Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think this is a perfect opinion of what people with alternative views to above have to fight up against. Clearly points which aren’t true but I can understand why you feel this way and why you are giving Ole your full support.

Good read though.
Thanks but I’m confused how was it a good read if points weren’t true?

Care to elaborate which points aren’t true?

mu4c_20le

If you think everyone who has a different opinion to yours is a cretin, than a public forum is probably not the place for you.
Interestingly that's exactly what a racist cop said to defend his social media posts. He was fired.

bsCallout

Yes it did. He had everything to do with proving what he was capable of.

So if an academy player was picked to start on the first game of the season, you'd show them as much patience as you would to say Ronaldo if he came here at the start of the season?

I remember hearing the same about LvG and Jose and that Moyes "deserved" another transfer window.

Have they stopped being true? The arguments against them are "we've played well since Bruno came so shut up". 1 + 1 hasn't stopped being 2 just because it got old.
1. No it didnt have anything to do with that, it had everything to do with him showing progress and improving the team consistently.

2. You wouldn't have heard that from me with any of those managers, they all ended up getting sacked after a period of poor performances. They didnt get sacked while on a 17/18 game unbeaten streak.

Keep stretching.

Tyrion

1. No it didnt have anything to do with that, it had everything to do with him showing progress and improving the team consistently.

2. You wouldn't have heard that from me with any of those managers, they all ended up getting sacked after a period of poor performances. They didnt get sacked while on a 17/18 game unbeaten streak.

Keep stretching.
1. In your opinion. I think most people remembered him winning the league in Germany and still factored it in.

2. I actually don't think he should be sacked. I just think people dismissing all the concerns about him are foolish. I think the club should be looking at alternatives so we're not starting from scratch if he ever gets sacked.

You didn't respond to my question about the academy player compared to Ronaldo. Would you treat them the same?

Regarding the unbeaten streak:

With Tuesday's victory over CSKA Moscow, Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United equalled a historic club record by remaining unbeaten at Old Trafford for 40 matches in all competitions
https://www.manutd.com/en/printprod...ecord-for-remaining-unbeaten-at-old-trafford#

Unbeaten streaks don't guarantee future success. Mourinho's track record of negativity eventually hurt us despite the unbeaten streak and the people who remembered that track record and weren't blinded by the streak were proven correct. I, and many other United fans, worry that something similar could happen here regarding OGS's lack of experience.

Tyrion

What is true? Poch, championship cv, etc. ? Tell me what of those was ever true?
His CV does only include a stint in the championship and relegation (at the top level at least). Poch has done better in management.

And hell no man, if you can read you can find a lot more than that Bruno stuff. Looot of posts just above. Of course only if you want to read.
Almost all of the points I've seen ultimately come down to "we're playing well so everything is fine" and use that as evidence.

Ole won't be sacked even if we lose all the matches left. For some "fans" it's actually more important for them to be right than the progress of the club. Or their love for Poch or Mou. Or they just hate Ole.
This is a common thing I see. The people defending OGS frequently disparage the people skeptical of him by suggesting they're not real fans or secretly want the club to lose. It's a pretty daft idea frankly. Have you considered that many of those people think that OGS's qualifications are relevant to the progress of the club? And that people can have doubts about some people at the club and still be fans? Either that, or everyone who's ever given less than a 10 as a player rating is not a proper "fan".

Actually I feel just damn happy to think what you lot would feel right now ;)
Believe it or not, I can be skeptical about OGS's future prospects and enjoy the performances. I don't require absolute faith and unquestioning support to enjoy something. It's pretty easy actually.

LVGSdive

He has made good signings while moving most of the older players on and he understood that the defence gets sorted first then the attack, when he signed AWB and Maguire prior to signing Bruno. The players clearly like and respect him. My only criticism is not giving Gomes a chance when Lingard and Andrea's weren't being productive but that's his decision on who he rates and picks. However it's overwhelmingly a yes on him staying, we're going in the right direction even if we don't win anything this season and come fifth. Long term is always better than short term.

Mainoldo

Thanks but I’m confused how was it a good read if points weren’t true?

Care to elaborate which points aren’t true?

