Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole end of season & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.

glazed

I still don't think we can achieve anything big with either Ole or the Glazers in charge. But OGS has certainly earned the right to prove otherwise, because he qualified for the Champions League. Any manager who does that while attempting some decently entertaining football is entitled to our support.

Tyrion

I still don't think we can achieve anything big with either Ole or the Glazers in charge. But OGS has certainly earned the right to prove otherwise, because he qualified for the Champions League. Any manager who does that while attempting some decently entertaining football is entitled to our support.
I'm not sure about the Glazers. We won plenty with them. Woodward is more relevant to our onfield success imo than them as I dont think they care at all (which I'm fine with).

glazed

I'm not sure about the Glazers. We won plenty with them. Woodward is more relevant to our onfield success imo than them as I dont think they care at all (which I'm fine with).
An argument for another day.

Reditus

I think some humble pie should now be eaten. I looked through a lot of posts in this thread. And many of you have now been proved flat out wrong .

Ole has been our best appointment in the post Ferguson era. He has cleared out deadwood and overpaid players who were never right for the club. Right now I see the club in it’s best position since 2013 and with investment can actually challenge....but there is a but, I’m still not sure Ole will be the man to get us there. I am not sure if he can go that next level.

It’s a strange situation as he clearly deserves the chance for at least another 1-2 seasons. But he is doing such a good job in developing players and with vastly improved recruitment I still see it as setting up the next manager with a massive club in a great position to go to much bigger things.

van Persie

I think some humble pie should now be eaten. I looked through a lot of posts in this thread. And many of you have now been proved flat out wrong .

Ole has been our best appointment in the post Ferguson era. He has cleared out deadwood and overpaid players who were never right for the club. Right now I see the club in it’s best position since 2013 and with investment can actually challenge....but there is a but, I’m still not sure Ole will be the man to get us there. I am not sure if he can go that next level.

It’s a strange situation as he clearly deserves the chance for at least another 1-2 seasons. But he is doing such a good job in developing players and with vastly improved recruitment I still see it as setting up the next manager with a massive club in a great position to go to much bigger things.
Exactly.

GDaly95

Sexist Pig
The signs have always been there. Bringing through youth, increased work rate, positive attitude, better recruitment.

I've tolerated the knee-jerk reactions on this forum since joining, but honestly the disrespect leveled at Ole over the past few months has been an absolute disgrace.

If you didn't think he was the man for the job, fine, once you were respectful about it. But he's been called all names under the sun on here by so many people.

Some seem to forget how much he's done for us, as a player and a manager.

I'm not sure if this forum has a huge faction of overly-privileged teens who don't remember who Ole is or what he's done, I can't even wrap my head around it but its been awful. I really hope the mood changes from here on out whatever happens.

In any case, whatever anyone has thought in the past, he is undoubtedly the man to bring us forward. And its no longer subjective. He's the man for the job, at least for the foreseeable future.

Quick link to a tribute of Ole I enjoy cos sure why not:

always_hoping

Worth remembering Uniteds record against top six was excellent in the league this season :

V Liverpool drew/lost
V City: Won/Won
V Chelsea: Won/Won
V Leicester Won/Won
V Spurs: Won/Drew

23 points out of a possible from 30.

Red Company

I don’t think this thread should be closed or blocked.

This thread, while offering some noteworthy debates and arguments in and against support for Ole, has also been eye opening.

I am glad that the disrespectful posters were able to show themselves in their true colours and hence why a handful got banned as well.

This thread will be key to keep a check on Ole’s progress going forward. Specially next season when he will have to be judged way more factually and harshly if he’s given substantial funds this coming window to upgrade the squad further.

Myself, being one of those who want Ole to stick around for the near future, truly enjoyed the feedback from some posters who tried to respectfully and factually debate that he’s not the right manager for us. And I want to continue these debates with context from our past debates in this thread.

Hence my vote is not to close this thread.

Lj82

No. I don't think Ole haters want the best for the club. Rather, they just want to be right.
The foolishly took a negative position early on, and have since just doubled down through hubris and arrogance.
They'd rather the club go backwards than admit they were wrong.
Agree. And this thread has shown up many of them

Lj82

I was Ole out until the restart. We came back with energy and played well. His style of play needs squad depth though and unless we invest in players who can actually win us games from the bench I worry we'll run out of steam. He's certainly earned another season regardless of how the Europa league goes.
This transfer window is going to be crucial for that.

