Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

At the end of the day he is a manager of the calibre of Molde and Cardiff. He was never going to succeed here. He's a United fan masquerading as a manager, which although sounds nice, is a job any of us could do.

Yakuza_devils

Before the season start, many of us already knew that Ed was throwing the season away with Ole appointment without a good transfer window backing him up.

Ole has no business leading us through the biggest rebuild in our history of Premier league with his mediocre CV.

Now his amateurish mistakes are so obvious. No style of play. Unbalanced squad. No game management. Stone age football. Yes man.

Even his supposed 3 good signings in the summer look dire now as our season progresses.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Everything linked with the club stinks of mediocrity. Most of our players are shit, the manager is clearly out of depth and happy to settle for anything that isn't a sack, our fitness people turn players into fat bobs (Shaw, Lukaku, Anderson), the CEO finds it very hard to sign more then 3 players per summer.

Ole is part of the problem but sacking Ole alone won't sort the issue. We need a top to bottom restructuring possibly starting with the owners

Rafaeldagold

Still in the let's see where we are next Christmas crowd, but then i'm not, and never have been a spoilt little rich kid.
You must either be an opposition fan or hold very stupid ideas. As anyone who still supports Ole has to be one of the two now

Enigma_87

You know who
At the end of the day he is a manager of the calibre of Molde and Cardiff. He was never going to succeed here. He's a United fan masquerading as a manager, which although sounds nice, is a job any of us could do.
No way. Cardiff have some kind of standards. After 30 games and win percentage of 30% they sacked him.

After 24 games with less than 25% since made permanent, he is still at a job at United.

Molde won't take him either at this point, they are doing well - became champions with 14 points cushion. Odd or Viking might be interested, but it's not like his phone will be ringing that often eventually when he's finally sacked.

Wilt

We’re 22 points behind Liverpool and closer to relegation than top four.

Ole saying he’s not concerned about our league position ...he deserved to be sacked for that comment alone.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He’a made us a miles worse team, therefore it’s better for the next manager.

Some serious mental gymnastics going on there.

Can people get it into their heads that selling “unlikeable” players and buying “likeable” ones doesn’t a better team make, if the table and results say we’re miles shitter then guess what?
The next manager will have fewer squad problems to solve. Given enough money, and if they buy well, they can much more quickly transform the team into something much better.

A lot of Ole's transfer business has been basically ok, there just wasn't enough of it. As a simple example, selling Lukaku and loaning out Sanchez seems fine to me given we looked a better team without Lukaku last season, and given how useless Sanchez has been, but we should have recruited at least one attacker. Letting Herrera go, though not entirely his choice, was ok, but he definitely should have been replaced, and all the more so given Matic seems to be being phased out (and for good reasons), and given Fred and Pereira have never looked like cutting it - we needed probably two midfielders in the summer. The AWB and James buys are fine, I think - I see James as someone who should really be an impact player at the moment but because we didn't buy another attacker he is first choice. Maguire is a bad signing IMO, not because he is a bad player, but because he was way too expensive and midfield was much more important.

Phasing out Mata, Matic, Jones, Smalling, Young etc. also seems reasonable. All this has just left us very thin - but with enough money it is easier to solve this now IMO.

Last edited:

freeurmind

weak willed
The table doesn’t matter anymore that expectations & ambition are non existent & he knows it
Even if thats the case for the directors and some of the fan base why is that the case for him and the players? Don't they want to play CL football. Surely being so poor also hurts their chances of selection for the Euros. Also Ole understands the club, he should know winning is part of the culture here at least its suposed to be.

How can you even be Ole in at this point? :lol:

Delusion at it's finest
I dont think theres a manager out there you could bring in who would improve this team. Bringing in a new manager at this point would just start a new cycle and take the pressure off Woodward and the terrible job hes done running the club. Ole gets till the end of the season, if we miss top 4 then he should go but Ed has to go with him.

Alabaster Codify7

We’re 22 points behind Liverpool and closer to relegation than top four.

