Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

He'sRaldo

Hoffenheim qualification for CL is the best of the underwhelming rest in Bundesliga that year. They qualified with 55 points. That's incredibly low but also shows the state of some of the midtable clubs in Germany...and the next year in CL, Nagelsmann's Hoffenheim finished last in their group. He never had the chance to back up his 'success' at Hoffenheim.
There was an outcry a few pages ago about the ridiculousness of pointing out we had a very low points total this year and were also the best of the rest. So it doesn't make sense to bring up points total in Nagelsmann's case as he also qualified for the CL. Either both managers did well to qualify for CL, or it's a stick to beat them both with.

Ole is the right fit for United right now. He knows the type of player and quality needed at United. He also knows the mentality needed. He can infuse the squad with the requisite talent and character. It's still lacking in consistency and quality depth. Continuity (Ole) and consistency go hand in hand.

United need one forward to step in for Greenwood and or Rashford from time to time or at least challenge Rashford. Mason cannot start every match. Martial needs cover but he's the most improved player by far and if he can remain consistent at this current level or even be better...that would be scary. Also need at least one central midfielder who can cover for Bruno and/or Pogba. Need a 3rd CB who can spell Maguire and Lindelof who then pushes Bailly to 4th choice while Tuanzebe or Mengi gain experience. All while Williams, AWB, McTominay, James, and Greenwood all must improve and be more consistent.

I'd rather continue to see Ole groom these players and potentially new talented players for another couple years and then assess his future. By then, the team will be theoretically at it's optimal. Front 3, Bruno, Pogba, Matic replacement or McTominay/Fred, the back 4, and probably Henderson or new GK.
So (i) knowledge of the right quality of player, and (ii) knowledge of the right mentality of the squad are the most important things you think a Utd coach should provide.

That's fair enough. I'm skeptical that recruitment of players and mentality alone will be enough to take us back to the top due to the high level of organization and huge points totals that the top managers in England are showing. But those two are certainly an important part of the puzzle.

Crustanoid

He's not getting backed by Ed and the board to take us to another level. Literally as soon as we hit top 4, they stop spending and there is no ambition to take us any higher, because they are greedy and do not give one jot about the football side of the club and the fans (except the income generation aspect).

So when he inevitably gets sacked after taking us no further due to the constraint of the people running the club, we won't have had a fair chance to judge him. But getting 3rd and doing well in EL is a promising place to be after 18 months

edcunited1878

There was an outcry a few pages ago about the ridiculousness of pointing out we had a very low points total this year and were also the best of the rest. So it doesn't make sense to bring up points total in Nagelsmann's case as he also qualified for the CL. Either both managers did well to qualify for CL, or it's a stick to beat them both with.

So (i) knowledge of the right quality of player, and (ii) knowledge of the right mentality of the squad are the most important things you think a Utd coach should provide.

That's fair enough. I'm skeptical that recruitment of players and mentality alone will be enough to take us back to the top due to the high level of organization and huge points totals that the top managers in England are showing. But those two are certainly an important part of the puzzle.
Qualifying for CL is always good, but it's fair to point out that England has a lot more competition for CL spots than Germany. And let's see how United do in the group stage next year.

United need more quality and consistent quality. Quality players make a quality coach. Shit players will bring down any talented coach. There are some things I still question about Ole and staff such as primary formation/tactical setup and squad rotation. However there isn't enough squad depth or consistency from the first XI to specifically examine and be very critical of formation/tactics and rotation.

United need more goals and that might come with a change in formation/tactics just as much as better players and more consistent play from Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, and Bruno. But what about from set pieces, or when the squad is rotated...who can fill the void and how will they be setup to win.

He'sRaldo

Qualifying for CL is always good, but it's fair to point out that England has a lot more competition for CL spots than Germany. And let's see how United do in the group stage next year.
But that would lead into more and more context like respective transfer monies spent, wage budgets, etc. Best to leave it at they both did a good job but still need to trend upward.

United need more quality and consistent quality. Quality players make a quality coach. Shit players will bring down any talented coach. There are some things I still question about Ole and staff such as primary formation/tactical setup and squad rotation. However there isn't enough squad depth or consistency from the first XI to specifically examine and be very critical of formation/tactics and rotation.

