Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Still yes, but who on earth comes in and fixes this? Lindelof and Jones are beyond hopeless, Williams is a kid who has been thrown to the lions because everyone else who can play that position is either old or fat. Pereira won a competition on the back of a cereal box to play for United, there's no other explanation. Lingard hasn't contributed literally anything in attack for over a year and is starting in the Manchester derby, as the manager hopes this is the game he starts providing again... We're relying on a kid for goals, because Rashford and Martial just aren't prolific enough and neither look entirely comfortable at centre forward. It is a mess, and not just tonight. Arsenal are dogshit and they made us look even worse. Couldn't even muster a shot on target vs Wolves.

Ole's not the man to fix this, but I honestly don't know who is. It goes beyond the manager. The club is a disaster from the top down. We're 5th, but we're still much further away from returning to the top than we were when Moyes left.

Zen86

Beginning to feel like his position is untenable.

Feel sorry for him because his players are fecking useless and the blame really lies with Woodward, obviously. But Ole has to go really. It's sad.
I’m the same really, I can’t really imagine another manager coming in and doing anything with these players though. If we’re going to make a change, we need to do it properly and completely gut the club. The problem is that will be expensive, and who knows if we’re willing to fork out.

MrSingh2002

I've had enough of my own poll.

RESTART THE POLL!!

There's no way 50% of people still want Ole in.

bonothom

Look at our 11 compared to theirs lads ffs.

What do you expect honestly?
Another Ole apologist. Ole clearly stated that there are no midfielders that are better than this shit available. I would suggest there are better midfielders in League One than Perreria. Most fans knew he wasn't good enough for the past 3 years and yet this United manager agreed to give him a new contract. His decision.

MoskvaRed

City have one of the two best coaches in world football. We have someone who would be lucky to get a job at Preston or Blackburn. Hopefully this farce will end this week, although no doubt some will still buy the long-term, no pain, no gain BS.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'm absolutely staggered this is still 52/48.

I hope the bulk of that is just people who want him sacked in the summer and not necessarily right now. I know the Caf is friendly to opposition fans but I never thought there were this many.
I'd be interested to see the polls if it was fresh

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Lost faith in the club.
No point in removing a bad manager when they aren't going to appoint someone good, or sign good enough players, or hold the lot already at the club to any sort of standard.

I no longer care if Ole stays or goes.

JG3001

Look, Ole In fans, everyone knows the squad is crap, everyone knows the board are terrible, but you’re letting nostalgia blind you to the obvious fact the guy in the dugout is way out of his depth.

If he wasn’t an ex United player I think the vast majority would be getting very abusive akin to the Moyes tenure at this point.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He should apologise to the fans and sack himself after the match if he had any pride.

This is shameful. I don't know how he wakes up in the morning.

Tank Montana

The sad thing is, Ole wasn't really ever qualified for this job and is trying to solve issues that more qualified managers (in terms of past success) have failed with. Being the manager of Manchester United is not a learn on the job type of role, especially with the competition we are surrounded by these days. That being said, it's Ed's fault for allowing this to happen, again, and it's the boards fault for allowing Ed to repeat his mistakes, again.

I really liked the storybook-esque notion that a well liked former player would come in a turn things around, but being a realist, this just hasn't worked and change is needed (at all levels in the club). We are one year on and nothing has progressed, with it being more likely that we have actually regressed even further from our status as a top club, which has the knock on effect where we can't attract top talent anymore.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Some fans need to have a very long look at the squad available. No manager in the world could compete with City with this Squad. Also if everyone is fit and well, still there is not enough good players.

Paul_Scholes18

Some fans need to have a very long look at the squad available. No manager in the world could compete with City with this Squad. Also if everyone is fit and well, still there is not enough good players.
Leicester is ahead of them. Good management can improve players.

SteveW

Someone with a little bit of sense. Thank feck.

Sp00ks11

Sorry but any football fan who thinks Ole is actually coaching this team is retarded. If this fraud was sacked tomorrow he wouldn't be offered a job by any other team in our top 3 leagues. What anybody can be seeing in this manager beggers belief. All our players know he is clueless, every rival fan knows he is clueless, the media and pundits know it to, yet there are actually people on this very forum who are not embarrassed to be vocal in their backing of him and actually believe he is the right man for the job. Astounding. Truly astounding. :lol:

vidic blood & sand

The sad thing is, Ole wasn't really ever qualified for this job and is trying to solve issues that more qualified managers (in terms of past success) have failed with. Being the manager of Manchester United is not a learn on the job type of role, especially with the competition we are surrounded by these days. That being said, it's Ed's fault for allowing this to happen, again, and it's the boards fault for allowing Ed to repeat his mistakes, again.

