Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t give a crap what Klopp spent. Pep won a title spending crazy like Mourinho. Your argument is stupid you sound like the Opps. Have that same energy when we continue to spend and someone tells us we brought the title.
Why don't you let your ego aside and start accepting the reality. The point of the comparison is to tell you that we don't have Arab money like PSG & City so we can't have our manager to just splash money on the wrong players and expect the board to just give him more. It's not very difficult to know the difference between succeed and failure when you look at how Klopp & Mourinho spent their money to transform the broken team and what they accomplished, the numbers they spent aren't much different.

Mainoldo

Why don't you let your ego aside and start accepting the reality. The point of the comparison is to tell you that we don't have Arab money like PSG & City so we can't have our manager to just splash money on the wrong players and expect the board to just give him more. It's not very difficult to know the difference between succeed and failure when you look at how Klopp & Mourinho spent their money to transform the broken team and what they accomplished, the numbers they spent aren't much different.
Bro it’s not an ego. You’ve swayed from the original point. I originally said he’s not best fit to win us a title and I hope we don’t hold onto this for too long. Many seem to think he might be and are willing to give this no expiration date until he expires himself like our last 3 managers. This then led us to talk about Mourinho where I was identifying when things should have ended. You then for some reason want to re-write history and explain to me how this is totally different and Mourinho never got anything right. Which I find confusing when he literally got us back in the Champions league then delivered our best season since Fergie retired. But we are moving off topic.

My main point is I hope we are planning for the next step after Ole, however I wouldn’t be surprised if we aren’t and end up knee jerking our next appointment. Like Jose was at the time.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bro it’s not an ego. You’ve swayed from the original point. I originally said he’s not best fit to win us a title and I hope we don’t hold onto this for too long. Many seem to think he might be and are willing to give this no expiration date until he expires himself like our last 3 managers. This then led us to talk about Mourinho where I was identifying when things should have ended. You then for some reason want to re-write history and explain to me how this is totally different and Mourinho never got anything right. Which I find confusing when he literally got us back in the Champions league then delivered our best season since Fergie retired. But we are moving off topic.

My main point is I hope we are planning for the next step after Ole, however I wouldn’t be surprised if we aren’t and end up knee jerking our next appointment. Like Jose was at the time.
Not being funny.. But the actual Jose story is so repetitive it’s boring. He came in won trophies got us to finals and them imploded. We went from a team of softies to the second best team in the league playing crap football. I don’t see where he actually failed. We failed him by not giving him his players (thank god) and not seeing the signs of when the right time to let him go was. Champs league Seville. Spurs are going to do the exact same thing and it’s going to be a glorious watch.

Ole has done an amazing job or bringing back the roots which was ripped out the day Moyes came in but I feel (strong opinion) the longer we let this guy stick this out the longer his level of management calibure is going to ruin the chances of making this current crop become Champions. So I see no problem in giving him another year if he gets up Champs qualification. But for the love of god don’t extend his contract.
Your point is that Jose didn't fail and you use a boring excuse of he wasn't backed.

In reality he was backed & spent the same amount of Klopp spent and he only got us into CL spot and we were going backward in his 3rd season.The project is to win major trophy. The project doesn't just stop in us being qualify for CL spot or reached 2nd place and going backward. On top of it due to his transfer strategy, he left the club in a mess for Ole. That's a failure mate. Not difficult to understand.

Mainoldo

Your point is that Jose didn't fail and you use a boring excuse of he wasn't backed.

In reality he was backed & spent the same amount of Klopp spent and he only got us into CL spot and we were going backward in his 3rd season.The project is to win major trophy. The project doesn't just stop in us being qualify for CL spot or reached 2nd place and going backward. On top of it due to his transfer strategy, he left the club in a mess for Ole. That's a failure mate. Not difficult to understand.
Have you got a comprehension issue? :lol:

Read the bold part again.. I also went on to agree he’s a short term manager and we had long term goals. You know like protecting the development of Rashford and Martial.

Just move on.. as I already said we are having two different arguments. I’m fully aware of where Jose went wrong I might my feelings known a lot at the time :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
Why not a ‘Decide at the end of the season’ option? Which is where I stand on, but because the option does not exist I had to vote ‘to keep Ole’.

