Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seij

ignore these fake in the knows. Conveniently all new members. Check my post above this extracts from article during his time at Cardiff, link to article also provided.
The dude's entire 45 or so posts consist of vehemently defending Ole, insulting any criticisms of Ole, and lowering the standards as much as possible ("What do you expect with this squad???")

L1nk

Sack him, get in Pochettino, the guy is there ready and waiting, I guarantee if we offered it to him he would take it immediately. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he's waiting and keeping a tab on the situation until the summer, hell, I know we are a poorly run club but I wouldn't honestly be surprised if we had had a word with him or his agent to keep an eye on the situation as well.

SteveW

Well if the last 6 years are anything to go by no top 4 or Europa league and sacked
Those managers had much better squads and were heavily backed in the market. Club are taking a longer term view. I'd expect that to apply to Ole too since most people believe we don't have a squad good enough to get top 4 right now.

hmchan

Its a bit more complicated than that though. The reason Jose lost his marbles was when the board pulled the plug on him and only got him Fred before 18/19. Ideally we should of course had gotten 3 more players this summer, but that did not happen

The squad was in such a dire state that it would always be impossible to address all the issues in one window. The first XI is not half bad and good enough for top 4, but the back ups are far from good enough
I guess no one here is satisfied with the board, but the problem is whether Ole is capable of making use of the limited resources and playing the best out of our current players. Lukalu, Smalling, or even Alexis, are absolutely good enough to be our back ups with appropriate coaching.

I agree that it's impossible to address all the issues in one window, but as I have mentioned above, it's all about priority and urgency. Most of us would agree the midfield has been our weakest link, but Ole chose to spend 80m on a CB which I personally wouldn't consider as a major upgrade. The Brexit FC policy also makes me become worried even if Ole gets the resources, he couldn't spend it wisely.

hmchan

No mate, you speak from your own perception, and that is far far from the truth - but it is ok, i guess. Lot of that going around these days.
But as usual «facts» have little to do with it.
I don’t know where you got a reading from my emotions!? You are welcome to call them ramblings, but my initial post, that you haven’t got a clue stand. I`ll humor you with your «facts», although they don’t have much to do with my response to you.

Fact 1. You sir are correct. They where outside the relegation zone sitting 17 - and falling like a stone. The team was falling apart, and sadly the owner and the manager had a fall out.
If anything, i think Mackay should have had his chance trying to keep them up, but he didn’t. The owner wanted attractive and attacking football, and at the time Ole was touted as the next big thing in Europe. Ole took the job, with reassurance that this was a project and he would get to stay on, even if relegated. After all, the owner thought he had been fraud spending 45 mill on shit. The spine of that team was Marshall, Stephen Caulker, Gary Medel, Aaron Gunnarson, Jordan Mutch and Campbell. The team was proper shit. Although Marshall did amazing in his premier season, he was never to been seen again after he was sold. The same goes for Caulker, Mutch and Campbell. Gunnarson remained, limited footballer as he was «spine» for years to come. Medel jumped ship to bigger and better things, and had a few seasons of good spells.
I could go on - where the rest of that «premier team» ended up, like the 18 year old playing right back from lack of options, but i wont. You wont take anything on board anyway..

Fact 2. No he didn’t. The truth is he lost that pathetic spine of a team, and he had to build a new one. Hindsight show that some went on to better things and where top footballers (Some where even let go for free when Ole left), and some didn’t. But agenda posters (or ignorant and totally clueless) like yourself like to point out that Ole was sacked being 17 in the championship, but fail to say it was after 7 games with a newly composed team. Also, he lost two games - to teams later going into the top 6, and drawing to Wolwes after a late feck up own goal by Mark Hudson. The draw against Blackburn was a fair result in the opening game. That was it.. He didn’t look to shabby at all.. Word in the football community after he was "sacked", was that the owner once again interfered on how to manage, and Ole refused to obey. Therefore he was sacked. The only thing he said on the matter himself was they parted on a difference on philosophy. The truth is he had yet to leash his best players, like Guerra and Burgstaller, Daehlie and Dickagoi. Ohh yes, and i think Kenwyne Jones was suffering from a back problem if i remember correctly. But all players needing to adapt to the championship. Also he just signed Bruno Manga, and I’m not sure he even got to play him before he left.

