Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Is he better coach than Solskjaer? At least one level better? Yes or no?

We bought AWB because he is better than Young. We bought Maguire because he is ( apparently) better than Smalling. We bought Bruno because he is better than Lingard ( well, who isn't) and Pereira.
So, why not upgrade THE most important position in whole club?
Maybe he is but there's more to this job than just being a good 'coach'. He was replaced by our ex manager because he couldn't 'coach' a very good Spurs team to decent results this season.

RollieOle

Is he better coach than Solskjaer? At least one level better? Yes or no?

We bought AWB because he is better than Young. We bought Maguire because he is ( apparently) better than Smalling. We bought Bruno because he is better than Lingard ( well, who isn't) and Pereira.
So, why not upgrade THE most important position in whole club?
Hes won nothing. How is he better?

Dr. StrangeHate

No one said the DOF is more important than the manager, and this comes off like a very weird way to defend Woodward
Basically if Woodward had managed to hire Klopp, he would have been lauded as the best CEO/DOF/Negotiator in the world. It mostly depends on the manager.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maybe he is but there's more to this job than just being a good 'coach'. He was replaced by our ex manager because he couldn't 'coach' a very good Spurs team to decent results this season.
Yeah, sure. So everything what he did before that season is irelevant? Then why do you want failed Cardiff manager and someone who managed to be 5th in bloody Norway?
Meh, i don't know why i go in these talks with you. Even if our "manager" finishes season on 10th place you would defend him. Oh well, it is your right i guess. We shall see what will happen

Dr. StrangeHate

Just imagine.

We keep Ole. Fail to get 5th. Pep leaves City. City replace him with Poch.

We're stuck with Ole for next season.

I could see that happening.
I see us getting 5th, as the team we have now, even on autopilot should get 5th. The state of our competitors is worse, none of them were able to pump 200 million in the squad in the past 7 months.

We are stuck with Ole until Christmas atleast.

jamesjimmybyrondean

So what else is there to this job than just being a good coach that Pochettino hasn't proven to be able to do

L1nk

So what else is there to this job than just being a good coach that Pochettino hasn't proven to be able to do
You have to "get the club" and have "United DNA" basically. If you don't have these, as a manager, you will inevitably fail at this club. Where as, you could be absolutely amateur level as a coach, as long as you have the special United sauce mentioned above, it's inevitable you will go on to lead the club to a sustained period of the highest success, just so long as you are willing to sit down and shut up and take what you are given when it's all shite at the start, you don't want to be a spoiled impatient brat after all.

So, to sum up, in order to lead this club to success, the only thing to do is keep a hold of the most amateur manager, potentially in the league, and that no top club in the world would touch with a 10 foot barge pole, and let him have 5 seasons and all the funds he wants, it will work. Pochettino doesn't have that United DNA, he doesn't get the club like Solskjaer, it doesn't matter that he's proven to be 10x the manager Solskjaer is without even winning anything, he will 100% fail regardless. Only Ole the Messiah can lead us to the promised land.

These are all proven and verifiable facts by the Ole in club.

Last edited:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Yes! Was going to post about this because the thing that really sticks out for me about Ole’s reign is offloading Lukaku, who was actually a large part of his new manager bounce.

The most logical explanation is he’s surrounding himself with players he feels comfortable with. Younger Man Utd youth teams type who he works well with and often improves. But it’s one of the most undermining aspects of his leadership that he couldn’t handle the big egos about and represents for me a complete failure to manage the resources available to him effectively.

I’m so sick of seeing the ‘deadwood’ argument left, right and centre and the way it’s just accepted as a some kind of universal truth; like saying the earth goes round the sun or water boils at 100 degrees. We got rid of or loaned out the ‘deadwood’ and now we’re worse. Plus where was all the deadwood talk during the ‘new manager bounce’? And what’s the solution now we’re worse, get rid of more deadwood?
Ole In: “He got rid of the deadwood”.
Anyone thinking straight: “ and then spent £200m and made United even worse “

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
You have to "get the club" and have "United DNA" basically. If you don't have these, as a manager, you will inevitably fail at this club. Where as, you could be absolutely amateur level as a coach, as long as you have the special United sauce mentioned above, it's inevitable you will go on to lead the club to a sustained period of the highest success, just so long as you are willing to sit down and shut up and take what you are given when it's all shite at the start, you don't want to be a spoiled impatient brat after all.

