Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedIan

This thread is wrong.

It should be -

would you sack or keep WOODWARD and the GLAZIERS...

changing the manager every other season will not achieve anything whilst these people run our beloved Football club.

Mark Pawelek

(A) I'd give Ole 4 more weeks to sign 3 or 4 players for problem positions:
2 x Midfield (centre defensive)
1 Midfield (attacking)
1 left back, right-winger or striker.
They don't have to cost the earth. They can be on loan or players from non-European leagues happy to come on a short contract to showcase themselves.

(B) Also sell 2 or 3 players surplus to need, such as Lingard, Matic, Rojo, Jones, ...
(C) We might not sign anyone nonsense has to stop. I almost believe he's serious.

Lebowski

If Ole keeps playing Lingard he should be sacked. Pereira has been much better recently but Lingard started against Arsenal. Unfair to Pereira and very unfair to the fans who have to watch Lingard play.

Lingard should have been taken of before half time because he was really bad but instead he got 65 minutes. Ole seems to like Lingard but if he cant take the 'difficult decision' and get rid of Lingard he deserves to be sacked.

Stop playing Lingard = better results = Ole can stay.
Surely that's a bit myopic. Lingard has now become the newest in a list of strawplayers following in the footsteps of Rooney, Fellaini and Young who some fans like to blame for all of our ills.

Our problems run far deeper than a single player or even a single manager.

Lingard has been awful for over a year, but when you consider our other options for number 10 are a player with one foot in the retirement home (Mata), and a frustratingly inconsistent player who probably should have been sold in the summer and not extended (Pereira), it's hardly the crime of the century. Even if we moulded all three players into a 6 legged superhuman, they'd probably still not amount to a single player of sufficient quality to be the creative force for a title challenging team.

JoaquinJoaquin

Apart from Pogba this has been the most unified squad since Fergie left, every other manager had disharmony and leaks within months.
Unified because the players rule the roost? They certainly don't play with any cohesion or look like they play under any pressure that is for sure.

SAFMUTD

Apart from Pogba this has been the most unified squad since Fergie left, every other manager had disharmony and leaks within months.
Thats because other managers demanded performance from the players, Ole just keeps making excuses to justify the poor performances calling them “kids” “its normal to have inconsistency we’ll be better” yesterday the high five to Lingard sums it up. He’s happy with the current performance even Lingard’s.

So much for the ruthless Ole talking about “im going to be successful and all the players are going to be here to witness it”.

He gets this harmony by avoiding any type of conflic, even at the cost of lowering the bar of exigency, thats why mediocre players are so happy with him.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
This thread is wrong.

It should be -

changing the manager every other season will not achieve anything whilst these people run our beloved Football club.
So we are stuck with Ole until the Saudi's buy Man Utd. It might never happen. That's a great plan going forward.

Stadjer

Surely that's a bit myopic. Lingard has now become the newest in a list of strawplayers following in the footsteps of Rooney, Fellaini and Young who some fans like to blame for all of our ills.

Our problems run far deeper than a single player or even a single manager.

Lingard has been awful for over a year, but when you consider our other options for number 10 are a player with one foot in the retirement home (Mata), and a frustratingly inconsistent player who probably should have been sold in the summer and not extended (Pereira), it's hardly the crime of the century. Even if we moulded all three players into a 6 legged superhuman, they'd probably still not amount to a single player of sufficient quality to be the creative force for a title challenging team.
Pereira isnt great but has been playing alright the last few games. He managed a great assist against Burnley and somehow Lingard started this game. Unfair towards Pereira and when Pereira came on he did better than Lingard. Pereira atleast looked like he played for United while Lingard was Arsenal their best defender. Ole started the wrong player and that is a mistake.

Ofcourse Lingard isnt the only problem but not playing Lingard would already be a first step towards getting better results.

Winning matches will increase Ole his chances to keep his job and winning a game is more likely to happen when the midfielder who is supposed to link midfield and attack, create chances and score a few goals will actually do what his role requires him to do.

Foxbatt

He hasn't a clue apart from counter attacking football. There is no set way we play. Try to get over the top to either Rashford, Martial or James for them to run at the opposing defense. That is not what anyone would call a way of playing football. You get Fat Sam and he would also get the same way and he would make our defence a lot more tougher to concede and he would get his set plays much better.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We all know if this club truly wants to move forward then we should get a DOF. Since that's not going to happen then I think we have two choices. Give Ole time or Hire Pochettino.

I think the best choice to make would be to give Ole time by giving him the rest of the season and Hire Pochettino if he fails to get us into the top 6.