There’s no such thing as our identity. We had too successful managers and that’s it. We have a great youth production line which is why we hold that academy record but as you noticed it didn’t stop when Fergie left did it. All the fans are harmonising is over Ole copying traits of SAF. That’s not a club identity that’s a SAF identity. You mentioned Mourinho not being successful with us? You’ll have to be consistent on that claim as he’s got the height position and the most trophies since SAF left. So success requires someone doing better than that I assume, so I also assume Ole’s season regardless of its outcome will not be successful as he will not be achieve what Mourinho has.

You support Ole because he is the right guy for us right now. What does that mean? I ask this as a man in confusion as to where are we looking to go.

You also talk about ideology, identity.. basically the same thing. I agree as I believe there is a certain way United should be winning titles. But let’s not pretend you didn’t want Mourinho and you wouldn’t have been happy if Mourinho one us a title. I would have been.. however I wouldn’t want it to continue the way he would have persisted in winning in. Basically I just wanted the title again. I believe this is just the same with Ole. We want him to take us to the tile because he reminds us of supporting the club under SAF. But we have to embrace being taken on a new path similar in what we stand for but at the same time different from before. Ole is just a copy cat and not a very good one. We are just waiting for the wheels to fall off and I just don’t want him ruining all his good work.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

There’s no such thing as our identity. We had too successful managers and that’s it. We have a great youth production line which is why we hold that academy record but as you noticed it didn’t stop when Fergie left did it. All the fans are harmonising is over Ole copying traits of SAF. That’s not a club identity that’s a SAF identity. You mentioned Mourinho not being successful with us? You’ll have to be consistent on that claim as he’s got the height position and the most trophies since SAF left. So success requires someone doing better than that I assume, so I also assume Ole’s season regardless of its outcome will not be successful as he will not be achieve what Mourinho has.

You support Ole because he is the right guy for us right now. What does that mean? I ask this as a man in confusion as to where are we looking to go.

You also talk about ideology, identity.. basically the same thing. I agree as I believe there is a certain way United should be winning titles. But let’s not pretend you didn’t want Mourinho and you wouldn’t have been happy if Mourinho one us a title. I would have been.. however I wouldn’t want it to continue the way he would have persisted in winning in. Basically I just wanted the title again. I believe this is just the same with Ole. We want him to take us to the tile because he reminds us of supporting the club under SAF. But we have to embrace being taken on a new path similar in what we stand for but at the same time different from before. Ole is just a copy cat and not a very good one. We are just waiting for the wheels to fall off and I just don’t want him ruining all his good work.
Can you elaborate on how Ole is being a copy cat, I assume copying Fergie?

Mainoldo

Can you elaborate on how Ole is being a copy cat, I assume copying Fergie?
Yes basically. We are applauding his approach. But what are we applauding? We like the fact that he gets us. Nothing wrong with that, he will get us he’s been here for years. I just want people to analyse his positives and negatives appropriately. I don’t think we are.

edcunited1878

Yes basically. We are applauding his approach. But what are we applauding? We like the fact that he gets us. Nothing wrong with that, he will get us he’s been here for years. I just want people to analyse his positives and negatives appropriately. I don’t think we are.
What is it that he's specifically copying? Wanting to be a successful, winning manager like Fergie? What's wrong with that...every manager wants to win major trophies. Ole's won his native country's division as manager and knows what is needed to win a domestic campaign as manager and obviously as a player during his time with Manchester United.

He's playing with a 4231 formation, but has adjusted his formation at United throughout the season. He believes in the ethos of youth, but also having hard working and talented players around the pitch. Having the necessary characters also is important to him. His blueprint to success is in line with what has made him successful as a player and with a club like Manchester United. Ole is developing a young team that still needs a bit more quality and depth.

Mainoldo

What is it that he's specifically copying? Wanting to be a successful, winning manager like Fergie? What's wrong with that...every manager wants to win major trophies. Ole's won his native country's division as manager and knows what is needed to win a domestic campaign as manager and obviously as a player during his time with Manchester United.

