Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkey

Had three decisions to make yesterday and got them all right.
In your opinion. In the opinion of pretty much every commentator and analyst which I saw, along with myself and a number of posters on this board (who can take off rose tinted glasses) VAR got the Maguire one wrong.

Alabaster Codify7

It was a brilliant header, but he was dismal up to that point. I mean, infuriatingly dismal. Standing around as usual - so many times I saw Bruno in particular look up and he's met with Martial blinking back at him.

He improved after the goal in fairness. He's a very frustrating player. I just don't think he'll ever quite scale the heights that his ability suggests he should. Hope I'm wrong.

This is a symptom of our struggles. Martial was dogshit for 99% of the game, scored a brilliant header (admittedly) and the script is ripped up and he's considered to have been good - and then he previous few games are also forgotten. Martial could now turn in 2/10 performances for the next three league games but score a tap-in in the fourth and the reset button is pressed.

Ole has us in 9th, he wins a crucial game and again - boom, the reset button is pressed again and he almost is starting again in terms of performance assessment.

Look back at how long we hung onto players like Anderson, for example. 2/3 of a season he looks like a pub player, turns in 3 or 4 7/10 performances and is given a clean slate for the next season with many "expecting big things of him now he's found his feet again" or similar.

My views on Ole are the same - if he gets us CL football by hook or by crook, I'll be content to see him in charge next season. If he doesn't, in one of the weakest PL's in memory having added £200m of new players to his squad, he needs to get gone.

Denis' cuff

Mate, Ole isn't managing some Sheffield United who recently got promoted. He's been our manager for more than 1 year. You can blame it on a ton of factors, but at the end of the day he is the one making footballing decisions. Who to buy, who to sell, who to keep, who to play and who to rest.

Our squad as imbalanced as it is, should be more than good enough to finish Top4 this season. The only reason we are still in the running is because everyone chose to implode at the same time: Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham even Everton to a certain extent. In a way it is similar to Leicester's title win, because all of the competition decided to become wank at the same time. A good manager would have us battling Leicester and City for 2nd.

If he needs 200 million just for us to be a stable Top4 side might as well sack him tomorrow and bring in the best checkbook manager out there in Pep.

Now don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the beating of all the "giants" and some of the players have improved under Ole. But at the same time I can't help but wonder, how much of that is simply due to the fact that he simply plays them in their preffered position for 4-5 games in row.

My biggest gripe with Mou aside from his defense first approach was the fact that he would chop and change the starting 11 all the time. Rashford, Fred and Martial were the biggest victims because of this. Coincidentaly, these were the players that improved the most under Ole. But credit is where credit is due.

And you can't be serious if you think Werner or Sancho will join us, when the likes of Liverpool are interested.
I seriously think there’s something wrong with these people

we had that and no doubt you still whinged about it.

...and for those complaining about us not signing Messi, Ronaldo, Declan fecking Rice... like Mou and those before him, the manager doesnt have a say in whether or not... just: “I would like” and the rest is up to the garden gnome and his puppet masters.

wish we could lose a few “fans” never mind players

dirkey

...and for those complaining about us not signing Messi, Ronaldo, Declan fecking Rice... like Mou and those before him, the manager doesnt have a say in whether or not... just: “I would like” and the rest is up to the garden gnome and his puppet masters.

Oh. My. God.

How have I not seen this before! He so is! :D

crossy1686

career ending

Too much FIFA. It's Football Manager syndrome. Everyone knows you just call the club, make a bid and the player joins based on where you are in the table.

Mainoldo

This is a symptom of our struggles. Martial was dogshit for 99% of the game, scored a brilliant header (admittedly) and the script is ripped up and he's considered to have been good - and then he previous few games are also forgotten. Martial could now turn in 2/10 performances for the next three league games but score a tap-in in the fourth and the reset button is pressed.

Ole has us in 9th, he wins a crucial game and again - boom, the reset button is pressed again and he almost is starting again in terms of performance assessment.

Look back at how long we hung onto players like Anderson, for example. 2/3 of a season he looks like a pub player, turns in 3 or 4 7/10 performances and is given a clean slate for the next season with many "expecting big things of him now he's found his feet again" or similar.

