Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

90 + 5min

The season is on a crazy knife edge: We could potentially finish third and win two cups or conceivably finish fifth and meekly crash out of both cups.

If the former happens, it will have been a great season and if it's the latter, then the posters who have nailed their flag to the 'Ole in' mast, no matter what, will have to suck up the deserved criticism that will follow.

Obviously these are two hypothetical scenarios and it could really be anything in between. At the moment I'm happy for him to stay but a-lot will depend on the coming weeks. There's been some recent positives for sure but all the negatives from the season simply can't be ignored either.
You can't see the progress we have been doing since Solskjaer took over? Even if we come up with 0 trophies this year and fail to get in top 4, we still have lot of positives to look at in the future. To judge Solskjaer and teams performence this year (just by looking at top 4 and trophies) from where we have been is really not something I would do. Progress takes time. And it is going faster than it should be.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Everyone calm down.
Chelsea have Norwich, Pool and Wolves

Leicester have Spurs, Sheffield and us
Don’t want to criticise Ole as I’m over it. But did it take those managers 10 years? The ones you are talking about. Most great managers I know became good fairly quickly.
Apples and oranges. Pep inherited one of the best sides in footballing history and winning the CL with Porto is impressive, but Jose arrived at Chelsea at a very favorable point

Klopp did well at Mainz but i highly doubt he would be looked at as one of the goats if he was there today.

There is a significant amount of chance involved

midnightmare

Arguably Mourinho had better effect on his transfers early on before Sanchez. Next people wanting them gone etc.
Maguire got weaknesses and so people might want him gone soon. Probably not with Bruno and Wan Bissaka, but we will see.
Errr. Yeah? So, we’re now saying Mkhi, Bailly, Lindelof, were great hits for Jose? Ummmm. Let’s see now. Who was it that basically consigned Bailly, Lindelof, Mkhi and Pogba to the outcasts’ bench and demanded they be binned and replaced? Fans? I know you tried caveating with the “arguably” but know what? It’s not even blooming arguable.

The Cult of Moo continues to astound.

90 + 5min

Don’t want to criticise Ole as I’m over it. But did it take those managers 10 years? The ones you are talking about. Most great managers I know became good fairly quickly.
Let's take for example Klopp, just because Liverpool won the league this year. And no, I'm not saying Solskjaer is Klopp or Klopp is Solskjaer. Just giving you what time means. He came to Liverpool 2015.
2015-2016 0 trophies
2016-2017 0 trophies
2017-2018 0 trophies
2018-2019 Champions League
2019-2020 Premier League, World Cup, UEFA SuperCup.

So it took him 5 years to win Premier League and as good as he is and as much credit he got he still managed to win 4 trophies in 5 years for Liverpool. What he did was getting Liverpool better for every year. And as I said, changes need time.

Revan

Assumptionman
Let's take for example Klopp, just because Liverpool won the league this year. And no, I'm not saying Solskjaer is Klopp or Klopp is Solskjaer. Just giving you what time means. He came to Liverpool 2015.
2015-2016 0 trophies
2016-2017 0 trophies
2017-2018 0 trophies

So it took him 5 years to win Premier League and as good as he is and as much credit he got he still managed to win 4 trophies in 5 years for Liverpool. What he did was getting Liverpool better for every year. And as I said, changes need time.
He reached 76 points and fourth position on his first season there (also final of Europa on his first half season). Ole at best can reach 68 points.

No one expected Ole to win the league this season and no one has criticized him about that.

Withnail

He reached 76 points and fourth position on his first season there (also final of Europa on his first half season). Ole at best can reach 68 points.

No one expected Ole to win the league this season and no one has criticized him about that.
That's because this was in response to Mainaldo stating that most great managers become good quickly. I'm not sure what your point is.

Robbie Boy

You can't see the progress we have been doing since Solskjaer took over? Even if we come up with 0 trophies this year and fail to get in top 4, we still have lot of positives to look at in the future. To judge Solskjaer and teams performence this year (just by looking at top 4 and trophies) from where we have been is really not something I would do. Progress takes time. And it is going faster than it should be.
Never said I would be doing the criticising?