Fact 3. Ohh dear.. No he didn’t. He signed more than that. Ole is on record saying he needed to keep his (pathetic) spine of a team if he where to challenge for promotion. He couldn’t, as a few of them thought they where premier quality and jumped ship. None of them had any impact and hardly played in the premier league again. So, no. He didn’t sign 10 first teamers.. He signed what ever he could get his hand on, replacing what the club sold. Mind you, he was given a «war chest» of 7,5 millions in the January window trying to keep the club up in premier league. In total he made 17 signings. some where for the future, and some to try replacing his pathetic spine of a team. After all, he had to sell 16 players.

Fact 4. Already went trough this, and if its agenda or it is you not having a clue, i don’t know..

- I got another fact for you though, mate.

Fact 5. Nah, i would just bore your naitivity even more.. But that club was a war zone, and Ole never knew what hit him. There was this crazy owner who thought the keeper should shoot more, and something called the Langston depth. Millions supposedly owed to a former owner and board members. (And a few high profile fans had some stake in it too, one Lebanese ex owner, and ex friend hooligan fan, now living his best life in the sun in Spain - after it was settled) There was a war going on with red against the true color blue, and even people within the club working against the team. I spoke to Steve Borley about it, so i have no doubt it is true. He was a board member by the way. Ole held his own in that madness, he never budged on his principals, even if half the people saying hello every day wanted to stick a knife in his back. We could go on to Fact 6. With the club options he had after. But he chose to stick as a family man after that.. Yes, i am saying he refused a lot of offers throughout Europe prioritizing family.. And to include in Fact 5. He made many mistakes at that club. But who the feck wouldn’t? Most of us would be on medication after that.. Thats the short version of the story..

So no mate. You don’t have a fecking clue on what went on there. And you probably don’t have a clue on what is going on at UTD now. Ole didn’t fail at Cardiff, Cardiff failed him. This clears it up for you!?

And if you think Ole isn’t the man to deal with Woodward after that, after dealing with an even bigger maniac - Rokke at Molde, i don’t know what to tell you. Ole is after all - the only ex UTD speaking out loud against the Glaziers, but i would think you already knew that.

Hope this answers all the band wagoners posting after, as i only have 3 posts every day responding to crap like this..
Thanks for all the information about Cardiff. However all things considered, Ole's experience at Cardiff had been a total failure. Yes, you can make up hundreds of excuses that led to his failure, you can sympathize his failure, but in the end it's still a failure. A failure definitely wouldn't make him "very qualified to handle" a larger club.

1) Every team is falling apart when it sacks a manager in the middle of the season, otherwise the manager wouldn't have to be sacked. Difference is, quality managers turn things around and Ole obviously made things worse. The team certainly wasn't as shitty as you mentioned, and Ole was no one other than a former United legend by then. You accuse others for speaking from own perception, but I don't see "Ole was touted as the next big thing in Europe" as a fact. Fact is, they lost 0:3 to Swansea, 0:4 to Hull, 0:3 to Palace, 0:4 to Sunderland and 0:3 to Newcastle, and these teams definitely didn't have a much better squad than Cardiff. I could go on describing their spines but you won't take anything on board anyway. With these embarassing defeats, I would have thought being frauded by Ole if I were the club owner.

2) Just to remind you like it's the first day you watch football, every relegated side loses its best players when it goes down. Key is to bring in the right players who are suitable for the extreme physicality of Championship. Fulham lose Sessegnon and Seri this season but they manage to do well with loanees like Knockeart and Cavaleiro. West Brom lost Rondon, Chadli, Evans and Foster when they relegated but kept their competitiveness with the likes of Barnes, Holgate etc. Ole proved to be weak in this sense and could only bring in his incapable Norwegian friends. "Some went on to better things and were top footballers", who? You describe Guerra, Burgstaller, Daehli and Dickagoi as his best players, is that a joke? Fact is, with their quality and playstyle, they would never be able to adapt to Championship, that's why they were given up so soon after Ole left.