I really liked the storybook-esque notion that a well liked former player would come in a turn things around, but being a realist, this just hasn't worked and change is needed (at all levels in the club). We are one year on and nothing has progressed, with it being more likely that we have actually regressed even further from our status as a top club, which has the knock on effect where we can't attract top talent anymore.
Pep at Barca?

Red Stone

Love the guy to bits as a player and as a person, and I appreciate him for getting rid of a few players I'll never miss seeing play for us, but it's time to call it a day. As a manager he's at least two levels below what we need.

ravi2

I'm absolutely staggered this is still 52/48.

I hope the bulk of that is just people who want him sacked in the summer and not necessarily right now. I know the Caf is friendly to opposition fans but I never thought there were this many.
If the poll had an option to 'sack at the end of this season' I suspect it might make things a bit clearer.
I think Ole was let down my Ed but its clear to me he isnt the man for us long term.

Having said that, I think very few managers could succeed with the way in which United as an organization is run.

Meller

Ole has improved several of our players. Leicester have overtaken us through several good signings.
Tactics is unnecessary in football these days. I don't even think we need a coach. A poll for the fans before the game to decide the starting 11 would suffice. Just get someone in who can sign some players.

Enigma_87

You know who
Look at our 11 compared to theirs lads ffs.

What do you expect honestly?
Ottamendi and 2 DM's as CB's? Backup keeper. No striker on the pitch (both Aguero and Jesus are on the bench). What's so special about this City team?

MrSingh2002

Is the current lineup better than their performance tonight?

That's the question you should be asking yourself.

This has been a 1/10 performance from all 11. That's unnacceptable.

dove

Ole has improved several of our players. Leicester have overtaken us through several good signings.
I had a good laugh from your previous few posts but please stop now. Obvious WUM is obvious.

SAFMUTD

It will be interewsting to see what he says In tonights aftermatch interview, Im almost certain he’ll continue with his “its a process” speech, the guy is completely deluded or is a plain lier.

hobbers

Can't coach.
Can't motivate.
Can't attract the right calibre of signings.

But I'm sure things will improve. He just needs another pre season to get these boys up to fitness, right?

Sp00ks11

Someone with a little bit of sense. Thank feck.
Some sense?! :lol: He is in his third window now. He has had time to sort this squad. May I remind you what Rodgers is doing at Leicester.

Also he picks the players, EVERYBODY knows Lingard is useless, but he constantly picks him. Some sense you say? :lol::lol::lol:

We have been taken to the cleaners by managers with MUCH worse squads than ours which were well drilled and organised. That's called coaching and tactics.

The only positive thing Ole did was get rid of deadwood, however the idiot didn't replace them with better players in fact he just didn't replace them full stop so has left us weaker than when he rocked up.

Some sense.

dove

It will be interewsting to see what he says In tonights aftermatch interview, Im almost certain he’ll continue with his “its a process” speech, the guy is completely deluded or is a plain lier.
It will probably be something like:
:lol: Progress :lol: United way :lol: Boys did well :lol::lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Tactics is unnecessary in football these days. I don't even think we need a coach. A poll for the fans before the game to decide the starting 11 would suffice. Just get someone in who can sign some players.
It’s truly laughable that so many people seem to think this way.

Red Stone

Lost faith in the club.
No point in removing a bad manager when they aren't going to appoint someone good, or sign good enough players, or hold the lot already at the club to any sort of standard.

I no longer care if Ole stays or goes.
This is pretty much the truth. Our poor quality doesn't start or end with the manager. It's a rot that has spread through the entire club ever since Woodward became our CEO. A complete overhaul is needed. Ole clearly has to go, but Woodward should've been fired years ago and we won't get anywhere until he's given the boot and competent people can start bringing this club up to scratch. It's going to take a long time and I haven't seen any sign of us even starting the process since Fergie left. We're years or possibly even decades behind clubs like City, Liverpool, Barca and Real at the moment.

This sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.