a whole. However, I now agree with the irrationally rabid fans on this forum that he should be let go if, and only if, we can get Pochettino. I also have serious doubts about Pochettino in terms of inspiring a team to win a trophy, let alone a league title, but I do think he is more effective at getting his ideas across and building a possession-based football team. Today's match again demonstrated the issues this team has in scoring goals from open play. I think it's clear by this point that the current coaching setup cannot get their ideas across to play an effective attacking style, at this level of competition at least. I don't think the likes of Allegri will be good for us and will set us even further back long term. We need to do whatever we can to secure Poch if we decide to let Ole go.

wolvored

Move him to DOF he knows how to get the right players in, but cant coach or plan tactics at all. Bring in Rodgers

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
At the end of the day if the club foresaw what we're seeing right now but are backing Ole regardless then we as supporters have to stick by him also

If the club however didn't expect things to get this bad then yes obviously they'll sack him and as above supporters just have to deal with that as well

Given we sacked 3 managers post Fergie already and achieved very little by doing so I don't understand how anyone can 'want' another one sacked as surely it's proven it won't ultimately change things?

Walters_19_MuFc

He needs a lot longer if he's going to be allowed to build his own team.

He's bought what looks to be three good players, who suit the club. He needs at least another two windows to judge him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
What's the point is sacking him?

The new manager is going to suddenly cure Martial? Make Rashford grow up? Turn Lingard into a footballer?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Sack. Teams with worse personnel play better than us.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Sack without a doubt. He will always be a legend for what he did at United regarding his playing career, but sadly this managers job is far too beyond him it isn't even funny. It is sad to watch.

MrSingh2002

Pochettino is lightyears ahead of Ole.

If there's even a slight chance we could get him we should sack Ole tomorrow and give Pochettino this squad and see what he can do.

I'd predict if he was our manager tomorrow we'd finish top 4.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
What will happen first? This thread get locked or Ole get sacked? At a club with high ambition I would say the sack.

Only kidding. I keep saying no one is available that will do a better job than ole at the moment that would want this job. However, I m starting to think league 1 managers can do better. I would still say keep him until January. See who he targets and if there is any improvement. Also try and use his influence to get Håland

OverratedOpinion

I would end things amicably then hire Eddie Howe assuming no one of a higher calibre and the right profile wants the job anymore and give him proper investment.

I don't know if that is a good idea because I am not paid millions of pounds to make these decisions.

JoaquinJoaquin

Might aswell keep him until the end of the season unless we are in the relegation type places. He has to go next Summer though, which won't happen.

CM10

Keep for the moment. The results have been very poor since he got the job permanently but I think we're at a stage where we've got to try and see it through. His basic principals are good - work hard, break with pace, promote youth. Unfortunately it's the quality that's missing, which granted, is a vital piece of the puzzle.

I don't think there are any other managers out there who get much more out of this team though - we sold ourselves short in the summer and that's why we're paying the price now.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What's the point is sacking him?

The new manager is going to suddenly cure Martial? Make Rashford grow up? Turn Lingard into a footballer?
Are you saying Ole is the best manager we can get that will get the most out of these players? In other words have we hot the best manager in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.