Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hmchan

True, but the horrible truth is that the back ups are such a big drop in quality that it often ends up costing us points. Mata and Matic for example were both fine players in their day, but its clear they are both well past it, same with Young.

Maybe Maguire should have been rested more, but with Rojo, Baily and Tuanzebe injured, that means we have to play Jones
So, who causes the big drop in quality of the back ups? As I have said previously, Ole is responsibe for building the squad. He let Fellaini and Herrera go (to which I have no opinion), but he made no attempt to cover the loss and strengthen the midfield. He loaned Smalling out, leaving a bunch of injury-prone CBs who are so-called good at playing out from the back.

It is claimed that he intentionally keeps the squad small so that young players would have more chances, but in the end he obviously lacks confidence in playing them, ends up overusing first team players.

shaky

When your last surgeon gave you the second best surgery in the country, while also sending you an unexpected box of chocolates of Europa brand after the surgery, but then inexplicably when he wanted you to co-operate for the surgery next year you refused to even talk to him.

Yeah sure it's the surgeons fault.

Enjoy your gruesome death at the hands of the friendly neighborhood surgeon who's bubbly and runs around a lot, but cut off your dick while doing bypass on you and them blamed it on the nurses.
If you're going to interrupt the surgeon 30% of the way through your operation, demanding to know why you don't feel better yet, then I think you'll toil to be happy with any surgeon.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
So, who causes the big drop in quality of the back ups? As I have said previously, Ole is responsibe for building the squad. He let Fellaini and Herrera go (to which I have no opinion), but he made no attempt to cover the loss and strengthen the midfield. He loaned Smalling out, leaving a bunch of injury-prone CBs who are so-called good at playing out from the back.

It is claimed that he intentionally keeps the squad small so that young players would have more chances, but in the end he obviously lacks confidence in playing them, ends up overusing first team players.
Its a bit more complicated than that though. The reason Jose lost his marbles was when the board pulled the plug on him and only got him Fred before 18/19. Ideally we should of course had gotten 3 more players this summer, but that did not happen

The squad was in such a dire state that it would always be impossible to address all the issues in one window. The first XI is not half bad and good enough for top 4, but the back ups are far from good enough

RedBanker

I love you Ole
If you're going to interrupt the surgeon 30% of the way through your operation, demanding to know why you don't feel better yet, then I think you'll toil to be happy with any surgeon.
As I said. I will interrupt him having seen that even more than 50 percent into the bypass surgery he is getting ready to chop off my dick, because I want to live.
Thankfully the anesthesia called blind faith has no effect on me, so i won't wake up dickless.

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This has nothing to do with Ole but can some of you lunatics not go to extreme examples when trying to defend things. People express their views about our football and here they come with " you glory hunters think there is a manager out there who can win PL with this squad?", how about no but maybe they think there is a manager out their who can bring more out of current squad and teach/train properly those useless pricks, improve football and them at least for 2% of their max.

fecking hell, you aint even helping your own agenda, just invite more push backs from opposite side.
Impossible. There's no manager in existence that can get anything more out of this squad, apparently. Which implies that Ole is the best there is out there for us now. Which is wild.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Ole relegated Cardiff as the dead last place in the league, then was sitting pretty at the 17th place in the Championship when he was sacked. That's while he was allowed to sign 17 players.

I think you're being generous there.
He truly is an atrocious manager because he’s had the chance to manage at both ends of the league and has failed spectacularly at both, as you said he even completely flopped in the Championship

momo83

Massive Snowflake
When go in with a broken arm and your surgeon amputates your foot, I think you’ll have a reason to demand he gets fired.

L1nk

Christ the surgeon comparisons. The desperation reaches new heights in this place.

Yes, you go in for surgery on a hernia. The surgeon then starts operating on your brain instead, after he's done removing about 30% of your brain you question what the hell is he doing, he then says "Shhh trust the process, i need more time and more surgeons"

Delusion has peaked.