I say top 6 because the players we have are no better than 5 teams - Chelsea Leceister Tottenham City and Liverpool players. Logically sixth is where the quality of our players can take us if we don't reinforce this January and right now we're 5th. So while it's not all rainbows and sunshine we're still in a decent position and this is half of the season gone. If Ole can get us to fifth when 6th is the position the quality of our players can take us to then he deserves time to see things through to the end of the season at least

However he should be sacked if we end up outside top 6 by the end of the season. But why I think Pochettino is the best candidate is because Pochettino has actually carried out a rebuild that we're asking for and he's done it with little resources. He also prefers to work without a DOF. Other managers like Nagelsmann or Marco Rose have excelled under DoFs which we don't have.

Another thing I like to consider if Ole ends up getting sacked Pochettino appointed is how smooth the transition might be. I think Pochettino would find it easier to work with the players Ole has right now more than any set of players our previous managers have had. The fact that both Ole and Pochettino implement a pressing system means that it will be easier for our players to adapt to Pochettino's tactics.

Whether Ole ends up staying because he does well or Pochettino comes in because Ole fails is a win win situation for me.

Judas

Open to offers
Ole transitioning into a new manager probably in the summer is what everyone should be hoping for at this point, if you still see Ole as the man for the next 3-4 years, I just think you're deluded, I don't know what evidence there is to think its in the clubs best interest to continue with him for years more.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Nonsense. They were shite vs Bournemouth and Chelsea and they scored two scrappy goals yesterday. So far hes at 1W, 1D, 1L. What kind of style are they playing really?

I get that people are frustrated with Ole and want him out, but this bigging up of literally any other manager is ridiculous
Did you actually watch them vs Chelsea ?

kps88

You were good vs Chelsea until tiring. And could see it coming through. It takes 2-3 months
By "us", I meant United. We've beaten them twice this season with a very effective style of play.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This thread is wrong.

It should be -

You're very correct mate. Funny thing is if you make a thread like that not one person will say keep unless sacarstically. But somehow the main focus is the manager. Woodward doesn't hire managers, he hires scape goats.

Is it a coincidence that we became shit the year Woodward was appointed CEO? Is it a coincidence that different managers and different players have come and gone meanwhile Woodward remains and we remain shit?

I ask myself how come we don't have players like Van Nistelrooy or Ronaldo or Vidic. How come we ended up with a starting line up of Lingard Daniel James etc. Woodward has always gotten the players the manager wanted except in Mourinho last season so how come we ended up with Lingard and extending Jones contract. Is it that we've backed the wrong managers 3 times?

Gehrman

Does anyone really think any clubs apart from Molde's lvl would hire OGS if he was fired now? Is there any reason why we should persist with low standards?

cj_sparky

Seriously. The post match interview.......the post match press conference......What is he smiling about?
By "us", I meant United. We've beaten them twice this season with a very effective style of play.
We could have been 3-0 down before scoring in the first match. 4-0 was massively flattering.

Similarly the win in the League Cup, took a penalty and a Worldy of a freekick.....two set pieces.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just put aside that Ole was a legend for us as a player. There is not much he has going for him.

Failed at the last PL job he had, managed in a small league, worse win percentage than Moyes and crap football to boot.

Of course the players aren't good enough and the board is to blame, but keeping Ole does nothing for us long term. The manager is the key person at the club and Ole is no good enough, it's simple for me.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I’ve been Ole in all along hoping to see improvements and that there’ll be a corner turned but it’s starting to get to me now.
Him smiling in the post match interview, even if it was to save face or brave face it, wound me up for some reason.

I think at the moment I’m still Ole in just because I fear who the replacement would be and we would have to start all over again, again.
You don't keep a manager because you fear starting over again. Clubs hire and fire managers until they find the right one.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Arsenal were playing like City while we were playing like Molde . Reality check!

sosolid4u09

Did you even read or comprehend anything in the post you replied to???

If so , Your post makes no sense at all. You can’t polish shit, so you don’t know if OGS is the wrong man, beyond your own bias. And as @Lebowski so patiently explained in his post, our squad right now is certainly not full of rough diamonds, let alone high quality karat.
Is our squad worse than the teams we constantly lose to or draw at home against? Absolutely not. In which case it's clearly the manager!
No matter how bad the squad, you should be able to see something in the way of patterns of play, style, tactics or attacking identity. All of these are the managers responsibility and we see none of it

Take your rose tinted glasses off. Ole has been here 12 months now and he has clearly shown he's not good enough

Rolaholic

Ole has become somewhat a symbol of what we've allowed ourselves to become

Out of their depth, no plan, inconsistent, & no sight of building or improving anything moving forwards

Gehrman

Ole has become somewhat a symbol of what we've allowed ourselves to become

Out of their depth, no plan, inconsistent, & no sight of building or improving anything moving forwards
What are you smoking? Can't you see he is improving the culture and our "philosophy"?