Red Company

My vote has remained Ole out... not because I want him out right now... ( he's earned any benefit of the doubt for now by achieving Champions League) but because I'm still not convinced he's a brilliant coach and I can't be arsed to change it.

Everything changed when Bruno joined the team... I've always had faith in the young strikers... so their performance is what I expected.
I attribute the success to finally playing midfielders who could provide them with service.
If we didn't have Fernandes, would things have changed? I think it would have been pretty poor.

I do give him credit for playing Greenwood over Lingard though
I also give him credit for improving the overall morale of the team.

If Ole was the main driving force behind the identification and selection of Bruno... then that would be a huge point in his favor.
If Ole is able to keep Pogba... that would be another big one.
If he is able to retool the defense (cut losses on Maguire and teach Wan-Bissaka how to play the ball a little more effectively) that might be another one.

I'm very happy with the season and if I can see continued growth, then I will reevaluate accordingly.

But in the same way I wouldn't call Frank Vogel a genius coach for winning with LeBron James and Anthony Davis... I can't really be convinced about Ole until I see him coach his way to true contention for Premier League title or a Champions League victory

66 points seems like underperforming for this team. I think they are better than that.

But Ole seems like a bright guy... so maybe he will find his way.

For now he's earned his right to operate without an axe hanging over his head. I hope he can take us to the next level.
Referring to the bolded parts;

1) I’m curious to know what you make of managers like Pep, Klopp, Zidane? Also of managers like Poch? Because according to you, a manager is only great if his coaching abilities can shine without a galactic squad. None of the first three managers I pointed out, managed to win anything until they had a full squad full of talented individuals. Then comes Poch, who for all his coaching prowess, failed to win a single trophy. And then his downfall was so abnormal that being champions league finalists, he somehow managed to feck it all up in a matter of months and get sacked before December. End of the day, you need to have a squad decent enough to comprehend and implement your tactical demands and expectations.

2) 66 points you say. I can’t seem to understand how you think this squad was projected to score more points with the injuries we had this season, the lack of personnel available. Literally need a miracle like Bruno in January to get to where we are now. It’s not Ole’s fault that all the incompetent players we had available couldn’t seem to get in any goals/assists. I mean even if Poch had to come and manager Lingard/Pereira/Mata/James & co., I’m not sure he’d fair any better. Pep came to city with a squad full of winners and yet some of them made tremendous blunders in his first season. Same with Klopp. Only Henderson is left from the squad he inherited. The point is, if Ole had gotten 66 points with our squad being justifiably good enough to get to 75/80 then I’d say okay fair enough. But technically we could’ve reached 70/75 even with this current squad if it wasn’t for DDGs blunders. Or Bruno being signed in Jan instead of when the season started like we all cried for. But these factors had nothing to do with Ole.
In all respect, I think you’re just making our squad seem a lot more than they are and you really need to be practical and realistic when you start making statements like that.

To conclude, coaches don’t become ‘brilliant’ over night. Pep would’ve never become brilliant if he didn’t have an amazing squad and good infrastructure around him. That is where he got his footing from and that is why he was trusted with the job. Everyone knows Ole is yet to prove his brilliance but he too, has a good infrastructure around him, and the clubs support. For me, he’s already done much better from an overall perspective than what LvG or Mou managed to do. There is only so much a manager can do.

This is why many of us want to give him another season when we can fairly judge him. Same way Pep or Klopp didn’t get judged in their first season(s) while their project was incomplete.

But having said that, I did appreciate the humbleness in your post where you have left yourself open to changing your perspective if things continue to Improve. Even though it didn’t sound like that when you began your post saying he’s not a brilliant coach and can’t be arsed to change your thinking. Perhaps you first need to stop contradicting yourself to be able to see the bigger picture.

Lj82

At the start of the season, based on our squad, I was expecting us to be battling for 5th-6th place. Given the prospect of next season in the Europa, I was pretty disinterested in results and cared more about looking at positives for the future. Were individual players progressing? Were we giving young players a chance? How was Ole handling the media? With a few exceptions, I've been really impressed.

Given that the results have started to follow suit, I'm not really sure what more could be expected from Ole? Challenging City? Liverpool? From where we were at the end of last season / start of this season, I don't think there's very many managers, if any, who could have achieved that.