Foxbatt

No it doesn't. You implied Mou had the same squad and finished 2nd in the league. Our squad is very different from 2 years ago. There have been improvements, AWB and Maguire, and there have been positions that have gotten worse. You just can't compare the two squads and it's silly to try.
No I am saying that Ole got the same squad Jose got to the 2nd position. He has been here since last year and the squad he took over got us to 2nd. Whatever he did with it later is his choice.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
He truly is an atrocious manager because he’s had the chance to manage at both ends of the league and has failed spectacularly at both, as you said he even completely flopped in the Championship
No he didnt. Goes to show how little you know of what you speak. How many players did he have to replace that summer? How many games did he have in the championship and how many games did he loose? You have no idea what you are talking about, and the job at Cardiff was much more than on the football field. In many ways that makes him very qualified to handle what goes on at the club now.

GBBQ

This has nothing to do with Ole but can some of you lunatics not go to extreme examples when trying to defend things. People express their views about our football and here they come with " you glory hunters think there is a manager out there who can win PL with this squad?", how about no but maybe they think there is a manager out their who can bring more out of current squad and teach/train properly those useless pricks, improve football and them at least for 2% of their max.

fecking hell, you aint even helping your own agenda, just invite more push backs from opposite side.
Exactly, we have significant room for improvement and our short to mid term aim should really be just getting to the level Leicester are at currently (consistent, comfortably in the top 4). We just need a manager who can coach us to break down defensive teams and have variations on tactics so we're not one trick ponies against the top teams.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
No he didnt. Goes to show how little you know of what you speak. How many players did he have to replace that summer? How many games did he have in the championship and how many games did he loose? You have no idea what you are talking about, and the job at Cardiff was much more than on the football field. In many ways that makes him very qualified to handle what goes on at the club now.
I know speaking the truth about Ole’s managerial record is a sensitive issue for some like yourself. But facts are facts.

Fact 1) He took over Cardiff when they were outside of the relegation zone and finished bottom in the league. This is a situation where managers such as Moyes, Allerdyce etc often prove their worth. PS. They avoid relegation in 3-5 months without needing 3-4 transfer windows

Fact 2) in the championship he continued to fail and was on track to get relegated again

Fact 3) He signed 10 players at Cardiff. Almost an entire first team.

Fact 4) When he was sacked Cardiff were 17th in the championship!

If anything i have said is wrong please show with facts not emotional ramblings.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and the job at Cardiff was much more than on the football field. In many ways that makes him very qualified to handle what goes on at the club now.
Surely that makes him uniquely unqualified :lol:

It's kinda like saying that after what happened during his time at Liverpool, Christian Benteke is in many ways very qualified to lead the line for the current Manchester United.

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
You have no idea what you are talking about, and the job at Cardiff was much more than on the football field. In many ways that makes him very qualified to handle what goes on at the club now.
Yikes :houllier:

hobbers

Double relegating Cardiff (well, he would have given the chance) definitely sets you up nicely to manage a top Prem team.

Molde did an amazing job staving off all those big clubs circling around Ole interested in him for his expertise, him being so highly qualified in top level management and all.

Dve

........................De Gea......................

Bissaka - Lindeløf Tuanzebe - Jones Maguire - Williams

.................Pereira Pogba - Fred..............

.....................Lingard Fernandes............

.......James - Greenwood Martial - Rashford.......

That´s how we´ll CL football next season.

Then sign Sancho and Saul Niguez and we can start discussion tactics.

Amerifan

I’ve been keep all along, but I just switched to sack for one reason only: I’m already bored with tomorrow’s game. Win, lose, draw. Yawn. Already know what the CAF comments will be, what Ole will say, what the club won’t do. Progress is at a standstill. A win tomorrow will be followed by a loss, or vice versa. I follow United to be entertained. This is not entertaining. I don’t think Ole is the problem, but something needs to change and a new manager is the easiest way to make things interesting again.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
I know speaking the truth about Ole’s managerial record is a sensitive issue for some like yourself. But facts are facts.