Ole saying he’s not concerned about our league position ...he deserved to be sacked for that comment alone.

Yeah, it really is that simple.

We'll see how the shareholders and sponsors feel about that, yeah, come January when we're in the bottom half or even close to the relegation zone?

Season ticket renewal time is approaching, Ole Yella. The only thing that matters to this board.

The back of the barn is approaching soon.

Zhadow

I dont think theres a manager out there you could bring in who would improve this team.
You really believe that? We were runner up 2 years ago, ffs. Our squad on paper isn't nearly as bad as we look and play atm. Any goid coach would get alot more out of this group of players. We have a young and talented squad.
Ole gets till the end of the season, if we miss top 4 then he should go but Ed has to go with him.
Ole won't be her next year. I'm pretty sure of that. And Woodward will only leave under a new owner. As long as the Glazers are at the helm, they won't sack him. He brings them money.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Glazer should suffer for hiring Ed as the COE. Without success, Glazer will seeing the club lose money. If that happen for 3-4 years then they will their cut lost and sell this club. I hope I see that day come earlier and later.

dasty

Everyone was screaming murder when we lost to Sevilla under Mou just 2 years ago. Everyone was criticising LVG for his boring football and inability to get us top 4. Moyes was a joke when we were 7th.

Now everything is fine and dandy despite having only won 4 games with almost half the season gone. Because it’s Ole in charge. Because it’s one of us. Because he knows the club. Because it’s a rebuild.

What a fecking joke. When Liverpool did a painful rebuild they gave it to Klopp who won titles for Dortmund. When City revamp their aging squad they gave it to Pep who was one of the most decorated managers in the world along with a huge treasure box. When Juventue rebuilt after relegating they gave it to Conte who had at least achieved promotion to Serie A with Bari and Siena before. When RM is rebuilding now they give it to the manager who won them 3 CLs in a row. We... gave it to our club legend who won the league with Molde almost a decade ago but was close to bringing Cardiff to back-to-back relegation before being sacked.

We had been playing crap and achieving crap results for 8-9 months so this is no longer reactionary. Not crap when compared to other title challengers, but results so crap that it can be compared to relegation fodders. Yet people are satisfied. Boggles my mind.

The Uncle of All Uncles

Still in the let's see where we are next Christmas crowd, but then i'm not, and never have been a spoilt little rich kid.
Didn't you say just a couple of months ago that Man Utd had a decent chance of winning the Premier League this season? Haven't you also posted in full support of Ed Woodward and the Glazers as owners? Are you just winding people up or is there something else going on? How could you have watched all those years of success under Alex Ferguson and learned absolutely nothing from it?

troylocker

Based on the last two PL-matches, I really can't see what any other manager could scrape out of those games with the midfielders we had available. Horrible first halves in both games, better second halves in both matches and two/three individual errors away from 2 x 3 points. These matches doesn't change anything really, the only things I take from these matches is that we are too dependent on our two best midfielders, Williams is still too raw for this level and we are still not aggressive enough in both boxes. I still wanna see our strongest 11 out there and the effect of a good transfer window in January before I make judgement.

I think us starting this team consistently this season would have had us top 4 now:

DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTom Fred
James Pogba Rash
Martial

A thin squad and injuries to key players loses a lot of points for us unfortunately. Still Ole in here.

DoomSlayer

I've already seen enough to know that Ole won't take us anywhere in the medium to long-term, but I'd change my vote if I knew we could take a manager that is doing well at the moment, not another sacked and drained one who is on a downward spiral like Mourinho was.

We also need to sack the whole boardroom for any positive change to properly happen. Otherwise, we would have some purple patches and then revert to the usual state of the club as it has been in the last 6 years.

shaky

Everyone was screaming murder when we lost to Sevilla under Mou just 2 years ago. Everyone was criticising LVG for his boring football and inability to get us top 4. Moyes was a joke when we were 7th.