My views on Ole are the same - if he gets us CL football by hook or by crook, I'll be content to see him in charge next season. If he doesn't, in one of the weakest PL's in memory having added £200m of new players to his squad, he needs to get gone.
How did Dan James get on?

meamth

Poch's CV is brilliant compared to that of Ole. The guy tanked at every club that wasn't amateur level.
That's a big myth, about poch's CV.

During his time at Soton, has the lowest win percentage amongst their 4 managers.

Signed 27 players only 4 or 5 are hits.

Trash record against the big 6.

Never win shyte.

That is all facts.
Now I exposed all of this facts, are you still rooting for him to be our manager?

I dont think so.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Only by people like you. Every draw and loss is a crisis and every win is grudgingly thought of as limited progress, if any at all.

It takes time to build a team. We are adding good players and solving problems in the squad and that requires patience. Its beyond most people on here.

Mainoldo

During his time at Soton, has the lowest win percentage amongst their 4 managers.

Never win shyte.

That is all facts.
Now I exposed all of this facts, are you still rooting for him to be our manager?

I dont think so.
can you list those 27 players for Spurs over his 5 year reign please.

Also did he not get Southampton into there highest EPL finish?

DFreshKing

How did that clusterfeck finished second and had that honeymoon period when he got the job ? Must be the best clusterfeck I have seen.
Yet another tiresome trope to go with £200 million pounds. You forget the bit where one on the worlds best managers said that second was his greatest achievement in management. That was also May and Ole too over the following December with the team in 6th with 5 loses and 5 draws from 17 played. I pity United 'Fans' routing for Chelsea last night. Another big result at a very difficult place to go. The revisionism here is sad to see, how many Ole outers predicted we were to be destroyed last night and heading towards 14th Place?

Now we are 3 points off 4th, Ole is again proving the doubters wrong. Didn't people want to see fight? Winning mentality?

I'm enjoying today anyway. Get rid of the circus and reinvest well and we might lose a few Poch fans to city next season....

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
2 goals rightly ruled out is a bucket load of luck? We could have had Paddy Roche in goal last night!
Kante off in the 10th minute, Christensen injured, Maquire should of seen red, their first goal was a foul by Fred first, no pulisic or Tammy, Batshuayi missing 2 sitters. Yeah, they were lucky we only won by 2.

meamth

Poch's CV is brilliant compared to that of Ole. The guy tanked at every club that wasn't amateur level.

Never win shyte.

That is all facts.

I dont think so.

lsd

The Oracle
can you list those 27 players for Spurs over his 5 year reign please.

Also did he not get Southampton into there highest EPL finish?

You can open Google type pochettino signings and first hit is his 27 signings ranked

RollieOle

The man is yet to be out done tactically. Hes hammered Lampard three times now, when was the last time we beat a Chelsea team home and away?

He has beat Pep, the 'greatest coach to ever manage', twice this season, with a worse squad. He is the only manager to take points of Liverpool this year. He slapped the great Poch everytime he faced him, with a worse squad as well.

Tactically the man cannot be touched, we just need that little bit of quality now tp help us break down the weaker teams. The board would be idiotic to sack the man, lets hope they have a little more football knowledge than some of our glory hunting fan base.

Oles at the wheel

Thisistheone

Kante off in the 10th minute, Christensen injured, Maquire should of seen red, their first goal was a foul by Fred first, no pulisic or Tammy, Batshuayi missing 2 sitters. Yeah, they were lucky we only won by 2.
Indeed. He's being deliberately one eyed in order to fight Ole's corner. We clearly had luck last night. But sometimes you make your own luck - like Liverpool many times this season.

Must admit he is doing a lot of good things. The players brought in have impressed. Not just ability wise but character wise. The deadwood he's moved on has been a great relief. The improvement in certain players, Rashford, Williams, Fred, McTomminay. It's definitely positive. It all feels long term rather than Mourinho's short term approach.

