Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Well If they were waiting for a opportunity to sack him, they won’t get a better one than after that.

Anustart89

We're signing a 16 year old for the U23s though so just wait three years until he's ready for the Premier League and then we're fecking talking!!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They are definitely *A* problem. So is the manager. We aren't getting rid of the owners or Ed anytime soon. So let's get rid of their idiotic appointment and hope that some sense is employed before appointing the next person.
That’s the worry though, we’ve seen multiple times now that Woody will pick the wrong man and struggle to back him.
It feels like a never ending cycle for us at the moment.

Wayne's World

Club is dead and has been for some time. It starts with Ole, he's the one picking the players, training the players (or attempting too by the looks of it) and he's the one doing the tactics....

He's out of his depth and we lost to a Burnley team who didn't even have to break a sweat....seriously fecking Burnley!

Rafaeldagold

Ole is as much of a problem as the board /Ed. I don’t know why Ole gets a free pass from many. He’s so obviously clueless & shite. It’s embarrassing.

Other teams see as a non threat now. Yet we STILL plod along with this joke in charge

Frank Grimes

Ole is the worst manager we've ever had. It is astounding that he still has supporters, it's blatantly apparent he is out of his depth. He's so bad that I don't want us to sign in this window with him at the helm. I'd much prefer we get Pochetinno in the summer with 4 new signings (I am aware that the board are also hopeless and this is a pipe dream).

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This thread is 4 months old and the votes have changed back and forth in that time. The poll is kind of meaningless at this point and a new one is needed for an accurate estimate as most people don't bother changing.

Anustart89

They have a better manager and despite what many on here think, that makes a helluva difference.
I was sarcastic.

Obviously Ole's not got a clue and he's deluded if he thinks that the right quality players are going to want to come here so that his lack of quality as a coach can be masked by individual quality from his players.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
OT being 80% empty by the 84th minute pretty much ends the “match going fans support Ole and want him to say” nonsense that some spew on here.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
This thread is 4 months old and the votes have changed back and forth in that time. The poll is kind of meaningless at this point and a new one is needed for an accurate estimate as most people don't bother changing.
All the oppos are out in force trying to balance it out. I reckon it would be closer to 65% in a fresh poll.

The Bloody-Nine

That’s the worry though, we’ve seen multiple times now that Woody will pick the wrong man and struggle to back him.
It feels like a never ending cycle for us at the moment.
I don't know if 'struggle' is the right word. He flat out refused to back Mourinho, after extending his contract. Leaked to the press that Slabby wasn't better than what we had. Then he made an even bigger ass out of himself by going against his better judgement and paying even more to sign him for Ole.

I reckon Woody is due a go in the dugout. His instincts are pretty good.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We've done it for every other manager since Fergie so I'm gonna have to go with YES.
And now we're in this mess. The days of us being able to blow everyone away financially have gone mate. It's not going to happen. Everyone else has caught up because Woodward has made terrible decisions after terrible decisions.

SharpshooterTom

Load of rubbish. This thread has consistently had over 60% of voters saying he should be sacked for months. We didnt even want him appointed full time despite a good first few weeks in the honeymoon period.
Should go back and see some of the comments back on page 215/216.

I always felt he was a poor appointment, but he deserves to see the season out to see if he can get top 4. If he doesn't then we appoint some one else.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They are definitely *A* problem. So is the manager. We aren't getting rid of the owners or Ed anytime soon. So let's get rid of their idiotic appointment and hope that some sense is employed before appointing the next person.
Hope is something that's in short supply at the club. We cannot rely on hope anymore.
The owners and Ed are tearing this club apart, Ole is merely a passenger right now.
Ed will not hire a manager that will stand up to him, he learnt his lesson whilst Jose was at the helm.
No point hoping Ed and the Glazers will get it right, it hasn't happened so far.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't know if 'struggle' is the right word. He flat out refused to back Mourinho, after extending his contract. Leaked to the press that Slabby wasn't better than what we had. Then he made an even bigger ass out of himself by going against his better judgement and paying even more to sign him for Ole.

Yeah sorry you’re right struggle isn’t the right word at all.
Woody is a virus at the club, same with the Glazers.
People want Poch and I can’t blame them, but he’d be absolutely daft to come here as it stands.

MrBest

It has been awful for 11 months now, how long must we wait till he gets sacked. Win % of less than 30 - unacceptable. Worst thing, no style, strategy, philosophy, still waiting for players and we have no idea what he wants. Poch is there! He is there and free! And yet we wait for this buffoon because he scored a goal 21 years ago.

INeedAbsynthe

Supports
Liverpool
Yes he is not your biggest problem but sticking with somebody just because they are not the biggest problem is still absurd.

What sort of hallucinogenics are those voting “keep” on?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Right now I'm raging and I want him gone but I'm also aware that even Fergie wouldn't get a tune out of these players so what fecking hope does any replacement have?