So, to sum up, in order to lead this club to success, the only thing to do is keep a hold of the most amateur manager, potentially in the league, and that no top club in the world would touch with a 10 foot barge pole, and let him have 5 seasons and all the funds he wants, it will work. Pochettino doesn't have that United DNA, he doesn't get the club like Solskjaer, it doesn't matter that he's proven to be 10x the manager Solskjaer is without even winning anything, he will 100% fail regardless. Only Ole the Messiah can lead us to the promised land.

These are all proven and verifiable facts by the Ole in club.
Feel free to name-drop anybody on the forum that has suggested that, or anything remotely similar, nope didn't think so.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Yeah cos anybody thinking straight would have already written Fernandes off as a flop after just 90 minutes wouldn't they?
He’s spent £200m and we’re worse then when he took over. Nothing about the players that have been signed. Everything about his utter and gross incompetence at his job.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Read your post back tomorrow when you're sober and you'll see what I mean.
You don’t think it’s the managers job to actually coach and improve the players that he signs and integrate them into a system that gets the best out of them? Okaaaaaaaaaay theeeeeeennnnn

Or perhaps stop projecting. Read back in the morning when you don’t need things spelt out to you.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can see ole making it top 5th place which, considering City's ban, will qualify him to CL. This guy is born lucky.

Class of 63

Sourness
You don’t think it’s the managers job to actually coach and improve the players that he signs and integrate them into a system that gets the best out of them? Okaaaaaaaaaay theeeeeeennnnn

Or perhaps stop projecting. Read back in the morning when you don’t need things spelt out to you.
No need to apologise mate, I should have taken into consideration that English might not be your first language.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
No need to apologise mate, I should have taken into consideration that English might not be your first language.
Think you’re hallucinating as there was no apology. Or perhaps your comprehension of the English language is not as good as you imagine.

Best don’t reply to me anymore. As you acknowledge my points leave you lost but your pathetic last reply and its undertone is apparent to me and also incorrect. So yeah feck off.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
You've lost me there, if it's nothing to do with the players why bring up the money spent?
I think he’s pointing out that despite spending a lot of money and shipping out the ‘deadwood’ we are categorically worse. Like statistically we are worse, far worse in fact. We’re worse on the eye. Team chemistry is arguably worse.

It’s not like everything Ole has done has been bad. I said it long ago that his plan A with martial and Rashford fit and firing tends to work to some degree, although totally relies on counterattacking. We’ve had a few great results, although it’s hard to watch us as the ‘plucky underdog’ against what should be our peers like PSG and Man City. He also works well with some players and Rashford has flourished under his management.

Nevertheless, the net result of his managership, including incomings and outgoings, is that we are statistically worse. Even if you discount Bruno then it’s circa 150m spent. I’m not sure how the bar managed to get set so low with some of you. We are not worse because we spent 150m. We’ve spent 150m and YET we are worse, by pretty much every metric. There basically is no way to argue against that.

Furthermore his plan A that works and has great results and even very occasionally performances, is incredibly brittle and more or less defines the term ‘single point of failure’ as injuries to either Martial or Rashford result in us being rank average. We are also totally toothless against deep lying teams with no evidence of this improving whatsoever after 14 months.

Imagine you went into another company, sized up all of their assets and persuaded to sell a huge chunk of these for a result of better future productivity. You then spent triple on what was sold acquiring new assets. Then half a year later there is no increased productivity, in fact productivity is worse and by every metric the company is performing worse. You would be out the door pretty damn quickly and most likely you would never be hired again.

