Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's very telling how the standards have fallen that you have multiple posters defending this performance.
Like we haven’t had these sort of performances before :lol: we couldn’t beat the likes of Burton Albion under SAF. But an extra time win against Copenhagen is a disaster.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He has earned his time, but matches like these do leave you feeling uneasy. There is no way round it.

b82REZ

Total goal attempts -
26 (ManUtd) vs 8 (Koebenhavn)

On target -
14 (ManUtd) vs 1 (Koebenahvn)

That many attempts on goal is a clear indicator that Ole was tactically spot on tonight, but the finishing wasn't up to scratch.

The players, fatigued or otherwise, must take their share of the responsibility at some point or another. The manager can't shoulder every ounce of the blame.
Shots do not equate to anything being tactically correct.

We've had many speculative efforts from outside the box tonight which have padded those stats.

Tonight is not the worst performance of the season by any means but there are certainly questions over some of his game management.

We have started to look more well drilled in an attacking sense since the restart but there still is an element of hoping from a moment of magic from one of the front 4/5 a lot of the time.

I hope the lazyish performance tonight is down to rustiness from the break rather than fatigue.

AshRK

Semis in European competition. Not bad for the worst manager in football history.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can we get some more nuanced options than sack or give him a job for life as Man Utd manager?

I'd vote reassess at the end of the 2020/21 season but certainly won't extend his contract until we're solidly in the top four next year.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I will never care what people think of me. Manchester United have some of the worst fans whilst Liverpool Fans are much more supportive of their club.

I literally named 5 yesterday. I don’t really like the naming of managers though. Prefer it just to be in a thread of its own where it can be discussed properly. You don’t believe in anyone coming in doing a better job than Ole which your reponse to this will show, so what’s the point. But you asked so I’ll deliver:

Pochettino
Tuncel
Rose
Nagelsmann
Ten Hag

Why do I think they will do good and not crumble? Well it depends what crumbling is? I mean right no we are satisfied with 3rd and unpredictable performance and poor squad management. So anything above that is a success really.
Just let it go. Ole will be managing United for a while, and deservedly so.

cyberman

Are you being serious. He’s made no negative difference than keeping Rashford on. He one run was better than Rashford did for half hour.
We went from ripping them apart to playing slower down the sides.
You asked if the play would worsen when Lingard came on. Be it his fault ot not, it clearly did.
Im not saying Rashford was vital, im arguing against it being this major sin to keep our 22 goal forward on when we created so many chances. Not to the level where it justifies caling Ole tactically inept ffs.
Copenhagen didnt even have a shot on target.

TrustInOle

1st full season, finishes 3rd and reaches 3 semi finals, despite missing key players and a chance to finish with a European trophy. All whilst we are in a clear transition. Fantastic stuff if you ask me.

Mainoldo

You wouldn’t think it, all you ever seem to do is bitch and complain.
Mate just don’t respond to me! It’s really not that hard. I mean why are you even in this thread. Go into the positivity thread.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
It's some of the fans that need sacking, not the manager.

Toad

It's very telling how the standards have fallen that you have multiple posters defending this performance.
You can’t be serious. It was a great game to watch! We got so unlucky on many occasions which made it better to watch. How are some of you so blind to see a good game of football when it happens? If a couple of them posts or wondersaves would have gone on you’d all be creaming your pants saying how good we are. Get a grip.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
1st full season, finishes 3rd and reaches 3 semi finals, despite missing key players and a chance to finish with a European trophy. All whilst we are in a clear transition. Fantastic stuff if you ask me.
No no no. Worst manager ever because we couldn’t beat Copenhagen in normal time. Some United fans are really bizarre.

Kag

We’ve lost one game in 24. Why is this thread even open again?

Adds nothing to the quality of debate across the forum and it’s just full of the same whinging whoppers.

criticalanalysis

The 'philosophy' to possession when we have the ball is pretty much 'it's a free hit'. No cohesion, subtlety or patterns of play at all. It's why AWB can have the ball so many times and he's not getting called out by his team mates or Ole when he does jack all with it.

Copenhagen had more 'class' on the ball, stretching us from side to side with a quarter of the talent, technique and athleticism. Shameful stuff.

What does Carrick, Phelan and McKenna do? Ole deserves a lot of credit for his man management, it's absolutely brilliant and breath of fresh air. He's got the players to defend as a team, be switched on defensively, work hard and be expressive when attacking but feck me it's pretty 'enjoy yourselves lads, go out and there do your work' with no further instruction. It's absolutely no wonder we look so limited and out of ideas when we're not waiting for a moment of individual brilliance.

Flexdegea

He has earned his time, but matches like these do leave you feeling uneasy. There is no way round it.

Dont know about you but it ended up a great game. Enjoyed it.

Another night it be 5-6nil

See the usual suspects out again moaning. Football not for some people as they seem to have a robotic view of it's just cut and dry, black and white, for example city would have done them 5 nil. Forgetting city have lost many a game against inferior teams peppering the other goal keeper.

Dont know how someone could say he tactically inept, after seeing how many chances we had :lol::lol:

Was a good night. Job done, onto the semi final.

Eddy_JukeZ

I still hope we abandon this build-up structure with Pogba in midfield on his own and Bruno acting as a striker at times.

But our play at times in the final 3rd is really pleasing on the eye. We should have won by more today.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Dont know about you but it ended up a great game. Enjoyed it.

Another night it be 5-6nil

See the usual suspects out again moaning. Football not for some people as they seem to have a robotic view of it's just cut and dry, black and white, for example city would have done them 5 nil. Forgetting city have lost many a game against inferior teams peppering the other goal keeper.