I believe that having a clear view of his work can be done only when the season is finished. Still not clear if there has been an amazing improvement, or it is another purple patch.
Probably because with 2 matches left to play in the league, a semi-final in the FA Cup and a few matches in Europe, people really should be able to decide if they want him as manager or not.

crossy1686

career ending
I’d love to hear who the 23% would replace Solskjaer with at the end of the season, and how they envisage that change panning out next season.

They’re quick to throw criticism at Solskjaer but I doubt any of them have any clear idea or plan of what they actually want.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Have you got a comprehension issue? :lol:

Read the bold part again.. I also went on to agree he’s a short term manager and we had long term goals. You know like protecting the development of Rashford and Martial.

Just move on.. as I already said we are having two different arguments. I’m fully aware of where Jose went wrong I might my feelings known a lot at the time :lol:
This is actually annoying. Thank you for explaining the manager Mourinho is. If anything it just proves blind hindsight, probably on your behalf to, on the simple fact you are explaining to me what Mourinho does like we didn’t see it before and didn’t witness it first hand at our club even though a lot of us was warned!

Now back to what I actually said. Jose Mourinho was successful in achieving what Jose Mourinho does. I repeat.. he turned a club that lost it’s fear factor and came in and made England hate us again. He brought a Europa league in his first season and turned a team that finished 6th into the second best team in England. Was it pretty? No. Was his previous Chelsea team pretty? No. Did he fall short in Europe with dreadful negative tactics? Yes. Did he get technically done over with a title winning Chelsea against PSG too? Yes.

At the end of the day we got what we paid for. You telling me he blew money, made the environment toxic and left the next manager with a depleted dressing room is not new to anyone who’s followed Mourinho except for you apparently.

If United had gave him Perisic like he asked for we might have been a lot closer to City. I mean Perisic would have provided Lukaku with an extra 10 goals. So let’s stop pretending we didn’t get what we asked for. City was just too good and Jose like certain tools to work. Ed didn’t provide him with that remember? I’m sure there’s millions of post with that view. Even though I didn’t agree as he was backed.

Now let’s just hope hindsight doesn’t bite us in the backside again with Ole as I’m fed up of being right about these poor misjudgments with who you allow to lead us back to the top.
How many of different post you want me to requote it for you? Just read that bold mark!

You literary defending him by saying he wasn't backed and the money we gave on Jose pretty much fair to what Jose accomplished. In reality he was backed and he didn't do good job. He spent the same amount of money as Klopp and sent us backward which left the next manager Ole in a mess when took in charge.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
@Mainoldo

It's funny isn't it? Ever since I mentioned "Klopp", you decided to run away from what you said and trying to find an excuse that we are talking different things. It's funny how we had couple of posts talking the same argument before and all of sudden you are playing dumb with it. :lol:

Mainoldo

@Mainoldo

It's funny isn't it? Ever since I mentioned "Klopp", you decided to run away from what you said and trying to find an excuse that we are talking different things. It's funny how we had couple of posts talking the same argument before and all of sudden you are playing dumb with it. :lol:
:lol: Give it a rest. I’m going to get a Cafe restraining order. I’m not debating Klopp because I’m not talking about Klopp. I’m not debating Jose wasting money either. He brought 2 CB’s and wanted another 1 CB.. who’s fault is that. However Ole might need another CB again. I don’t think many complain about how he’s spending his money if it improves us. Jose would have failed anyway.. but who would have known where that team could have ended up if we got him his CB, funnily enough Maguire being one of those targets. I just think it’s silly to not identify his achievements and that he write his own downfall by failing to work with what he had. May I point out again.. we made Ole work with what he had and he wasn’t doing very well until Bruno came. Are you going to tell me Ole wasn’t backed? ;)

Zen86

:lol: Give it a rest. I’m going to get a Cafe restraining order. I’m not debating Klopp because I’m not talking about Klopp. I’m not debating Jose wasting money either. He brought 2 CB’s and wanted another 1 CB.. who’s fault is that. However Ole might need another CB again. I don’t think many complain about how he’s spending his money if it improves us. Jose would have failed anyway.. but who would have known where that team could have ended up if we got him his CB, funnily enough Maguire being one of those targets. I just think it’s silly to not identify his achievements and that he write his own downfall by failing to work with what he had. May I point out again.. we made Ole work with what he had and he wasn’t doing very well until Bruno came. Are you going to tell me Ole wasn’t backed? ;)
All our players have got better under Ole, all our players got worse under Jose.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You don't need to debate on Klopp, I only used him as an example of how manager can be called success/not fail and I don't know what you are trying to debate on that. Let's don't make things complicated for yourself. You clearly made a clear statement that Jose wasn't backed & for the money he was given, you believe he made a good accomplishment. When the reality it's the exact opposite. So let's don't play dumb that you didn't make such a statement.

