Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yes, surely the best solution is to give no manager any time and then we can definitely find the next Fergie... oh wait, he was given time
Genuinely interested in knowing what you see in the type of football United plays. If you think that's football, god help you.

A manager should be given time if he shows any signs of improvement. The team is regressing. Only thing consistent is cluelessness on the pitch. And don't give me that poor players crap.

Honestly if people think that with better players football will improve, then it shows that Ole is someone who depends upon individual brilliance rather than setting up a system and establish an identity.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
After that run last season our football has been consistently bad. Our away record is appalling. Our home record is dreadful. We are not far off bottom of the table form.

I could accept giving a manager time if there was evidence that something is being built. There isn’t. There is only evidence of a slip further down the table.

Ole should not be given never ending time to prove he’s the right man.

Ideally I’d give him the January window and judge him at the end of the season but if current form continues (and there’s absolutely nothing to suggest it won’t) he should go before the January window.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not a naive little anything. Just like this time last year when i said we'd do no better than Mourinho (one of the best managers of all time) with these same players. I got told i was talking nonsense by experts (in their own mind) on here then as well.
"These players". Jose had the opportunity to sign "his" players and blew it with both.

Mkhitarian
Sanchez
Fred
Pogba
Lukaku
Dalot
Lindelof

These were "his" players. Didnt do enough with them. You'd think all our managers have had to endure some transfer ban going by this lame players argument.

Maybe we need Ed to help coach the team as well.

We need an rvn

I'd give him October to see if things can improve tactically. I doubt he will be a long-term manager at United, fans are turning against him in big numbers and the players doesn't seem to buy in anymore.

Seems out of his depth at most parametres, but while he still has the job there's time to turn it around. Perhaps he's got that in him
doesn't make sense. Either give him the 2 - 3 years he needs to mold the team into what he wants or should have sacked him over the summer after how bad it went at the end of last season.

What's 3 more weeks going to show that c. 44% of us already feel deep down - that he's out of his depth tactically and not the right guy for the job. Got relegated with Cardiff, won feck all with Molde but given this rebuilding job - personally I just don't get it.

superdry

touched by a genius
Because we have tried and failed with several managers now, it doesn't mean we have to give our current bad choice any more time than it takes to realise what he is.... a lemon, I'd rather us carry on without a manager for a short while than prolong this agony.

Member 90887

To the people saying he is a poor coach and he's bad tactically, well, we know for a fact that Jose wasn't a bad coach or bad tactically. But we were seeing the same lack of a plan back then.

Without the players required to make your plan work, you'll fail, like Jose did before and LVG did before him.

The club needs to back the manager, nobody is gonna do wonder without the player he needs. Pep's plan wasn't working as well the first season he came here and he had some world class to excellent players in De bruyne, Aguero, Silva, Sterling, Fernandinho and the likes.

The fans need to be patient and give him time. Not a single one of you is an expert in Football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Ole has made strides towards finally giving the squad the overhaul it has needed for years. He has gotten rid of a lot of the deadwood and the replacements we have got in (whilst not enough in sheer quantity) have done very well.

He promotes positive football and also says the right things and has the right attitude with the media.

Recent results have not been good enough, however this is with a threadbare squad that is still in dire need of rejuvenation. Bringing in a new manager will not change that as we have to wait until at least January to sign anyone.

Eric's Seagull

To the people saying he is a poor coach and he's bad tactically, well, we know for a fact that Jose wesn't a bad coach or bad tactically. But we were seeing the same lack of a plan back then.

Without the players required to make your plan work, you'll fail, like Jose did before and LVG did before him.

The club needs to back the manager, nobody is gonna do wonder without the player he needs. Pep's plan wasn't working as well the first season he came here and he had some world class to excellent players in De bruyne, Aguero, Silva, Sterling, Fernandinho and the likes.