As a fan, do I believe this should be the end product? Absolutely not. If we are still here in 2-3 years time, then someone will have to answer for it. But every story needs a beginning. Maybe Ole won't be the man to conclude it, but he's earned the opportunity to try.
Well said.
It's fair to have doubts. There is also no guarantee in football. My view on Ole is that he may or may not be the one who win us the league, but I'm confident the club will be stronger and in a better position to do so than when he took over.

Edit: not just the team, but the entire club.

Flexdegea

Referring to the bolded parts;

1) I’m curious to know what you make of managers like Pep, Klopp, Zidane? Also of managers like Poch? Because according to you, a manager is only great if his coaching abilities can shine without a galactic squad. None of the first three managers I pointed out, managed to win anything until they had a full squad full of talented individuals. Then comes Poch, who for all his coaching prowess, failed to win a single trophy. And then his downfall was so abnormal that being champions league finalists, he somehow managed to feck it all up in a matter of months and get sacked before December. End of the day, you need to have a squad decent enough to comprehend and implement your tactical demands and expectations.

2) 66 points you say. I can’t seem to understand how you think this squad was projected to score more points with the injuries we had this season, the lack of personnel available. Literally need a miracle like Bruno in January to get to where we are now. It’s not Ole’s fault that all the incompetent players we had available couldn’t seem to get in any goals/assists. I mean even if Poch had to come and manager Lingard/Pereira/Mata/James & co., I’m not sure he’d fair any better. Pep came to city with a squad full of winners and yet some of them made tremendous blunders in his first season. Same with Klopp. Only Henderson is left from the squad he inherited. The point is, if Ole had gotten 66 points with our squad being justifiably good enough to get to 75/80 then I’d say okay fair enough. But technically we could’ve reached 70/75 even with this current squad if it wasn’t for DDGs blunders. Or Bruno being signed in Jan instead of when the season started like we all cried for. But these factors had nothing to do with Ole.
In all respect, I think you’re just making our squad seem a lot more than they are and you really need to be practical and realistic when you start making statements like that.

To conclude, coaches don’t become ‘brilliant’ over night. Pep would’ve never become brilliant if he didn’t have an amazing squad and good infrastructure around him. That is where he got his footing from and that is why he was trusted with the job. Everyone knows Ole is yet to prove his brilliance but he too, has a good infrastructure around him, and the clubs support. For me, he’s already done much better from an overall perspective than what LvG or Mou managed to do. There is only so much a manager can do.

This is why many of us want to give him another season when we can fairly judge him. Same way Pep or Klopp didn’t get judged in their first season(s) while their project was incomplete.

But having said that, I did appreciate the humbleness in your post where you have left yourself open to changing your perspective if things continue to Improve. Even though it didn’t sound like that when you began your post saying he’s not a brilliant coach and can’t be arsed to change your thinking. Perhaps you first need to stop contradicting yourself to be able to see the bigger picture.
Ole out has currently matched the mightly Poch best season at spurs,

And has more trophies in his CV

Red Company

Sorry, I’m a tad bit confused what you meant there? (Referring to the bolded part)

Water Melon

before it dries out, eh
Getting CL next season was a must and Ole achieved it. Well done. Let us hope with more backing this time around he continues to progress. If he does not, start looking for an alternative. Managers just like players should be judged on their performances throughout the season. One thing I am sure of is that nobody can claim that Ole has not been backed by the Board. Next season, with more investment the Board will expect more improvement.

UNITED ACADEMY

Well, after all it's on him. It was exactly as he planned it. ;)

Strelok

Worth remembering Uniteds record against top six was excellent in the league this season :

V Liverpool drew/lost
V City: Won/Won
V Chelsea: Won/Won
V Leicester Won/Won
V Spurs: Won/Drew

23 points out of a possible from 30.
If you take into account he has done this with Lingard, Pereira it's even more amazing. Bruno only played one match against Citeh.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you take into account he has done this with Lingard, Pereira it's even more amazing. Bruno only played one match against Citeh.
Bruno played against City, Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester.

Brilliant record, something we should build on.

Strelok

Bruno played against City, Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester.

Brilliant record, something we should build on.
Ah yeah my bad I forgot to count the matches after the break. And forgot that Bruno has played against Chelsea.