Ole was showing a complete different progress to Mourinho. Ever since we drew 1-1 to Liverpool, there was glimpse lot of positive things of what he's trying to do so it wasn't just until Bruno came. Whether Ole will finish the project or no, no one know but the guy is leading the club to the right direction while Mourinho didn't and it was disaster what Mourinho did given the amount of money he spent.

Keefy18

Now back to what I actually said. Jose Mourinho was successful in achieving what Jose Mourinho does. I repeat.. he turned a club that lost it’s fear factor and came in and made England hate us again. He brought a Europa league in his first season and turned a team that finished 6th into the second best team in England. Was it pretty? No. Was his previous Chelsea team pretty? No. Did he fall short in Europe with dreadful negative tactics? Yes. Did he get technically done over with a title winning Chelsea against PSG too? Yes.
Sorry but your posts are complete revisionist man.

We're we hated, yes. Our own feckin supporters hated us we were that bad in every sense of the word. Our rivals didn't hate us, they were busting their asses laughing at us, he managed to turn many of our own supporters against the players and club and himself.

We were not feared at all.

And just a correction although we did win the Europa league, it was on the back of a truly abysmal season of finishing 6th... he didn't take a 6th placed team over, he took over an FA Cup winning side that finished level on points with Man City in 5th the summer prior. One year on, we dropped a placed and won a cup, which is logically worse than how LVG left us.

If United had gave him Perisic like he asked for we might have been a lot closer to City. I mean Perisic would have provided Lukaku with an extra 10 goals. So let’s stop pretending we didn’t get what we asked for. City was just too good and Jose like certain tools to work. Ed didn’t provide him with that remember? I’m sure there’s millions of post with that view. Even though I didn’t agree as he was backed.

Now let’s just hope hindsight doesn’t bite us in the backside again with Ole as I’m fed up of being right about these poor misjudgments with who you allow to lead us back to the top.
This argument is utterly redundant.

He wanted to sell an inform Martial who was performing for him with a goal involvement every 84 mins and get an ageing, run of the mill Perisic for the short term? Signing Perisic was not going to be the deciding factor in closing a 19 point gap.

I argued the same on the Martial thread, he had one of the best wide attacking players in Europe arguably in Martial from Aug 17 to Jan 18, then decided to feck him over and phase him out by signing Sanchez.

I'll let the numbers talk for themselves Mainoldo for the 17/18 season...

Martial played 1,582 mins in the Premier league and was involved in 14 goal involvements. Goal involvement 1.2
Perisic played 3,317 mins in the Italian league and was involved in 22 goal involvements. Goal involvement 1.6

Martial overall only managed half the mins playing time in all comps compared to Perisic just in the league yet remained more consistent than him.

Jose got the players he wanted by his own admission and refused to sell players to lower the wage bill and raise funds and made absolutely idiotic purchases, that's it in a nutshell as to why he failed miserably.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Before Bruno, our results weren't reflecting the performances. We beat Chelsea twice, beat City, Spurs and Leicester, drew with Pool who were in fantastic form. We struggled against teams that sat back and introduction of Bruno meant that we accelerated the process of transition.
I don't think there is a single player who didn't go up a level under Ole even before Bruno's arrival

Keefy18

It's absolutely surreal we have even just one supporter praising him in anyway shape or form.

Our lowest point probably going back to our relegation in the 70s was Jose's last game vs Liverpool. We were utterly smashed off the field that day and worse was even before a whistle was blown everyone bar the deluded Joseites saw it coming.

They set a record 36 shots attempted in a game against us in December 2018.