The major issue though it we're 7th in a shite league. This is surely one of the weakest PL seaons and we might not get top 4. Sheff Utd are ahead of us. Our goal difference is +9.

The team is finally showing some bottle though and there maybe light at the end of the tunnel, not sure if thats my heart ruling my head though after a nice away win against a rival.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

You can open Google type pochettino signings and first hit is his 27 signings ranked
I know. But it just seemed like you analysed the whole list of players and decided who was good or not. So I thought you might have remembered them all.

shaky

Would you be giving Ole the benefit of the doubt if we'd just lost in the circumstances Chelsea lost in yesterday? Why do I suspect you'd be saying it was a deserved defeat?

RedNed77

JFC. Alderweireld, Son & Moura are about the only ones on that list who you'd be happy with. How Poch has so many fans on here with that record in the market and his grand total of zero trophies is amazing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Never win shyte.

That is all facts.

I dont think so.
So you think that Ole has a better managerial record in the EPL then him? How many EPL clubs did Poch got relegated? Did ole got 2nd place in the EPL or in a CL final?

dogwithabone

Ole does my head in, he really does.

I go from thinking he’s a lower league manager at best, with limited tactical nous and not enough character to someone who seems to have an uncanny ability to go toe to toe in the big head to heads and come out on top. The pundits, Lampard, the stats people can say what they like but he’s done a job on Chelsea three times now in a season with an aggregate, I think, 8-1 (can’t remember the cup score). At what point is that no coincidence ?

For all that positivity the obvious concern is the inability to put away the smaller fry but that’s rectifiable. A bigger problem would be if we were walloping the Brighton’s and Burnley’s and getting mullered against the top boys - but we are not.

I think I’m just tilting towards thinking Ole maybe the right man and deserves another crack at a summer window. Then again Watford at the weekend could change all that - again.

Mainoldo

JFC. Alderweireld, Son & Moura are about the only ones on that list who you'd be happy with. How Poch has so many fans on here with that record in the market and his grand total of zero trophies is amazing.
But yet finished top 4 consistently. How strange. Maybe if we spent less time focusing on buying our way to success. We’d hire the Correct managers.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Would you be giving Ole the benefit of the doubt if we'd just lost in the circumstances Chelsea lost in yesterday? Why do I suspect you'd be saying it was a deserved defeat?
Not at all. If let's say Rudiger kicked James the way Maquire kicked Batshuayi and he didn't get sent off I'd be fuming. It was a pivotal moment in the game and if we had of lost because of it I'd be calling the ref all sorts of names instead of saying it was a deserved defeat. We rode our luck, we won, 3 points, pushing for top 4, happy days.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Indeed. He's being deliberately one eyed in order to fight Ole's corner. We clearly had luck last night. But sometimes you make your own luck - like Liverpool many times this season.

I voted Ole out but must admit he is - slowly - doing a lot of good things. The players brought in have impressed. Not just ability wise but character wise. The deadwood he's moved on has been a great relief. The improvement in certain players, Rashford, Williams, Fred, McTomminay. It's definitely positive. It all feels long term rather than Mourinho's short term approach.

The major issue though it we're 7th in a shite league. This is surely one of the weakest PL seaons and we might not get top 4. Sheff Utd are ahead of us. Our goal difference is +9.

The team is finally showing some bottle though and there maybe light at the end of the tunnel, if we can get 4th I'd sign up for another season of Solskjaer... not sure if thats my heart ruling my head though after a nice away win against a rival.
Bollox to that, i'm fighting Manchester United's corner, and if we had some long overdue luck, so what, we've been fecked over there some many times it was laughable, Martin Atkinson x2 x3 anyone, I just don't know why any United fan would be making an issue of it, hate the Manager all you want, but we desperately needed a win, we got it, try and be happy, and don't put your unhappy knickers on till teatime on Thursday.

Class of 63

Sourness
The man is yet to be out done tactically. Hes hammered Lampard three times now, when was the last time we beat a Chelsea team home and away?

He has beat Pep, the 'greatest coach to ever manage', twice this season, with a worse squad. He is the only manager to take points of Liverpool this year. He slapped the great Poch everytime he faced him, with a worse squad as well.

