Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Not fit is not an excuse.

We have the same break and the same schedule as every other team.

It's our responsibility to make sure our player are fit on the first game of the season.
We didn't.

Litch

Who is though? Its painfully clear that the owners and Ed have zero ambition outside of creating a steady revenue stream for themselves. Success for them just means getting CL because that means more revenue.

Its also painfully clear that the first XI is good enough for top 4, but we have a massive drop in quality when we have to play the backups.
Clearly I've never owned something that's worth Billions, but if I did, why wouldn't you not want to make money out of it? If the shares came up for Bayern, I'd buy them cause I'd make money. Don't have to be a fan to make money anymore than you do to loss it.

City owners aren't fans? Don't think the Russian owner wore his Chelsea shirt to bed at 5 years old?

What we mean as fans is we aren't winning anymore than the club not run right. 30 years it took Liverpool to win the PL, this down to being run right? City would probably be in a lower division and are not cause they are now run right? If you want the club to have owners that just through money at it, that's not run right either. There is no win/win in football and trust me, there will be true fans of those other clubs that equally know those wins are soulless.

These Utd owners are absolute feckers but when you float the family business on the exchange, you leave yourself open to be bought by anyone. These are who should really be blamed for leaving us in the vulnerable position to start with....

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s not good enough. He should never have been given a permanent contract.

Crimson King

I think he's a good manager and has done well to steady the ship after the distaster that was Mourinho.

I've always worried that we'd need someone better to really challenge again though, and now that feeling has become more and more prominent. It's not just yesterday's result, there were plenty of performances last season that worried me.

He just doesn't have what it takes to compete with the likes of Klopp and Pep. He can make good players play well, but even then it's only to a certain extent, and he has failed to elevate average players into something greater as part of the team.

Bulldog United

Palace were a week and a couple of competitive games ahead of us yesterday, and it showed in the conditioning of the players. Still a crushing defeat that puts us on the back foot immediately.

I'm guessing we'll now agree to meet Dortmund's asking price for Sancho, and we'll have wasted weeks attempting to haggle for nothing but negatives.

Litch

They’ve also said no to players that LVG and Jose wanted.
Maybe but that's the same for all managers isn't it. Pep and Klopp dont always get what they want either? Joking aside, wouldn't have given those two feckers money either especially Jose. At least Pep and Klopp improve the players they already got....

Hansa

His third season now, I wonder what his fanboys will find for excuses in November when we are 8th in the league.
I'm not really involved in the back-and-forth between the trenches here, but I'm glad United didn't sack Fergie when, in his seventh season, still searching for that first title, they were 10th in November, before a certain Frenchman arrived.

BR7

Great Post man.

You're really contributing to the conversation.
And you wanting ole is contributing to Liverpool’s succsss and our demise. Anyone who wants ole here is anti Man Utd pure and simple and has no love for the club just for Ole. He sat there and mocked SAF and Sir Matt saying he doesn’t live in the dark ages and won’t shout and throw tea cups around. Are you effing joking Ole.? Go home ole. We can’t allow the ole in fans to continue this BS with excuse after accuse. When the grounds reopen we will see you at the grounds, and shout ole down. The glazers/Woodward need to see we’ve seen through their mouthpiece ole. No more ole go efffing home and leave the job of managing the biggest club in the world to someone who actually has some sense or understanding of football. That defence you’ve been working with for how long make the same mistakes since the day you joined. Go home ole and OT isn’t you’re home, molde/Cardiff is. No More Support for OGS.

You are an inept manager and you’ll never be good enough. Go home ole, go back to molde where you belong as a manager.