Jose was fighting with the board, the players and the media.
Our supporters were protesting the board
Our players were completely and utterly beat down and being shamed in the media by him
Players being phased out unfairly for performing (Martial for example)
Slated the clubs history in Europe.
All this before we get to the s*it on a stick football where Fellaini, Matic, Zlatan and Lukaku were basically just used as battering rams for hoof football and fighting for boring wins or at best draws more often then not.

It was an absolute s*it show in December and Ole and his team deserve nothing but praise for doing such an incredibly quick u-turn all things considered.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
I don’t know man, when Jose was sacked my first instinct was to think that Ole could be a great caretaker manager, before the announcement came. His CV is all I had to go by and it wasn’t impressive. But it was good enough to take us to till the end of that terrible last season.

But what he showed was a naive enthusiasm and a belief that United could do it and could do it well. And if someone were to preside over a rebuild, I really preferred it to be someone like Ole. Someone who understood what the club was or had become under Fergie. Someone who had coached here in formative years.

The same way I do prefer us to nurture Greenwood and have him reach footballing heights with us Instead of buying a superstar. Because that is how you build lasting success. Your Di Marias would leave. But your Rashfords and Greenwoods will stay. Because football is not just business. It’s not robots coaching robots on where to move and where to be on the pitch. The human element plays a huge role, and Ole understands that.

May be you are right, may be it is obvious to you already. May be it will have to turn bitter for hopeless fans like myself to see the writing on the wall. But until then, Ole in. Because I don’t see a better person to be the manager given where we are, and given where we could go.
Great post.

Mainoldo

Sorry but your posts are complete revisionist man.

We're we hated, yes. Our own feckin supporters hated us we were that bad in every sense of the word. Our rivals didn't hate us, they were busting their asses laughing at us, he managed to turn many of our own supporters against the players and club and himself.

We were not feared at all.

And just a correction although we did win the Europa league, it was on the back of a truly abysmal season of finishing 6th... he didn't take a 6th placed team over, he took over an FA Cup winning side that finished level on points with Man City in 5th the summer prior. One year on, we dropped a placed and won a cup, which is logically worse than how LVG left us.

This argument is utterly redundant.

He wanted to sell an inform Martial who was performing for him with a goal involvement every 84 mins and get an ageing, run of the mill Perisic for the short term? Signing Perisic was not going to be the deciding factor in closing a 19 point gap.

I argued the same on the Martial thread, he had one of the best wide attacking players in Europe arguably in Martial from Aug 17 to Jan 18, then decided to feck him over and phase him out by signing Sanchez.

I'll let the numbers talk for themselves Mainoldo for the 17/18 season...

Martial played 1,582 mins in the Premier league and was involved in 14 goal involvements. Goal involvement 1.2
Perisic played 3,317 mins in the Italian league and was involved in 22 goal involvements. Goal involvement 1.6

Martial overall only managed half the mins playing time in all comps compared to Perisic just in the league yet remained more consistent than him.

Jose got the players he wanted by his own admission and refused to sell players to lower the wage bill and raise funds and made absolutely idiotic purchases, that's it in a nutshell as to why he failed miserably.
I hated Mourinho with a passion. Cheers for reminding me of his stupidity. The took over a team that finished 5th on goal difference is my favourite. I just hope you was with me in the trenches when I pointed that out a couple years ago and got a bag of excuses.

Anyway my argument is quite clear. We had an opportunity to let his contract run down and replace him whilst he teased us with PSG. But as you can see by these inbeaten runs in this thread his status were pretty amazing at the time and it seemed like the right thing to do. Do you reckon if we did a back or sack vote back then it would look pretty similar to the voting pole now?

MalcolmTucker

I hated Mourinho with a passion. Cheers for reminding me of his stupidity. The took over a team that finished 5th on goal difference is my favourite. I just hope you was with me in the trenches when I pointed that out a couple years ago and got a bag of excuses.

Anyway my argument is quite clear. We had an opportunity to let his contract run down and replace him whilst he teased us with PSG. But as you can see by these inbeaten runs in this thread his status were pretty amazing at the time and it seemed like the right thing to do. Do you reckon if we did a back or sack vote back then it would look pretty similar to the voting pole now?
Your argument isn't clear. You say how rubbish you thought Jose was in every other post then go on to tell us why he wasn't - then when people bat away your flimsy points you go back to saying how much you hated Jose like the rest of us without addressing them. It's obvious that you're only playing (red) devil's advocate as a way to play down Ole's management. I'd say your argument isn't clear but the reason you're making it is.