Prior to Bruno's arrival, I still remember Ole won or at least drew with the top 6 with Lingard. He only lost against Liverpool away when forced to play Pereira.

wolvored

No he didn't.
  • Ole f*cked out a tonne of dead wood last summer
  • Ole invested his time and efforts into young players including YTS like Greenwood and Williams. Showed faith in Martial and Rashford to lead our line instead of Lukaku and Sanchez!
  • Turned us from an ageing, boring, defensive team lacking fitness and an attitude that stunk to a young, attack minded team that can retain possession and counter attack
  • 7 Clean sheets to 13
  • Goals conceded down from 54 to 36
  • Vastly improved our injury record from last season
  • Vastly improved our overall fitness
  • Arguably improved all players across the squad, can't think of a player that has regressed
  • Bruno is a revelation
  • Just the 88 goal involvements from our front 3 (60 in the league)
  • Still the Europa to play in
That's just some of the reasons he should of kept his job even if he didn't make top 4...but he did.
Well said. If he gets another 2/3 in with Fernandes star quality we could close the Premier gap significantly next season.

wolvored

One person posted, (and he/she might be right) that no quality posters wanted Ole out.

I think that's partly behind my reason... as well as what I just said that I think polls are almost meaningless if you can go back and forth. Not that you shouldn't be able to change your mind... but most will just follow the crowd as the season progresses so what's the point of calling people out.

For me it's more nuanced than that. I hate Twitter cancel culture that forces you into conformity with the majority or you are treated like a pariah... even though as a liberal, I usually fall into agreement with the majority. I respect all opinions as long as one is not trolling.

I felt like the team was adrift until we signed Bruno... and without both Bruno and Paul, I don't think we can compete for the title next season.

I get that all top teams have players like that... but it was horrible to watch the games every week until he came.

For me, Ole would need to adapt to something like losing Bruno to injury for me to want to change my vote. Didn't Pep still win when they lost DeBruyne?

As I said, I now have hope for better from him, but I'm still not quite convinced.

Do I have confidence that the team would be able to overcome the loss of Bruno to injury, and/or Pogba if he decides to leave? Not really.
If we sign another 2/3 with the same mental attribues as Fernandes, then if Bruno did get an injury we could probably cope. You mentioned Pep and DeBruyne. He coped because he had a team of game changers, not just one. If we signed Sancho and Grealish, for example, we could cope with Bruno missing.

rollingstoned1

Sack Ole Brigade (captured for posterity)

@MrSingh2002 please threadmark!

who's who of reactionary village idiots who are now using straw men to backtrack and try to justify claims like 'ole iz fraud lel, he pe teacher'. they want to pretend that outright abuse was somehow cautious skepticism.

Shamana

Not Shamans

Poch best league season at spurs was 2017 where they finished 2nd with 86 points. Best european season last season where they made the CL final.

Jeffthered

I agree.

OGS is still a manager learning to be the sort manager United need. He has turned around his troubles from last season, and it is commendable that we are third.

But this is, and should be, no reason for celebration, and that is my worry. OGS doesn't strike me as someone who has the real, natural expectations of being the very best. He is a polite manager, says the right things, almost without any real commitment, playing counter attack football.

He is, in my opinion, like Gareth Southgate and England. They do not inspire, producing some good moments, but flatter to deceive, and you are never fully convinced that they really believe in their own ability to compete with the very best.

Man Utd do not look close to actually winning anything under OGS. All this talk of rebuild is management speak. United should continually rebuild, whilst competing for honours, that should be the standards we have.

Yet OGS thinks coming third is 'remarkable'.

SteveW

I agree.

OGS is still a manager learning to be the sort manager United need. He has turned around his troubles from last season, and it is commendable that we are third.

But this is, and should be, no reason for celebration, and that is my worry. OGS doesn't strike me as someone who has the real, natural expectations of being the very best. He is a polite manager, says the right things, almost without any real commitment, playing counter attack football.

He is, in my opinion, like Gareth Southgate and England. They do not inspire, producing some good moments, but flatter to deceive, and you are never fully convinced that they really believe in their own ability to compete with the very best.

Man Utd do not look close to actually winning anything under OGS. All this talk of rebuild is management speak. United should continually rebuild, whilst competing for honours, that should be the standards we have.

Absolutely clueless.

Josh 76

Poch had a bad 3 months at Spurs, when he had fallen out with the board and some of his players were wanting to leave. Even Klopp had that with Dortmund, so very harsh to judge him on that.

Previously he took a relegation looking team in Southampton and turned them into CL contenders without spending too much money. I even remember when he first brought his Southampton team to OT (lost 2-1) but played us off the park. Fergie even said at the time it was the best team he had faced that season.

