Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole end of season & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lee565

I am in but I do also think his summer transfer business was not very good.

FatherWolff

:lol: I’m here man. Just taking in all these silly ban members who wanted a better manager post.

But glad we got over the line. Couldn’t bare another Europa league campaign.

But we all know I’ll be back in here next season.
Thankfully we have Ole, and not Tuchel doing to us what Emery did to Arsenal.

we are building something, and people need to realise it is not an on/off switch. Culture and better players. And less moaning fans is a big step in the right direction. Like I said to you several times. Positive energy

Sentient Meat

So just to be clear, have you changed your vote to "keep Ole"?
No. And I just explained why.
But my mind is open if we continue the upward arc next season.

It kind of renders polls pointless if people change back and forth depending on the trend of the season.

I've gone from hopeless to more optimistic about his chances of success. So if you make a poll asking me that... that's what I'd say.

Matriac

No. And I just explained why.
But my mind is open if we continue the upward arc next season.

It kind of renders polls pointless if people change back and forth depending on the trend of the season.

I've gone from hopeless to more optimistic about his chances of success. So if you make a poll asking me that... that's what I'd say.

I think the question a lot of the posters have is if you have changed your vote in regards to if you would want him to be sacked right now. Not if you support him to be our manager for many seasons ahead. You ended your post saying he's now earned the right to operate without an axe over his head. That is essentially saying he's earned the right to not be sacked right now.

I know the other poll option says back to finish a rebuild. That could probably be worded differently, as most who have voted this option means he's proved the right to get backing during the summer for transfers and at least half a season more unless we totally implode by Christmas. That we should now all be backing the manager and not be calling for his sacking even if we get a loss in the first few games of the next season.

Aresma7

Still very much on the fence to be honest. For now I'll keep the sack vote, since I think there are significantly more competent managers out there. It would be great if he could make it work though, and there are encouraging signs in some ways.

Just praying for Champions League tomorrow. Feels like the clubs trajectory is on a knifes edge.
So sack something thats perling just because YOU think he is less compent. Are you competent to know WHOs competent?

TrustInJanuzaj

Some absolutely clueless people in here as usual and as for the reason why people are shouting your opinions down, you simply can't reason with stupid.

14 points, that is how far we were behind Leicester in January and still managed finish 3rd.
That had more to do with Leicester picking up a miserable 24 points in 22 games :lol:

But yeah, since mid-December we’ve been much improved and have ended the PL on a high. I’d imagine we’re an attractive proposition again for some excellent players, let’s see where next season takes us.

Sentient Meat

I think the question a lot of the posters have is if you have changed your vote in regards to if you would want him to be sacked right now. Not if you support him to be our manager for many seasons ahead. You ended your post saying he's now earned the right to operate without an axe over his head. That is essentially saying he's earned the right to not be sacked right now.

I know the other poll option says back to finish a rebuild. That could probably be worded differently, as most who have voted this option means he's proved the right to get backing during the summer for transfers and at least half a season more unless we totally implode by Christmas. That we should now all be backing the manager and not be calling for his sacking even if we get a loss in the first few games of the next season.
One person posted, (and he/she might be right) that no quality posters wanted Ole out.

I think that's partly behind my reason... as well as what I just said that I think polls are almost meaningless if you can go back and forth. Not that you shouldn't be able to change your mind... but most will just follow the crowd as the season progresses so what's the point of calling people out.

For me it's more nuanced than that. I hate Twitter cancel culture that forces you into conformity with the majority or you are treated like a pariah... even though as a liberal, I usually fall into agreement with the majority. I respect all opinions as long as one is not trolling.

I felt like the team was adrift until we signed Bruno... and without both Bruno and Paul, I don't think we can compete for the title next season.

I get that all top teams have players like that... but it was horrible to watch the games every week until he came.

For me, Ole would need to adapt to something like losing Bruno to injury for me to want to change my vote. Didn't Pep still win when they lost DeBruyne?