Yes, there are some positives but also negatives. I'll look at the bigger picture come the end of the season and reserve judgement until then. Right now, I'm happy enough to keep him on and by-and-large I've been really enjoying our football lately and the mood about the place. But I can still acknowledge that to-date, he has also displayed many shortcomings as a manager. I don't support the manager, I support the club and what's best for the team. Bar last night, I've seen plenty of positives so I'm confident we'll get top four and hopefully build on that.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
That's because this was in response to Mainaldo stating that most great managers become good quickly. I'm not sure what your point is.
That he became good quickly reaching EL final immediately, and getting 4th position with a total number of points that is enough in any season to reach 4th position (and more often than not third). He became good quickly.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Genuine question: is there is a more negative fanbase than ours right now?

We're the most in-form team in the league since the restart, and on an unbeaten streak stretching back 17 games, yet people still find room for complaint. I honestly don't get it.

Robbie Boy

We're the most in-form team in the league since the restart, and on an unbeaten streak stretching back 17 games, yet people still find room for complaint. I honestly don't get it.
Nothing really to get. It's more people raising deficiencies that reared their head last night that have been spoken about all season.

Toad

So funny! One draw against a good Southampton team and this get bumped to the top. Get a grip.

romufc

You will never win with some of the posters here. The way they change the goal post is incredible. Like the one below, first is he isnt successful because of top 4 / trophies. Ok, you pull out the years with no trophies so they change it to, No but he wouldn't have got top 4 because of points now.

Does that mean because Liverpool and City get 100 points for their titles, and SAF didn't get any, any of our titles are worth less ?

Nope. toxic.

MalcolmTucker

I think people are having horrible flashbacks to last season, and what has been a general trend in these 6 years, of whenever our opponents slip up, we seem to falter.

What people need to remember is that Leicester and Chelsea both got spanked in the last round and we drew a game with a 96th minute corner when we had 10 men. It's really important that we respond in the Crystal Palace match and it will be interesting to see how Leicester and Chelsea respond as well.

BestRed

If we don’t make top four then he should be sacked. Just like every other manager post Fergie.
Yeah that makes no sense to me, so if we miss out on the champions league places by a point or two, are we going to scrap all the good work done by the management team over the past 18 odd months, and start all over again.

And if the next guy doesn't work out do we just keep doing the same thing over and over again until it does.

That plan hasn't worked out great over the last 7 years, so probably time to try a different approach now.

FatherWolff

This is the thing, not once have I seen Ole change a game for us through a sub/tactical game when the game is tight or we’re getting outplayed. I think Manchester United deserves a top quality manager, not a half decent one
Or maybe players on the bench with the ability to do so. Do you really think this is the time for this discussion? I am seriously starting to believe several of the posters in here are Arsenal WUM’s. I’ve now seen the game twice. There might be something to criticise Ole for subs. As an opinion and preferences. As the team was set up, there is nothing wrong with that. This is the formation and team that has brought us forward. And as thing stands. The club and the players think just that. We have a top manager and are making great progress. The Man Utd culture is finally back. But again. I respect that you have a different take on reality. But do you really think this is the time to have this sort of energy? Seriously?

Mainoldo

Everyone calm down.
Chelsea have Norwich, Pool and Wolves

Leicester have Spurs, Sheffield and us

Apples and oranges. Pep inherited one of the best sides in footballing history and winning the CL with Porto is impressive, but Jose arrived at Chelsea at a very favorable point

Klopp did well at Mainz but i highly doubt he would be looked at as one of the goats if he was there today.

There is a significant amount of chance involved
Yeah I still expect us to get top 4 as the others a crap and have hard games.

As for Pep I have to disagree with your simple answer considering he created a totally knew style of play which was allured throughout Europe. It wasn’t as easy as here’s Messi go dominate.

Jose did exceptional too. He turned a talent bunch of players into winners. Ranieri wouldn’t have achieved that.

bsCallout

The Ole out brigade would still be calling for his head if we go unbeaten till the end of the season, get top 4, win FA cup & win EL.

There is no point debating those people.

There should be no question that he deserves more time. It is fair to say you don't think he is good enough to win the league but he and the team have improved as he himself predicted.