He's playing with a 4231 formation, but has adjusted his formation at United throughout the season. He believes in the ethos of youth, but also having hard working and talented players around the pitch. Having the necessary characters also is important to him. His blueprint to success is in line with what has made him successful as a player and with a club like Manchester United. Ole is developing a young team that still needs a bit more quality and depth.
Yeah he does but so do I and so do you! You explained what Ole wants but really your just magnifying what United means to you.

There’s nothing that qualifies Ole to win us a Premier League title he’s not a good enough Coach. But it is possible we can build him the best team in this league which we aren’t far off and hope we can wing it like every manager that has took over Celtic for the past 10 years.

edcunited1878

Yeah he does but so do I and so do you! You explained what Ole wants but really your just magnifying what United means to you.

There’s nothing that qualifies Ole to win us a Premier League title he’s not a good enough Coach. But it is possible we can build him the best team in this league which we aren’t far off and hope we can wing it like every manager that has took over Celtic for the past 10 years.
That's fine if you don't think Ole can manage United to a PL title and it's valid as things stand. But he or the next manager still needs more quality and output. The progression and calculated recruitment for the success of the club in the immediate and near term future from when Ole took charge to the end of this season has shown his acumen. He deserves to at least see out his original 3 year contract with United (thru summer of 2022). While I don't think United will challenge for the title next season, they should at least be among the top 4 teams without too much chaos (injuries and suspensions not included). Then see how they continue to kick on during the last year of his original contract. And if there's a manager who is clearly available and has an eye for developing young talent and playing forward thinking football with quality players, then so be it. At least Ole's steady the ship and there's a clear direction of where the club is going. Be interesting to see if Ole stays on as a director of football of some sort because I hate leaving it up to one manager and the next. There's no continuity, which has hurt United.

Mainoldo

That's fine if you don't think Ole can manage United to a PL title and it's valid as things stand. But he or the next manager still needs more quality and output. The progression and calculated recruitment for the success of the club in the immediate and near term future from when Ole took charge to the end of this season has shown his acumen. He deserves to at least see out his original 3 year contract with United (thru summer of 2022). While I don't think United will challenge for the title next season, they should at least be among the top 4 teams without too much chaos (injuries and suspensions not included). Then see how they continue to kick on during the last year of his original contract. And if there's a manager who is clearly available and has an eye for developing young talent and playing forward thinking football with quality players, then so be it. At least Ole's steady the ship and there's a clear direction of where the club is going. Be interesting to see if Ole stays on as a director of football of some sort because I hate leaving it up to one manager and the next. There's no continuity, which has hurt United.
Yeah I agree we do need that continuity and what Ole has brought is what we should have never swayed away from. Bobby Charlton was a key advocate of this.

I just believe there’s a manager ready to take us forward and it would be a shame for us to let him go just for Ole to only take us as far as he can. Which is 3rd/4th. Even with Sancho and Grealish. Just my opinion though.

Withnail

Yeah I agree we do need that continuity and what Ole has brought is what we should have never swayed away from. Bobby Charlton was a key advocate of this.

I just believe there’s a manager ready to take us forward and it would be a shame for us to let him go just for Ole to only take us as far as he can. Which is 3rd/4th. Even with Sancho and Grealish. Just my opinion though.
Who's that then?

Will I be surprised?

Strelok

His CV does only include a stint in the championship and relegation (at the top level at least). Poch has done better in management.

Almost all of the points I've seen ultimately come down to "we're playing well so everything is fine" and use that as evidence.

This is a common thing I see. The people defending OGS frequently disparage the people skeptical of him by suggesting they're not real fans or secretly want the club to lose. It's a pretty daft idea frankly. Have you considered that many of those people think that OGS's qualifications are relevant to the progress of the club? And that people can have doubts about some people at the club and still be fans? Either that, or everyone who's ever given less than a 10 as a player rating is not a proper "fan".

Believe it or not, I can be skeptical about OGS's future prospects and enjoy the performances. I don't require absolute faith and unquestioning support to enjoy something. It's pretty easy actually.
Pep and Zidanne didn't has a club than the reseve team on their CV when appointed. Jose had one of the best CV when appointed.

Managers should be evaluated based on how they're doing not their CV. Your boss evaluate your performance based on how do you do at your job recently or your CV ?

If you lot brought this CV stuff before the appointment of Ole it's fine. But bringing it now is just clueless and stupid af.