The fans need to be patient and give him time. Not a single one of you is an expert in Football.
Sensible post. I believe is Ole had been backed more significantly in the market then we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now. He is making the best of the hand that he has been dealt by that tw^t Woodward. I think we need to be patient with him. He needs to be significantly backed in the next 2 windows, although I doubt we will spend anything in January as I think this a ploy by Woodward, although I hope that I am wrong on this. By significant backing I mean more than 3 players in these 2 windows.

Although if Ole doesn't get the backing by Woodward in January I feel he may get sacked by the end of the season because Woodward has not given him a fair platform to succeed from by not supporting him fully. I think Woodward is going to make Ole a scapegoat and if it all doesn't turn out well he will sack him, bring in a new manager, not admit to any personal failings and start over again. I really dislike Woodward :annoyed:

Member 90887

Sensible post. I believe is Ole had been backed more significantly in the market then we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now. He is making the best of the hand that he has been dealt by that tw^t Woodward. I think we need to be patient with him. He needs to be significantly backed in the next 2 windows, although I doubt we will spend anything in January as I think this a ploy by Woodward, although I hope that I am wrong on this. By significant backing I mean more than 3 players in these 2 windows.

Although if Ole doesn't get the backing by Woodward in January I feel he may get sacked by the end of the season because Woodward has not given him a fair platform to succeed from by not supporting him fully. I think Woodward is going to make Ole a scapegoat and if it all doesn't turn out well he will sack him, bring in a new manager, not admit to any personal failings and start over again. I really dislike Woodward :annoyed:
January will definitly give an idea of EW plan's for Ole.

From a financial POV, for the owners, saving 50M£ in the transfer market would cover the loss of money due to not being in the CL. Anyway, let's hope that they stick to the plan this time.

redshaw

doesn't make sense. Either give him the 2 - 3 years he needs to mold the team into what he wants or should have sacked him over the summer after how bad it went at the end of last season.

What's 3 more weeks going to show that c. 44% of us already feel deep down - that he's out of his depth tactically and not the right guy for the job. Got relegated with Cardiff, won feck all with Molde but given this rebuilding job - personally I just don't get it.
He won the Norwegian league twice with Molde and the cup once.

Melville Red

And this is why Woodhead is to blame for our current predicament. He gives managers a big contract then fails to back them and then struggles as to whether to sack them or not due to the length of contract he recently gave them.
Yes our current football is poor and Ole is well out of his depth, no arguments and as been mentioned if he wasn’t a playing legend here then he wouldn’t be manager here.
No matter how many times we discuss Ole it still comes back to Woodhead....The Incompetence is there to be seen.

Lynty

Because we have tried and failed with several managers now, it doesn't mean we have to give our current bad choice any more time than it takes to realise what he is.... a lemon, I'd rather us carry on without a manager for a short while than prolong this agony.
"Lets give the worst manager we've had since Fergie more time because we've rightfully sacked our last few".
He's not actively damaging the squad.

The players seem settled and united for once.

He's been fairly transparent in his vision for squad progression and it will leave the team in a much better state than his predecessors.

Though we need more, his transfers have been successful

He has begun the process of eliminating deadwood or at least been clear on their position/squad roles.

Our squad isn't capable of competing in the Champions League, so I'm not sure what the obsession is with achieving qualification other than attracting Sancho-esque talents that we'd mismanage ala Pogba.

I can't see Ole being a longterm success, he doesn't seem to have the tactical nous, but he his a long overdue necessary evil we must suffer before the squad is in a place to actually challenge anything worthwhile.

Dr. StrangeHate

The plastics want instant success.
Longtime supporters have seen it all.
Fergie achieved what he did in spite of the board.

I'm not sure Ole is our long term solution.
But not to support the manger and allowing him to start the season with the squad he did was unforgivable.

Most of us could see what would happen with a few injuries. And here we are.
I am one of those unfortunately. I wanted us to have one shot on target against AZ alkamar.

Roboc7

Whatever his long term plan is if he loses today his short term plan is a mess. He could have a great plan for the future but soon the club won’t have any choice but to sack him.