United need more goals and that might come with a change in formation/tactics just as much as better players and more consistent play from Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, and Bruno. But what about from set pieces, or when the squad is rotated...who can fill the void and how will they be setup to win.
Hard to tell how true this is our very own SAF was the boss at getting the best out of every player, mediocre or not. There have been managers who live and die by their players, and managers who elevate their players. I don't think player quality is the be all and end all. With that said, more quality players never hurt so I'm all for it. But only in addition to setups and rotations that elevate the players, and certainly not the other way around. I think fundamentally better setups begets better players, and rarely ever the opposite.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I can't agree fully since he showed a very high level at Hoffenheim even before he went to Leipzig. And Hoffenheim doesn't as good a setup Leipzig, so he can operate independent of setup. Maybe he's a bit overhyped, but I don't think it's for that reason.

But more importantly, which kind of coach do you think is the right fit for us?
The one we have right now

rotherham_red

Nagelsmann was appointed a few months after Ole. Before that was Rangnick and Hassenhutl.
It's a pointless comparison - clubs like Leipzig have a very specific club structure where the manager really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things - he's a coach above all else, and just another piece in the structure. They identified Nagelsmann because he was the best fit for that squad and he'd require the bare minimum in terms of adaptation, etc.

The issues with Utd go far beyond the manager, and Ole has had to contend with a Frankenstein's monster of a squad which doesn't fit his style of play and has had to shift out a lot of deadwood with not much coming in the other way in terms of incomings. He's done extremely well to get us 3rd with what is arguably our weakest squad in the PL era, all things considered.

Mainoldo

It's a pointless comparison - clubs like Leipzig have a very specific club structure where the manager really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things - he's a coach above all else, and just another piece in the structure. They identified Nagelsmann because he was the best fit for that squad and he'd require the bare minimum in terms of adaptation, etc.

The issues with Utd go far beyond the manager, and Ole has had to contend with a Frankenstein's monster of a squad which doesn't fit his style of play and has had to shift out a lot of deadwood with not much coming in the other way in terms of incomings. He's done extremely well to get us 3rd with what is arguably our weakest squad in the PL era, all things considered.
So was things better set up for him at Molde?

Withnail

My username would become so awkward if Ole ends up like David Moyes next year :houllier:
If you ask nicely after you get promoted they may let you change it.
But that would lead into more and more context like respective transfer monies spent, wage budgets, etc. Best to leave it at they both did a good job but still need to trend upward.

Hard to tell how true this is our very own SAF was the boss at getting the best out of every player, mediocre or not. There have been managers who live and die by their players, and managers who elevate their players. I don't think player quality is the be all and end all. With that said, more quality players never hurt so I'm all for it. But only in addition to setups and rotations that elevate the players, and certainly not the other way around. I think fundamentally better setups begets better players, and rarely ever the opposite.
The one caveat to Ferguson getting the most out of his players, which he absolutely did for many years, is that those players were all brought into the club by Ferguson.

Skåre Willoch

Yes?

He basically built Molde, with good backing from rich owners obviously. Molde wouldn't be anywhere near where they are today without Ole.

Molde right now is a power house of a club (by Norwegian standards), with great players in every position, and even their 2nd best XI would contend for the title. They're contenders year in, year out, and every season now is "1st or failure". They buy great young players, develop them, and sell them on with relative success and for good money (Haaland the best example). They usually play very attractive football as well. Heck, they've even done well in Europe!

Before Ole Molde was a mediocre club with 2nd place as their best ever finish. They've had some good teams throughout the years, but they've been bouncing between the 1st and 2nd flight regularly. The year before Ole's arrival (in 2010) they were battling relegation all the way until the end. They won the league in Ole's first season (2011), and the year after, and won the cup in 2013.

Before Ole: 0 league titles, 2 Norwegian Cups
After Ole: 4 league titles, 4 norwegian cups.
They've also finished 2nd twice, and reached the round of 32 in Europa. They also hold the record for most points in a season.

Of course it helps that they have wealthy owners, but in my opinion, Molde wouldn't be anywhere near what they are today without Ole, as his arrival made all the difference to how much the owners were willing to invest. They've said so themselves, that Ole was the key reason to them investing as much as they did. Now they've built a structure that can last for a long time, in a city with 30k people. With Ole as the main architect. Some people tend to talk down his time there, but he's really built something special. You cannot take away his influence on both the football club and the city of Molde.

