Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fergosaurus

Changed to let him finish the season and then reassess. If we finish 4th or 5th (provided we still show good form, not turn into bottlers) then I'd like to see him get another transfer window and see how the rebuild progresses.

Keefy18

Results have been good but people forget we’ve played Derby, Tranmere, Watford, Brugge, Burnley, an inconsistent Chelsea and a City that didn’t risk De Bruyne. Great win vs City, great first half. What but still no style of play. Everything is quite basic and predictable
Well that factually isn't true, we played counter attacking football.

No team takes on City in a possession v possession set up, it'd be idiotic to attempt it.

We mix a style of high press with counter attacking football.

It's feckin hilarious to read sentiments like this in the last 24 hours, I mean...when LVG was here and we had 65-70% of the possession and done the square root of sweet fa with it folks said it was boring, pointless and we were going back to the dark ages.

City do it yesterday and we were supposedly played off the park, we've no identity blah blah blah..

The negativity and finding reason to piss, moan an bitch is beyond mind numbing boring.

rotherham_red

Results have been good but people forget we’ve played Derby, Tranmere, Watford, Brugge, Burnley, an inconsistent Chelsea and a City that didn’t risk De Bruyne. Great win vs City, great first half. What but still no style of play. Everything is quite basic and predictable
I thought the issue was that he couldn't beat the poor teams? Now you're talking about this run we're on not being great cos it has poor teams in it?

It genuinely doesn't make sense. Also, City won the league with KDB as a passenger last season. He was also available the last time we beat them, and was also there when we beat them in December.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well, that's a load of bollocks.

Jose was barely average in his top 4-6 record (decent at home, but still lost his fair share even there, and more often than not drew, rather than won away, and actually was on the receiving end of some embarrassingly poor results and performances - 4-0 at SB, 2-0 v Spurs, anyone?). Moyes was a disaster, as we well know.

LvG is the only one who you could compare to Ole's record, but considering who he was up against in a managerial sense and the calibre of teams that were around, his record isn't as strong as Ole's.
Not sure why are you bringing Moyes or LVG or Jose when we are talking about Ole.

Keefy18

I thought the issue was that he couldn't beat the poor teams? Now you're talking about this run we're on not being great cos it has poor teams in it?

It genuinely doesn't make sense. Also, City won the league with KDB as a passenger last season. He was also available the last time we beat them, and was also there when we beat them in December.
The term clutching at straws comes to mind RR.

Our supporters are never happy! They absolutely must find constant negatives at all times to fault the club, its players, the manager and owners.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Well that factually isn't true, we played counter attacking football.

No team takes on City in a possession v possession set up, it'd be idiotic to attempt it.

We mix a style of high press with counter attacking football.

It's feckin hilarious to read sentiments like this in the last 24 hours, I mean...when LVG was here and we had 65-70% of the possession and done the square root of sweet fa with it folks said it was boring, pointless and we were going back to the dark ages.

City do it yesterday and we were supposedly played off the park, we've no identity blah blah blah..

The negativity and finding reason to piss, moan an bitch is beyond mind numbing boring.
actually the pissing and moaning is coming from you. Im making a point that I’d expect people that don’t agree with to respond with discussion and their reasoned points.

Keefy18

actually the pissing and moaning is coming from you. Im making a point that I’d expect people that don’t agree with to respond with discussion and their reasoned points.
You obviously missed the "reasoned point" of the fact we played with a counter attacking playing style. :smirk:

That's a playing style, which you stated we had none and isn't acceptable.

And as Rotherham Red also points out... One minute were apparently sh*t cause we can't beat the smaller teams and only the bigger teams...now we go on a 10 game run where both big and smaller clubs are beaten and that too isn't good enough.

rotherham_red

Not sure why are you bringing Moyes or LVG or Jose when we are talking about Ole.
You said that the results against the big teams was never our problem. I thought you meant as if it hasn't been a problem for the club generally, but now can see you only meant it during Ole's time. As you were.

rotherham_red

The term clutching at straws comes to mind RR.