Fact 1) He took over Cardiff when they were outside of the relegation zone and finished bottom in the league. This is a situation where managers such as Moyes, Allerdyce etc often prove their worth. PS. They avoid relegation in 3-5 months without needing 3-4 transfer windows

Fact 2) in the championship he continued to fail and was on track to get relegated again

Fact 3) He signed 10 players at Cardiff. Almost an entire first team.

Fact 4) When he was sacked Cardiff were 17th in the championship!

If anything i have said is wrong please show with facts not emotional ramblings.
No mate, you speak from your own perception, and that is far far from the truth - but it is ok, i guess. Lot of that going around these days.
But as usual «facts» have little to do with it.
I don’t know where you got a reading from my emotions!? You are welcome to call them ramblings, but my initial post, that you haven’t got a clue stand. I`ll humor you with your «facts», although they don’t have much to do with my response to you.

Fact 1. You sir are correct. They where outside the relegation zone sitting 17 - and falling like a stone. The team was falling apart, and sadly the owner and the manager had a fall out.
If anything, i think Mackay should have had his chance trying to keep them up, but he didn’t. The owner wanted attractive and attacking football, and at the time Ole was touted as the next big thing in Europe. Ole took the job, with reassurance that this was a project and he would get to stay on, even if relegated. After all, the owner thought he had been fraud spending 45 mill on shit. The spine of that team was Marshall, Stephen Caulker, Gary Medel, Aaron Gunnarson, Jordan Mutch and Campbell. The team was proper shit. Although Marshall did amazing in his premier season, he was never to been seen again after he was sold. The same goes for Caulker, Mutch and Campbell. Gunnarson remained, limited footballer as he was «spine» for years to come. Medel jumped ship to bigger and better things, and had a few seasons of good spells.
I could go on - where the rest of that «premier team» ended up, like the 18 year old playing right back from lack of options, but i wont. You wont take anything on board anyway..

Fact 2. No he didn’t. The truth is he lost that pathetic spine of a team, and he had to build a new one. Hindsight show that some went on to better things and where top footballers (Some where even let go for free when Ole left), and some didn’t. But agenda posters (or ignorant and totally clueless) like yourself like to point out that Ole was sacked being 17 in the championship, but fail to say it was after 7 games with a newly composed team. Also, he lost two games - to teams later going into the top 6, and drawing to Wolwes after a late feck up own goal by Mark Hudson. The draw against Blackburn was a fair result in the opening game. That was it.. He didn’t look to shabby at all.. Word in the football community after he was "sacked", was that the owner once again interfered on how to manage, and Ole refused to obey. Therefore he was sacked. The only thing he said on the matter himself was they parted on a difference on philosophy. The truth is he had yet to leash his best players, like Guerra and Burgstaller, Daehlie and Dickagoi. Ohh yes, and i think Kenwyne Jones was suffering from a back problem if i remember correctly. But all players needing to adapt to the championship. Also he just signed Bruno Manga, and I’m not sure he even got to play him before he left.

Fact 3. Ohh dear.. No he didn’t. He signed more than that. Ole is on record saying he needed to keep his (pathetic) spine of a team if he where to challenge for promotion. He couldn’t, as a few of them thought they where premier quality and jumped ship. None of them had any impact and hardly played in the premier league again. So, no. He didn’t sign 10 first teamers.. He signed what ever he could get his hand on, replacing what the club sold. Mind you, he was given a «war chest» of 7,5 millions in the January window trying to keep the club up in premier league. In total he made 17 signings. some where for the future, and some to try replacing his pathetic spine of a team. After all, he had to sell 16 players.

Fact 4. Already went trough this, and if its agenda or it is you not having a clue, i don’t know..

- I got another fact for you though, mate.

