Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
At the end of the day if the club foresaw what we're seeing right now but are backing Ole regardless then we as supporters have to stick by him also

If the club however didn't expect things to get this bad then yes obviously they'll sack him and as above supporters just have to deal with that as well

Given we sacked 3 managers post Fergie already and achieved very little by doing so I don't understand how anyone can 'want' another one sacked as surely it's proven it won't ultimately change things?
The next sack will always be the sure shot

Slevs

likes to play with penises
To have a chance for NOT seeing Lingard, Young, Matic starting games for this club. To stop playing Pogba as a DM.i

All the above is pointless and will never yield results. We need a manager who is not blind - is it such a big ask already?
Okay, can you come up with a formation for this current squad with the injuries etc that doesn't include the players you mentioned above?

ottosec

Sack him. If we learned something from last season, it's that Ole is not capable of turning around a bad streak.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He won't be sacked. He's doing exactly what he's been asked to do. Rebuild the team from back to front a over the next 3 years.

Woodward has made a statement only this week making their support for Ole very clear.

Whether you like it or not, he's going nowhere for the foreseeable future. He could lose the next 5 in a row and they won't sack him. The owners made a decision that he is their man. He'll be here next season as well.

Classical Mechanic

It’s difficult we’re still 3 points off 4th so it would be harsh but Ole is pretty much the worst manager in this league based on his CV and no other PL side would have hired him I don’t think. He just shouldn’t be managing this club.

izec

He won't be sacked. He's doing exactly what he's been asked to do. Rebuild the team from back to front a over the next 3 years.

Woodward has made a statement only this week making their support for Ole very clear.

Whether you like it or not, he's going nowhere for the foreseeable future. He could lose the next 5 in a row and they won't sack him. The owners made a decision that he is their man. He'll be here next season as well.
I agree, he will be here, unless we get relegated. My opinion stands, we will sack him next season around Christmas, i guess the club doesnt care for this season, but next year the top 4 should be the aim. If we are way off it next season in winter, he will get the sack. That would be 2 years for him, plenty of time to do something. So far he hasnt done much

SteveW

Okay, can you come up with a formation for this current squad with the injuries etc that doesn't include the players you mentioned above?
Why would somebody let that get in the way of a mindless rant?

ArjenIsM3

Why?

He's simply not good enough to manage at this level. Just look at the teams above us in the league. You think all of them are that much better than us?
I've said at the start of the season we've maybe the 6th best squad in the league. With the injuries we've had I don't find it strange that we're in the position we're in. So no, I don't think Palace, West Ham and Bournemouth have a better squad if everyone's fit. But they're not. We're missing half our first eleven.

KristianMackle

Hard to say when he didnt get all the players he wanted but then stubbornly refused to buy a striker because Greenwood.

NJM78

Great plan...Be shit Ole, see if you can be worse than Moyes, why not get us into a relegation battle whilst you are at it, let's also keep playing Rashford up front even though he couldn't hit water from a boat. Maybe we can fail to win away from home for at least 6 more months... It's all good, keep it up, we trust you, your job is bulletproof.

Betson

Keep , I think people are really underestimating the poor quality squad he has inherited , no manger in the world could make this squad competitive in only one transfer window.

We can't keep sacking managers and going back to square one , time to stick now and give him more time. His first transfer window was decent in the players he brought in , he needs the chance of at least another two windows and be judged then.

There is no quick fix here , it is criminal that we have let the squad quality fall so low for such a big club but that is not on Ole.

Heinzesight

Keep.

I know he’s only just gone to Leipzig but if Nagelsmann became available then I’d sign him up and put Ole in as DoF.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
It wouldn't surprise me if he's not good enough to get us what we want - play well, win the biggest trophies, bring through United academy products

I think based on what he's done so far, and given his approach as well as the injuries etc, I'd like to give him more time. I don't think we know enough to say he's the right or wrong man and that will only come with time and letting him shape the squad in his image. If we don't show more in terms of winning games we *should* win, though, I can't see how he survives the season. We are dropping too many easy points and overall, we haven't looked in those matches like we were hard done by or deserved more. That's an obvious thing that needs to be correct ASAP and if it's not, we can't afford to keep him because it would reveal just how tactically limited he is.

GaryLifo

I agree, he will be here, unless we get relegated. My opinion stands, we will sack him next season around Christmas, i guess the club doesnt care for this season, but next year the top 4 should be the aim. If we are way off it next season in winter, he will get the sack. That would be 2 years for him, plenty of time to do something. So far he hasnt done much
Or, by next Christmas with perhaps 4 or 5 new players, 2 in January 2020, 3 in summer 2020, we might actually have a competitive first 11.

His main saving grace at present is that all 3 of his signings are of the required quality.

Alemar

For sure. We don’t need those players at all.

——————de Gea————————
Tuanzebe——Lindelof—-Maguire—-Williams
———McTominay—-Fred—————
Pereira———Pogba————James
——————-Greenwood————-

We will also have a decent bench of Romero, Rashford (may be used instead of Pereira on the right, even as a starter - just not as a CF), Gomes, Garner, Rojo, Mata (sometimes may be useful as a substitute - but never as a starter). One last spot on the bench is up for grabs (Jones for numbers, Chong for numbers, or some of the youngsters). Gomes is also injured? Ok, put Hannibal or Levytt there on the bench, both can certainly handle 10 odd minutes off the bench here and there.

