Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

Honestly, posts like these can feck right off. If you want to make a reasonable argument and discuss, go ahead.

But this bullying tactic of some people on here is just disgraceful. First guy actually tried making some valid points but only after telling me what I am really thinking.

It's not about this one-off win. We lack a style of play that we can employ to dominate and get results long-term. We change formation more often than a diva changes her outfits and generally do not play the youth.

These criticisms are not about the short-term. They're about the fact that if we keep OGS, we won't be competing for the league any time soon. I won't even mention the CL.
10 games without a loss, 2 goals conceded in that time.

Changes formation more often than a diva or changes to suit the game? Where is the issue?

One of the youngest squads on average with a highest of 25.3 I believe it was.

Foxbatt

Today is not the day to criticise Ole. He got spot on but now let's see what happens in our other games. We have to win those games. It's not good enough to beat City and lose against lesser teams.

Kopral Jono

In the long run maybe - but here and now ? What do you think would happen in the summer if OGS is sacked ? What effect do you think that would have on the players who work their socks off for him, and what effect do you Think it will have on the fans who are happy with him (and they are growing in numbers quickly)
The likes of Rashford and Bailly worked their socks off playing under Mourinho and are now working their socks off playing under Ole, they'd continue to be working their socks off playing under a new manager as long as they're getting paid well -- they'd adapt, because at the end of the day they're professional footballers who are just doing their job.

The fans who are happy with him would whinge and grumble for a few months and form a fan club, so to speak, just like those deluded Mourinho fanboys did on Twitter after he got sacked, but it wouldn't last long.

I guess I'm a pragmatist when it comes to these things.

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
This is pathetic. His points are more than valid and well-reasoned.

The desire to believe OGS is some kind of coaching guru because he parks the bus and relies on a new brilliant addition such as Bruno to win him games is frankly delusional.

This sort of style of play may be acceptable for a relegation fodder team but Manchester fecking United should not be parking the bus at home, no matter how effective it looks in hindsight. On another day, they score first and we get a repeat of the Carabao Cup semi-final.

Once again, I am happy we won today but if Mourinho employed this small-time tactical approach most of you would be falling over yourselves asking for the sack. And you'd be right, so what the feck is with this blind love?
Even Fergie knew when to play tight and counter and when to be more expansive and it's not like we've played this way every week for the past few weeks is it? We've played with 3 at the back, 4 at the back, 3 up top, 2 up top. Ole is a more adaptable manager than he gets credit for and, well, we won the derby and took 6 points off City this season, so most fans will find that alone enough to be satisfied.

Maybe you need to question why you haven't noticed any of this?

Mercurial

Gotta hand it to Ole! What he lacks in tactical expertise, he more than well make up for in the human side of the game! You can tell he instilled fire into the team!! Will be interesting to see how far he can take us!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Pochettino could never get results against the big boys like Ole does.

And we're developing enough quality that the low block teams might not be such an issue. Obviously we've got the run in to determine that with lots of lower placed teams but let's just see how we go.

Nights like tonight aren't even rare now, we all try and play down our chances in the big games but I'm starting to get carried away.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

The desire to believe OGS is some kind of coaching guru because he parks the bus and relies on a new brilliant addition such as Bruno to win him games is frankly delusional.

This sort of style of play may be acceptable for a relegation fodder team but Manchester fecking United should not be parking the bus at home, no matter how effective it looks in hindsight. On another day, they score first and we get a repeat of the Carabao Cup semi-final.

Once again, I am happy we won today but if Mourinho employed this small-time tactical approach most of you would be falling over yourselves asking for the sack. And you'd be right, so what the feck is with this blind love?
Mourinho employs the smallest of small time approaches though. If you can't see the difference between how we played tonight (or have in other big matches) and how Mourinho parks the bus and quite literally only attacks once in a game if we're lucky then you shouldn't be watching football because it's not for you.