Fact 5. Nah, i would just bore your naitivity even more.. But that club was a war zone, and Ole never knew what hit him. There was this crazy owner who thought the keeper should shoot more, and something called the Langston depth. Millions supposedly owed to a former owner and board members. (And a few high profile fans had some stake in it too, one Lebanese ex owner, and ex friend hooligan fan, now living his best life in the sun in Spain - after it was settled) There was a war going on with red against the true color blue, and even people within the club working against the team. I spoke to Steve Borley about it, so i have no doubt it is true. He was a board member by the way. Ole held his own in that madness, he never budged on his principals, even if half the people saying hello every day wanted to stick a knife in his back. We could go on to Fact 6. With the club options he had after. But he chose to stick as a family man after that.. Yes, i am saying he refused a lot of offers throughout Europe prioritizing family.. And to include in Fact 5. He made many mistakes at that club. But who the feck wouldn’t? Most of us would be on medication after that.. Thats the short version of the story..

So no mate. You don’t have a fecking clue on what went on there. And you probably don’t have a clue on what is going on at UTD now. Ole didn’t fail at Cardiff, Cardiff failed him. This clears it up for you!?

And if you think Ole isn’t the man to deal with Woodward after that, after dealing with an even bigger maniac - Rokke at Molde, i don’t know what to tell you. Ole is after all - the only ex UTD speaking out loud against the Glaziers, but i would think you already knew that.

Hope this answers all the band wagoners posting after, as i only have 3 posts every day responding to crap like this..

Popcorn

And once he was sacked, the next manager improved their position in the league, finishing in 11th place.

Mainoldo

........................De Gea......................

Bissaka - Lindeløf Tuanzebe - Jones Maguire - Williams

.................Pereira Pogba - Fred..............

.....................Lingard Fernandes............

.......James - Greenwood Martial - Rashford.......

That´s how we´ll CL football next season.

Then sign Sancho and Saul Niguez and we can start discussion tactics.
That team would not make top 4 is Ole managed it.

Eriku

Same can be said for some Ole-outers, too. But yeah, it’s a sad dynamic, it’s ruined the United section of the forum for me.

RUCK4444

No mate, you speak from your own perception, and that is far far from the truth - but it is ok, i guess. Lot of that going around these days.
I don’t know where you got a reading from my emotions!? You are welcome to call them ramblings, but my initial post, that you haven’t got a clue stand. I`ll humor you with your «facts», although they don’t have much to do with my response to you.

Fact 1. You sir are correct. They where outside the relegation zone sitting 17 - and falling like a stone. The team was falling apart, and sadly the owner and the manager had a fall out.
If anything, i think Mackay should have had his chance trying to keep them up, but he didn’t. The owner wanted attractive and attacking football, and at the time Ole was touted as the next big thing in Europe. Ole took the job, with reassurance that this was a project and he would get to stay on, even if relegated. After all, the owner thought he had been fraud spending 45 mill on shit. The spine of that team was Marshall, Stephen Caulker, Gary Medel, Aaron Gunnarson, Jordan Mutch and Campbell. The team was proper shit. Although Marshall did amazing in his premier season, he was never to been seen again after he was sold. The same goes for Caulker, Mutch and Campbell. Gunnarson remained, limited footballer as he was «spine» for years to come. Medel jumped ship to bigger and better things, and had a few seasons of good spells.
I could go on - where the rest of that «premier team» ended up, like the 18 year old playing right back from lack of options, but i wont. You wont take anything on board anyway..

Fact 2. No he didn’t. The truth is he lost that pathetic spine of a team, and he had to build a new one. Hindsight show that some went on to better things and where top footballers (Some where even let go for free when Ole left), and some didn’t. But agenda posters (or ignorant and totally clueless) like yourself like to point out that Ole was sacked being 17 in the championship, but fail to say it was after 7 games with a newly composed team. Also, he lost two games - to teams later going into the top 6, and drawing to Wolwes after a late feck up own goal by Mark Hudson. The draw against Blackburn was a fair result in the opening game. That was it.. He didn’t look to shabby at all.. Word in the football community after he was "sacked", was that the owner once again interfered on how to manage, and Ole refused to obey. Therefore he was sacked. The only thing he said on the matter himself was they parted on a difference on philosophy. The truth is he had yet to leash his best players, like Guerra and Burgstaller, Daehlie and Dickagoi. Ohh yes, and i think Kenwyne Jones was suffering from a back problem if i remember correctly. But all players needing to adapt to the championship. Also he just signed Bruno Manga, and I’m not sure he even got to play him before he left.