Our "game changers" from the bench tonight were Greenwood, Lingard and Luke pissing Shaw.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I've changed my stance. He has to go. That was embarrassing, schooled by a fecking team that could hardly get a shot on target against us last month.
This is how I feel tonight. I know he’s been hampered by the squad and been clearing the deadwood but we are just seeing a lack of basic coaching etc. wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone tomorrow

NJM78

I pray he is fired or resigns. Been Ole out before the season started, now though it's just taking the piss that he is still our manager.

fergiesarmy1

OT being 80% empty by the 84th minute pretty much ends the “match going fans support Ole and want him to say” nonsense that some spew on here.
Late kick off and probably sick of watching the players rather than walking out to show they don’t support Ole mate.

SharpshooterTom

Ole is the worst manager we've ever had. It is astounding that he still has supporters, it's blatantly apparent he is out of his depth. He's so bad that I don't want us to sign in this window with him at the helm. I'd much prefer we get Pochetinno in the summer with 4 new signings (I am aware that the board are also hopeless and this is a pipe dream).
He's nowhere near the worst manager we've ever had. We're still 5th. The club's not anything like in the crisis it was post Busby when we got relegated.

AC1689

This. X10000

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nobody could moan if he gets fired but if he does Woodward survives yet again. Ole resigning would be 1000 times better for us. He'd not walk away from £8m though.

Rafaeldagold

Oh grimey. Even Homer would do a better job

Kopral Jono

Kneejerk hypocrites the lot of you.

Most of you were waxing lyrical about him after beating Spurs and City.

I said he should stay till the end of the season then (no kneejerk), and still maintain that now.

We're not getting top 4, but the transfer window is nearly over now so I'd wait till the end of season before making a managerial change.

Oh and less of the 'send this fraud back to Molde' talk. The blokes clearly not a capable managing a club of this size but he's still a club legend, have some respect.
If he has any respect for us he should have long resigned, or at the very least put pressure publicly on Woodward and (most importantly) the owners with regard to players coming in. He's doing neither, and coupled with the fact that he's extremely shit at being a manager... well, the fraud needs to be sent back to Molde where he belongs.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Basically, sabotaging the whole season with that. Who the feck goes in the press against the manager at the start of the season throwing it away. Only to come back and pay even more the year after. Ole is not good enough, but our CEO has raise a word mockery to a whole new level.

Sack everyone who has any fingers in this team. And he has his mouth all covered with it.

Marat

“I’m embarrassed,” says Rio Ferdinand on BT Sport. “I’m embarrassed to be here. They’ve spent £600m on players in recent years and I don’t see it out there. What's to show for it here? You can’t defend this? Young kids in schools around the country aren’t going to want to wear Man United shirts or come here and watch this. It’s embarrassing.”
Yeah but Keane would say "Hey, Ole needs more time ! My friend can do it, let's give him some time !" while Mauricio is on the market. Nothing is done, but they need to fix it, quickly.

bdspeedy

If you don't want rid of Ole at this point you're not a United fan. End of.
Yeah, that's the answer. Just keep changing managers like we're Chelsea. Just Ole out won't fix anything. I'm fine with Ole out if the shit stains who run the club go too. As long as Eddie and the Glazers are still in charge, we will NEVER win anything.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I was sarcastic.

Obviously Ole's not got a clue and he's deluded if he thinks that the right quality players are going to want to come here so that his lack of quality as a coach can be masked by individual quality from his players.
Sorry mate. It’s hard to tell on here with so many believing that Ole is blameless.

admrf

Vote to sack now
  • After half a year we should be able at least to learn how to dismantle a defensive side
  • You cannot just (say or) let the boys play and enjoy themselves, you should give a guidance and vision how you want to play and individually coached your players to be better. You should know the technical limitation of your player as well, just cannot expect a magical moment from an average or less talented player
  • Despite some improvement in some individuals (e.g. Fred), there is hardly significant improvement for others that must have improved if you want to rely on some others to play (e.g. Andreas)
  • It seems to me that we also have regressed in terms of defending lately, e.g. clueless in defending set pieces
  • OK we had a "decent" signing after some years and found more youth breakthroughs at the moment, but the plan to field this type of squad in a long and demanding season is just a good recipe for failure --> it seems like every season is a new experiment as well, this is mostly on Ed though I guess
Who is the replacement? Not sure, I want a proper coach who can actually install a proper training program that coherent with his vision in terms of style of play, he should be capable in fielding a team that expose the opponent weakness as well. Please also set up a standard in basic footballing and tactical skills, if any player is not up to it then show him the exit door.

The Bloody-Nine

Hope is something that's in short supply at the club. We cannot rely on hope anymore.
The owners and Ed are tearing this club apart, Ole is merely a passenger right now.
Ed will not hire a manager that will stand up to him, he learnt his lesson whilst Jose was at the helm.
No point hoping Ed and the Glazers will get it right, it hasn't happened so far.
He's not merely a passenger. He's the manager. He picks the tactics, and he picks the team. I mean, he's woefully out of his depth and he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place, but he's not blameless.

Dan_F

There are clear signs of bad coaching and tactics.....
The most concerning thing is the players are massively regressing and there’s no sign of implementing tactics. Injuries or not, a Championship team would manage to create a few decent chances against Burnley.

He’s failing in literally every aspect of management, bar playing youth. And even then it’s literally only Williams who’s starting games from our academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.