Now everything is fine and dandy despite having only won 4 games with almost half the season gone. Because it’s Ole in charge. Because it’s one of us. Because he knows the club. Because it’s a rebuild.

What a fecking joke. When Liverpool did a painful rebuild they gave it to Klopp who won titles for Dortmund. When City revamp their aging squad they gave it to Pep who was one of the most decorated managers in the world along with a huge treasure box. When Juventue rebuilt after relegating they gave it to Conte who had at least achieved promotion to Serie A with Bari and Siena before. When RM is rebuilding now they give it to the manager who won them 3 CLs in a row. We... gave it to our club legend who won the league with Molde almost a decade ago but was close to bringing Cardiff to back-to-back relegation before being sacked.

We had been playing crap and achieving crap results for 8-9 months so this is no longer reactionary. Not crap when compared to other title challengers, but results so crap that it can be compared to relegation fodders. Yet people are satisfied. Boggles my mind.
Not everyone was screaming murder when we lost to Seville. Just some people. Possibly the same people who are screaming murder at Ole right now. Lots of people clearly don't think everything's fine and dandy at the moment so it seems a strange way to frame your argument.

Oldyella

Not everyone was screaming murder when we lost to Seville. Just some people. Possibly the same people who are screaming murder at Ole right now. Lots of people clearly don't think everything's fine and dandy at the moment so it seems a strange way to frame your argument.
Also, a lot were screaming murder(me included) for the attitude post match as much as the performance.

troylocker

Do you really think the Ole in people thinks everything is fine and dandy? I would actually like to hear even a single one say everything is fine and dandy. The black and white painting in here really makes me sick. There is so many factors, variables, nuances in the mix here, and stating anything bastant in black or white is just ignorant and populistic. I'm pretty sure there is about as many opinions in the Ole in group about the state of the club as there are people in that group.

Personally I see a lot of areas that needs improvement, and I definitely only want what's best for the club. I want us back to being challengers for the big titles again, and that is not happening without a long term plan, heavy investments in the squad and continuity. I have come to terms with us being in a transition state now, and the results will not be great before the squad is both injury-free and strengthened further in all departments. I agree with the decision to not "panic"-sign midfield and striker replacements in the summer, and see that we are suffering from that now. Hard to foresee that Pogba would be out for three months before the next window and several other key players to be out for longer periods as well though. The team we have mustered most of this season is of midtable quality in my opinion, and our strongest 11 in an injury-free squad is probably top 4 quality, but miles away from challenging for the PL-title. I do believe we will see improvement in the results when we have our key-players available, and I do think we will see further improvement when we get a couple of good signings in the midfield and attack. I also think we need to aim high in the transfermarket to see this improvement, and not go for backup or squad-options, because the options we have now is not good enough to challenge for the silver we want.

In my opinion we haven't seen enough of Ole to make out what he can do with this squad and what he can do with a better squad with more depth. If the board doesn't back him with funds in January I think he's finished, and any manager coming here after him will also fail if they don't get the backing needed to improve the squad with top class players with the right attitude and motives for coming here. I truly believe that with Haaland and a creative CM/CAM(/RW) in January, we would see an instant impact on the results and the way we play.

freeurmind

weak willed
You really believe that? We were runner up 2 years ago, ffs. Our squad on paper isn't nearly as bad as we look and play atm. Any goid coach would get alot more out of this group of players. We have a young and talented squad.

Ole won't be her next year. I'm pretty sure of that. And Woodward will only leave under a new owner. As long as the Glazers are at the helm, they won't sack him. He brings them money.
As long as Woodward is at the helm, you could cross Busby's DNA with Fergie's to make a new manager and he'd still struggle.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I agree with Ole's point about not taking the table too seriously at this stage, because it's early days and fine margins.

For example, if we'd have won yesterday (but we didn't, I know) but if we'd have won, we'd be 5th - 6 points off the top 4.

With by far the worst United squad I've ever seen (been a fan since '98)

In December. Not even halfway through the season.