Fact 3. Ohh dear.. No he didn’t. He signed more than that. Ole is on record saying he needed to keep his (pathetic) spine of a team if he where to challenge for promotion. He couldn’t, as a few of them thought they where premier quality and jumped ship. None of them had any impact and hardly played in the premier league again. So, no. He didn’t sign 10 first teamers.. He signed what ever he could get his hand on, replacing what the club sold. Mind you, he was given a «war chest» of 7,5 millions in the January window trying to keep the club up in premier league. In total he made 17 signings. some where for the future, and some to try replacing his pathetic spine of a team. After all, he had to sell 16 players.

Fact 4. Already went trough this, and if its agenda or it is you not having a clue, i don’t know..

Fact 5. Nah, i would just bore your naitivity even more.. But that club was a war zone, and Ole never knew what hit him. There was this crazy owner who thought the keeper should shoot more, and something called the Langston depth. Millions supposedly owed to a former owner and board members. (And a few high profile fans had some stake in it too, one Lebanese ex owner, and ex friend hooligan fan, now living his best life in the sun in Spain - after it was settled) There was a war going on with red against the true color blue, and even people within the club working against the team. I spoke to Steve Borley about it, so i have no doubt it is true. He was a board member by the way. Ole held his own in that madness, he never budged on his principals, even if half the people saying hello every day wanted to stick a knife in his back. We could go on to Fact 6. With the club options he had after. But he chose to stick as a family man after that.. Yes, i am saying he refused a lot of offers throughout Europe prioritizing family.. And to include in Fact 5. He made many mistakes at that club. But who the feck wouldn’t? Most of us would be on medication after that.. Thats the short version of the story..

So no mate. You don’t have a fecking clue on what went on there. And you probably don’t have a clue on what is going on at UTD now. Ole didn’t fail at Cardiff, Cardiff failed him. This clears it up for you!?

And if you think Ole isn’t the man to deal with Woodward after that, after dealing with an even bigger maniac - Rokke at Molde, i don’t know what to tell you. Ole is after all - the only ex UTD speaking out loud against the Glaziers, but i would think you already knew that.

Hope this answers all the band wagoners posting after, as i only have 3 posts every day responding to crap like this..
Good knowledge on the Cardiff setup, out of curiosity are you from Cardiff? I am myself and have heard almost all of the same from a few people I know that work at the club.

A good friend of mine who I also work with is a long term friend of the former sporting director who has since moved on to a Middle Eastern club I believe.

People don’t realise how much of a circus Cardiff were at that time and more or less remain, the owner is just a little more removed from the limelight.

The forced change of kit colour was a disgrace and just added to the chaos that was Cardiff City at that time.
No manager would have kept that side up and a lot of lifetime supporters I know agree.

Mainoldo

So signing Fernandes and getting Pogba back would not improve us? I find that quite pathetic, but up to you.
Yes it would improve us. Would it mean we play better football though? No!

I’m fed up of people thinking coaching does not matter.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
He chose the wrong area in the summer to spend140m.

Should have fixed the defence next year with midfield and attacking this year. Look at how Klopp did. He was always confident that he could outscore the opponents .
Again, please don't compare klopp, Pep with Ole, they are different level, experiences, expectation and paid too.

It would be fair if you compare him to Lampard, Arteta and Gerrard. You don't expect he do a Klopp or Pep overnight. When board got him they already expected this.

Dve

Yes it would improve us. Would it mean we play better football though? No!

I’m fed up of people thinking coaching does not matter.
It would improve us, but not make us any better. Eh, ok.