What’s worse is that this situation is not entirely dissimilar to what happened at Cardiff already. At an executive level you would have to be so optimistic right now as to believe this is going to get better. Like if it is going to get better, over what time frame? Worse still, you get the impression some fans think; well the time frame is irrelevant because being behind Ole is proof that I’m a superior, more authentic fan of a higher moral level, with some kind of special lens that allows me to see what’s really going on. Which I would suggest is an unfortunate combination of vanity and delusion and a large contributing factor to why we’re saddled with a manger who is clearly way out of his depth.

devilish

The guy is lucky. He naively started the season with no midfield just because he wanted to blow the entire budget on defence (130m spent, no WC player on site), we had the worst start since 1989, he's got no idea of coaching or tactics and voila, he'll probably get to CL football because UEFA banned City.

lysglimt

Scout
Ole In: “He got rid of the deadwood”.
Anyone thinking straight: “ and then spent £200m and made United even worse “
To quote "Plains, Trains and automobiles" - when you tell a story, try to have a point, it makes it so much more interesting to listen to!

lysglimt

Scout
I think he’s pointing out that despite spending a lot of money and shipping out the ‘deadwood’ we are categorically worse. Like statistically we are worse, far worse in fact. We’re worse on the eye. Team chemistry is arguably worse.

It’s not like everything Ole has done has been bad. I said it long ago that his plan A with martial and Rashford fit and firing tends to work to some degree, although totally relies on counterattacking. We’ve had a few great results, although it’s hard to watch us as the ‘plucky underdog’ against what should be our peers like PSG and Man City. He also works well with some players and Rashford has flourished under his management.

Nevertheless, the net result of his managership, including incomings and outgoings, is that we are statistically worse. Even if you discount Bruno then it’s circa 150m spent. I’m not sure how the bar managed to get set so low with some of you. We are not worse because we spent 150m. We’ve spent 150m and YET we are worse, by pretty much every metric. There basically is no way to argue against that.

Furthermore his plan A that works and has great results and even very occasionally performances, is incredibly brittle and more or less defines the term ‘single point of failure’ as injuries to either Martial or Rashford result in us being rank average. We are also totally toothless against deep lying teams with no evidence of this improving whatsoever after 14 months.

Imagine you went into another company, sized up all of their assets and persuaded to sell a huge chunk of these for a result of better future productivity. You then spent triple on what was sold acquiring new assets. Then half a year later there is no increased productivity, in fact productivity is worse and by every metric the company is performing worse. You would be out the door pretty damn quickly and most likely you would never be hired again.

What’s worse is that this situation is not entirely dissimilar to what happened at Cardiff already. At an executive level you would have to be so optimistic right now as to believe this is going to get better. Like if it is going to get better, over what time frame? Worse still, you get the impression some fans think; well the time frame is irrelevant because being behind Ole is proof that I’m a superior, more authentic fan of a higher moral level, with some kind of special lens that allows me to see what’s really going on. Which I would suggest is an unfortunate combination of vanity and delusion and a large contributing factor to why we’re saddled with a manger who is clearly way out of his depth.
Why are we worse ? Because the majority of the players at the club when he arrived either wanted to leave or wasn't good enough. I agree - we could have kept Fellaini, Lukaku (against his will), Smalling - and we probably would have had more Points - but at one stage these player would have to go. OGS decided to discard them all at once and build a new side.

As long as we keep getting linked to players like Grealish, Maddison and Sancho - no way I want him gone, because these are the kind of players that we need. I am willing to sacrifice this season if the result after 18 months in charge is that we have got rid of all the deadwood - and replaced them With AWB, Maguire, Fernandes and let's say 2 out of Grealish, Maddison and Sancho. Add to that Fred, DDG, Williams, Martial, Rashford, McTominay, Lindelof - and we suddenly have a very good side. If he still fails to deliever - we can cherrypick any manager we want - and that guy will come to a set table with a DREAM of a Squad. Unlike the mess we had when OGS took charge.