There's no point and never has been any point trying to go toe to toe with a Pep team for possession so you always look to press when needed and stay compact then spring, every opportunity you get on the counter before they get set and exploit their weaknesses.

Jose never bothered the second part and also never sets his teams up to press, only contain and hope for the best.

Tonight was more reminiscent of 2008 against Barcelona which SAF masterminded. Not as hemmed in as we were that night either until the end.

Withnail

No true at all re. Matic Steve, Matic played in the vast majority of the run that got Ole the job, even playing through injury (confirmed by Ole), then got injured. Had a couple of shite games after returning from injury and actually played in only 3 of those shit last 9 games where we won just 1.

He was somewhat frozen out this season, I argued for a while it was naive and unnecessary so let's not rewrite history. Ole and the management team noticing a mistake is good management, it should be lauded. When did Mourinho last admit he was wrong?
You mean when was the first time? :lol:

chickensgowoof

I've always said that Ole feels like one of the fans running the team...

We all hated Fallaini & Sanchez ...Ole got rid.
We moaned that we needed a good CB, RB, Creative C and better LB option than Shaw, Ole sorted that,
Lingard & Jones have been gash, they are now backup players. Its like he sees what we all see, and what we've all been moaning about for ages, unlike previous managers.

Add to that the way he has turned round Fred & Matic, he deserves another transfer window.

Get him Sancho & a quality striker and we will be up there.

Voted to give him more time. Never changed

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't want to do another massive quote, so will just write it like this.

Don't get me wrong, changing formation is a hallmark of a good manager. But having NO consistent style of football for me is just as bad.

When OGS had that amazing spell at the beginning (before becoming permanent), he was using 4-3-3 most of the time but he also changed it up a few times (I think vs Chelsea in the FA cup away) and got the result. He also went 4-4-2 against PSG away.

So I was hopeful but I have been consistently disappointed with what I see is a lack of vision. He may not have had the players but you can see how managers like Pep and Klopp want to play, even when their teams were subpar. Again, Pep has been accussed of being too set in his ways (and I don't really love how City play tbh), so it's about balance.

The other thing people are missing here is that Citeh were not THAT good and have not been at all this year. They are now averaging less than 2 points per game, which in the past was usually insufficient for top 4.

So you have to take it all in context. Next year, some of our rivals are likely to be back to their normal form of >2 points/game and we might struggle for top 4 and this is fundamentally what I am looking at. I don't think long-term we'll be consistent under this manager.

I would love to be proven wrong but I am not optimistic.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Beaten Chelsea 3 times this season
Beaten City 3 times this season

Say what you like about him, that takes some doing.

AaronRedDevil

Last 10 matches, unbeaten, 24 goals scored, 8 clean sheets, 7 wins, 2 goals conceded, 1st PL double against city since 2009-10, 1st points in 4 home PL games vs man city under PEP, 3 successive home clean sheets in PL for , 1st time since Dec 2017 - Feb 2018. And you're still ole out? Ole is not responsible for any wins at United,he’s responsible for the loses only.

mu4c_20le

Beaten Chelsea 3 times this season
Beaten City 3 times this season

Say what you like about him, that takes some doing.
And once each without Rashford. Whoever says he is worse than Moyes again can feck right off. This has bought him until at least the summer, where we can re-evaluate.

Foxbatt

I have been an Ole out and still do not think he is good enough to win the PL or the CL but today is not the day to go after him. Today he got everything spot on. The opposition is as good as you let them be good. Today the tactics were spot on and Raheem Sterling was in AWB's pocket for the whole 90 mins. Matic was brilliant in midfield and so was Lindelof in defence and Fred was not human. Martial defended and attacked well and Shaw was outstanding and James ran his heart out. The others had their normal brilliant game.
Now we need to play like this in every game and see how it goes.
What was the difference? Bruno Fernandes and the belief that we can beat anyone. I still am not happy with the corners with Ole but I hope he varies it soon and we get more options. Today full credit to him and the coaching staff for this fantastic win.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Another amazing result and great performance, there is still that tangible spirit.