Then moving to Spurs, playing high pressing and attractive football, with a net spend of 5 or 10m, took Spurs to PL contenders for 3 seasons. Finishing 2nd or 3rd or 4th doesn't matter, it's how close you are to the top that matters. Spurs took the title to the last couple of games.

Saying Poch has not won anything is because he didn't take the Cups serious and even said it's all about the CL and PL (like klopp) which is music to my ears. I'm sick of wining the League Cup, or having a good run in the Europa league and saying Utd are back. It's bullshit.

Last edited:

theklr

I agree.

The feck are you on about.

He made our B-squad win against City, draw with Liverpool, and the win against PSG.

If you arent inspired by some of these games we had your truly emotionless.

He is polite and says the right things in media, as you should be. But if you think he isnt ruthless with the players and in the dressing room you are just mistaken.

The mentality he has instilled in the players is what made us get 3rd and champions league.

mancave bear

After all Ole has done, it still is 24,4 percent who dont think he is doing a good enough job. It is ubeliveable. With the players that have been available this season, third place is a fantastic achivement.

The last thing we should do now is to get a new manager. That would just set us back.

Last edited:

Bestietom

I would keep Ole. With 3/4 more top additions to this team, we could challenge City and Liverpool. Ole needs the backing now.

TheRedDevil2019

I agree.

Utter nonsense, you should stick with airing your views off the keyboard rather then on it...

It's remarkable given the circumstances we found ourselves in, (I thought the current squad would get 5th/6th). United lacked quality in depth, star players injured, then we had the individual errors like Pogba's piss-taking with penalties at the start of the season (wolves being an example) and DDG's errors cost this side arguably getting to 75 points.

To the naysayers that lack any sense of optimism. Where you not at the City game in march? That atmosphere was the best since SAF and it's all down to Ole. Think back to Jose's tenure the atmosphere was flat, players weren't interested, an argument was leaked in the media every other week r.e Jose and Pogba or someone else.

United has come so far since then.

Many more positives right now then what there's been for a very long time, and I renewed my ST last week, yippee :D.

pav1790

I would like all you reasonable doubters to please clear out for a few weeks. I love your contributions. You provide a voice of reason, a voice of caution that fans like me need. But you are not wanted, for the time being. :)

We finished third. After that start to the season. And we have the momentum. If we strengthen better than the teams above or around us, we are surely going to challenge earlier than anticipated by most fans.

Future beckons to this great club, once again. And a period of year after year of looking back ends today. For the first time, there are records being broken, there are new records being set.

And ole is part of it. No way is a story like this possible with any manager that we have had in the past - after Fergie.

Now, all I want is for the Stretford end to tell me who is at the wheel, when we win trophies. I want Stratford end to jeer the English press as Martial scores again. I am a simple fan. I don’t look for a reason to be a realist, I look for reasons to get carried away. And carried away, I am getting. No way I am walking in this state.

youngrell

Delighted for Ole and the players but baffled by some opinions that remain on here.

Ole is a poor coach: to my knowledge, he doesn't do the coaching so I'm not sure why this is levelled at him so often. Carrick and McKenna are taking the training sessions, that has been stated by Ole himself on numerous occasions. The only thing you can criticise Ole for in this instance would be his choice of coaches, but he seems happy and absolutely none of us know how good or bad either are.

Not the manager to challenge Klopp and Guardiola: how do we know? Does anyone honestly believe that Klopp or Guardiola would be winning the title with our current squad? Of course not. So why is Ole held to that standard currently? At least wait until he has what resembles the best or second best team/squad in the league before judging his ability to compete.

Lucky the league was rubbish (or this points total is our lowest): well folks, that is how a league system works. It's not the final points that matter, it's the position, and we have just had our second best finish since SAF retired – and this coming off the back of one of the most disastrous in terms of performances and atmosphere around the club. Those who keep saying our points total wouldn't normally get top 4, by the same token do you wish to grant Liverpool an extra title because their 18/19 points total was high enough to win the title in any other season? No you wouldn't. So again, this is how a league works.

Lucky Leicester completely choked: Yes, let's keep pretending that not only did we claw ourselves back from a 14 point deficit to finish 4 points ahead, but we also pegged Chelsea along the way too. In the end, Leicester's poor form was inconsequential, because we topped Chelsea too.

Manager/Squad mentality is so weak: see above. No mentally weak squad goes on the run we have to finish the season. There's been dips for sure, and plenty of individual errors, but as a whole we have done fantastically well.