And he might be remembered as a failure - but if he leaves us with that squad, he deserves a lot of praise for what he did.

Class of 63

Sourness

Cheers thanks for trying to explain, I'll ignore the couple of sly digs ;)

RedBanker

I love you Ole
The guy is lucky. He naively started the season with no midfield just because he wanted to blow the entire budget on defence (130m spent, no WC player on site), we had the worst start since 1989, he's got no idea of coaching or tactics and voila, he'll probably get to CL football because UEFA banned City.
You really think we will be in the top 6? I reckon more between 8th and 12th will be a justified finish for us with Solskjaer in charge. Wolves, Spurs, Sheffield and Everton too I think will finish above us.

devilish

You really think we will be in the top 6? I reckon more between 8th and 12th will be a justified finish for us with Solskjaer in charge. Wolves, Spurs, Sheffield and Everton too I think will finish above us.
I think 5th place is realistic. Which kind of pisses me off. The guy is really riding over lady luck. He's fecking clueless

Dr. StrangeHate

Unfortunately after seeing us fudge everything up since Fergie left, I believe we are cursed.
Just when rumours started to appear we were looking at Poch, Ole gets a lifeline. He is gonna scrape 5th and we are going to lose Poch, it's written in the stars.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Unfortunately after seeing us fudge everything up since Fergie left, I believe we are cursed.
Just when rumours started to appear we were looking at Poch, Ole gets a lifeline. He is gonna scrape 5th and we are going to lose Poch, it's written in the stars.
Don't fret. We will not get top 6. A street magician can only pose as Houdini for so long.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You’re right and they also understand exactly what I meant. I refuse to believe that they would genuinely be stupid enough not to understand my point even if they don’t agree with it.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I think 5th place is realistic. Which kind of pisses me off. The guy is really riding over lady luck. He's fecking clueless
It's not. The 6 or 8 teams, other than Pool, City and Leicester, who are comfortably better than us in football.l, will just need to go on some sort of a winning run to kick us further down the table. Even if 4 out of those 8 teams buck up their ideas, we will finish between 8 and 12.

Class of 63

Sourness
I really wish somebody would explain this fascination so many have with Pochettino, he's never won anything which was once important, and you could argue he's never Managed a big club. It's just weird.

Kurton

I really wish somebody would explain this fascination so many have with Pochettino, he's never won anything which was once important, and you could argue he's never Managed a big club. It's just weird.
To hell with winning league, we need to first finish consistently in top 3 before thinking about winning the league. Poch is perfect in that sense. But no Poch has never won a trophy so we persist with a noob as manager.

devilish

I sense your support for Ole is wavering :lol:
Throughout the past 30 years or so I was against just 1 manager from day 1. That guy was Moyes. LvG, Mou and Ole weren't my no 1 choice and I wrote many times about the dangers of a former player managing a sentimental club like ours but that was it. Despite his lack of experience I actually welcoming the guy back and the reason is simple. He loves United far too much to let ego get in his way. Therefore from day 1 he would demand to surround himself with experience from DOF level to coaching etc.

Turned out that I was incredibly wrong on that one. That Ole has given the job to the boys, naive mistakes were done in summer and during the year and we are riding over luck.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm not worried man, he will not finish 5th. It's above him. We are on course to finish around 8th, mark my words - there will be no reprieve.

Just glad the 50.8% didn't get their wish.
In the summer, we will. Don't worry about that. There's too much smoke, the club have made their decision - unfortunately, it'll be done too late and we'll squander this season in the process. Some fans will have to rethink about supporting the club for putting a United legend to the sword.

Alabaster Codify7

I agree with your points about winning things but I think the main attraction is that he's clearly 100x better than our current manager. Reaching the CL final and consistently finishing in the top 3-4 of the league is a good indicator of that. Ole could only have wet dreams about such 'accolades'.

devilish

He didn't tanked at every club that wasn't semi amateur level which is far more then Ole did. Seriously the guy had improved every club he was in often with little budget at his disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.