Our supporters are never happy! They absolutely must find constant negatives at all times to fault the club, its players, the manager and owners.
Honestly, this forum has gone to the dogs. The quality of poster has seriously regressed. I was there at OT yesterday and it was by far the best atmosphere I've experienced at the ground. Everyone was willing the team on, everyone was fully behind Ole. There was a legit connection between the fans and the players.

The polar opposite to the shit heap that is this fecking thread.

Inter Yer Nan

I'm still where I was months ago. I always felt keep him until the end of the season as he's done certain things well and it's important for stability. He definitely has helped create a better atmosphere, he has signed well and seems to know the right profile for players and he's implemented the young players well which shows he is a good judge of character and talent. I do not believe he is astute enough tactically nor am I sure he has a clear defined style apart from helping us become more of a pressing unit. If we secure top 4 and win a trophy it would appear incredibly harsh to hand the reigns over to somebody else as he has made improvements. Maybe if he accomplishes that then he has earned the right to keep the job and if he buys well again then fair enough.

wolvored

I'm sticking to let's see where we are end of the season. He has bigged up bruno saying this is a utd player etc. If this was the case why didnt he bring him in in the summer? Bruno has improved us no end and we do look a more determined team. 10 without loss proves this and we are 3 points off 4th but a loss or 2 could put us back down to 8th. Let's see how we finish the season first

Alabaster Codify7

I'm sticking to let's see where we are end of the season. He has bigged up bruno saying this is a utd player etc. If this was the case why didnt he bring him in in the summer? Bruno has improved us no end and we do look a more determined team. 10 without loss proves this and we are 3 points off 4th but a loss or 2 could put us back down to 8th. Let's see how we finish the season first
Simple. Forget his comments defending the board, he didn't have the money. That's the reason the Maguire deal happened immediately when Lukaku was sold - it was like for like. We needed the Lukaku sale to fund Maguire - there was nothing left in his kitty, regardless of his comments. Woodward could see our season was heading down the toilet again so agreed to release the money in January, it's that simple and clear to see.

Keefy18

Honestly, this forum has gone to the dogs. The quality of poster has seriously regressed. I was there at OT yesterday and it was by far the best atmosphere I've experienced at the ground. Everyone was willing the team on, everyone was fully behind Ole. There was a legit connection between the fans and the players.

Absolutely agree!

To read around on social media the last few months you'd swear it was absolutely unanimous that Ole must go, but anyone listening to the match going reds can hear them still sing his name.

This is absolutely, unquestionably the most positive I've felt about United in the post Fergie era!

theklr

Simple. Forget his comments defending the board, he didn't have the money. That's the reason the Maguire deal happened immediately when Lukaku was sold - it was like for like. We needed the Lukaku sale to fund Maguire - there was nothing left in his kitty, regardless of his comments. Woodward could see our season was heading down the toilet again so agreed to release the money in January, it's that simple and clear to see.
Dont think thats true, United had £300 million in cash in the summer , before the Lukaku sale.

They wanted to swap Lukaku for Dybala when Maguire was well underway.

The reason they didnt buy Fernandes in the summer was because they thought Pogba was going to play for them.

At least this is what Duncan Ferguson have been reporting.

Lentwood

Until recently you had to get ten 'likes' from the Mods. before you where able to post on the main forums.

This meant the quality of discussion was much higher. The problem is now, most of the 'good' posters stay away because most of the quality conversation and reasoned argument is disappearing also

Just for purposes of staying on topic.....Ole is doing a fantastic job and should be backed 100%

Witchking

United needs to finish strongly. I have changed my vote from sack to keep him at the helm. But yesterday's match again should not be like the Paris one where the team just shuts off and keep living though that game for months.

A top 4 with FA cup or the Europa would be a great finish after such a bad first half.

Even if there are no trophies, the players need to show on the field that there's visible improvement.

There are still many doubters including me, if Ole has the capacity win the league with United in the next couple of years. For which of course he needs to be backed to the hilt.

Hope he prevails.

laughtersassassin

Get CL and I will hold my hands up and say he has earned another summer to build his team.

Then next season we must be back to judging him by Manchester United standards.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You obviously missed the "reasoned point" of the fact we played with a counter attacking playing style. :smirk:

That's a playing style, which you stated we had none and isn't acceptable.