(Btw, I hate Molde.)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Let him finish the rebuild, he obviously has a good eye for players as all of his signings have been successful, we’ve got to a semi final in all the cups we’ve been in but just been unlucky with the opponents we’ve had, there’s potential there, we just need Ed Woodward to back him with his first choice targets!

troylocker

Watching the likes of RB Leipzig really makes you wonder what we'd be like if we were coached by someone with a solid tactical nuance.
Lol! Are you referring to the match yesterday where none of the teams wanted to attack and created a grand total of 13 chances combined in 95 minutes of play. Leipzig were the better team, but come on! It didn't take a masterclass to beat AM yesterday, AM sat back and and did nothing for 75 minutes out of the 95 they played. That was literally one of the worst CL matches I've seen this year. Nice scalp/result for RB, nothing more.

How is our record under Ole against "well coached" teams with "tactical nuance"?

Jeez!

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Been a while since I’ve been in this thread. Who are these 23.4% posters who still want Ole sacked end of season. Please expose your identities to me. I’m as curious as they come.

Bring your best arguments. I’d also expect an alternate manager recommendation who’ll be replacing Ole.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Been a while since I’ve been in this thread. Who are these 23.4% posters who still want Ole sacked end of season. Please expose your identities to me. I’m as curious as they come.

Bring your best arguments. I’d also expect an alternate manager recommendation who’ll be replacing Ole.
You just need to click on the 'Votes: 538' to expose the frauds and their shamefulness. :D

James Peril

Yes?

He basically built Molde, with good backing from rich owners obviously. Molde wouldn't be anywhere near where they are today without Ole.

Molde right now is a power house of a club (by Norwegian standards), with great players in every position, and even their 2nd best XI would contend for the title. They're contenders year in, year out, and every season now is "1st or failure". They buy great young players, develop them, and sell them on with relative success and for good money (Haaland the best example). They usually play very attractive football as well. Heck, they've even done well in Europe!

Before Ole Molde was a mediocre club with 2nd place as their best ever finish. They've had some good teams throughout the years, but they've been bouncing between the 1st and 2nd flight regularly. The year before Ole's arrival (in 2010) they were battling relegation all the way until the end. They won the league in Ole's first season (2011), and the year after, and won the cup in 2013.

Before Ole: 0 league titles, 2 Norwegian Cups
After Ole: 4 league titles, 4 norwegian cups.
They've also finished 2nd twice, and reached the round of 32 in Europa. They also hold the record for most points in a season.

Of course it helps that they have wealthy owners, but in my opinion, Molde wouldn't be anywhere near what they are today without Ole, as his arrival made all the difference to how much the owners were willing to invest. They've said so themselves, that Ole was the key reason to them investing as much as they did. Now they've built a structure that can last for a long time, in a city with 30k people. With Ole as the main architect. Some people tend to talk down his time there, but he's really built something special. You cannot take away his influence on both the football club and the city of Molde.

(Btw, I hate Molde.)
Completely disagree. As you said; rich owners. It takes very, very little to go from also-ran to winner in the Norwegian league. Just like in the national hockey league. He did obtain a few players because of who he is in Norway, but it’s not like we’re talking about Messi and Ronaldo. The league is incredibly weak, teams like Brann and Vålerenga can win the league if they spend some money - which they both did the last 10-15 years. Besides, Molde did well long before Solskjær became manager, the history and culture was in place. They competed in the CL in the 90’s, so let’s stop pretending they were some mini club he completely changed.

romufc

Can you explain what's the Ole's playing style, please? And what you've seen of it that makes you confident he'll the right manager to be a winning team again?
Better signings ok. Better men management ok. Do you have the feeling there's a clear game plan and we play like a unit...not just individual play? Thanks!
I am keen not to get into the Ole on another thread, so I will quote you on here.

My post was not to defend Ole, I wanted to see some consistency from the poster.

However; I do somewhat agree with you that we do not play as a unit and the style might not be seen.