As I said, I now have hope for better from him, but I'm still not quite convinced.

Do I have confidence that the team would be able to overcome the loss of Bruno to injury, and/or Pogba if he decides to leave? Not really.

Bojan11

That had more to do with Leicester picking up a miserable 24 points in 22 games :lol:

But yeah, since mid-December we’ve been much improved and have ended the PL on a high. I’d imagine we’re an attractive proposition again for some excellent players, let’s see where next season takes us.
To be fair Leicester over achieved early on in the season. Think they won 8 on the bounce. When the big tests came against Pool and City they got thrashed and never recovered. Leicester were always going to have a drop off. Nobody expected it to be that big, but we still had a lot to do to take advantage.

Like I said previously now that champions league has been secured he deserves another year to improve us.

GaryLifo

Nice Bloke
I tried telling a lot of posters on here after the Burnley low point that Ole was going nowhere and that they would end up looking silly.

We have the right man in charge and rather than hand wringing over who might be better, I'd suggest just enjoying what we have.

Ole will get 2-3 more in now and maybe even 4 if certain squad players can be moved on. If they are quality signings of the Bruno level, United will be a strong side next season.

Tyrion

I certainly did not suggest that :lol: . You stated that Oles “qualifications” for the job weren’t enough and that we should have looked at someone with a mighty CV like Poch. I pointed out that Ole has won more trophies than Poch.

Anyway I’m not going to bother with you, since you seem to miss the point quite a bit.
So you pointed out that Ole has won more trophies than Poch but you weren't using it as evidence that Ole may be a better choice than Poch? Why bother saying it then when we were comparing them?

That is what you were implying, it just didn't make any sense and I explained why it's silly so don't pretend that's not what you meant just because you realised it's daft.

Tyrion

Some strange cult behaviour on here.
Apparently everyone who isn't convinced by Ole secretly wants the club to lose and their negative energy is costing us points. We must always remain positive about everything at the club or we will play worse.

lysglimt

What the feck is wrong with you people. We're all United fans here and want the best for the club.

The fact some disagree with you on what's best for the club does NOT mean they're haters. Childish logic and arguments.
There are some people in here - not many but 15-20 posters whose comments have been so bad towards OGS that it's hard to say that they want the best for the club. OGS was clueless, a moron, the worst manager in the league and God knows what. Then there are those who criticize OGS for not being good enough and explaining (with some intelligence) why they feel this way - I have no problems with these guys even if I dont agree with them.

Luckily the worst of the worst got banned today - but there are at least 5-10 more who were almost equally bad. These guys either arent United-fans, or it's really important to them that United do poorly so they can prove a point.

Greck

Thread has taken a turn for the worse with some truly childish behaviour. Many people who don't think he's right didn't start rooting for us to lose matches, yet some are treating it like they've won an opinion battle.

I'd still take an upgrade in the summer, if that opinion offends then you're doing this internet forum thing wrong. You'll never get a 100% of people to agree with you on anything

Devil81

Like I said, first test done, second is first silverwear.

There are a lot of fans who are gonna eat their words, he's building something. It might take another couple of windows but it's time to stop doubting him and start believing he's doing things correctly and we are on the right track.

I'd say he needs to be looking at silverwear next season if he doesn't win Europa league next month, to me minimum next season is Champions league without worry and a domestic trophy.

Eddy_JukeZ

Credit where it's due.

We needed a result today and we got it.

I hope we can push on next season if good signings are made.

Chairman Steve

I am cautiously optimistic about the future under him. I saw Bruno being bought as his last chance in my eyes and if we still ended up 6th or worse then Pochettino was going to be the man.

Since the season restart, it feels like we’ve found our second wind, sprinted the last quarter of a marathon and just about got over the line. He really does not seem to rate his bench that much if he’s making changes fairly late in some games or doesn’t rotate that much, especially Fred and McTominay who have proven to be decent players in the absence of Pogba and before Bruno came.