And as Rotherham Red also points out... One minute were apparently sh*t cause we can't beat the smaller teams and only the bigger teams...now we go on a 10 game run where both big and smaller clubs are beaten and that too isn't good enough.
Seriously, you really think beating Derby and Tramere is a measure of progress? We struggled to a draw vs Everton and Wolves... the run isn’t the corner turned people think it is.... I hope I’m wrong.

Flexdegea

Again, it's a great win, as I've said more times now than any of the 'Ole In' lot (funny that)...

But, for me, against a flat City side, 28% possession at home is a poor stat when looking at the bigger picture.

We scored from a set piece that was questionable - another day it's drab 0-0.

The reason why the 28% possession is noteworthy is because it's that fact that's seen why this Utd side can't finish off crapper teams so many times.

Counter attacking footy with quality players will get you a handful of 'big wins' every season, but you won't be winning the big prizes with footy like that. And to me, that's Ole's biggest problem as a coach now.

Absolute nonsense post.

You must think we have one of the best teams about and can go out and dominant the ball against city who have the better players to play the possession game.

Its illrevant that you think whether we can win trophies playing that sort of game, on the day them tactics got the win, and pretty much has been working in all the big games Ole been there.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Until recently you had to get ten 'likes' from the Mods. before you where able to post on the main forums.

This meant the quality of discussion was much higher. The problem is now, most of the 'good' posters stay away because most of the quality conversation and reasoned argument is disappearing also

Just for purposes of staying on topic.....Ole is doing a fantastic job and should be backed 100%
So the “quality of discussion or post “ according to you is based on whether it agrees with your point of view.

RollieOle

So basic and simple that one of the best managers in world football, with the most expensive squad ever assembled in world football couldnt beat? Even when we are missing our best attacker in Marcus? It is starting to look like you have an agenda!

Foxbatt

It is going to be interesting when we play Spurs. Jose defending and Ole trying to break them down. We need to keep winning our matches and I have a gut feeling it could be Leicester who could be in trouble if we kept winning.
It is good that Ole called out James but James did the same thing in the first half too and then in the second half. I hope that he gets a very stern talking to. His selfish attitude in those circumstances was more than Martial's because normally Martial does score those attempts and James was in a much difficult angle. We need to finish off games early when we get the chances. Spurs is going to be difficult as Lo Celso is a top class player too.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
That doesn't hold water, because the club were willing to swap him with Dybala if the player had shown enough willingness to come here. I think its more likely that we couldn't get Bruno at the price we wanted him for, or simply weren't yet convinced that he was the player we wanted.

evil_geko

I am still not convinced either way, too many false dawns in the past. I am staying on my "Replace Ole at the end of season" vote. I wont knee jerk every few months.

Meep

Changed my vote from sack in summer to keep. I love that he has been involved in raising the team spirit. You want to cheer for something that has a soul. Finally, it feels like there is something here that is more than overpaid professionals. Looking forward to the future.

lysglimt

Scout
I am yet to hear one logical explanation from Poch-fans as to how he could allow Spurs to implode the way he did, if he was truly that great a manager as some seem to think

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Absolutely agree!

To read around on social media the last few months you'd swear it was absolutely unanimous that Ole must go, but anyone listening to the match going reds can hear them still sing his name.

This is absolutely, unquestionably the most positive I've felt about United in the post Fergie era!
For the record- Match going supporters sang Moyes name until the day he was sacked. They would never turn up against the manager.

Dinghy

I am yet to hear one logical explanation from Poch-fans as to how he could allow Spurs to implode the way he did, if he was truly that great a manager as some seem to think
He needed 28 players of his own. Only got to sign 27.

evil_geko

How did Klopp allow Dortmund to implode? There can be many reasons that the public are not aware of, doesn't mean Poch is suddenly trash. And no, I am not comparing their managerial skills per se, just the situations.

LuckyScout78

Lucky to get time on his side and got Bruno. Ole and United were really poor as a attacking team before Bruno arriving. And United still havent lost with Bruno on the pitch. Its more Bruno impact than Ole.