OLE OUT, OLE OUT, OLE OUT, OLE OUT,

Last edited:

BR7

I'm not really involved in the back-and-forth between the trenches here, but I'm glad United didn't sack Fergie when, in his seventh season, still searching for that first title, they were 10th in November, before a certain Frenchman arrived.
SAF had won things that meant something with Aberdeen, ole is a donkey

AaronRedDevil

Why? He's a very very average manager. Average coach. Average tactician. He should have been a caretaker manager while we're sounding out a more qualified candidate. His transfers, including breaking 2 (3?) records, are middling at best. Persisting with him is just languishing in mediocrity. The only reason he's still in the job is because he's been a very excellent yes man to Ed. I guarantee you, if he's released from this job at this very moment, no other PL clubs would clamor for his signature. Let that sink in.
Because he’s simply not a yes man. He’s basically been saying he needs the right players for months now and the dipshits in charge aren’t doing that. He pulled off a miracle getting united into the top 4 and has the players respect. His transfers are great so far and at least he’s thinks for the long term rather then right now. The last 3 managers were obviously not right for us.

I feel Like Ole is a united manager they’ve been looking for. Yeah he’s not as good as pep or maybe even poch. But he needs time to actually prover otherwise. Took Klopp 3 years to make Liverpool what they are. He is doing something good with this team. Ole needs time and backing, otherwise what’s the point. We just sack a manager for getting us champions league football and losing the first match of he season? Stop the reactionary crap, its childish.

BR7

Ole has to go now we have to cut the cancer’s mouthpiece who hasn’t got any ability and talent out of the club. He is a glazer stooge why else would you give a manager who’s an out and out chump the Utd job?

TommiHelm

Like I said when I changed my vote in July, I'm happy to give him a chance to finish his project, but tactically and in terms of instilling some sort of vision in his team, I'm never going to be convinced he's anything above average (if even that). That hasn't changed at all from this result. He's still shit tactically and I still think we have to let him finish this.

The players he's bringing in still seem to fit the mentality he's trying to get in the team though. Donny seems to have the right personality and mentality.

But even so, I'm starting to question the recruitment strategy as well. When our first signing this window is a first team player in a position where he'll have to be a backup player. And when we seriously consider spending 100-150M on Sancho, when we so obviously need a commanding quick central defender, a offensive left wing back, a defensive midfielder (Matic replacement), and in my opinion a proper all out target man (unless we change to a 442 or 41212 type formation).

Sancho is brilliant, and I'd love to see him here. But in my opinion he's not gonna give us anything that the 3 M's should not already be giving us. And I really struggle to see how we're going from a 60 point team to a 80-90 point team just by getting Sancho right now.

I also find it funny how people were applauding Ole for the signings of Harry and James - "finally signing the right players" - while now that they are struggling it's not Oles signings all of a sudden. Even the ones that were already here. McT was lauded as the next coming, and it was all down to Ole giving him the chance to shine, now he's all of a sudden not good enough for United. And it's never Oles fault - isn't he the one in charge of developing our players and getting the most out of them though? Why is he praised for Greenwoods progress, but faultless when Harry, Lindelof and McT all of a sudden aren't good enough? It's really hard to discuss anything even remotely critical of Ole on here, cause he really does seem to have a endless bucket of get away free cards, and a well of excuses. And if you do find anything negative about him you're not a United fan.

There is no doubt in my mind there are managers (in the plenty) out there, that would get a lot more out of this current squad than Ole (and his current backroom staff). So I pray that he wakes up one morning and realize his own weaknesses and starts bringing in some backroom staff that can plug those weaknesses. But I seriously doubt it at this point.

I still would not vote "sack" if the poll was opened (yet again) though. I just don't see the point, and that form we found post Bruno last season leave a tiny glimmer of hope. We have to finish this now. Sixty some points ain't gonna do it this season though in my opinion. I feel like this will be a 80+ points for 4th season. And I frankly don't see us breaking 70.

BR7

So
Because he’s simply not a yes man. He’s basically been saying he needs the right players for months now and the dipshits in charge aren’t doing that. He pulled off a miracle getting united into the top 4 and has the players respect. His transfers are great so far and at least he’s thinks for the long term rather then right now. The last 3 managers were obviously not right for us.