I hope he’ll start making more use of the squad more for next season and that this ’same XI every game’ approach is just a temporary measure for the extraordinary circumstance of COVID-19 and the fact Chelsea and Leicester dropped off that much. Even if that first XI is pretty good there are going to be days where they’re stifled, some of those players have a dip in form, some of them get injured or luck just goes out the window on game day, meaning a fit and raring sub can deliver the goods.

At this current moment, I‘d like to think the majority Utd fan opinion is the same as mine which is cautiously optimistic. I’m happy with the turnaround in form since Bruno came in, and happy we have secured Champions League football meaning our preferred targets are more willing to come to us. We need to strike while the iron is hot and get the players we want in. It’ll be an easier sell to them when you’ve got a youthful team on the up, rather than a team full of overpaid marquee players who are either on the brink of being over the hill or just there because Utd offered stupidly high wages at the time. I was against Dybala being signed since he gave off the vibes of that latter type of player.

Matriac

Thread has taken a turn for the worse with some truly childish behaviour. Many people who don't think he's right didn't start rooting for us to lose matches, yet some are treating it like they've won an opinion battle.
But many did just that. Hoping we wouldn't get a result during Christmas because that would "only delay the inevitable". And was nowhere to be seen in these threads while we were winning. Popped right up after a loss. Then we didn't lose in forever so they popped up after a draw where the thread would grow 10 pages in a few hours.

Greck

But many did just that. Hoping we wouldn't get a result during Christmas because that would "only delay the inevitable". And was nowhere to be seen in these threads while we were winning. Popped right up after a loss. Then we didn't lose in forever so they popped up after a draw where the thread would grow 10 pages in a few hours.
Yes saw those lot who seemed a bit too happy at our missing out on top 4 and can't imagine everyone who didnt and still don't believe in Ole was rooting for us to fail. Was referring to that guy who screenshotted the dissenting opinions in the poll like today was meant to make them/us feel bad. Believe it or not, not everyone is still high on him, not everyone of them wanted us to miss top 4 and not everyone sees today as the turning point to switch sides. Some people take momentum shifts in threads too serious when in reality it's often the same 6-12 guys arguing

Last edited:

Keanes Magic Hat

In both transfer windows he's brought in players that have improved team and squad. He took us from being useless at the end of Mourinho to a team that work hard, then could beat top teams on counter and then slowly evolved towards a team that can keep the ball better and break teams down.

Still work to do and more to prove but I'm delighted with the progress we have made in a season and a half

Reactions: Sultan

Matriac

Yes saw those lot who seemed a bit too happy at our missing out on top 4 and can't imagine everyone who didnt and still don't believe in Ole was rooting for us to fail. Was referring to that guy who screenshotted the dissenting opinions in the poll like today was meant to make them/us feel bad
I think the screenshot was just meant as a bit of banter. The calling for bans etc. were jokes in the moment of glee from today.
I appreciate other opinions on here. I'm glad the one most extreme person got banned the other day, but other than that I would be posting a lot less on here if I didn't have anyone to argue with! :lol:

If anything the screenshot was just in case someone would later claim they had voted in support of Ole all along. :rolleyes:

There's been a few in here saying that Ole proved em wrong, and for now deserves further support, and I applaud them for that.

Zen86

So you pointed out that Ole has won more trophies than Poch but you weren't using it as evidence that Ole may be a better choice than Poch? Why bother saying it then when we were comparing them?

That is what you were implying, it just didn't make any sense and I explained why it's silly so don't pretend that's not what you meant just because you realised it's daft.
Who’s pretending? It was pointing out your shit argument that Poch was somehow more qualified than Ole.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'd still take an upgrade in the summer, if that opinion offends then you're doing this internet forum thing wrong. You'll never get a 100% of people to agree with you on anything
So you like to express your opinion, but cant take it when others ridicule your opinion for being wrong? Is that it?
You are also welcome to wish for whatever you like. But thankfully you are no way close to the decision making at Manchester United.
Your 'opinion' has been proven to be plainly wrong. You were wrong. Take that gracefully instead of whinging and you might even learn something.
In reality, all you have achieved is making yourself get upset, not allowed yourself to fully enjoy the whole point of supporting a football club, and set yourself up for a totally unachievable outcome into the future.
Perhaps you should ask yourself why you are following this team.