3) How much you want to spend with a low-table side in the January window? Hodgson took over Palace in 2017 which lost their first four games without scoring a goal, ended up at 11th purchasing only Sorloth (who didn't play much at all). West Ham appointed Moyes in the same year when they were in the relegation zone, finishing at 13th purchasing only Hugill (who also didn't play much at all). Why they could make a difference with little input in the January window but not Ole? Difference in ability I'd say.

I agree that multiple factors led to Ole's failure at Cardiff, but again a failure at a small club cannot justify him to be "very qualified to handle" a larger club.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Those managers had much better squads and were heavily backed in the market. Club are taking a longer term view. I'd expect that to apply to Ole too since most people believe we don't have a squad good enough to get top 4 right now.
We are not good enough to get top 4 because Ole is manager, Sir Alex would have got this lot at least 3rd (if not 2nd with the way City are stuttering)

No mate, you speak from your own perception, and that is far far from the truth - but it is ok, i guess. Lot of that going around these days.
But as usual «facts» have little to do with it.
I don’t know where you got a reading from my emotions!? You are welcome to call them ramblings, but my initial post, that you haven’t got a clue stand. I`ll humor you with your «facts», although they don’t have much to do with my response to you.

Fact 1. You sir are correct. They where outside the relegation zone sitting 17 - and falling like a stone. The team was falling apart, and sadly the owner and the manager had a fall out.
If anything, i think Mackay should have had his chance trying to keep them up, but he didn’t. The owner wanted attractive and attacking football, and at the time Ole was touted as the next big thing in Europe. Ole took the job, with reassurance that this was a project and he would get to stay on, even if relegated. After all, the owner thought he had been fraud spending 45 mill on shit. The spine of that team was Marshall, Stephen Caulker, Gary Medel, Aaron Gunnarson, Jordan Mutch and Campbell. The team was proper shit. Although Marshall did amazing in his premier season, he was never to been seen again after he was sold. The same goes for Caulker, Mutch and Campbell. Gunnarson remained, limited footballer as he was «spine» for years to come. Medel jumped ship to bigger and better things, and had a few seasons of good spells.
I could go on - where the rest of that «premier team» ended up, like the 18 year old playing right back from lack of options, but i wont. You wont take anything on board anyway..

Fact 2. No he didn’t. The truth is he lost that pathetic spine of a team, and he had to build a new one. Hindsight show that some went on to better things and where top footballers (Some where even let go for free when Ole left), and some didn’t. But agenda posters (or ignorant and totally clueless) like yourself like to point out that Ole was sacked being 17 in the championship, but fail to say it was after 7 games with a newly composed team. Also, he lost two games - to teams later going into the top 6, and drawing to Wolwes after a late feck up own goal by Mark Hudson. The draw against Blackburn was a fair result in the opening game. That was it.. He didn’t look to shabby at all.. Word in the football community after he was "sacked", was that the owner once again interfered on how to manage, and Ole refused to obey. Therefore he was sacked. The only thing he said on the matter himself was they parted on a difference on philosophy. The truth is he had yet to leash his best players, like Guerra and Burgstaller, Daehlie and Dickagoi. Ohh yes, and i think Kenwyne Jones was suffering from a back problem if i remember correctly. But all players needing to adapt to the championship. Also he just signed Bruno Manga, and I’m not sure he even got to play him before he left.

Fact 3. Ohh dear.. No he didn’t. He signed more than that. Ole is on record saying he needed to keep his (pathetic) spine of a team if he where to challenge for promotion. He couldn’t, as a few of them thought they where premier quality and jumped ship. None of them had any impact and hardly played in the premier league again. So, no. He didn’t sign 10 first teamers.. He signed what ever he could get his hand on, replacing what the club sold. Mind you, he was given a «war chest» of 7,5 millions in the January window trying to keep the club up in premier league. In total he made 17 signings. some where for the future, and some to try replacing his pathetic spine of a team. After all, he had to sell 16 players.