I will make exuses which you may not like:

1. Took over half way through with a very unbalanced squad. Unhappy players.
2. Got the job and realised how had the job is
3. Style was quick counter attacking football based on players we have as seen in big games
4. has not had the players to go dominate a game
5. Injuries have cost him heavily.
6. We have seen signs of a game plan post lockdown.

Based on the above, is it enough for everyone to back him? perhaps not. Has he changed the way Manutd are? yes for the better

Therefore; I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to implement the style he wants this season. I am not saying 100% he will win us a title, but I sure am willing to give him the chance, not because he is Ole the legend or anything, because he is our manager.

Changing managers now to me makes no sense.

CG1010

We have now a clear XI and specific roles for each player -- I think this must be the first time since SAF that we have a settled team. No more dropping of players just as they were improving, or demanding players to start in different positions.. And no surprise we have started to develop some patterns of play (like little triangles involving Bruno/Pogba/Rashford/Martial/Greenwood) and partnerships, like between Rashford and Shaw and of course Maguire and Lindelof.

Rest will happen, a) with time, and b) buying better players for example on the right hand side to enable similar partnership.

romufc

No if you read I said Ole should have been sacked based on results.

In hindsight he has turned it around so no issues with him atm

The bit you highlight on Pep also has nothing to do with style. It didnt take him long to implement that, results though was another story
Glad you said that because most of us were frustrated at the time.

Ole is inexperienced in comparison to Pep, Klopp etc. He will need more time than others to implement his methods because the methods that might have worked for him at Molde wont always work at Manutd, opponents are switched on and find ways to play against you.

How can you expect a manager to implement a style when his best player keeps getting injured. Start of season you go in with a plan, how we will attack and defend. We end up losing Shaw, Martial and Pogba in the first month.

We have a team with 3 new players, 3 key players out and the backups not good enough.

Okay, we start playing well and we lose McTominay, Rashford.

Since the lockdown, we have seen when the ball gets upfield, we want to play intricate football around the box, if you do not think this is true, just look at the number of penalties won, alot have been fouls based on good football.

But we all know, this is not complete, we cannot play a high line with Matic, Maguire Lindelof.

Most managers would struggle in the same environment. Which is why I am willing to give a manager who has been dealt blow after blow a bit more time. I also keep seing fans complaining about Lindelof. At the start of the season, we could sense that Ole wants to bring Tuanzebe in and most of us thought by the end of the season he would be first choice. Now, he got injured for the rest of the season and Lindelof was fit and played well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I am keen not to get into the Ole on another thread, so I will quote you on here.

My post was not to defend Ole, I wanted to see some consistency from the poster.

However; I do somewhat agree with you that we do not play as a unit and the style might not be seen.

3. Style was quick counter attacking football based on players we have as seen in big games

Based on the above, is it enough for everyone to back him? perhaps not. Has he changed the way Manutd are? yes for the better

Therefore; I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to implement the style he wants this season. I am not saying 100% he will win us a title, but I sure am willing to give him the chance, not because he is Ole the legend or anything, because he is our manager.

Im consistent. I called for his head based on results. I think winning a league should buy you more time. Juve thought otherwsie, its quite clear what I am saying and what I said.

I did not say Ole should be sacked because of this style or lack of it
And I do believe a competent manager should he able to implement what resembles a style relatively quickly. Are u attemtping to be a pressing team, possession team, counter attacking team. Aggressive vs passive etc. That doesnt mean you will be able to win titles with that style right away (e.g Pep)

I think its silly to try and isolate what I said into a specific context just to make a silly point. Understanding what the opinion was would make more sense

Grande

I do agree it takes time to implement playing style, even more so when it differs to what the players are used to. Even moreso when you get injuries. Even moreso when you want some kind of results in the mean time.

What some times perplexes me is what people mean by ‘playing style’. There are a whole range of criterion that you can use to define playing style, and Solskjær Has been pretty clear on most of them.Neither is improvisation something opposed to playing style, it’s rather that where and when improvisation is sought after is part of the playing style.

Ole as of now favours 4-2-3-1 with quick passing and attacking at speed in many phases of the game. He wants technical and creative attacking players, balanced with soeed and tenacity.