Greck

So you like to express your opinion, but cant take it when others ridicule your opinion for being wrong? Is that it?
You are also welcome to wish for whatever you like. But thankfully you are no way close to the decision making at Manchester United.
So in reality, all you have achieved is making yourself get upset, not allowed yourself to fully enjoy the whole point of supporting a football club, and set yourself up for a totally unachievable outcome into the future.
Yeesh I see the problem here, Good thing you're here to provide guidance to the rest of us lost sheep. Anyway for the most part no one seems emotionally charged but you. You also realise there's no being "proven wrong" here. Proven wrong about what?

MrSingh2002

Good Post.

Are you gonna close it though?
Unfortunately it doesn't give me an option to delete it. I've selected the Poll to close by tomorrow. Hopefully the mods pick these comments up and delete the thread for now.

Time for a "Will Ed Woodward back Ole in the transfer window" thread and poll instead!

MrSingh2002

You two won't be out of place in modern-day China's censorship apparatus. Freedom of speech is the point of discussion forums. This kind of shite (from both sides) is exactly what stops fruitful discussions.
Love that post. This is a forum. Some people forget that you can have opposing views.

Tyrion

Who’s pretending? It was pointing out your shit argument that Poch was somehow more qualified than Ole.
So were you arguing that Poch having not won any trophies makes him less qualified or not? Because you can't seem to make up your mind.

Tyrion

In reality, all you have achieved is making yourself get upset, not allowed yourself to fully enjoy the whole point of supporting a football club, and set yourself up for a totally unachievable outcome into the future.
Do you understand that you can have doubts about the manager and still "fully enjoy" the team?

Why should they?

Faetheshire86

At the start of the season, based on our squad, I was expecting us to be battling for 5th-6th place. Given the prospect of next season in the Europa, I was pretty disinterested in results and cared more about looking at positives for the future. Were individual players progressing? Were we giving young players a chance? How was Ole handling the media? With a few exceptions, I've been really impressed.

Given that the results have started to follow suit, I'm not really sure what more could be expected from Ole? Challenging City? Liverpool? From where we were at the end of last season / start of this season, I don't think there's very many managers, if any, who could have achieved that.

As a fan, do I believe this should be the end product? Absolutely not. If we are still here in 2-3 years time, then someone will have to answer for it. But every story needs a beginning. Maybe Ole won't be the man to conclude it, but he's earned the opportunity to try.

Flexdegea

Implement attacking football? Check
Reinvigorate the squad? Check
Change the culture of the club? Check
Promote youth? Check
Sign quality players? Check
Sell the deadwood? Check

His first full season by the way chaps. First full season. Let's give the guy some respect.

This and this :lol: :lol: again

Zen86

So were you arguing that Poch having not won any trophies makes him less qualified or not? Because you can't seem to make up your mind.
You seem to be struggling to understand, but that’s ok. To summarise, you suggested Poch had more qualifications than Ole, I questioned what these greater qualifications were, because they certainly aren’t trophies.

As for your question above on whether Poch having not won any trophies makes him less qualified for the job, considering the Manchester United job is to target silverware... f*** yes it does. Understand?

Tyrion

You seem to be struggling to understand, but that’s ok. To summarise, you suggested Poch had more qualifications than Ole, I questioned what these greater qualifications were, because they certainly aren’t trophies.

As for your question above on whether Poch having not won any trophies makes him less qualified for the job, considering the Manchester United job is to target silverware... f*** yes it does. Understand?
Less qualified than who?