I feel Like Ole is a united manager they’ve been looking for. Yeah he’s not as good as pep or maybe even poch. But he needs time to actually prover otherwise. Took Klopp 3 years to make Liverpool what they are. He is doing something good with this team. Ole needs time and backing, otherwise what’s the point. We just sack a manager for getting us champions league football and losing the first match of he season? Stop the reactionary crap, its childish.
are you joking ? I think anfields that way go find it

Giggsyking

Are you comparing a manager that took a small team like Aberdeen to win major domestic and European honors against giants like Celtic domestically and Real Madrid in europe to a manager whos won the Norwegian league? Many supports united and wanted sir alex to stay at that time because people saw it in him but cant see it in Ole now and want's him out.

Hansa

Are you comparing a manager that took a small team like Aberdeen to win major domestic and European honors against giants like Celtic domestically and Real Madrid in europe to a manager whos won the Norwegian league? Many supports united and wanted sir alex to stay at that time because people saw it in him but cant see it in Ole now and want's him out.
Well, that wasn't really a premise in your statement.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Clearly I've never owned something that's worth Billions, but if I did, why wouldn't you not want to make money out of it? If the shares came up for Bayern, I'd buy them cause I'd make money. Don't have to be a fan to make money anymore than you do to loss it.

City owners aren't fans? Don't think the Russian owner wore his Chelsea shirt to bed at 5 years old?

What we mean as fans is we aren't winning anymore than the club not run right. 30 years it took Liverpool to win the PL, this down to being run right? City would probably be in a lower division and are not cause they are now run right? If you want the club to have owners that just through money at it, that's not run right either. There is no win/win in football and trust me, there will be true fans of those other clubs that equally know those wins are soulless.

These Utd owners are absolute feckers but when you float the family business on the exchange, you leave yourself open to be bought by anyone. These are who should really be blamed for leaving us in the vulnerable position to start with....
Its the club/board who negotiates contracts and deals and we are fecking brutal at it. We can blame former managers for some bad transfer picks, but the common denominator is Ed and the board. We are second only to City in terms of wage expenses, which is fecking disgusting when you compare the players at disposal for each of the clubs. Its just rumors, but i have read several places that the Sanchez deal for example was pushed through by Ed in spite of Jose's wishes because he wanted a big name signing.

Then you have players like Lindgard, Jones, Pereira etc who barely even play, yet are given new contracts. Have the managers explicitly said these players are part of their future plans or is it that the club has kept them on because they dont want to spend cash on better players?

Lastly, the transfers themselves, both in and out have been a mess. Any players we buy we pay a premium and then some, meanwhile the players we sell are given away for free or sold for peanuts.

Its not even about the Glazers siphoning money from the club and placing a massive debt on us, but more about how the club is operated and its a fecking mess by the looks of it.

The_Order

We need better owners with ambition.

Sacking Ole won't do squat - these lot are happy to keep getting their dividends.

We have the only owners in Football who take out of the club more than they put in.

Litch

Its the club/board who negotiates contracts and deals and we are fecking brutal at it. We can blame former managers for some bad transfer picks, but the common denominator is Ed and the board. We are second only to City in terms of wage expenses, which is fecking disgusting when you compare the players at disposal for each of the clubs. Its just rumors, but i have read several places that the Sanchez deal for example was pushed through by Ed in spite of Jose's wishes because he wanted a big name signing.

Then you have players like Lindgard, Jones, Pereira etc who barely even play, yet are given new contracts. Have the managers explicitly said these players are part of their future plans or is it that the club has kept them on because they dont want to spend cash on better players?

Lastly, the transfers themselves, both in and out have been a mess. Any players we buy we pay a premium and then some, meanwhile the players we sell are given away for free or sold for peanuts.

Its not even about the Glazers siphoning money from the club and placing a massive debt on us, but more about how the club is operated and its a fecking mess by the looks of it.
You make sense. Gonna take a special manager to straddle both owners and getting results on the pitch. Sadly it took the greatest manager to ever do so.....what chance does Ole have?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We need better owners with ambition.

Sacking Ole won't do squat - these lot are happy to keep getting their dividends.

We have the only owners in Football who take out of the club more than they put in.
We need both.