Fact 4. Already went trough this, and if its agenda or it is you not having a clue, i don’t know..

- I got another fact for you though, mate.

Fact 5. Nah, i would just bore your naitivity even more.. But that club was a war zone, and Ole never knew what hit him. There was this crazy owner who thought the keeper should shoot more, and something called the Langston depth. Millions supposedly owed to a former owner and board members. (And a few high profile fans had some stake in it too, one Lebanese ex owner, and ex friend hooligan fan, now living his best life in the sun in Spain - after it was settled) There was a war going on with red against the true color blue, and even people within the club working against the team. I spoke to Steve Borley about it, so i have no doubt it is true. He was a board member by the way. Ole held his own in that madness, he never budged on his principals, even if half the people saying hello every day wanted to stick a knife in his back. We could go on to Fact 6. With the club options he had after. But he chose to stick as a family man after that.. Yes, i am saying he refused a lot of offers throughout Europe prioritizing family.. And to include in Fact 5. He made many mistakes at that club. But who the feck wouldn’t? Most of us would be on medication after that.. Thats the short version of the story..

So no mate. You don’t have a fecking clue on what went on there. And you probably don’t have a clue on what is going on at UTD now. Ole didn’t fail at Cardiff, Cardiff failed him. This clears it up for you!?

And if you think Ole isn’t the man to deal with Woodward after that, after dealing with an even bigger maniac - Rokke at Molde, i don’t know what to tell you. Ole is after all - the only ex UTD speaking out loud against the Glaziers, but i would think you already knew that.

Hope this answers all the band wagoners posting after, as i only have 3 posts every day responding to crap like this..
Wow!

Do Alan Shearer at Newcastle.

Then Gary Neville at Valencia please.

RUCK4444

ignore these fake in the knows. Conveniently all new members. Check my post above this extracts from article during his time at Cardiff, link to article also provided.
I wasn’t making excuses for Ole just pointing out that no manager would have kept that circus of a club up that season.

Im not a fake itk and neither have I claimed to be, if I wanted to pretend to be an itk it wouldn’t be about Cardiff feckin City :lol:

By the way your link to that article just uses fan quotes, that’s all I’ve done mate, I work with about 20 Cardiff fans, some hate Ole some don’t but almost all of them agree they were going down regardless.

RUCK4444

This is pure sense mate. The Ole Out crew won’t apply the same
Great stuff. But I know a few Cardiff fans too so I ask you. How did Ole coach? How did you feel his team played; his team selections and tactics?

The behind the scenes issues were pretty much public a lot of us noticed you changed from blue to red like a disloyal guy from Compton and there was a lot of politics far worse than we currently had. But it felt more like politics with the board and the fans than an on the pitch issue.
To be honest I’m no expert on Cardiff and Ole’s time there, but my company has had a box there for a long time so I have watched a hell of a lot of games there with customers and what I can tell you is that tumescent, painfully boring football is the ever present.

Granted I have no interest in Cardiff and so spend more time at the bar than watching the games but I genuinely don’t remember ever watching a decent game of football there, it’s like a running joke with the lads in work.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yes it would improve us. Would it mean we play better football though? No!

I’m fed up of people thinking coaching does not matter.
There are many who are equally fed up of people thinking that players do not matter

jamesjimmybyrondean

People that say "Our players are not good enough or injured" as a reason we haven't established an actual style of play that isn't counter attack has been provided evidence by Bielsa, Rose etc that a squad with lesser quality players and money than ours can play good football

People that say "no manager can be successful with this board" makes me wonder, has there ever been a successful manager with a shitty board? A manager that one titles and dominated with a terrible board. I haven't seen any examples of this. Just curious

jamesjimmybyrondean

Then sign Sancho and Saul Niguez and we can start discussion tactics.
So we need two world class players before we can discuss tactics? So if we sign those two and Pogba leaves we'd need another window before we can discuss tactics? I thought what we needed was a preason or maybe 12 months in charge? Turns out its Saul and Sancho. I wonder how Sheffield or Leeds came up with tactics without world class players. A fecking year in charge and we shouldn't worry about tactics on the pitch because we don't have two world class players

Foxbatt

Is there any news of information on Poch's contract deal with Spurs? Can he start working immediately or he has to wait for a certain period?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Is there any news of information on Poch's contract deal with Spurs? Can he start working immediately or he has to wait for a certain period?
If we pay Spurs £12m then he can come in today. The best I can hope for is we've already spoken to him to come in at the end of the season because Ole is going nowhere but he won't be sacked while top 4 is still a possibility.