Things aren't that bad.

el3mel

I agree with Ole's point about not taking the table too seriously at this stage, because it's early days and fine margins.

For example, if we'd have won yesterday (but we didn't, I know) but if we'd have won, we'd be 5th - 6 points off the top 4.

With by far the worst United squad I've ever seen (been a fan since '98)

In December. Not even halfway through the season.

Things aren't that bad.
We're 5 games away from being halfway of the season.

Remember every previous season we said "it's early" in and how it ended out to be. Nothing changed in pretty much any of them.

Terminator

Even with the poor squad we have, we should be comfortably better than the likes of Villa and Sheffield.

Eric's Seagull

Do you really think the Ole in people thinks everything is fine and dandy? I would actually like to hear even a single one say everything is fine and dandy. The black and white painting in here really makes me sick. There is so many factors, variables, nuances in the mix here, and stating anything bastant in black or white is just ignorant and populistic. I'm pretty sure there is about as many opinions in the Ole in group about the state of the club as there are people in that group.

Personally I see a lot of areas that needs improvement, and I definitely only want what's best for the club. I want us back to being challengers for the big titles again, and that is not happening without a long term plan, heavy investments in the squad and continuity. I have come to terms with us being in a transition state now, and the results will not be great before the squad is both injury-free and strengthened further in all departments. I agree with the decision to not "panic"-sign midfield and striker replacements in the summer, and see that we are suffering from that now. Hard to foresee that Pogba would be out for three months before the next window and several other key players to be out for longer periods as well though. The team we have mustered most of this season is of midtable quality in my opinion, and our strongest 11 in an injury-free squad is probably top 4 quality, but miles away from challenging for the PL-title. I do believe we will see improvement in the results when we have our key-players available, and I do think we will see further improvement when we get a couple of good signings in the midfield and attack. I also think we need to aim high in the transfermarket to see this improvement, and not go for backup or squad-options, because the options we have now is not good enough to challenge for the silver we want.

In my opinion we haven't seen enough of Ole to make out what he can do with this squad and what he can do with a better squad with more depth. If the board doesn't back him with funds in January I think he's finished, and any manager coming here after him will also fail if they don't get the backing needed to improve the squad with top class players with the right attitude and motives for coming here. I truly believe that with Haaland and a creative CM/CAM(/RW) in January, we would see an instant impact on the results and the way we play.
Agree with everything in bold. I think the board needs to back him with the funds for players that we clearly need in January. Not sure whether they will or not. If they don't I think that would be a silly decision to make.

I don't think he got backed enough in the summer and we are seeing that now. If a new manager comes in I feel they will do the same and when if the manager doesn't produce the results due to not giving him significant enough funding. They will sack him and keep on repeating the process.

Enigma_87

You know who
The next manager will have fewer squad problems to solve. Given enough money, and if they buy well, they can much more quickly transform the team into something much better.

A lot of Ole's transfer business has been basically ok, there just wasn't enough of it. As a simple example, selling Lukaku and loaning out Sanchez seems fine to me given we looked a better team without Lukaku last season, and given how useless Sanchez has been, but we should have recruited at least one attacker. Letting Herrera go, though not entirely his choice, was ok, but he definitely should have been replaced, and all the more so given Matic seems to be being phased out (and for good reasons), and given Fred and Pereira have never looked like cutting it - we needed probably two midfielders in the summer. The AWB and James buys are fine, I think - I see James as someone who should really be an impact player at the moment but because we didn't buy another attacker he is first choice. Maguire is a bad signing IMO, not because he is a bad player, but because he was way too expensive and midfield was much more important.

Phasing out Mata, Matic, Jones, Smalling, Young etc. also seems reasonable. All this has just left us very thin - but with enough money it is easier to solve this now IMO.
Baffling claim, especially the bolded. He just gave them new contracts.

Matic would've been phased out regardless of who the manager was after Jose.

We have more depleted squad than last year. Some positions are in dire need of strengthening and he has left us with a lot more holes to fill compared to last year.