IWat

SAF had won things that meant something with Aberdeen, ole is a donkey
It's the same with the Klopp analogy. Klopp took Dortmund from 13th to winning league titles against Bayern which meant even when things weren't going perfectly there was faith he knew what he was doing. Ole's managerial history can't be compared to either. It seems we recognise that we need to give someone time to build a project but we've picked a complete unknown quantity to do it. Another stupid decision by the board.

Withnail

And you wanting ole is contributing to Liverpool’s succsss and our demise. Anyone who wants ole here is anti Man Utd pure and simple and has no love for the club just for Ole. He sat there and mocked SAF and Sir Matt saying he doesn’t live in the dark ages and won’t shout and throw tea cups around. Are you effing joking Ole.? Go home ole. We can’t allow the ole in fans to continue this BS with excuse after accuse. When the grounds reopen we will see you at the grounds, and shout ole down. The glazers/Woodward need to see we’ve seen through their mouthpiece ole. No more ole go efffing home and leave the job of managing the biggest club in the world to someone who actually has some sense or understanding of football. That defence you’ve been working with for how long make the same mistakes since the day you joined. Go home ole and OT isn’t you’re home, molde/Cardiff is. No More Support for OGS.

You are an inept manager and you’ll never be good enough. Go home ole, go back to molde where you belong as a manager.

OLE OUT, OLE OUT, OLE OUT, OLE OUT,
It takes a lot more than an opening day defeat for the match-going fans to turn on the manager.

Do you go to games?

Crashoutcassius

What do you geniuses recommend ?

Sack ole today and what is the plan then ? Try to hawk Maguire and AWB and sign whoever the new coach wants at a rate of 2 players a window ?

Let's generously say 50 50 poch wants to join a couple of days before the window closes with no pre season and such a wierd negative vibe around the club, who is our back up the other 50 percent of the time and why are they likely to do better than ole has done with this group of players + a couple of very slow additions every year

saivet

Sack ole today and what is the plan then ? Try to hawk Maguire and AWB and sign whoever the new coach wants at a rate of 2 players a window ?

Let's generously say 50 50 poch wants to join a couple of days before the window closes with no pre season and such a wierd negative vibe around the club, who is our back up the other 50 percent of the time and why are they likely to do better than ole has done with this group of players + a couple of very slow additions every year
For me the issue is the situation we've put ourselves in, rather than trying to rectify it all now. I don't rate Ole at all but we are where we are and unfortunately it feels like we are delaying the inevitable but right now we have to continue with him until our hands are forced or at the end of the season.

FatherWolff

You can argue Ole has had no pre season and a window.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

get poch or whoever your target manager is on the phone now and tell them ole will be gone midseason. get a couple signings done in advance. give them 6 months to figure out who they want to sell (Pogba is the biggest question mark,whether the new manager will build his team around him). Sell shite like jones,james etc asap and maybe we fluke a domestic cup. This is how the least damage will be done to the club, anything else is delaying the inevitable.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Because, unlike Ole, Pochettino is a very good coach.

Abhinav

I see the mass hysteria has started soon this season. One albeit bad defeat and it seems that the house is crumbling.
It seems the incompetency of Ed & Glazers in the transfer window is being taken out on Ole. I am shocked that one bad defeat is all takes for people to move from general optimism to downright despair.

crossy1686

career ending
Ole has to go now we have to cut the cancer’s mouthpiece who hasn’t got any ability and talent out of the club. He is a glazer stooge why else would you give a manager who’s an out and out chump the Utd job?
Oh yeah, because that will work won’t it? What’s stopping them appointing another “stooge” after Ole? Wake up.

The_Order

I see the mass hysteria has started soon this season. One albeit bad defeat and it seems that the house is crumbling.
It seems the incompetency of Ed & Glazers in the transfer window is being taken out on Ole. I am shocked that one bad defeat is all takes for people to move from general optimism to downright despair.
Reactionary nature of your modern football fan.

These guys were seething Ole finished 3rd and were lying in wait for the next slip up.

Apparently sacking Ole is the key to success.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Sack. Enough of this ridiculous experiment.
You could be right? However, who would you replace him with? By the way, we can't be on top forever, things always change in life as the cycle & pattern shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.