I didnt really care for some of our other wins over top tier opposition which truly were reprehensible smash n grab type affairs.

This one was different though, The possession stats are skewed because we let City have the ball in the second half, which tbf why shouldn't we at 1-0 up. In the first half however there were times we were putting City to the sword, camped around their box, probing. Not just waiting for a mistake high up the field like in previous wins and pouncing. We look like we have a serious midfield and look a bona fide top 4 force or higher atm. Great to see, I think we will continue to dominate in matches, a bit more each time. Just as a little reminder though, Fred and Matic were standout performers again today, and were definitely on that infamous 'deadwood' list til very recently, along with Martial.

RedIan

In or out, ole is going no where now. I’d love to see him succeed here. He cares passionately about this club.

Footyislife

Last 10 matches, unbeaten, 24 goals scored, 8 clean sheets, 7 wins, 2 goals conceded, 1st PL double against city since 2009-10, 1st points in 4 home PL games vs man city under PEP, 3 successive home clean sheets in PL for , 1st time since Dec 2017 - Feb 2018. And you're still ole out? Ole is not responsible for any wins at United,he’s responsible for the loses only.
Let's not go crazy in our judgements when our team is on a good or bad run. Ole has had terrible moments and great moments.

But I'd rather have a coach that can consistently get us top 3 or win a title rather than one who beats City 3 times.

The issue with Ole has been our struggle to score consistently against all teams. Sure we do well against the top sides by playing a lethal counter attacking style, but against bottom teams who defend we struggle to score. In that regard nothing has changed.

Since we can't hire Poch till the summer anyways, my stance has always been give him until the end of the year, but if he fails to get top 4 or win the EL bring in Poch.

crossy1686

career ending
Gotta hand it to Ole! What he lacks in tactical expertise, he more than well make up for in the human side of the game! You can tell he instilled fire into the team!! Will be interesting to see how far he can take us!
He got his tactics spot on today. What does that say about Pep's tactical expertise? Is he worse than Ole?

Cloud7

I still don’t think that he’ll ever really be good enough to win us the big trophies, but if the form we’ve shown in the last 10 games or so continues for the rest of the season it will be hard to make a case for him to be replaced really.

That being said, I would absolutely love if it this form actually does continue and it turns out to be more than another false dawn.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Another embarrassing opinion.

Kag

There’s a particular stupidity surrounding the people that look at today’s tactical approach and think: Mourinho.

There’s a world of difference between the approach today and the kind of defeatist approach Mourinho uses in these matches. We pressed high up the pitch. We created chances. We had shots on goal. We passed the ball through midfield when sensible to do so. Yes, we defended like dogs for much of the second half; however, we were up against the best possession team in world football.

Honestly, wise the feck up or take up tiddlywinks.

Zen86

Some of the moronic Ole-outers are cracking up I see, clutching at straws to undermine what we’re doing in any way they can.

Winrar

I admit I had given up on Ole after our 2-0 away loss to Arsenal where we looked like we are going absolutely nowhere.

I'm not getting too excited right now given the past "false dawns" we had, but for once it seems like we might be going in the right direction with signing of Bruno and resurgence of Fred, for example. Still got ways to go, but I hope my doubt continues to be proven wrong.

Mainoldo

I admit I had given up on Ole after our 2-0 away loss to Arsenal where we looked like we are going absolutely nowhere.

I'm not getting too excited right now given the past "false dawns" we had, but for once it seems like we might be going in the right direction with signing of Bruno and resurgence of Fred, for example. Still got ways to go, but I hope my doubt continues to be proven wrong.
Wait tell Pogba’s back... I reckon he’ll deliver us top 4. Well I hope!

ReddBalls

The issue with Ole has been our struggle to score consistently against all teams. Sure we do well against the top sides by playing a lethal counter attacking style, but against bottom teams who defend we struggle to score. In that regard nothing has changed.
I take it you have been taking a break from football the last couple of months?