Mainoldo

Good knowledge on the Cardiff setup, out of curiosity are you from Cardiff? I am myself and have heard almost all of the same from a few people I know that work at the club.

A good friend of mine who I also work with is a long term friend of the former sporting director who has since moved on to a Middle Eastern club I believe.

People don’t realise how much of a circus Cardiff were at that time and more or less remain, the owner is just a little more removed from the limelight.

The forced change of kit colour was a disgrace and just added to the chaos that was Cardiff City at that time.
No manager would have kept that side up and a lot of lifetime supporters I know agree.
Great stuff. But I know a few Cardiff fans too so I ask you. How did Ole coach? How did you feel his team played; his team selections and tactics?

The behind the scenes issues were pretty much public a lot of us noticed you changed from blue to red like a disloyal guy from Compton and there was a lot of politics far worse than we currently had. But it felt more like politics with the board and the fans than an on the pitch issue.

the chameleon

This Redcafe policy of allowing noobs to debate in the main doesn't look like it's working. Or maybe, it's this wolfmotherclucker

momo83

Massive Snowflake

So basically the Titanic didn’t fail, it’s the people that failed by not being able to swim the rest of the journey when it sank.

In every forum you always get the one “you don’t know what was going on there” As if you know any more then the rest of us what went on at Cardiff and goes on at OT.

Extracts from article about Ole’s incompetence at Cardiff. Very familiar to his incompetence at Man Utd

1)“When he first came into the job, Solskjaer pledged an adventurous, free-flowing brand of football to wow the fans. He wanted ball-playing centre-backs, which is why Bruno Manga and Juan Cala were chosen against Middlesbrough.

What we saw in the second half was lump it up to Kenwyne Jones route one rubbish. A style totally alien to Manga and Cala. It got Cardiff absolutely nowhere, was the worst display of that method of football I’ve seen from the Bluebirds since Dave Jones”

2)“Vincent Tan has spent a fortune on giving his Norwegian boss what, on paper at least, looks by far the strongest squad in the Championship. Certainly the biggest, with defender Sean Morrison trumpeting that Cardiff’s second X1 should be good enough to earn promotion.”

3)“Solskjaer had started with a midfield of Peter Whittingham, Aron Gunnarsson and Joe Ralls, three players he inherited from Malky Mackay. So what on earth was the point of signing Kagisho Dikgacoi, Tom Adeyemi and Guido Burtgstaller in the summer” (He signed a whole midfield but still played the crap midfielders you say he inherited)

4)“They lack as much shape, pattern and tactical consistency today as they did when Solskjaer first entered the fray as manager back at the beginning of January.

5)”I hesitate to say he’s lost the plot because, as far as some Cardiff fans are concerned, we wonder if he had it in the first place.”

6)“They, like me, simply cannot fathom some of Solskjaer’s decision-making”

7)“He keeps playing Gunnarsson in the 10 role

8)“ Solskjaer has presided over some utterly abject Cardiff display at home”

Link to the article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...le-gunnar-solskjaers-cardiff-city-7786419.amp

Last edited:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Great stuff. But I know a few Cardiff fans too so I ask you. How did Ole coach? How did you feel his team played; his team selections and tactics?

The behind the scenes issues were pretty much public a lot of us noticed you changed from blue to red like a disloyal guy from Compton and there was a lot of politics far worse than we currently had. But it felt more like politics with the board and the fans than an on the pitch issue.
ignore these fake in the knows. Conveniently all new members. Check my post above this extracts from article during his time at Cardiff, link to article also provided.

Mainoldo

ignore these fake in the knows. Conveniently all new members. Check my post above this extracts from article during his time at Cardiff, link to article also provided.
Not surprised. The Cardiff fans I knew told me he was clueless and you’ll be confused with his line up decisions. I can’t say the line ups have been confusing but he sure is clueless.

We can just hope we hire a good manager in the summer and we keep the good players we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.