Carry on.

romufc

Delighted for Ole and the players but baffled by some opinions that remain on here.

Ole is a poor coach: to my knowledge, he doesn't do the coaching so I'm not sure why this is levelled at him so often. Carrick and McKenna are taking the training sessions, that has been stated by Ole himself on numerous occasions. The only thing you can criticise Ole for in this instance would be his choice of coaches, but he seems happy and absolutely none of us know how good or bad either are.

Not the manager to challenge Klopp and Guardiola: how do we know? Does anyone honestly believe that Klopp or Guardiola would be winning the title with our current squad? Of course not. So why is Ole held to that standard currently? At least wait until he has what resembles the best or second best team/squad in the league before judging his ability to compete.

Lucky the league was rubbish (or this points total is our lowest): well folks, that is how a league system works. It's not the final points that matter, it's the position, and we have just had our second best finish since SAF retired – and this coming off the back of one of the most disastrous in terms of performances and atmosphere around the club. Those who keep saying our points total wouldn't normally get top 4, by the same token do you wish to grant Liverpool an extra title because their 18/19 points total was high enough to win the title in any other season? No you wouldn't. So again, this is how a league works.

Lucky Leicester completely choked: Yes, let's keep pretending that not only did we claw ourselves back from a 14 point deficit to finish 4 points ahead, but we also pegged Chelsea along the way too. In the end, Leicester's poor form was inconsequential, because we topped Chelsea too.

Manager/Squad mentality is so weak: see above. No mentally weak squad goes on the run we have to finish the season. There's been dips for sure, and plenty of individual errors, but as a whole we have done fantastically well.

Carry on.
Some very good points.

There is a section of fans that have this tunnel vision about Ole, they want to be right about him being a poor manager. Whatever he does, they find an excuse to dampen the mood. However; a draw and they will be Ole out.

So if the points matter so much to some fans, surely it must make Pep, Lampard, Arteta, Jose all poor managers? Like you said, it doesnt work like that.

We had to beat Chelsea and Leicester to finish in the top 3, the Chelsea game was so cruicial getting 3 points back and same as Leicester.

You could maybe see the weak mentality agenda coming out if we didnt get top 4. The position we have been in this season on various parts, The Norwhich game and Burnley game. The way the players have come over that and Ole as well has shown great mental strength.

How many managers come out of that and change it.

Andycoleno9

Okay, your opinion.

What would another manager have done?

League cup Semi Final
3rd place finish
FA cup Semi Final
Qurter Final EL
Yeah, we can't know that. Maybe other manager would be third with 15 points more and Fa cup trophy. Maybe other manager would be 6th. We can't tell what other manager would do. Maybe other manager would bought 4 other players and sell others. We can't tell.
I just think that based on what i see that Ole is not good enough. But it is not important anymore. And talking about it is just pointless.

I said earlier; i get you Ole in guys. Especially now when he finished 3rd. But i just rate quality and my opinion is that he doesn't have quality to be a manager of top level club.

dove

Some very good points.

There is a section of fans that have this tunnel vision about Ole, they want to be right about him being a poor manager. Whatever he does, they find an excuse to dampen the mood. However; a draw and they will be Ole out.

So if the points matter so much to some fans, surely it must make Pep, Lampard, Arteta, Jose all poor managers? Like you said, it doesnt work like that.

We had to beat Chelsea and Leicester to finish in the top 3, the Chelsea game was so cruicial getting 3 points back and same as Leicester.

You could maybe see the weak mentality agenda coming out if we didnt get top 4. The position we have been in this season on various parts, The Norwhich game and Burnley game. The way the players have come over that and Ole as well has shown great mental strength.

How many managers come out of that and change it.
We did well to finish 3rd but if you look at the season as a whole, I don't think we had a good season and points show exactly that. People quickly forget how absolutely dreadful we were for a huge part of this season. Our ultimate goal should be to challenge for the title and let's be honest here, we are absolutely miles away from doing that and I am not even sure we closed the gap at all compared to last season. I think it's way too early for "Feck the doubters, I told you Ole is gonna be great" stuff.

There definitely are some positives, I like Ole's ideas of how our squad should look. He targets the right type of players and already got rid of some deadwood/unlikeable players. He definitely deserves credit for that and the general atmosphere around the club.

Our squad was always good enough of finishing TOP 4 and we did exactly that. Nothing more nothing less. I think reasonable target for next season would be 80+ points and see where it takes us.