And Poch, what has he won so far? Tell me how he has done better than Ole?

Poch was sacked in his last job. Ole didn't. Based on your logic of CV, doesn't this make Ole better than Poch?

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Ole has built a promising team and shades of grey are to be expected performance wise given the relatively young age of the squad. I think we are leagues ahead development wise than what was initially expected, at least by Ole and the board.

The "problem" with relative success (or in this case an unbeaten spell) is that it results in fans inevitably wanting more, especially with the storied history that we have. The painful building blocks and setbacks we faced prior to get to get to where we are (a decent chance for CL qualification and not being 8 or 9 points off the mark) are seemingly forgotten.

Seeking instantaneous success is not a sustainable recipe for the long trophy-laden future that United deserve. Champions league or not, it will be maddeningly naive to sign up another manager for that fleeting moment of hope.

Let's work with what we have for once rather than hedge all our bets on another wild gamble.

Reactions: Penna

tombombadil

Pep and Zidanne didn't has a club than the reseve team on their CV when appointed. Jose had one of the best CV when appointed.

Managers should be evaluated based on how they're doing not their CV. Your boss evaluate your performance based on how do you do at your job recently or your CV ?

If you lot brought this CV stuff before the appointment of Ole it's fine. But bringing it now is just clueless and stupid af.

And Poch, what has he won so far? Tell me how he has done better than Ole?

Poch was sacked in his last job. Ole didn't. Based on your logic of CV, doesn't this make Ole better than Poch?
Spot on

lysglimt

Scout
What is true? Poch, championship cv, etc. ? Tell me what of those was ever true?

And hell no man, if you can read you can find a lot more than that Bruno stuff. Looot of posts just above. Of course only if you want to read.

Ole won't be sacked even if we lose all the matches left. For some "fans" it's actually more important for them to be right than the progress of the club. Or their love for Poch or Mou. Or they just hate Ole. Actually I feel just damn happy to think what you lot would feel right now ;)
I am still waiting for a single pro-Pochettino fan to explain why Tottenham are where they are now - but no one has given a good answer apart from "a cycle" - well I would not want a manager who needs 2 years to create a really good side, which they are for oh 18 months - and then almost ruins the club before he is fired

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Ole has built a promising team and shades of grey are to be expected performance wise given the relatively young age of the squad. I think we are leagues ahead development wise than what was initially expected, at least by Ole and the board.

The "problem" with relative success (or in this case an unbeaten spell) is that it results in fans inevitably wanting more, especially with the storied history that we have. The painful building blocks and setbacks we faced prior to get to get to where we are (a decent chance for CL qualification and not being 8 or 9 points off the mark) are seemingly forgotten.

Seeking instantaneous success is not a sustainable recipe for the long trophy-laden future that United deserve. Champions league or not, it will be maddeningly naive to sign up another manager for that fleeting moment of hope.

Let's work with what we have for once rather than hedge all our bets on another wild gamble.
Good post

Mainoldo

Do you have a serious answer? Curious to know because at the moment there are no obvious candidates out there to my mind.
Yep. Dwight Yorke... he’s itching for an opportunity and he was a key member in 99. I reckon he can replicate a playing style similar to that team he played in.

Serious note. Have a look around. 4 big leagues in Europe. Take a look at the managers in them and see how they are getting on. Then decide if you would rather them or stick with Ole. Or put your self in Man City’s shoes. If Pep decided to up and leave next week. Who would you think wow that would be a great appointment.

Basically you have all the tools to decide for yourself. I’m sure you don’t need my foolish knowledge:)

MalcolmTucker

Yep. Dwight Yorke... he’s itching for an opportunity and he was a key member in 99. I reckon he can replicate a playing style similar to that team he played in.

Serious note. Have a look around. 4 big leagues in Europe. Take a look at the managers in them and see how they are getting on. Then decide if you would rather them or stick with Ole. Or put your self in Man City’s shoes. If Pep decided to up and leave next week. Who would you think wow that would be a great appointment.

Basically you have all the tools to decide for yourself. I’m sure you don’t need my foolish knowledge:)
No, I'm curious to know your thoughts. Rather than writing all that, surely it would have been easier to just say who you'd like us being managed by, otherwise it just looks like you don't have an answer.