If he doesn’t get 6 points from 4 league games he’s probably gone and I don’t see how there could be any complaints.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
Ole has made strides towards finally giving the squad the overhaul it has needed for years. He has gotten rid of a lot of the deadwood and the replacements we have got in (whilst not enough in sheer quantity) have done very well.

He promotes positive football and also says the right things and has the right attitude with the media.

Recent results have not been good enough, however this is with a threadbare squad that is still in dire need of rejuvenation. Bringing in a new manager will not change that as we have to wait until at least January to sign anyone.
Has he really got rid of the deadwood?

Smalling gone, arguably our 3rd best CB, whilst Jones & Rojo are still here. Lukaku whilst many didn’t rate him and argued he wouldn’t fit into a free flowing attacking team, still was worth 20 goals a season, I wouldn’t call him deadwood.
Darmian would be the only one, under 25 appearances in 2 seasons. He even made the much maligned Ashley Young club captain.

He talks a good game but lives in the past. Recently his pre and post match interviews resemble a certain David Moyes. The pressure is getting to him.

His football is anything but positive. Recent results haven’t been good enough but this stretches back to March, even during his unbeaten start, the football wasn’t great at times. I said in another thread, results masked performances.

He harped on about replacing anyone that leaves, like for like. It didn’t happen for whatever reasons.

I’d question if he had never played for United, would he have got the job?

Don’t get me wrong, I want any manger at this club to do well obviously, but at this moment in time, it isn’t looking good.

Dr. StrangeHate

Im happy that the Caf did not sack Ferguson 29 years ago.
Same. I am also sad that we sacked Moyes. Because by now he would have become Fergie, unfortunately the board were too trigger happy and cost us glorious decades of future dominance.

Last edited:

predator

Youth NITK
I voted to keep but if we lose comfortably today then I think we have to sack him. If our form continues and he is kept on then we will finish mid table. Theres no logical reason why a club of our stature and financial muscle must be this poor.

JPJohnson

Supports
Football Entertainment Neutral
Ole isn’t the one. How many examples of lesser teams with lesser players do people need to see coaching is a major part of winning matches? Wishing and hoping won’t turn an inept manager into a football genius.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Has he really got rid of the deadwood?

Smalling gone, arguably our 3rd best CB, whilst Jones & Rojo are still here. Lukaku whilst many didn’t rate him and argued he wouldn’t fit into a free flowing attacking team, still was worth 20 goals a season, I wouldn’t call him deadwood.
Darmian would be the only one, under 25 appearances in 2 seasons. He even made the much maligned Ashley Young club captain.

He talks a good game but lives in the past. Recently his pre and post match interviews resemble a certain David Moyes. The pressure is getting to him.

His football is anything but positive. Recent results haven’t been good enough but this stretches back to March, even during his unbeaten start, the football wasn’t great at times. I said in another thread, results masked performances.

He harped on about replacing anyone that leaves, like for like. It didn’t happen for whatever reasons.

I’d question if he had never played for United, would he have got the job?

Don’t get me wrong, I want any manger at this club to do well obviously, but at this moment in time, it isn’t looking good.
Players who are no longer in the squad for whatever reason;

Smalling
Valencia
Fellaini
Herrera
Darmian
Lukaku
Sanchez

You can argue that we didn’t “get rid” of some such as Herrera, but the point is that the squad was bloated and filled with players who we needed to upgrade on, and I would put all 7 of the above in that bracket.

There is more to be done, you could probably easily list another 7 players that could and should be shown the door - that really just shows the size of the rebuild that is required.

Whilst our squad is absolutely threadbare right now and in need of reinforcements, it has given us the opportunity to play some of the academy prospects that have been on the fringes of the first team for ages, and let’s us judge and prioritise where we need to buy.

Basically I think Ole is doing everything right except the results. Pretty much the polar opposite of some previous managers who have ground out results at the cost of the health of the squad, the quality of football and basically everything else around the club. Ole is the first manager who has had the balls to start properly clearing out the squad and putting a bit of trust in the youngsters - he deserves a chance to start the rebuild, especially as the three players he has so far signed, have all been excellent.