Dont know how someone could say he tactically inept, after seeing how many chances we had :lol::lol:

Was a good night. Job done, onto the semi final.
I am not moaning, but on another night it could have been 1-0 and we could have been out.

It was far too tight a game against a team that we should really look comfortable and in control against with the quality of player on the field.

It’s a game, for me, that asks more questions of the team than provides answers. That’s all I’m saying.

He has earned the time to answer those questions!

SAFMUTD

The 'philosophy' to possession when we have the ball is pretty much 'it's a free hit'. No cohesion, subtlety or patterns of play at all. It's why AWB can have the ball so many times and he's not getting called out by his team mates or Ole when he does jack all with it.

Copenhagen had more 'class' on the ball, stretching us from side to side with a quarter of the talent, technique and athleticism. Shameful stuff.

What does Carrick, Phelan and McKenna do? Ole deserves a lot of credit for his man management, it's absolutely brilliant and breath of fresh air. He's got the players to defend as a team, be switched on defensively, work hard and be expressive when attacking but feck me it's pretty 'enjoy yourselves lads, go out and there do your work' with no further instruction. It's absolutely no wonder we look so limited and out of ideas when we're not waiting for a moment of individual brilliance.
Cant disagree with this.

RollieOle

A Norwegian PE teacher with zero style of play and zero game plan that has taken his team into the semi finals of the FA Cup, the semi finals of the league cup, the semi finals of the Europa League and third place in the league in his first full season....

90 + 5min

I literally named 5 yesterday. I don’t really like the naming of managers though. Prefer it just to be in a thread of its own where it can be discussed properly. You don’t believe in anyone coming in doing a better job than Ole which your reponse to this will show, so what’s the point. But you asked so I’ll deliver:

Pochettino
Tuncel
Rose
Nagelsmann
Ten Hag

Why do I think they will do good and not crumble? Well it depends what crumbling is? I mean right no we are satisfied with 3rd and unpredictable performance and poor squad management. So anything above that is a success really.
Pochettino, who never won anything.
Tunchel, who won 1 cup in Germany before going to PSG and a league who pretty much anybody who is manager would win. Including me and you.
Rose, who won Bundesliga in Austrain with a team as dominant as Celtic or PSG in their countries.
Nagelsmann, who never won anything and have even shorter CV then Solskjaer.
Ten Hag, One league and one cup. With Ajax! In 2 (plus this one) years.

At least, come with some better names.

AshRK

3rd in the league. Semis in cup competition and now semis in Europa. If someone had offered me this before the season, I would bitten their hands off.

Good job for his first full season. Hopefully we go on to win this competition.

Kag

criticalbollocks more like. Stop going on the internet and pretending to be a football coach. We create chances and play attacking football almost every week. If it was that easy, and no coaching was taking place, then the same football would have been evident under the last three fuds we decided to employ. It wasn’t. Not even close.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
criticalbollocks more like. Stop going on the internet and pretending to be a football coach. We create chances and play attacking football almost every week. If it was that easy, and no coaching was taking place, then then same football would have been evident under the last three fuds we decided to employ. It wasn’t. Not even close.
How dare you! Clearly Copenhagen had more class on the ball. Which is why they managed 0 shots on target in nearly 130 minutes of football, we hit the post 3/4 times and their keeper set a record for saves. If we played more like them then that could've been us.

Bwuk

I’m still not convinced we are very good. Teams seem to have figured us out. We really need to sort the shape of the team out because it’s not working.

Skåre Willoch

I think with the exception of every point, you're right.
Yeah. We had what, 14 shots on goal? And that's excluding the 4 shots that hit the post. But we rely on the players simply "enjoying themselves and wait for individual brilliance". :houllier:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I’m still not convinced we are very good. Teams seem to have figured us out. We really need to sort the shape of the team out because it’s not working.
Then why have only 1 of them beaten us in 24 games, a match we sacrificed in order to secure top 4?

oreon

Ole has earned another season, no one can argue against that. But there is more than enough to doubt if he up to the job of challenging against Klopp and Pep. This team is way too much up and down, and there are questions whether Ole has a system. Pool and City have raised the standards, and with City strengthening this summer you might need 90 points to be anywhere close to the title.

If Ole gets Sancho, we need to see consistency. 3 months of great performances followed by a month of subpar games shouldn't be tolerated. We have to decide whether we are the same league as Juventus, Barca or Madrid or we are happy to be top 4. If we are an elite team, we need to act like it. You win or you are out.
That needs to start next season if Ole gets Sancho.

Bwuk

Then why have only 1 of them beaten us in 24 games, a match we sacrificed in order to secure top 4?
We had a purple patch when Bruno came in bad teams didn’t know how to defend against him.

It’s clear from the last few games to me teams know how to defend against us. Narrow defence because everyone comes infield, and force the full backs to play because ours aren’t very good.

I’m not saying to sack him right now or anything, but we need a rethink tactically.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Agreed. He deserves another season for sure and he has done well but I’ve the same uneasy feeling. I’ve no vested interest in him doing badly. Fecking hell, it’s the ‘smaller’ fixtures that leave me feeling like this. Suppose Sir Alex had them too. That’s what I keep telling myself. We somehow ended winning a lot more than we lost and that was enough and in big games we pulled it out of the bag. Anyway, this is a moot point as he’s getting next season no matter what and rightly so.

Robbie Boy

It's literally the same two or three usual suspects who trot out the same waffle in this thread, no matter the result. We get it, some of you won't change your stance on Ole but regurgitating the same drival after every game is fairly tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.