Mal donaghy

Inappropriate Content
48% of dickheads that dont deserve any attention, cant be watching what 52% of Normal thinking "sane" people are watching. Fools.

NK86

It's a counterfactual so we can't prove or disprove it, but my rationale for not expecting a manager to miraculously improve a crap team is based on recent evidence. Klopp finished 8th in his first season, which is probably going to end up being lower than Ole finishes this season. Now did Klopp only become one of the best coaches on earth after this or was the quality of the squad and Liverpool's brilliant recruitment department the main reason for their improvement? Pellegrini won the league with city but has just been sacked by West Ham after getting them into a relegation battle. Did he forget how to be a title-winning manager after he left city or is the quality of the players at his disposal the main difference? Also, we've had two of the most qualified managers in recent history who both never failed to win the league at any of their previous clubs, yet both failed to mount any title challenge here. Did the drive on the M60 rob both managers of their ability or was the club structure and player quality too poor for them to achieve results?
The biggest fallacy in that point is Klopp, Pep and even to a certain degree Pellegrini were proven top level managers who had already proven earlier in their careers that with some top players, they can get the team to be better than the sum of the parts by getting average players to play their best every single time. So you could say they struggled a season because they didn't have the right players available.

With Ole you have nothing to fall back on. The only thing which is actually true is that he had Cardiff relegated after coming in mid-season to try to keep them afloat and then was sacked the following season from the Championship Cardiff team as they were struggling under him. So he has got nothing to prove that he is maximizing our players' abilities. From how we have struggled against teams with much worse players than ours on the contrary suggests that our players are struggling under a manager who has no business being where he is.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The main, consistent argument for keeping him, regardless of how bad the results were, always seemed to be "he's sold the deadwood and he's bought really well". But now that it's apparent that Maguire was actually a fecking terrible purchase at £80m and AWB is struggling more than he was, that's not really a valid excuse anymore, so I'm really curious to see what's going to replace it.

Foxbatt

Does anyone really think any clubs apart from Molde's lvl would hire OGS if he was fired now? Is there any reason why we should persist with low standards?
I do not think even they will hire him now. They are doing alright without him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Nobody really knows do they? We could easily bring someone in the players won’t respond to and it bombs, we can’t just keep on going on buying different players for different managers.
That is not a reason to stick with a manager that is not good enough. You’re just delaying the inevitable.

hobbers

But now that it's apparent that Maguire was actually a fecking terrible purchase at £80m and AWB is struggling more than he was, that's not really a valid excuse anymore, so I'm really curious to see what's going to replace it.
"How can you criticise Ole without giving him time to sign a new left back and another centreback? He can't possibly implement his high-level defensive coaching on a back four that includes players he didn't sign. How dare you expect Ole to be successful with players in the squad he didn't bring in himself. He just needs another x transfer windows and pre seasons to get the players properly coached and up to the required fitness levels"

:lol: It sounds farcical but there are so many limp-brained people who actually think along those lines.

Foxbatt

"How can you criticise Ole without giving him time to sign a new left back and another centreback? He can't possibly implement his high-level defensive coaching on a back four that includes players he didn't sign. How dare you expect Ole to be successful with players in the squad he didn't bring in himself. He just needs another x transfer windows and pre seasons to get the players properly coached and up to the required fitness levels"

:lol: It sounds farcical but there are so many limp-brained people who actually think along those lines.
Are you sure one transfer window is enough? He says this season is getting the right squad for next season. So next season it will be getting the right squad for the following season. So it goes on. He could sell Maguire, James and AWB and still people would say he needs time to get a CB, a winger and a right back.

United Hobbit

If we dont make any signings in January given the current issue in midfield and he comes out smiling and says he is happy with the squad and the "right type" of players weren't available I may get serious rage!

I really hope we dont hinder ourselves by only wanting British players. Yes they have a point we dont want over priced flops however what about looking at some German or Spanish players? I was impressed by that guy from Red Bull Salzburg Liverpool have just got for a bargain at 7m why arent we doing that sort of thing? Annoyingly recently I dont recall them making any "flop" signings while its something weve become renowned for in recent years. A Liverpool fan I know is winding me up saying they are getting Sancho and Mbappe. Please no them winning the league will be bad enough!
Also you seem to get a mark up on English players in particular, despite that Grealish may be worth a look he seems to be less of a loose cannon off the field lately, though is he just being made to look better than he is because the rest of the Villa players arent great? A bit like if Mc T who I'll agree has been good for us lately, were to be surrounded by the likes of KDB would he no longer be as "desirable?"

Status
Not open for further replies.