Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

He'sRaldo

Ole doesn't seem to have fixed his mistakes from last season, so I think this will be the season.

As time goes on it will become more apparent to anyone who can't see it yet.

Crashoutcassius

The signing of Fernandes pretty much saved him last season but now that honeymoon period seems to be long over, the wheels are coming off again. We've been pretty dam poor for a while now, did well for a few games after lockdown but that seems a distant memory now.
We were top of the table for final 14 games of seask.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The signs are there and have been for a long time. Ole is very lucky to still have this job after the horrendous season last year till bruno arrived.
Fergie was so lucky to win 13 PL titles. Only happened cod he signed Cantona. Actually Fergie was a very shit manager

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ole doesn't seem to have fixed his mistakes from last season, so I think this will be the season.

As time goes on it will become more apparent to anyone who can't see it yet.
You just be hurting so bad that we won

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
You know,

I've been a big advocate of Ole and he's done so much right, most importantly sorting out the toxic mess Jose left and has tried his hardest to lift the mood at this club, something which is overlooked as important at times, and done a great job at it and I think there's been so much times since he took i've enjoyed watching us play, I also still hold to this day the biggest issue at this club is not the manager, it's the incompetent board and until that is fixed we will never really be any sort of european powerhouse,

However, for the first time since his takeover, little doubts are starting to creep in and perhaps a sad realisation we might not lift a trophy with Ole at the helm and it's gutting to think it might not happen, Ole is a club legend and such a nice guy, you just want him so badly to succeed here and lead us back to glory, well i do anyway,

But i really am struggling to see any sort of identity or plan with this team, most games i am really confused at what our plan is to win the game other than hope for individual pieces of brilliance, tonight against Luton, this team we have fielded, as sh*te as we may say they are there's champions league/premier league/erdevise/europa league winners out there and we hardly look a championship outfit nevermind a team that finished 3rd in the premier league, we just look absolutely hopeless and devoid of any sort of plan from the manager,

This is not knee jerk btw, it's been something i have been closely watching for a whole, i am doing a part time course in sport management so been watching back a lot of our old games, studying patterns of play, adaptation to opposition play and how to counteract that etc and been comparing our approach to the Scousers, Madrid of 2016/17, Bayern this year and it's a very worrying watch at how we handle a game over 90 minutes compared to some of the better teams out there,

Anyway, just my two cent, we do have an issue at this club with hanging on to nostalgia like no other and at times i worry that is hampering us most, even me wanting Ole to win with us because he is a club legend is an example but i would not choose that over winning with someone else that has zero association to us.
Great post JXCK!

Despite this he needs to finish his rebuilding project and stay in charge another season or two.

The club is in such bad condition that we need some sorts of stability until we are on safer ground. Next step will be to find a two part solution with one executive DoF and a new modern match coach with limited responsibilities.

He'sRaldo

You just be hurting so bad that we won
I've tried my best to be Ole in, but I can only be oblivious for so long. I'm technically still on the fence only because I still find it hard to call for his replacement, due to sentimentality.

All that has nothing to do with this match.

edgecutter

This argument that gets used is so stupid, buying players to improve the team is the name of the game for managers.

The only sign is there always going to be fickle fans that are not prepared to give time and just want instant success.
He's had 2.5 seasons here. We are still nowhere near challenging, not winning, challenging and look far from an accomplished side.

Has he been hampered by the Glazers? Yes, but the style and system of play seems to be easily broken down by inferior teams, and this needs to be changed for me to fully back him.

Shark

@NotShark
Just get him the damn players!
Not Ole's biggest fan but it's clear to see going into another season with Mata, Lingard, James and Ighalo as backup players isn't something that many managers could work with. They're awful players to have to select, especially for a club this size.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Brighton away twice could be tough, but could also really get our season underway.

edgecutter

Fergie was so lucky to win 13 PL titles. Only happened cod he signed Cantona. Actually Fergie was a very shit manager
Fergie was a proven winner as a manager before he came to Manchester. But sure, continue to pretend that there aren't serious questions about our style of play.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fergie was a proven winner as a manager before he came to Manchester. But sure, continue to pretend that there aren't serious questions about our style of play.
Nah Fergie was shit. It’s all Cantona.

that’s your logic not mine so own it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He's had 2.5 seasons here. We are still nowhere near challenging, not winning, challenging and look far from an accomplished side.