It would be like calling for Klopps head before he got Allison and VVD. Could you imagine if we made comparative purchases this summer.

I.e. Sancho & Upamecano/Dias

Rafaeldagold

Or maybe players on the bench with the ability to do so. Do you really think this is the time for this discussion? I am seriously starting to believe several of the posters in here are Arsenal WUM’s. I’ve now seen the game twice. There might be something to criticise Ole for subs. As an opinion and preferences. As the team was set up, there is nothing wrong with that. This is the formation and team that has brought us forward. And as thing stands. The club and the players think just that. We have a top manager and are making great progress. The Man Utd culture is finally back. But again. I respect that you have a different take on reality. But do you really think this is the time to have this sort of energy? Seriously?
1. Why would there be Arsenal WUM’s about last nights game?

2. Ole has done well recently (bar last night) but he’s not a ‘ Top Manager’ yet at all.

3. You still haven’t answered my point of why can’t our manager change the way a game is going when we’re faltering?? Surely that’s what a ‘top manager’ would do?

4. Yes the time to talk about a match is probably just after it yes & the season as a whole right now is a good time I would suggest too. We need to evaluate if he really is the best man to take us forward. I’m not saying definitely sack him, I’m just saying we really need to think & assess if he truly is in the summer

Mainoldo

2015-2016 0 trophies
2016-2017 0 trophies
2017-2018 0 trophies

I know and he’s a good example. But we have to have context. He was qualified for that job and got time through past achievements. I loved that he was ‘technically’ failing at first. But at no point did I believe this guy wasn’t a class coach.

I just don’t know what I’m expecting to wait for with Ole. For me he’s just the interim to the real guy. If this is the case he’s doing a great job.. but this is Ed Woodward’s Manchester United. Nothing is planned and Ole will be here until he undoes his good work. I hope I’m wrong.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yeah that makes no sense to me, so if we miss out on the champions league places by a point or two, are we going to scrap all the good work done by the management team over the past 18 odd months, and start all over again.

And if the next guy doesn't work out do we just keep doing the same thing over and over again until it does.

That plan hasn't worked out great over the last 7 years, so probably time to try a different approach now.
But that is assuming that Solskjær is the right man. I personally think he’s a mid table manager that has hit the jackpot.

Would you have as much faith in him if he wasn’t a United Legend?

Mainoldo

You cannot just back something blindly because your fed up of sacking managers. The question should be why do we keep getting it wrong. I never understand this back at all cost mentality. It’s been hovering over this clubs since SAF last day at OT speech. I think it was actually worst than the Phil Jones comment.

dev1l

This thread should be renamed - The official Car knee jerking confessions thread

cyberman

This thread should be renamed - The official Car knee jerking confessions thread
Its honestly ridiculous at this point. Everybody is married to their opinions so they run on to say I told you so the first chance they get

FatherWolff

Its honestly ridiculous at this point. Everybody is married to their opinions so they run on to say I told you so the first chance they get
That is not being a Man Utd fan, that is being ego agenda. We have a monster week coming, and the players, manager and club need to keep going. Played poor last night. Lots of mistakes and to many players didn’t turn up. We dust it of, find the energy and go again!

cyberman

That is not being a Man Utd fan, that is being ego agenda. We have a monster week coming, and the players, manager and club need to keep going. Played poor last night. Lots of mistakes and to many players didn’t turn up. We dust it of, find the energy and go again!
We are sonething stupid like 17 unbeaten and it took us being down to 10 men and a set piece to concede the equaliser. Thata after fighting back from a goal down and nkw our mentality is questioned.
This place was shitting itself over Southampton pre match, how it would be the hardest game left etc now its the end if the world when a side actually gives us a game

CG1010

You cannot just back something blindly because your fed up of sacking managers. The question should be why do we keep getting it wrong. I never understand this back at all cost mentality. It’s been hovering over this clubs since SAF last day at OT speech. I think it was actually worst than the Phil Jones comment.
We've hardly done that though have we.. sacked Moyes and Mourinho mid-season and ruthlessly sacked LVG when we could see the team is going nowhere even after winning the FA cup. With Ole though, we can see the team is improving. Its not his fault that he had to spend his season filling gaping holes in attack and defense, which he has done well to his credit. Talk of changing managers is absolutely crazy at this stage.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
So I'm going to say it again.. if he does not get top 4 and does not win Europa league, he needs sacking.