So I ask again, who do you want us being managed by instead of Ole?

Womp

idiot
Would be silly to even considering sacking him currently. Whether or not what we're seeing is a purple patch, whether or not it's over reliance on individuals, if we can maintain it etc. etc. is yet to be seen, but at the moment, it's very clearly working. It's the best we've looked post SAF.

He needs to lock down top 4, spend well in the summer (as we are only a few signings away from being able to challenge imo) and then we can reassess.

Mainoldo

No, I'm curious to know your thoughts. Rather than writing all that, surely it would have been easier to just say who you'd like us being managed by, otherwise it just looks like you don't have an answer.

So I ask again, who do you want us being managed by instead of Ole?
I don’t have an answer. Call me Sway.

BestRed

Spot on, great post.

Rafaeldagold

So you don't want Ole but you also don't know who you want... makes perfect sense.
Surely that’s down to the club to scout the best managers in the world? There must be a lot around the world who’d be a great fit, maybe in Latin America, maybe Europe. Who knows. Nagglesman gets a lot of praise, Thomas Franks at Brentford looks very good- someone to keep an eye on.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Surely that’s down to the club to scout the best managers in the world? There must be a lot around the world who’d be a great fit, maybe in Latin America, maybe Europe. Who knows. Nagglesman gets a lot of praise, Thomas Franks at Brentford looks very good- someone to keep an eye on.
Well not really, seeing as it would be stupid to get rid of Ole who is clearly a great manager.

TrustInOle

So you don't want Ole but you also don't know who you want... makes perfect sense.
It's crazy we are still having these conversations! Single handedly the best manager we have had since Fergie. What he has done before means feck all now he is here, should be judged on what he has done since being at the club. Gave us an exciting team, playing progressive football, bang on transfers and as a team, pretty much out performed everyone since recieving a genuine class player to create upfront.

Even if by some miracle we miss top 4, we'd be fools to get rid and start this whole project again. We will challenge next year, mark my words. :devil:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
At the darkest day earlier this season, imo Newcastle away, where it felt like the whole club was in meltdown, when De Gea was on the verge of tears & Ole looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I was definitely Ole out back then. No way did i think he was capable of turning it around after that day. I thought he was finished.

But to his credit, he has never tried to blame the players at any point, no matter how bad it got, and now, a few months after Bruno's inspired signing, we've clawed back a large point deficit, are currently 18 games unbeaten and broken a PL record along the way. We have been a joy to watch again. The players are so happy. We look almost unbeatable going forward. That's with a young home grown attack that has been molded by him through hard work on the training pitch.

Fair play to the man. He has shown some serious character this season. I honestly don't care if we don't make top 4. The fact that he's come back from that point, through sheer hard work on the training ground with his head held high, means I've seen more than enough to believe that he's the right man for us going forward to lead our young team without any doubt.

One thing i would like to see in the future though is, just like how SAF used to refresh his assistants to bring in new strategies the team was lacking at that time (e.g. Queiroz & transition to European fluid 433 style), I hope Ole is capable of doing the same too. Southampton's organisation and pressing was very impressive tonight. We have a clear weakness of being unable to keep our composure and struggle to control the game vs this type of opponent strategy. if Ole is unable to fully counter these team's plans, i hope he can bring someone in to help him and us do so.
Excellent post.

Rafaeldagold

Well not really, seeing as it would be stupid to get rid of Ole who is clearly a great manager.
He’s done well recently but to say he’s a ‘great manager’..? Definitely not. We’re still 5th for starters & not once have I seen him change a game for us when it was tight or it wasn’t planning out well (Burnley/Southampton etc) Just nothing which is concerning.

Perhaps when he gets Manchester United into the top 4 he can be classed as a good manager & great if he managers to win things. Saying he’s great now is pretty far off the mark

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s done well recently but to say he’s a ‘great manager’..? Definitely not. We’re still 5th for starters & not once have I seen him change a game for us when it was tight or it wasn’t planning out well (Burnley/Southampton etc) Just nothing which is concerning.