Mainoldo

Your argument isn't clear. You say how rubbish you thought Jose was in every other post then go on to tell us why he wasn't - then when people bat away your flimsy points you go back to saying how much you hated Jose like the rest of us without addressing them. It's obvious that you're only playing (red) devil's advocate as a way to play down Ole's management. I'd say your argument isn't clear but the reason you're making it is.
He passed the right to manage us in his first two seasons. His trajectory was in line with Peps but he failed to deliver a title. With reference to Ole.... if he gets Champs league he qualifies for a second season.

People said Jose failed but looking back at his run he did exactly what he’s CV says he does. I don’t get what’s so hard to grasp. Does this need to be a face to face conversation just so I can dumb down the point I was making from the start?

Foxbatt

Why is this relevant to Ole's performance? This is the problem, people's expectations are ridiculous. Do people actually think part of his job is to teach Maguire how to head it in from 12 yards out?

I see posts after games we've won comfortably complaining that we're never able to fully dominate for a full 90 minutes. Guess what? We're playing against premier league football teams, of course the game is going to have ebbs and flows! It's not the Scottish Premiership, it's the toughest league in the world and we're still a young developing side.

The 99 side drew more games than we will this season. The 01/02 side lost more games, it's football!
Of course it is as he is the manager. A near post corner is more difficult to defend than a simple straight forward one.
This is the point I am making. We are too simple in our corners. We scored the winner in the cl by Ole with a near post flick by Teddy.
Yet we always take a straight corner for Maguire to head.

He'sRaldo

He passed the right to manage us in his first two seasons. His trajectory was in line with Peps but he failed to deliver a title. With reference to Ole.... if he gets Champs league he qualifies for a second season.

People said Jose failed but looking back at his run he did exactly what he’s CV says he does. I don’t get what’s so hard to grasp. Does this need to be a face to face conversation just so I can dumb down the point I was making from the start?
Your point is clear.

You could even argue that LVG and Moyes did exactly what they were expected to do given their recent history. Moyes with the mediocrity, and LVG with the youth products and somewhat boring football. So that's 3 for 3.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
United will be paying heavily for Jose's reign for years. How anyone can defend most parts of his management during his time at the club is beyond belief. Thankfully, Woodward learnt from his mistake and got rid before more irreversible damage could be done.

Foxbatt

In hindsight it's easy to say that Jose should have never been given the job. Yes he won us two trophies but the scars he left is too vivid. Full credit to Woodward for doing something right for once and refused to get rid of some players Jose wanted sold.
I have changed my mind on Ole after hearing his interview. A man who accept his mistakes is the real deal.
He should be given backing and next season to see if he makes any progress. Backing him is extremely important.
We need three players at least.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Of course it is as he is the manager. A near post corner is more difficult to defend than a simple straight forward one.
This is the point I am making. We are too simple in our corners. We scored the winner in the cl by Ole with a near post flick by Teddy.
Yet we always take a straight corner for Maguire to head.
There's no exact science with corners. The reason why so few goals are scored from corner kicks. To be fair, we have been hitting the first man very often over the last few seasons without much success.

MalcolmTucker

He earned the right to manage in the first season just about, despite our league position being worse than it was the year before but I'd say the line-up, performance and comments he made after the Sevilla defeat means he didn't pass the right to go into a third season. Everyone saw where it was going, including you by your own admission, but unfortunately Ed was too slow to end the misery. Jose broke world transfer records and bloated our wage bill to be the 2nd highest in the world so with the resources he had available to him, he failed just like our previous two managers.

Also, not sure why you need a face to face conversation to dumb down your arguments, you do realise words have the same meaning when spoken or written right? :lol:

rotherham_red

@UNITED ACADEMY @Keefy18 @Zen86 why do you guys bother arguing with him? He's beyond reason.