With our first XI we deserve to be in the champions league. If he doesn't accomplish this he will be sacked.

Zen86

But that is assuming that Solskjær is the right man. I personally think he’s a mid table manager that has hit the jackpot.

Would you have as much faith in him if he wasn’t a United Legend?
Who is the right man? Is it someone who’s never won a trophy by any chance?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Some of the fans are truly mental and delusional. You think Ole is some sort of managerial Jesus who is going to win every game ? Games like this are bound to happen, we experienced this under SAF too (4-4 Everton choke anyone??) but nobody calls for his head. We played really well yesterday until we lost Williams. Still our fate is in our hands and I dont see Chelsea or Leicester winning their last 3.
Oh you must be new to the caf, even in SAF time there were some people calling for him to resign at times, it's crazy around here.

SAFMUTD

One thing that worries me about Ole is that we are a team that have really marked patches. We are either in the hooneymoon breaking records winning games everywhere and suddenly we lose and enter a bad patch and start breaking negative records and that last for months, and then again another good patch. Thats in no way healthy, thats what makes many of us skeptical about Ole's coaching skills.

It seems we are a highly morale driven team, if we're winning everyone plays great if we are losing everything falls, I wouldnt be surprised even the great form we've shown since the restart that we enter a bad patch of bad results in the last games.

FatherWolff

One thing that worries me about Ole is that we are a team that have really marked patches. We are either in the hooneymoon breaking records winning games everywhere and suddenly we lose and enter a bad patch and start breaking negative records and that last for months, and then again another good patch. Thats in no way healthy, thats what makes many of us skeptical about Ole's coaching skills.

It seems we are a highly morale driven team, if we're winning everyone plays great if we are losing everything falls, I wouldnt be surprised even the great form we've shown since the restart that we enter a bad patch of bad results in the last games.
Ive watched a lot of games in every league this year. The only team I can think of not going through this is Liverpool. Even Bayern was struggling at times. That is football, and knowing we are in a transition makes it even more logical. We are not in a bad patch. We are 18 games unbeaten and top of the pops in form.
Everything that comes out of the club. From players and so on say the complete opposite. Even Pogba is thinking of staying. Do you think he would if what you are saying is even close to the truth? And seriously guys! This is not the time!

Last edited:

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
I don't see why we would sack him. For the first time in ages, I feel positive about the way things are going. The transfers make sense and yes, Bruno has been a major catalyst, but just in general I feel I am enjoying watching us play again.

He deserves a little time

midnightmare

Bad patch? We drew. Because of a set piece in the 96th minute. When down to 10 men because of injuries. Against a team with the second best away record in the PL. A team that has just recently beaten Pep “His Holeyness” Guardiola’s City. This despite Bruno having an off day. And despite Mason being marked out of the game. And despite initially going behind. And after missing some brilliant scoring opportunities. And despite the ref missing what was a clear red card offense by Romeu.

I genuinely don’t get the negativity. It’s like Jose cast a spell. He convinced half the fan base that he was the only decent thing at the club. Those that bought into this BS (Cult of Moo) just can’t accept that in a run of 17 games it’s fine to draw a couple. It really is. For those that’ll point to Liverpool, yeah, that’s the Liverpool that’s also out of the CL (after almost going out even earlier) and not in any domestic cup either. Because they lost! And has had freakishly good luck with injuries and refereeing. Our run spans all competitions. In later stages. And includes wins over the “big boys” as well as the minnows.

90 + 5min

I know and he’s a good example. But we have to have context. He was qualified for that job and got time through past achievements. I loved that he was ‘technically’ failing at first. But at no point did I believe this guy wasn’t a class coach.