Tranmere 6-0, Watford 3-0, Brugge 5-0, Derby 3-0.

theklr

Even though I actually can believe the state of this thread today, it's still incredible.

As it stands we could still potentially have (hypothetically combinations of)

Top 4
Europa league win/ semi final
Fa Cup win /semi final
League Cup semi final

If he gets top 4 and a trophy its a fantastic season from where we were December 2018
Could also be top 6 and no finals.

Dont get me wrong, its a massive result and things are definately looking up, but we have had plenty false dawns before.

I really hope (and believe) this one will be different.

Tel074

It's nothing to do with blind love but your comments are just ridiculous like a load of others on here who seem to have a blind hatred for Ole.
Man City do that to most teams they play against . Do you not remember Ferguson's tactics against Barcelona in 08 or have you decided to believe we always played flowing football under Fergie .
Ole is doing a decent job no matter what people on here try to claim and if the majority of these fans went to games they would soon get a different perspective to what is spouted on here .
United's fans are behind Ole because we can see something behind built so you can stick to crying on here and I will go support my team .

Foxbatt

Yes we had false dawns but I feel the players now know that we can beat any team. It is stupid to go toe to toe with City. We lost to Barca in the first final because SAF got it tactically wrong. Today Ole got it right. We pressed when we can and we fell back when we had to. Yes we could have and should have kept the ball better and we could have been 3-0 up by halft time too if James and Martial had just made the right decision.
The next step is to win the rest of the matches and also beating Jose. It is going to be a tough game because Jose is not going to attack anyway so the onus is on United to do the attacking. I hope Pogba is fit by then. We should be playing a back three as we are more dangerous this way as we can also attack and defend better.

the chameleon

anyone who still thinks ole should be sacked is a complete and total gowl
He should still be upgraded. He’s not going to win us a title. He’s definitely not taking us back. But there are many flaws in his in game tactics. He doesn’t use subs till late in a game.

Anyone who thinks Ole can win us a title and champions league is a gowl.

izec

If we keep a similar run of form until the summer and reach the CL, we will have to give him another season. I hope we don't show weakness now and have a strong end to the season. Silverware would be awesome as well

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Another embarrassing opinion.
I addressed foolish posts like this one above. Go and read and maybe try writing more than your pathetic one-liner bullshit.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Let's all Unite and will the team to get top 4. This win against City was huge and now we have a real chance to make it into the UCL. So I'm hoping we put our differences aside until the end of the season and support the whole team to get either 3rd/4th.
Agreed. All this in-fighting is so childish but that seems to be the way 21st century ‘support’ is going unfortunately.

The atmosphere was great today so I am thankful to Ole for giving us some hope back at least.

90 + 5min

No time for being rude to eachother. Win or lose we should be nice when we are discusing.

Today alone is not the day that should show people that we are on right way. Even if we lost I think there are lots of signs that we are taking steps forward. One step at the time.

RyRy11

If we can get a decent attacking mid and right winger in the summer I'd be happy to see where we end up at the end of next season. Ole has to cement us in Champions League positions by that point.

ThinkTank@Cafe

There’s a particular stupidity surrounding the people that look at today’s tactical approach and think: Mourinho.

There’s a world of difference between the approach today and the kind of defeatist approach Mourinho uses in these matches. We pressed high up the pitch. We created chances. We had shots on goal. We passed the ball through midfield when sensible to do so. Yes, we defended like dogs for much of the second half; however, we were up against the best possession team in world football.

Honestly, wise the feck up or take up tiddlywinks.
so true. City lost because we forced them to concede. Level and quality of pressing was insane. They couldn’t pass through. They relied on Sterling talent to do unexpected but AWB minimized threat. Things got worse when Mahrez came on but Ole countered that.

Mourinho never set the team to press that high. Another amazing thing is how our players use pressing.I mean timing and length. Ole is well aware that pressing has a cost (fatigues and inevitable errors leading to “caught out of position“ situation) and uses it as a tactical resource sparingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.