Though at least there's been some progress with him, and in his infinite wisdom, he has decreed that Ole has done a good job... In August and September he was counting down the days til Ole was sacked, and said he'll be ready and waiting for my apology when the deed was done :lol:

Foxbatt

There's no exact science with corners. The reason why so few goals are scored from corner kicks. To be fair, we have been hitting the first man very often over the last few seasons without much success.
There is a pattern to it. Just look at good set pieces. We have been hitting their first man and not our players to flick it on. I really don't understand why some people think it's easy to defend against near post flicks? Once it's flicked then there are many variations to it.

lysglimt

Scout
When the situation here was at its most anti-OGS - a bunch wanted him sacked and basically ridiculing him for not being good enough for the job. Then there were quite a few who wanted him sacked, but basically said that sacking him alone wouldn't be enough - and that the entire club neeeded to restructure, DOF etc - basically - OGS is crap, but it's not his fault.

Well - here we are, he and his coaches have turned the club around - without a DOF, without a complete restructure. Doesn't that really say a lot about what a job he has done ? I haven't been this positive about United since Ferguson left. Sure we aren't there left, but now I see more possibilities than problems.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
United will be paying heavily for Jose's reign for years. How anyone can defend most parts of his management during his time at the club is beyond belief. Thankfully, Woodward learnt from his mistake and got rid before more irreversible damage could be done.
I think it's the LVG years that have had the most long term negative effect. In hindsight, it was a diabolical reign with hideous transfers and football.

rotherham_red

When the situation here was at its most anti-OGS - a bunch wanted him sacked and basically ridiculing him for not being good enough for the job. Then there were quite a few who wanted him sacked, but basically said that sacking him alone wouldn't be enough - and that the entire club neeeded to restructure, DOF etc - basically - OGS is crap, but it's not his fault.

Well - here we are, he and his coaches have turned the club around - without a DOF, without a complete restructure. Doesn't that really say a lot about what a job he has done ? I haven't been this positive about United since Ferguson left. Sure we aren't there left, but now I see more possibilities than problems.
Bask in it, my friend... Like you, I backed him to the hilt, and I'm delighted that he's managed to turn it around.

I've said it before, but if you actually looked at our squad last season and the start of this, you could realistically have argued that we needed two seasons' of transition at a minimum, even with the signings that we made.

That's why for me, his biggest achievement has been to essentially condense two seasons' worth of transition in to one. We more than likely won't be challenging next year, but we'll make a damn sight better fist of it next summer, than previous years, provided he gets properly backed with three signings (including Sancho).

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Bask in it, my friend... Like you, I backed him to the hilt, and I'm delighted that he's managed to turn it around.

I've said it before, but if you actually looked at our squad last season and the start of this, you could realistically have argued that we needed two seasons' of transition at a minimum, even with the signings that we made.
That's why for me, his biggest achievement has been to essentially condense two seasons' worth of transition in to one.
We more than likely won't be challenging next year, but we'll make a damn sight better fist of it next summer, than previous years, provided he gets properly backed with three signings (including Sancho).
Totally agree.

At start of season, the squad looked threadbare and lacking in quality. It was obvious we'd decided on another reset, but looked like it would take a long time. Moyes/LVG/Mourinho left behind a total mishmash of players, a confused and rudderless culture and a rapidly declining trajectory.

And to successfully overhaul all of that without sacrificing any league position under the intense pressure of Manchester United, and create a squad with huge potential and an upward trajectory is a Herculean achievement.

I've also backed Ole to the hilt and am really enjoying supporting the club again.

90 + 5min

What progress? Worst season in 30 years? No CL football even with horrific seasons from Arsenal and Tottenham? Chelsea ahead of us after losing their best player and having a transfer ban?

Why does Ole get credit for the 'turnaround' since February but no blame for the horrible first half? Why does he get a pass because of injuries when 1) he repeated a thousand times he's extremely happy with the squad, and 2) he directly played a part in some of those injuries? Martial missed more time this season than all the seasons before combined. He rushed Pogba back vs f-in Rochdale and lost him for the season. He played Rashford with back problems and lost him for months. You know why? Because he knows he has no depth, but still openly lies he's super happy with the squad. He blatantly refused to play Matić in the first half only for him to literally save his job in December. He then tried to bench him again first game post restart and almost lost because of it.

Again, can you tell me what progress have we made? Certainly not in points, trophies or quality of play. He signed two defenders for 100+ million and still had the longest run without a clean sheet in 4 decades.