Foxbatt

If we pay Spurs £12m then he can come in today. The best I can hope for is we've already spoken to him to come in at the end of the season because Ole is going nowhere but he won't be sacked while top 4 is still a possibility.
I am now inclined to believe this more and more because of the lack of signings and support for Ole. If this is so it is a wise and understandable decision not to buy any players in this transfer window. I think even Ole may know this as he is looking more and more miffed at every press conference. Obviously he cannot say anything but if this so is the case someone may have leaked the news? The fact that Poch has not been hired by another club could be this very reason.

Rafaeldagold

To me it boils down to a simple question as surely what every club strives for is to be the best they can be.
Do we have the best manager we could have? No.
He should have gone a long time ago

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I am now inclined to believe this more and more because of the lack of signings and support for Ole. If this is so it is a wise and understandable decision not to buy any players in this transfer window. I think even Ole may know this as he is looking more and more miffed at every press conference. Obviously he cannot say anything but if this so is the case someone may have leaked the news? The fact that Poch has not been hired by another club could be this very reason.
What's worrying me slightly is Oles last presser where he kept mentioning time frames where I actually think he believes he's going to be here in 18 months. Either he hasn't gotten the memo, he's way overly optimistic or he knows his job is safe. I'm hoping it's one of the first 2 because the third option doesn't bare thinking about.

If the club haven't talked to Poch then it would go to show the complete lack of ambition the club really have. He may not be everyones Cup of tea but he would be a massive upgrade on what we have and he's proved he can tow the company line with working with Levy without throwing the club under the bus. What more do United want?

Cockney Phil

I don’t want Ole to get the sack but if he doesn’t resign it will probably happen. True, he’s been starved of resources but his management isn’t working either. It’s like mood swings up and down but the effect is 2 steps forward and 2.2 steps back. It’s slow and residual decline which has killed progress. The future is bleak.

90 + 5min

To me it boils down to a simple question as surely what every club strives for is to be the best they can be.
Do we have the best manager we could have? No.
He should have gone a long time ago
You should not look if we have best manager. You should look if we have right manager to take us forward and even what kind of players do we have.

We had Jose Mourinho and Louis vanGaal. 2 absolut brilliant managers. But they didn't achive that we wanted. A big reason for that is players and that our leading board have gone for different managers all the time, meaning change of systems and completly destabilze the club.

Rafaeldagold

You should not look if we have best manager. You should look if we have right manager to take us forward and even what kind of players do we have.

We had Jose Mourinho and Louis vanGaal. 2 absolut brilliant managers. But they didn't achive that we wanted. A big reason for that is players and that our leading board have gone for different managers all the time, meaning change of systems and completly destabilze the club.
We don’t have the right manager. How blind can you be. He’s terrible

momo83

Massive Snowflake
So let me get this right. Ole got rid of the deadwood, and spent £150m and he still ended up with a worse squad then Mourinho? AND this is the guy you want to trust with even more money and the next 2-3 years of this great club’s future

jamesjimmybyrondean

A big reason for that is players and that our leading board have gone for different managers all the time, meaning change of systems and completly destabilze the club.
More reason why I want Pochettino. Knows to work with young players and improve them which Ole is trying to do, knows how to promote youth which Ole does, knows how to apply a cohesive pressing system which Ole is trying to do, knows how to carry out a rebuild which Ole is trying to do. Pochettino = Ole Mk2

90 + 5min

We don’t have the right manager. How blind can you be. He’s terrible
Can you look at your magic ball and tell me who it is?