And United could get Bruno in last summer. The price was maybe a bit high. Ole wasnt sure about Bruno then. Because Ole was clearly prefer Dybala and Eriksen for that nr.10 role. Ole didnt get both Dybala and Erikssen. Then come in January Ole and United had no choice. United had to strenght and improve the nr.10 role and the team. Luckily Bruno was still playing for S.Lisbon and still available. Not ending up at Spurs, as Eriksen replacement.

Plus others top teams this season has been horrible and so unconsistent. All of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and include Wolves. But to succed. You get to have luck and time factors on your side. If not, you are done. Ole has it. Plus. Things goes your way factor. Like possibility of City ban and United got 5th spot and the uncosistent of Spurs and other top teams. Make your top 5 still alive. If other top teams were more conistent. United would be more far behind come this date.

And the thin squad and injury. Its up to the manager decisions. You cant blame others for a thin squad

theklr

Been some rumours around that he was fond of double training sessions since they played really intensive and pressing football.

When many of his players reached abit higher age, they became more worn out.

The comments before the CL final and flirting with United really didnt help either, coupled with his dissapointed in their transfer window when the stadium was finished.

Dinghy

There's some absolute fecking ridiculous posts on here, completely ignoring the fact that our direct style is the reason why City struggle so much against us as they just can't handle it. We've created more chances home and away against them in the league, but the experts on here would rather us to sacrifice that and instead play tippy tappy football at the back to raise our possession stats.

Last edited:

TRUERED89

Spurs is going to be difficult as Lo Celso is a top class player too.
To hell with Spurs, they got played off the park by Norwich, Burnley and Leipzig as of late (plus they're even worse than City at the back). Since Bruno's arrival we've looked a different team, very confident we'll beat Jose again (especially with no Son & Kane).

Skåre Willoch

Seriously, you really think beating Derby and Tramere is a measure of progress? We struggled to a draw vs Everton and Wolves... the run isn’t the corner turned people think it is.... I hope I’m wrong.
Yes. Winning games is a sign of progress. 10 games unbeaten is a sign of progress. Progressing in the Europa League, the FA cup, and closing the gap on top 4 is progress. Scoring 24 goals, and conceding only 2 (one of which was the De Gea blunder), are both signs of progress.

In the 10 game streak we've beat Manchester City as well. Twice. We beat Chelsea as well. Remember? It's not like we've only played Tranmere and Derby.

Wolves have become a very good side since they got promoted, and will be a mainstay in the top 6, or at least top 10 for years to come.
I'll give you Everton, but even in that game we conceded that freak goal very early on. Could've/should've been a different game if not.

Shark

@NotShark
To hell with Spurs, they got played off the park by Norwich, Burnley and Leipzig as of late. Since Bruno's arrival we've looked a different team, very confident we'll beat Jose again (especially with no Son & Kane).
Jose will park the bus and try and spring a few surprises on us for sure, even if we got a draw it’d be 4 points out of them and City which I’d have gladly taken beforehand. Then it’s a run of games we should be winning until we meet Leicester.

AshRK

FFS I've said that it's an amazing win for Ole.

But you can't have 28% possession at OT and say it's been anything other than a smash and grab.

To me, it's cowardly football. You can't have a Citeh side without De Bruyne having %72 possession at OT - it's laughable.
Possession means absolutely nothing if you cannot score or create chances. How many chances did they create? In fact we had more shots on target than them. To say we were coward yesterday is absolute joke and shows how much people are biased towards Ole. It was a top performance where we 100 percent deserved to win. It was not a smash and grab like you want to make it look like.

crossy1686

career ending
This is my favourite line at the moment. Giving Solskjaer shit for not signing Bruno sooner.

youngrell

There's some absolute fecking ridiculous posts on here, completely ignoring the fact that our direct style is the reason why City struggle so much against us. We've created more chances than them home and away in the league, but the experts on here would rather us to sacrifice that and instead play tippy tappy football at the back to raise our possession stats.
Aye, I'm sure City fans enjoyed the moral victory of playing nicer football yesterday a lot more than we enjoyed a great win :D

Status
Not open for further replies.