I just don’t know what I’m expecting to wait for with Ole. For me he’s just the interim to the real guy. If this is the case he’s doing a great job.. but this is Ed Woodward’s Manchester United. Nothing is planned and Ole will be here until he undoes his good work. I hope I’m wrong.
I can give you that Solskjaer wasn't really qualified for the big task. Or at least he was unproven one. But we needed something different. We had Mourinho and van Gaal and it didn't work out. Here we are now. 1 year and couple of months later and we are showing progress. Credit must go to him to. Not just players. He has transformed negative culture to something positive.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Or in this case by it "celebrity-name". Solskjaer might be the one who will take us to a Premier League title and I wouldn't be suprised.

Withnail

I think people are having horrible flashbacks to last season, and what has been a general trend in these 6 years, of whenever our opponents slip up, we seem to falter.

What people need to remember is that Leicester and Chelsea both got spanked in the last round and we drew a game with a 96th minute corner when we had 10 men. It's really important that we respond in the Crystal Palace match and it will be interesting to see how Leicester and Chelsea respond as well.
Exactly... With the draw we've still gained ground on our competitors.

Disappointing as it was, we were always going to have at least one bad performance. The reaction to it is what's important.

If we fall apart from here on in, thats a different story but a lot of people are jumping the gun.

SAFMUTD

Bad patch? We drew. Because of a set piece in the 96th minute. When down to 10 men because of injuries. Against a team with the second best away record in the PL. Ateam that has just recently beaten Pep “His Holeyness” Guardiola’s City. This despite Bruno having an off day. And despite Mason being marked out of the game. And despite initially going behind. And after missing some brilliant scoring opportunities. And despite the ref missing what was a clear red card offense by Romeu.

I genuinely don’t get the negativity. It’s like Jose cast a spell. He convinced half the fan base that he was the only decent thing at the club. Those that bought into this BS (Cult of Moo) just can’t accept that in a run of 17 games it’s fine to draw a couple. It really is. For those that’ll point to Liverpool, yeah, that’s the Liverpool that’s also out of the CL (after almost going out even earlier) and not in any domestic cup either. Because they lost! And has had freakishly good luck with injuries and refereeing. Our run spans all competitions. In later stages. And includes wins over the “big boys” as well as the minnows.
If you read carefully I didnt say we're in a bad patch, I said that it wouldnt surprise me that we enter into one.

Also you completely deviated from my point, were in great form recently, 18 games unbeaten its great for any team. 13 wins and 5 draws are good results overall. But my point is we had a patch like this one before, his interim record was impressive. But was followed up by a really bad spell when he was appointed permanent manager.

Of course everyteam has his highs and lows, but ours are really marked. The fact that we were 14 points behind top 4 in january and were only 1 point now is a clear indication, and its not just results, we just broke the record of winning by 3+ goals 4 consecutive matches showing impressive attacking power, but at the same time we've games were we looked nowhere near scoring. We had something like 250 minutes without a shot on goal.

I think all that is due to mental strenght, inconsistency and players that respond to certain changes. "Surprisingly" our spells came after Ole arrived we magically started playing great, then as soon as we lost all went south, then when Bruno arrived again everything clicked and great football again. It seems players need a strong change to respond and start playing proper football.

Thats Ole's challenge, to turn us into a consistent good team. If we want to challenge for titles again you cant have patches, last 3 seasons have shown that you need to be around the 100 points per season mark to win, youre not allowed to be inconsistent.

imamuppet

ffs,

where to start, actually why waste my time.......

Says it all when you got opposing team fans coming here and arguing with "fans" of our team to tell them that they are talking a whole load of tripe about where we are as a team right now with Ole at the healm.

And that these fans waited for one arkward result before piling in here to give us their opinions and statistics as if they had a clue about anything to do with football.

Why were you peeps not posting in here with such regularity after our positive results.

Whiners and wingers, thats what most of you are.

Thankfully there are many level headed people here and they have spoken up to tell you peeps to sort it out and quit with the knee jerking, man im so pissed, livid.

And they have the audacity to call us who are backing Ole as having an "Oleagenda", your having a laugh, seriously 50% of you must be WUMs or opposing fans that dont have anything better to do than to draw reactions off the level headed football fans at this forum.

As for the other 50%, the less said the better..........

And no, dont bother responding to this post as I am not going to respond as your not worth anymore of my time.

God forbid that any of you actually make it into positions where long term objectivity is required.

And geez, go and look up what the word "supporter" means ..............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.