Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So still can't actually debate any of it?

I assume I'm included in the "they" you speak of? Because I've not cried once today, or throughout the season. If you you're unable to accept different views and discuss them then a forum probably isn't the place for you.
Of course everybody has different views. I wasn't referring to you specifically but there have been fans slagging Ole off regardless of whether we win or lose. They were ready to unload if we didn't get top 4 but that plan has been thwarted.

You know exactly what we are talking about.

b82REZ

When no-one expected him yo make it? Even woodward?
you're gutted he wasn't. Boo Hoo. Such a shame you cant enjoy today like the rest of us.
Wtf are you on about? I'm delighted today.

Just because you don't think CL qualification was the minimum expectation doesn't make it true.

You really are a terrible poster.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sack Ole Brigade (captured for posterity)

@MrSingh2002 please threadmark!

Ban them all.

Then delete this rotten thread.
You two won't be out of place in modern-day China's censorship apparatus. Freedom of speech is the point of discussion forums. This kind of shite (from both sides) is exactly what stops fruitful discussions.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We were terrible under fergie as well when it came to games such as these. He always set us up defensively.
I think the Caf has forgotten the term "Ferige time". And we didn't get "Fergie time" because we had put the game to bed every single week. There is some enormous 'grass is greener' mentality going on here sometimes.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Just because you don't think CL qualification was the minimum expectation doesn't make it true.
And yet still slating the club and Ole every time you can. Yeah right. If you say so.
It's impossible you are enjoying today as much as those of us who backed Ole.
Emotions don't work that way. You need to invest first, to get returns later.

As for your little insult, thats all your now left with. Petty insults at Ole fans. You're going to hate next season :lol:

imamuppet

Congratulation to Ole and his team and congratulations to all the players and congratulations to all those who work at Manchester United.

Fantastic achievement to recover from where we were.

As to the bitters, you can bet your house on it, they cant wait and are hoping for things to turn sour so they can say they told us so.....

Such petty people, come on Utd

:) :)

Rajma

I don’t see it in him to bring us back to a very top and I rather our club be proactive (LVG and Jose managed to scrape it to CL too as we passed on much better managers because of that during those summers and where did it get us at the end?) but now you can at least make an argument for him to remain here I guess. He’s incredibly nice guy but I see so many tactical holes in our setup it’s very difficult for me to believe he can somehow eradicate those in the upcoming season.

However, irrespective of how he does next season he will absolutely leave us in a much healthy state than he’s arrived to.

OleBoiii

You two won't be out of place in modern-day China's censorship apparatus. Freedom of speech is the point of discussion forums. This kind of shite (from both sides) is exactly what stops fruitful discussions.
Tongue in cheek obviously :p

Having said that: you're on the list now!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There was nothing fruitful or constructive by the consistent hateful agenda against OGS, from his own 'supporters' no less.

Keefy18

He deserved to be sacked if he didn't qualify for CL.
No he didn't.
  • Ole f*cked out a tonne of dead wood last summer
  • Ole invested his time and efforts into young players including YTS like Greenwood and Williams. Showed faith in Martial and Rashford to lead our line instead of Lukaku and Sanchez!
  • Turned us from an ageing, boring, defensive team lacking fitness and an attitude that stunk to a young, attack minded team that can retain possession and counter attack
  • 7 Clean sheets to 13
  • Goals conceded down from 54 to 36
  • Vastly improved our injury record from last season
  • Vastly improved our overall fitness
  • Arguably improved all players across the squad, can't think of a player that has regressed
  • Bruno is a revelation
  • Just the 88 goal involvements from our front 3 (60 in the league)
  • Still the Europa to play in
That's just some of the reasons he should of kept his job even if he didn't make top 4...but he did.

b82REZ

And yet still slating the club and Ole every time you can. Yeah right. If you say so.
It's impossible you are enjoying today as much as those of us who backed Ole.
Emotions don't work that way. You need to invest first, to get returns later.

As for your little insult, thats all your now left with. Petty insults at Ole fans. You're going to hate next season :lol:
Please quote once where I've slated Ole and the club at any given opportunity or stop chatting shit.

Kag

If ever a thread needed closing it was this one.

Exactly which debate is it furthering at this point? It’s a swamp.

van Persie

Congratulation to Ole and his team and congratulations to all the players and congratulations to all those who work at Manchester United.

Fantastic achievement to recover from where we were.

As to the bitters, you can bet your house on it, they cant wait and are hoping for things to turn sour so they can say they told us so.....

Such petty people, come on Utd

:) :)
That is the United mentality. We overcome adversity. From the Busby babes. The comeback kings. We won again and we still got a title to fight for.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He has a long way to go but for now, let him build whatever he started.