Then again all the above is for the situation when Martial, AWB and Shaw are injured. Add those three in and there are no problems whatsoever actually.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Sack. Yeah I get that he inherited a shit squad from that cnut Woodward and has injuries but there’s no excuse for the absolute cluelessness on the pitch. And the fact that we still persist with awful players like Lingard at 10 when we have Pogba. Or using Matic. When teams like Norwich play with conviction using lesser players and resources, then you know this is a managerial problem. At the same time, we need to sack at least half the team. There is a mental rot in there and we need to kill it off before it spreads to the younger players.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Don’t think he is the man in the long run - but him getting sacked will change very little, as our squad just isn’t big or good enough - plus the true issues lie at board level.

Tahith Chong on the Bong

Sack him for who is the question. Anyone saying Giggs can do one. Giggs is less likable than Ole but with the same sort or record.

RedB4ndiT

Keep in the short term. I don't expect him to last more than 3 years.

Who are we going to replace him with? All the good managers are taken already. Only Mourinho's left as well as Wenger and both of those have outdated football philosophies. Let's keep him until we get an up-and-coming modern manager like Nagelsmann or something.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
For sure. We don’t need those players at all.

——————de Gea————————
Tuanzebe——Lindelof—-Maguire—-Williams
———McTominay—-Fred—————
Pereira———Pogba————James
——————-Greenwood————-

We will also have a decent bench of Romero, Rashford (may be used instead of Pereira on the right, even as a starter - just not as a CF), Gomes, Garner, Rojo, Mata (sometimes may be useful as a substitute - but never as a starter). One last spot on the bench is up for grabs (Jones for numbers, Chong for numbers, or some of the youngsters). Gomes is also injures? Ok, put Hannibal or Levytt there on the bench.

Then again all the above is for the situation when Martial, AWB and Shaw are injured. Add those three in and there are no problems whatsoever actually.
Greenwood played 90 minutes in the Europa, I don't think he's ready for a start against Arsenal of all teams. You'd really play Williams in a game like this?
I agree regarding Gomes, he needs to play more, but I think the club have taken a stance with regards to his contract running out.

GaryLifo

Great plan...Be shit Ole, see if you can be worse than Moyes, why not get us into a relegation battle whilst you are at it, let's also keep playing Rashford up front even though he couldn't hit water from a boat. Maybe we can fail to win away from home for at least 6 more months... It's all good, keep it up, we trust you, your job is bulletproof.
But this is just your short term, and somewhat petulant, view because United aren't doing so well.

It's not a plan to be shit. It's more the case that they're prepared for medium term iffy results in the hope that they have the right man in the long term. The only game we've deserved to lose this season was west ham. We deserved to win tonight just about and should have beaten wolves and Southampton.

tomaldinho1

Also worth pointing out that Chelsea are probably the most successful PL team of the last decade and they basically sack a manager every season or so. It's not the end of the world to let people go, it's about finding the right one and it might take some time. We will always be able to attract managers here, why waste time on something that is almost certain to fail.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I've said at the start of the season we've maybe the 6th best squad in the league. With the injuries we've had I don't find it strange that we're in the position we're in. So no, I don't think Palace, West Ham and Bournemouth have a better squad if everyone's fit. But they're not. We're missing half our first eleven.
You're also forgetting the part where we're being managed by someone who has no idea what he's doing.

acnumber9

Just sacking the manager isn’t going to solve our problems the same way sacking the last one wasn’t the answer to all our problems.

Alemar

You'd really play Williams in a game like this?
Instead of Ashley “the Captain” Young? Yes. Definitely. And with even more certainty I would have never included Lingard or Matic in the match day squad (in their current form they can’t be referred to as “footballers”).

Chipper

Adulterer.
I feel apathetic, like it doesn't really matter.

We're sacking him one day and I don't have faith that we'll achieve anything with him. Just sitting around waiting for it to happen. Might be sooner, might be later. I've given up. Should it be now? Well we're not doing anything this season whether we do or we don't and I don't know who else there is.

Suppose if we did it would give the new manager time to figure out what he wants going forward but meh.

fergiesarmy1

Sack him for who is the question. Anyone saying Giggs can do one. Giggs is less likable than Ole but with the same sort or record.
Show some respect to legends please, I see so many defending the likes of Pogba yet are willing to throw legends like Ole and Giggs to the wolves when they have been absolute heroes to this club.

The Firestarter

Who is available to replace him right now? Carrick? Better find a replacement and sack him in December, so the new guy can have the January window.

Alemar

Greenwood played 90 minutes in the Europa, I don't think he's ready for a start against Arsenal of all teams.
But Arsenal’s 17 year old Saka somehow is ready - though Greenwood has several times more talent. Some managers are not cowards, some others are - that’s the difference.

Someone

Something
Most, if not all european top clubs wouldn't put up with this kind of form.

I'd say give him a chance, but in the modern era you rarely see managers bouncing back from this, mainly because players tend to give up when they feel their manager is under pressure.

Doesn't matter what we think anyway, he'll be sacked by Christmas.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I suspect they probably will sack him after a while. Because that really worked the other three times

Status
Not open for further replies.