Why couldn't Mourinho and vanGaal get this team to a Premier League title? They both are two of the best there was. So if it isn't managers fault. Who's is it?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
There are many who are equally fed up of people thinking that players do not matter
If Klopp flopped at Liverpool 2 years ago. He could very well have said well Mane not good enough, Salah Chelsea reject, I inherited Henderson, we signed a player from Hull, Matip on a free, signed a player that got relegated with Liverpool, who the feck is Milner, Trent just an inexperienced player from a crap academy, got a crap keeper, blah blah

momo83

Massive Snowflake
More reason why I want Pochettino. Knows to work with young players and improve them which Ole is trying to do, knows how to promote youth which Ole does, knows how to apply a cohesive pressing system which Ole is trying to do, knows how to carry out a rebuild which Ole is trying to do. Pochettino = Ole Mk2
Has done and will do what Ole talks about doing.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Can you look at your magic ball and tell me who it is?

Why couldn't Mourinho and vanGaal get this team to a Premier League title? They both are two of the best there was. So if it isn't managers fault. Who's is it?
Just to be sure you're talking about the legendary Mourinho who is currently underperforming with a good Tottenham side and the legendary Van Gaal who retired from coaching after us? We appointed to past it managers and that's a fact. Can't people just accept that we've appointed the wrong manager 4 times. Squad has been crying for a rebuild or overhaul and the smartest choice would be to get a DOF or a manager that has actually carried out a rebuild. Somehow we manage to appoint the most under qualified for the job

Foxbatt

If Klopp flopped at Liverpool 2 years ago. He could very well have said well Mane not good enough, Salah Chelsea reject, I inherited Henderson, we signed a player from Hull, Matip on a free, signed a player that got relegated with Liverpool, who the feck is Milner, Trent just an inexperienced player from a crap academy, got a crap keeper, blah blah
You forget Van Dijk and Wijnaldum. From Southampton and Newcastle.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You forget Van Dijk and Wijnaldum. From Southampton and Newcastle.
Tbf Van Dijk just played for a shit team and at £80m no excuses but credit to Klopp for making him even better. Winaldun hahaha was the relegation guy I was talking about but couldn’t spell his name :lol:

Edit: hahaha, appears I still can’t even after you literally spelt it out for me:D

AC1689

So in 21 games we have acquired 31 points.

If for the rest of the season we maintain that form, we would finish on 56 points. That’s 2 points less than Liverpool are on right now, after they’ve played only 20 games.

And people are still defending this guy?!

So just to reiterate that point, say we continue on the same form, and Liverpool lose the next 18 games, then Liverpool would still finish 2 points ahead of us.

lysglimt

Scout

If for the rest of the season we maintain that form, we would finish on 56 points. That’s 2 points less than Liverpool are on right now, after they’ve played only 20 games.

So just to reiterate that point, say we continue on the same form, and Liverpool lose the next 18 games, then Liverpool would still finish 2 points ahead of us.
Yup - still defending him

Eriku

We’re right behind Lampard and Chelsea, should they be thinking of sacking him?

We’re ahead of Tottenham, who fired Pochettino for his lack of points this sesson. Should we spring for him?

Your analysis is superficial. Unless you reckon Poch and Lamps also deserve to be called out for being shit?

lsd

The Oracle

Moan moan moan :rolleyes:

You would have to be blind not to see in the past month or so we are starting to play like a proper team and finally moving in the right direction

hobbers

You would have to be blind not to see in the past month or so we are starting to play like a proper team and finally moving in the right direction
...?

In the past month we've played Everton, Watford, Arsenal, City and Wolves, and in exactly zero of those matches did we look anything even remotely resembling a proper team.

Oh no, that's right, we put 4 past Newcastle and Norwich. I guess 2 out of 7 ain't bad?

Alabaster Codify7

Glad to see the poll hasn't really moved. Ole did a job today but hammering Norwich shouldn't be a 'game-changing' performance for anyone, when we have such seious tests coming up. Definitely a step in the right direction, but let's see how we get on.

Zen86

no tactics, cardiff failure, pochettino, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.