Tactically the man cannot be touched, we just need that little bit of quality now tp help us break down the weaker teams. The board would be idiotic to sack the man, lets hope they have a little more football knowledge than some of our glory hunting fan base.

Oles at the wheel
1987/88, 3-1, and 1-2

L1nk

Ole does my head in, he really does.

I go from thinking he’s a lower league manager at best, with limited tactical nous and not enough character to someone who seems to have an uncanny ability to go toe to toe in the big head to heads and come out on top. The pundits, Lampard, the stats people can say what they like but he’s done a job on Chelsea three times now in a season with an aggregate, I think, 8-1 (can’t remember the cup score). At what point is that no coincidence ?

For all that positivity the obvious concern is the inability to put away the smaller fry but that’s rectifiable. A bigger problem would be if we were walloping the Brighton’s and Burnley’s and getting mullered against the top boys - but we are not.

I think I’m just tilting towards thinking Ole maybe the right man and deserves another crack at a summer window. Then again Watford at the weekend could change all that - again.
It's a bit of a hard argument to make, that Chelsea are one of the big boys, when they are so awful this season, we got 1 win vs City then they absolutely played us off the park in the 2 matches after that, we got a draw vs Liverpool, then they beat us after that, we've beaten Arsenal, as they have also beaten us, we beat Leicester, hopefully we beat them again, we drew vs Everton, we drew with Sheffield, drawn 1 and won 1 vs Wolves etc, anyone would think we were battering the top 6 on the daily the way some people go on.

theklr

Just wait and see if we are losing to Watford. Ole is like the most bi-polar manager ever.

L1nk

or how many Cardiffs has Poch managed? This is desperation posting.
Southampton barely avoided relegation and just managed to get 15th when Pochettino took over, you know what happened after that, hint, he didn't relegate them.

Thisistheone

Bollox to that, i'm fighting Manchester United's corner, and if we had some long overdue luck, so what, we've been fecked over there some many times it was laughable, Martin Atkinson x2 x3 anyone, I just don't know why any United fan would be making an issue of it, hate the Manager all you want, but we desperately needed a win, we got it, try and be happy, and don't put your unhappy knickers on till teatime on Thursday.
Totally agree we were robbed at the Bridge on several occasions under Fergie. One in particular probably cost us the league title down the line. Think it was a Fletcher non-foul led to a joke free kick that they scored from.

But to deny we had any luck at all last night is taking the mick.

I am happy, so much so that I'm actually debating giving Ole another season. Which is a massive turnaround & probably crazy.

Greck

I mean..I hate saying this stuff after a win. Supporters should be allowed to enjoy a victory till the next result but I'm still for canning him. This movie has now played out about 4 times this season. The next draw/defeat at the hands of at midtable team is always around the corner. Our season goes in the format of WDL with the Ws being spirited performances against top 6 teams

If you're ole in the victory didn't make you think the squad is good. If you're ole out it also didnt make you think the manager is good enough

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle

It was pretty shocking when you went through the list . I wouldn't have believed it to be honest

Class of 63

Sourness
Totally agree we were robbed at the Bridge on several occasions under Fergie. One in particular probably cost us the league title down the line. Think it was a Fletcher non-foul led to a joke free kick that they scored from.

But to deny we had any luck at all last night is taking the mick.

I am happy, so much so that I'm actually debating giving Ole another season. Which is a massive turnaround & probably crazy.
and if we had some long overdue luck, so what, :confused:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
or how many Cardiffs has Poch managed? This is desperation posting.
Well Southampton is hardly a top side. Pochettino led the team to an eighth-placed finish, their highest league position since 2002–03, while also recording their highest points tally since the Premier League began in 1992–93. Ole got Cardiff at 20th place with just 7 wins and 30 points then he tanked in the Championship again which lead the club to finally sack him. On one hand you've got a person who came second in the EPL and in the CL finals with Spurs. On the other hand you've got Ole who couldn't even cut it in the championship and whose 7th place with Manchester United, 13 points away mighty Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.