Foxbatt

He is being praised for not only for finishing third but for qualifying for the CL.
He is going to be praised more if we win the EL.
It doesn't change some people's minds that he is good enough to win the PL or CL.
The proof is in the pudding.
I really don't understand why some of the Ole fans think that some United fans want him out just because his name is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?
In my opinion they don't want him because they think he is not good enough to win the PL and CL.
They have a right to express their views. Others think he is good enough. They have a right to express their views. None of the parties are correct yet. He may win or he may not win.
What I am sure is that all United fans are happy that we are in the CL and may we continue our march forward and win trophies.

Paul_Scholes18

He is being praised for not only for finishing third but for qualifying for the CL.
He is going to be praised more if we win the EL.
It doesn't change some people's minds that he is good enough to win the PL or CL.
The proof is in the pudding.
I really don't understand why some of the Ole fans think that some United fans want him out just because his name is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?
In my opinion they don't want him because they think he is not good enough to win the PL and CL.
They have a right to express their views. Others think he is good enough. They have a right to express their views. None of the parties are correct yet. He may win or he may not win.
What I am sure is that all United fans are happy that we are in the CL and may we continue our march forward and win trophies.
Agree! Well said.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Time to lock thread. The fans want Ole even if you don't want him there is now 100% chance he isn't going anywhere after getting third

b82REZ

No he didn't.

• Ole f*cked out a tonne of dead wood last summer Did he? Sanchez is still ours and the clearing of deadwood left us dangerously light over the winter.
  • Ole invested his time and efforts into young players including YTS like Greenwood and Williams IMO would have broken through regardless, but credit where its due for Williams. Still not enough to keep him if he didn't get CL.
  • Turned us from an ageing, boring, defensive team lacking fitness and an attitude that stunk to a young, attack minded team that can retain possession and counter attack I strongly disagree with this assessment. We are breathtaking at times but we have no defined style and many of the complaints about Ole's tactics have been justified.
  • 7 Clean sheets to 13 Big Plus
  • Goals conceded down from 54 to 36 Big Plus
  • Vastly improved our injury record from last season Bullshit. Do you not remember how mang injuries we had during the winter?
  • Vastly improved our overall fitness Nope. Still looked gassed after 70 mins in most games and we really have stumbled over the libe due to fatigue.
  • Arguably improved all players across the squad, can't think of a player that has regressed Some have improved, some have regressed.
  • Bruno is a revelation Agreed, but I don't think that's down to Ole.
  • Just the 88 goal involvements from our front 3 (60 in the league) The work he's done with the front three is excellent.
  • Still the Europa to play in Yep and no pressure on it now.
That's just some of the reasons he should of kept his job even if he didn't make top 4...but he did.
In your opinion. In mine none of the reasons you listed are enough to allow him to continue if he didn't get CL. But he has and I'm delighted. I genuinely hope we do kick on now.

John Blund

I'm still behind Ole, as I've been all season. I was pissed after the loss against Burnley, but I still felt the transfers and the changes he had done were good for us in the long run.

Regarding Moyes rant about him not getting enough time - we've seen what type of football he prefers. He had a small club mentality.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why are those who were the loudest after our draw to WHU or loss to Chelsea not posting tonight?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Tongue in cheek obviously :p

Having said that: you're on the list now!
Fine but not sure about the other guy. He seems to want to hunt all 'detractors' down personally. Completely inappropriate.

roseguy64

It wasn't. I don't think even Ole expected us to make top 4 at the start of the season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Implement attacking football? Check
Reinvigorate the squad? Check
Change the culture of the club? Check
Promote youth? Check
Sign quality players? Check
Sell the deadwood? Check

His first full season by the way chaps. First full season. Let's give the guy some respect.

Mainoldo

@Mainoldo where art thou? :)
:lol: I’m here man. Just taking in all these silly ban members who wanted a better manager post.

But glad we got over the line. Couldn’t bare another Europa league campaign.

But we all know I’ll be back in here next season.

Paul_Scholes18

Time to lock thread. The fans want Ole even if you don't want him there is now 100% chance he isn't going anywhere after getting third
Still think it is good to have a thread that discuss Oles future with us. He is not getting sacked for sure, but we can discuss if there are better options.
Just like we do with players.

BlueHaze

This has now gone to posters out trying to prove a point against others to ridicule and belittle the opinions of both sides rather than actual genuine discussion. Time for a mod to lock it imo.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Where would the whiners go to vent their frustrations if we closed this thread?

Does no one think of the whiners?

Pfft.

Status
Not open for further replies.