How can you people watch SAF for so many years, watch Pep and Klopp now, and then look at Ole and think 'yup, this is the guy that'll take us to those heights again'?

It should be telling enough that the only 'arguments' in his favor are that people literally have to pretend and convince themselves that the worst season in 30 years is an improvement and have nothing else to say in his favor other than 'but look at these other managers, they did it, so Ole will too for sure'...

The whole point is: before the start of the season everyone agreed we were the 3rd or 4th best team in the league. No one put Arsenal above us, no one put Chelsea above us with their ban. CL qualification was the bare minimum requirement before the start. The Ole stunk the place up, then improved upon said 'stunking' and now if he chokes, we don't qualify, don't win either of the 2 cups he should stay because he managed to almost reach the initial goal after majorly underachieving most of the season?

Get higher standards ffs
If you dont see where we were before Solskjaer took over and where we are now, then you have to start looking at football in other way. You seem to judge only by titles? Right? Well, football isn't that easy. It is not Football Manager. It is about, not just team, but also about club as whole.

Being worst season, looking at points, doesn't mean anything. Or do you mean that this Liverpool team or ManCity teams or Leicester team were better than us under 90s or 2000 because their title winning teams had more points? So in other hand you seem to think that Klopp / Guardiola / Ranieri were better the Ferguson?

Injuries? If you don't know how it works with injuries and getting go ahead by doctors so managers can play them, don't write. You are so wrong.

Klopp? It took him 4 years to get his first trophy in Liverpool. It wasn't exactly so that he won everything as soon as he got there. It took time. Time you seem to not give to Solskjaer for some reason. Looking at your post it seems to me that you are angry. And that you don't like Solskjaer on personal level.

AneRu

We are playing well and in a strong position to finish a difficult season strongly. But if in late August we end up with nothing e.g no top four, no FA Cup or no EL then questions have to be asked and even if he gets to keep his job he will have to ring changes to his coaching set up to add something that is missing from a tactical point of view especially our play with the ball.

There was a time I was firmly 'Ole out' and I will carry my cross but still the fact remains that at this moment even though we are playing well, results wise, we still haven't achieved anything yet. We are where we were last season after PSG where we went on to throw the rest of the season away. Surely a repeat of that can't just be swept under the rug and we pat ourselves on the back claiming that it's a learning curve, again.

Tyrion

Moronic comment. We’re within reach of 3rd, and still in the FA Cup and EL. This could be a good season for us. But you’re clearly not going to recognise that

People knew Mourinho would drag the team down because of what he said in public, the players we bought, and the way we played. That was clear as day to most of us, as is what is happening with the club now.

Even Solskjær has won a trophy ;)
It could be a good season for us (not great but good) and could be an awful season for us. I recognise both possibilities. I consider it far more moronic to ignore the bad possibilities because it "could" be a good season which is what you're doing. Also, saying my post is moronic doesn't disprove my point so if that's the best you can come up with, dont waste our time.

But by your logic, we were on a good run so all criticisms are moronic and stupid. Or does that only apply now?

And Brendan Rodgers won about 3 trebles in Scotland. Using your "logic", he did better than SAF only winning one. ;)

Giggsyking

I still want him sacked and I think he is not good enough.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Absolutely useless team selection from Ole. If you’re gonna play a strong team might as well go full out and start a strong XI or play a makeshift second XI. Doesn’t make any sense to start Bruno, Rashford and Matic and leave Pogba, Greenwood and Martial on the bench. Where is the trust in your squad? Why didn’t Romero start? Why isn’t he resting players who clearly need a rest?

Bojan11

Meh. Next two games are our cup finals.

Drop De Gea and realise you made a mistake signing James.

Dr. StrangeHate

Meh. Next two games are our cup finals.

Drop De Gea and realise you made a mistake signing James.
Beat Chelsea all season, lose in cup. Beat City all season, lose in cup. If we call it our cup finals we are guaranteed to lose. Best for us to consider them dead rubbers, we rise up for those.

AaronRedDevil

This is what I've been saying for ages now. Theres no need to play the same damn players every single match. Yeah we dont have that much dept but we DO have replacement for certain positions. It's just dumb how he's running his best 11 into the ground and the same players having a game every 3 days isn't good for anybody. And you people are shocked the team looks tired and out of energy..
..no shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.