He wants attacking players to improovise quite alot in the attacking half, and focuses on players playing into space more than playing to foot. He wantsattacking players to move to open up spaces for each other, rather than to be in position to receive ball on foot.

He believes in technical players creating overload by quickness rather moreso than crosses to aerial threats, or long spells of possesion to wear out opponents.

All this as been increasingly evident in our play, with training and recruitment. I’d challenge people to exemplify what they mean by playing style or lack of such when they take anyone to tasknfornit.

Mainoldo

Go push your chest out in another thread. This ones full.

rotherham_red

I don't know the circumstances which he had at Molde, but I'd say it would be a fair assumption to make. The size of the club obviously meant it was easy for him to shape it on his own terms, whereas at Utd obviously that wasn't the case.

Actually never mind, I've just noticed it was the prime WUM himself who asked the question :lol:

rotherham_red

Completely disagree. As you said; rich owners. It takes very, very little to go from also-ran to winner in the Norwegian league. Just like in the national hockey league. He did obtain a few players because of who he is in Norway, but it’s not like we’re talking about Messi and Ronaldo. The league is incredibly weak, teams like Brann and Vålerenga can win the league if they spend some money - which they both did the last 10-15 years. Besides, Molde did well long before Solskjær became manager, the history and culture was in place. They competed in the CL in the 90’s, so let’s stop pretending they were some mini club he completely changed.
I mean, the poster did say the owners themselves had said that Ole was crucial, but James Peril from the internet obviously knows better than they do... :houllier:

EDIT - also, your "competing in the CL in the 90s" isn't half doing some heavy lifting - they had one season in the 99/00 season, where they finished dead last and lost all but one game :lol:

romufc

I do agree it takes time to implement playing style, even more so when it differs to what the players are used to. Even moreso when you get injuries. Even moreso when you want some kind of results in the mean time.

What some times perplexes me is what people mean by ‘playing style’. There are a whole range of criterion that you can use to define playing style, and Solskjær Has been pretty clear on most of them.Neither is improvisation something opposed to playing style, it’s rather that where and when improvisation is sought after is part of the playing style.

Ole as of now favours 4-2-3-1 with quick passing and attacking at speed in many phases of the game. He wants technical and creative attacking players, balanced with soeed and tenacity.

He wants attacking players to improovise quite alot in the attacking half, and focuses on players playing into space more than playing to foot. He wantsattacking players to move to open up spaces for each other, rather than to be in position to receive ball on foot.

He believes in technical players creating overload by quickness rather moreso than crosses to aerial threats, or long spells of possesion to wear out opponents.

All this as been increasingly evident in our play, with training and recruitment. I’d challenge people to exemplify what they mean by playing style or lack of such when they take anyone to tasknfornit.
Its an easy narrative, there is no play style or no patterns.

How many times have we seen when our first team is out, Shaw overlap Rashford ? How many times has Martial pulled to the left and got the ball and driven into the box?
How many times do we play quick one touch on the edge of the box?

However; they will all say thats all individual brilliance.

Matic dropping in, full backs pushing is all implemented by Ole.

If Ole had a rigid style, they would say "he only has one way of playing". The thing with Ole is, he has seen what Fergie has done and learnt that one style does not suit every game. Against weaker opponents, we try to push and dominate them.

Against stronger teams, we sit and counter attack. Different styles of play dependent on the opposition.

If you only have one stlye, i.e Lampard who everyone raves on style, you could end up getting a hiding against bigger teams.

Remember Pep? he played his style going to Anfield and got blown apart, last season in the title decider, he changed style by going a bit more conservative.

Mainoldo

I don't know the circumstances which he had at Molde, but I'd say it would be a fair assumption to make. The size of the club obviously meant it was easy for him to shape it on his own terms, whereas at Utd obviously that wasn't the case.

Actually never mind, I've just noticed it was the prime WUM himself who asked the question :lol:
Gotcha;)

lysglimt

Scout
Brann didn't spend SOME money - the spent so much money they basically went bankrupt doing it. Andresen alone cost about 10 million. What Brann did was overspend to win. It's a bit like Blackburn and Jack Walker.

As for Molde - what happened in the 90's is hardly relevant.