Perhaps when he gets Manchester United into the top 4 he can be classed as a good manager & great if he managers to win things. Saying he’s great now is pretty far off the mark
Look he still has it all to prove in the long run but I'm really confident he will because it's been clear this season that we have made monumental progress. Now I can see from your continuous posts in here you take more convincing but all I can say is he's easily the best manager post-Fergie and has us playing the best football I've seen since 2008/09. The trophies will come especially if we add a few more key players which we should do.

MalcolmTucker

I don’t have an answer. Call me Sway.
Didn't think so.

You believe there is a manager out there who can take us forward, but you just don't know who they are. How about you have a look around. 4 big leagues in Europe. Take a look at the managers in them and see how they are getting on. Then decide if you would rather them or stick with Ole :)

Imagine calling yourself a Man Utd fan and rather than being happy with a legend who has got us playing the best football since SAF and has completely transformed the squad in the space of 18 months, you're spending your time on the forum denigrating him and questioning him before the season is even over while we're on an 18 game unbeaten run. Ole has bravely gutted the squad at the expense of his own short-term results, he shipped out expensive and experienced players like Lukaku and Sanchez when it would have been a lot easier to keep them in the squad for short-term gain. We are having a transition season with the youngest squad in the league, had Pogba, Rashford and Martial out for extended periods and we've only improved as we've gone on yet some of you are acting as if we're underperforming. You're saying he can only take us so far, but he's literally only had a full squad for about 11 games and we've been on title winning form and we're breaking records for scoring goals. Whether he can sustain it, who knows? But you'd be mad to let him go now and thankfully the people who decide who manages us aren't the loud minority that frequent this thread.

I could understand if there was a great manager available who you really rated that you'd like to come in, but you can't even name one. What is the point in all your posts, why can't you just enjoy the moment that we're in?

Mainoldo

Didn't think so.

You believe there is a manager out there who can take us forward, but you just don't know who they are. How about you have a look around. 4 big leagues in Europe. Take a look at the managers in them and see how they are getting on. Then decide if you would rather them or stick with Ole :)

Imagine calling yourself a Man Utd fan and rather than being happy with a legend who has got us playing the best football since SAF and has completely transformed the squad in the space of 18 months, you're spending your time on the forum denigrating him and questioning him before the season is even over while we're on an 18 game unbeaten run. Ole has bravely gutted the squad at the expense of his own short-term results, he shipped out expensive and experienced players like Lukaku and Sanchez when it would have been a lot easier to keep them in the squad for short-term gain. We are having a transition season with the youngest squad in the league, had Pogba, Rashford and Martial out for extended periods and we've only improved as we've gone on yet some of you are acting as if we're underperforming. You're saying he can only take us so far, but he's literally only had a full squad for about 10 and we've been on title winning form and we're breaking records for scoring goals. Whether he can sustain it, who knows? But you'd be mad to let him go now and thankfully the people who decide who manages us aren't the loud minority that frequent in this thread.

I could understand if there was a great manager available who you really rated that you'd like to come in, but you can't even name one. What is the point in all your posts, why can't you just enjoy the moment that we're in?
We got there in the end!!! You was just itching to get this off your chest :lol:

Listen it’s match day. I can’t actually be bothered for an Ole debate today. I’m in a good mood. Imagine me calling myself a United fan and being excited for a United game.

Anyway enjoy your day.

GazTheLegend

Great post

We could absolutely gamble, but we've not been let down by Solskjaer so far, and he's put the club above himself so he deserves a chance to reap the benefits of his work.

If next season doesn't match our expectations - then and only then can we think about trying something new. But we have been on an upward trajectory all season long and hopefully that will continue.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Look at the table since Bruno came. It's clear we would have been top 4 if we got him earlier and the call for sacking Ole would have been less. Ole's made some errors that cost us though but for me not getting Bruno earlier is a big reason we are where we are now

Keefy18

Obviously it will be the boards / scouting team's call but if your going to come onto a forum and discuss a certain topic try be informed and offer up suggestions on how to improve on the situation.

Basically saying Ole should probably go but I've no idea whom should step in is redundant.

I'm happy for Ole to continue into next season based on what he's done so a replacement isn't in my mind personally anyway, for those saying get rid they should offer up a suggestion at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.