How is it better to bring in 6-7 first team players in a single window for the next manager and expect them to gel straight away? This is worse, not better.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Posts like this are why we don't deserve success
We are going nowhere fast. The general play is lacking. We are conceding stupid goals. Every week we seem to hit a new low. Jack Grealish and Aston Villa just came to Old Trafford, bossed us around, and ended the game disappointed to not have won the game

I was as desperate as anyone else for him to succeed, but it's looking more certain that he cannot turn this around.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Tbf, I don't think anyone is satisfied (properly pissed more like it) where we are atm. And I think the poll is misleading regarding Ole. Reckon at least half of people who wouldn't sack are still in it as they don't think the change at this moment and if we don't have the proper manager will mean much. Which is an argument I can understand somewhat. That said, he should be sacked imo if nothing just because the standard should be higher at United and it shouldn't be acceptable.

This team is also going nowhere and should be mostly cut to pieces. Question marks over Pogba and the rest of it just look not good enough. They are also used to mediocrity, most haven't won much and if anything this has become norm for them. Who can blame them though? If this is acceptable from those who run the club, then you spread that all over the organization.

el3mel

The next manager will have to at least spend about 250-300m after the diabolical last summer to make us a challenging team.

Ole set us backward to when LVG left us. I feel for the upcoming manager having to deal with that mess he would leave.

lsd

The Oracle
The next manager will have to at least spend about 250-300m after the diabolical last summer to make us a challenging team.

Ole set us backward to when LVG left us. I feel for the upcoming manager having to deal with that mess he would leave.

There is no way on earth that Ole has set us backward consideting the state of the team and morale when he took over from Jose .

Jose set us backward Ole is still dealinh with the effects he inherited

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There is no way on earth that Ole has set us backward consideting the state of the team and morale when he took over from Jose .

The state of the team he inherits..

You mean that same team that goes on to win 15 in a trot and landed him the permanent job? It seems to me the more he tweaks the worse they get

lsd

The Oracle
The state of the team he inherits..

You mean that same team that goes on to win 15 in a trot and landed him the permanent job? It seems to me the more he tweaks the worse they get

How many of those games do you think we would have won under Jose ?

Eli Zee

I was for keeping Ole, now I’m not so sure. Probably out of his depth.
If pogba and mctominay were available we’d surely have more wins though

el3mel

Ole set us years and years backward. He fecked up the squad with mass selling of the players. The midfield and attack moved from decent to non existent once one injury happens. The defense has now an underperforming 80m CB that if he keeps like this we won't be able to get rid of him. AWB might not be liked by any upcoming offensive manager.

The squad Mourinho left needed few additions in attack and defense to be close to the top.

This squad will need at least 300m now to be a regular top 4 team, especially if Pogba ends up leaving.

dove

:lol: Ole has already set us way more backward than Jose did and he is not finished yet it seems.

Yakuza_devils

Based on the last two PL-matches, I really can't see what any other manager could scrape out of those games with the midfielders we had available. Horrible first halves in both games, better second halves in both matches and two/three individual errors away from 2 x 3 points. These matches doesn't change anything really, the only things I take from these matches is that we are too dependent on our two best midfielders, Williams is still too raw for this level and we are still not aggressive enough in both boxes. I still wanna see our strongest 11 out there and the effect of a good transfer window in January before I make judgement.

I think us starting this team consistently this season would have had us top 4 now:

DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTom Fred
James Pogba Rash
Martial

A thin squad and injuries to key players loses a lot of points for us unfortunately. Still Ole in here.
We have been outplayed both game and lucky to nit a draw. Sheffield and Villa are better team. This season we have been constantly outplayed by smaller team in the league. Man utd manager should never put us into these situation injury or not. Period.

el3mel

Yes, like I said - not even half way yet. This guy's on board.
Yeah these 5 games will change a lot, especially with 2 big upcoming games that we might end up with 1 or 2 points out of them.

Anyway as I said this is a deja vu. This is said during December of every terrible season and it actually never changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.