Foxbatt

Keep hands down. He can't be judged on shaky results armed with a depleted squad
He is the One who depleted the squad. How can anyone who even thinks sensibly compare Fergie and Ole?
One broke the Rangers Celtic domination in Scotland and then beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win the Cup Winners Cup.
Our club was third from bottom when Fergie took over. I think it was in 7th when Ole took over. Now we are in the 10th?
He is way out of his depth. Way beyond even Moyes. I hate to say this but never thought it could get any worse than Moyes.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24

A lot of mangers go into new clubs and without making a single signing, can change the style of football seemingly overnight. Not every manager needs to buy a whole new team.

You say Peps plan wasn’t working as well, but he had a plan and instantly implemented it and it was working well, just not as well as Pep likes. Despite not having all the players he needed to perfect his plan, he still implemented his style and despite heavy defeats at times, he never strayed from his philosophy. He still improved their league position and goals scored and conceded. That’s progress.

United fans on the whole are patient. Most want at present, to see a style of football being implemented. Many worry Ole can’t do this and in 10 months nothing has improved in terms of the football being played.

The plastics want instant success.
Longtime supporters have seen it all.
Fergie achieved what he did in spite of the board.
Instant success is what football is about these days unfortunately. Football has moved on a lot in 30 years.

Foxbatt

Fergie had already won a league in a top country ( Scotland was a good footballing country at that time) and also won a top European trophy beating Bayern and Real.

Sad Chris

Keep! Sacking hasn‘t improved us long term. Accept that we are not entitled to anything and work on getting better step by step again. No matter if it takes 1, 3 or 5 years.

Judas

Open to offers
Keep! Sacking hasn‘t improved us long term. Accept that we are not entitled to anything and work on getting better step by step again. No matter if it takes 1, 3 or 5 years.
Why would we stick with Ole? What evidence suggests he's the one worthy of giving years to? Isn't he by far the least experienced of the managers we've had since Fergie, yet he's the one who we should give the benefit of the doubt? Doesn't seem logical.

Greck

To the people saying he is a poor coach and he's bad tactically, well, we know for a fact that Jose wasn't a bad coach or bad tactically. But we were seeing the same lack of a plan back then.

Signs of Pep's blueprint was showing even from the first 3 games. Go take a look at the highlights of any one of the first 3-5 games, you'll see they were scoring those far post tap ins where Sterling or any attacker made sure to always give the finisher a passing option. The whole philosophy was still taking root but the principles were apparent from the go. We didn't know how far it would come but we saw distinct signs early on and they are still visible if you pull up their games from the period

Foxbatt

Let me get this straight. It is he who has injured Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Pogba, Martial and Lingard? Is that it?

Huh? Who are you replying to?:lol:
It's Ole who sold, Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, and sent on loan Sanchez and Smalling without replacing anyone. That's 5 players. Players get injured and that's why a big squad is needed. This is not Molde. This is Manchester United for ffs.

fergiesarmy1

He is the One who depleted the squad. How can anyone who even thinks sensibly compare Fergie and Ole?
One broke the Rangers Celtic domination in Scotland and then beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win the Cup Winners Cup.
Our club was third from bottom when Fergie took over. I think it was in 7th when Ole took over. Now we are in the 10th?
He is way out of his depth. Way beyond even Moyes. I hate to say this but never thought it could get any worse than Moyes.
Could be fifth by the end of the day.

redshaw

An away win at Newcastle would be a huge boost for him and the team. We've not won away for a long time.

The club will want to give him at least a season but if we end up in the bottom half for a period of time they will have to act and look for a more experienced caretaker.

I'm not for sacking right now but I don't see him making it. He's learning on the job and will have to improve all the way to the end to have a chance next season but I'm expecting him to be gone in the next few months or to be let go at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Eric7C

Fergie had already won a league in a top country ( Scotland was a good footballing country at that time) and also won a top European trophy beating Bayern and Real.
This should be fixed front and center of the Caf homepage so that any comparisons between the two are nipped at the bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.