Before OGS won the league -Molde's results were

2005: Finished 14th and survived relegation after play-offs
2006: Bottom and relegated with 25 points
2007: Won the Norwegian version of the Championship with 69 points
2008: 9th place with 31 points
2009: 2nd place with 56 points (13 points behind Rosenborg)
2010: 11th place with 40 points (28 points behind Rosenborg)

So if Molde did well before OGS arrived - it was more than 10 years before OGS arrived. They basically had one good season in about 10 years before he arrived.

Skåre Willoch

We’ll just have to disagree then.

They’d never won the league. Now they’ve won it 4 times. With 2 cups and 2 runners up. In 8 years. The owners wouldn’t have invested (nearly as much) if not for Ole, they’ve said so themselves.
What he and they built they reap rewards from now. They’ve been arguably the best team of the decade from 10-19.

Brann and Vålerenga won the league, yes. Once. And have been also rans since. Brann has even been relegated since they last won. You can’t really compare Moldes success with those two, as Molde has actually managed to maintain it for a long time now, while VIF and Brann has not. Actually, no team but Rosenborg has managed to win anything consistently except for Molde for what. 40 years?

And yes. Molde was (and still is to an extent) a relatively small club. But since 2011 they’ve completely transformed. In every way imaginable.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You just need to click on the 'Votes: 538' to expose the frauds and their shamefulness. :D
Alternatively, you can use your brain and realise the poll has not been updated. I am not switching to the bandwagon vote just because I would be 'exposed'.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
They basically had one good season in about 10 years before he arrived.
They also won their first ever league title under him. And then defended the title. I can't be arsed to dig up the stats here - but that doesn't happen often in Norway beyond Rosenborg (who have dominated the Norwegian game for ages). *

Ole's initial Molde stint was fueled by money being invested, certainly, but it wasn't unprecedented or insane (Rosenborg remained the big daddy of the league in terms of money, fan base, every relevant factor).

You can downplay the importance of having done well in Norway - sure. It's a shite league. But to downplay what he achieved there, as such, given the context - is ridiculous. He took a team that finished 11th the previous season, won the league - and then defended it the following season. It's precisely the sort of thing which normally makes people sit up and pay attention.

* In what you can reasonably call "modern times", it's the only example beyond Rosenborg (who won by default for years and who have remained a force until the present). The last instance of a team defending the title - before Ole's Molde - was Vålerenga in the mid-80s: when players in the top tier (correct me if I'm wrong) still had day jobs - at any rate, it was a very different world.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They also won their first ever league title under him. And then defended the title. I can't be arsed to dig up the stats here - but that doesn't happen often in Norway beyond Rosenborg (who have dominated the Norwegian game for ages).

Ole's initial Molde stint was fueled by money being invested, certainly, but it wasn't unprecedented or insane (Rosenborg remained the big daddy of the league in terms of money, fan base, every relevant factor).

You can downplay the importance of having done well in Norway - sure. It's a shite league. But to downplay what he achieved there, as such, given the context - is ridiculous. He took a team that finished 11th the previous season, won the league - and then defended it the following season. It's precisely the sort of thing which normally makes people sit up and pay attention.
Exactly, you only have to look at what Sir AF did when he broke up the Old Firm dominance with Aberdeen before coming to United.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
And he has a better win percentage at United, than Poch had at Spurs...just saying
I guess when it comes down to it Poch's Spurs usually looked like they knew what they were doing tactically, and the players were good ones raising their games from good coaching.

Our guys under Ole kind of look like they are making it up as they go along? Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it looks.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Exactly, you only have to look at what Sir AF did when he broke up the Old Firm dominance with Aberdeen before coming to United.
Well...yeah - but even as someone who generally stands up for Ole, I have to say (again) that the Fergie/Aberdeen thing isn't comparable at all. For one thing, the Scottish top tier back then was miles better than the Norwegian counterpart which Ole's Molde won.

Secondly, Fergie's Aberdeen won the old CWC, beating Real Madrid in the final. Which is - obviously - on an entirely different level compared to anything Ole achieved with Molde.

Mainoldo

I guess when it comes down to it Poch's Spurs usually looked like they knew what they were doing tactically, and the players were good ones raising their games from good coaching.

Our guys under Ole kind of look like they are making it up as they go along? Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it looks.
That’s how it looks to everybody.. but people lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.