Has he been hampered by the Glazers? Yes, but the style and system of play seems to be easily broken down by inferior teams, and this needs to be changed for me to fully back him.
We win 3-0 and you spout all this crap. Dear oh dear

Zen86

With an abysmal 66 points. A million points away from top. Bruno came and lifted the team with his way of playing, which seems to have regressed as he's settled in with the team.
3rd is 3rd, which is better than most seasons post-SAF.

Flexdegea

Who has had 2.5 seasons here?

starman

1.5....and last season was his first full season and finished 3rd and back in the CL, while most people were predicting United to finish outside the top 4, yes no progress...

edgecutter

We win 3-0 and you spout all this crap. Dear oh dear
This is why standards have dropped as fans. You're not allowed to question the management, am I even allowed to question the owners because they might but Jadon Sancho? I am concerned with how we are playing and how rigid Ole is. I am concerned we will watch Liverpool run away with the title again with us not laying even a finger on them and I am concerned that the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves and even Everton could over take us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This is why standards have dropped as fans. You're not allowed to question the management, am I even allowed to question the owners because they might but Jadon Sancho? I am concerned with how we are playing and how rigid Ole is. I am concerned we will watch Liverpool run away with the title again with us not laying even a finger on them and I am concerned that the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves and even Everton could over take us.
That’s not OGS fault. Take out your frustrations on the Glazers in an appointment thread

Matriac

He's been in charge for 7.5 seasons now and we've only gotten to third and semi-finals, how long can we stomach this.

He'sRaldo

We won 3-0. What’s to criticise?

on Sunday, we were simply unfit.
The result was great, and the end especially was quite enjoyable in contrast to the rest of the match.

But at this point it's not about any one match. It's that each match is simply confirming that the issues from last season are still here this season, and those are fundamental issues which Ole will live or die by, and they can't go another season unaddressed.

I hoped for a while that Ole would take steps to address them, but unfortunately I've given up that hope.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The result was great, and the end especially was quite enjoyable in contrast to the rest of the match.

But at this point it's not about any one match. It's that each match is simply confirming that the issues from last season are still here this season, and those are fundamental issues which Ole will live or die by, and they can't go another season unaddressed.
Each match? Our most recent 10 matches secured 3rd place.

Seriously you guys don’t even know what you are arguing any more. Just stuck in a bigoted opinion and desperate for the club to go backwards just so you can claim you were right to people you don’t even know on an Internet forum. I really do not get it.

shahzy

We won 3-0. What’s to criticise?

on Sunday, we were simply unfit.
i have a feeling this comment will be brought back up in a couple months time..
Also just as an aside regarding the conversation you're having with the other poster, we could have played Melbourne Victory and won 8-0. That still doesn't take away from the fact the team is seemingly poorly coached which by definition is the job of the manager.

He'sRaldo

Each match? Our most recent 10 matches secured 3rd place.

Seriously you guys don’t even know what you are arguing any more. Just stuck in a bigoted opinion and desperate for the club to go backwards just so you can claim you were right to people you don’t even know on an Internet forum. I really do not get it.
Well like I said prior, eventually it will be clear to see for most people.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
i have a feeling this comment will be brought back up in a couple months time..
Also just as an aside regarding the conversation you're having with the other poster, we could have played Melbourne Victory and won 8-0. That still doesn't take away from the fact the team is seemingly poorly coached which by definition is the job of the manager.
And yet we were the best team in the league post lockdown.
and what are your qualifications to decide if our team is well coached or not?
The evidence doesn’t match up to your fantasy.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Post in here after a win: "we just won, why are you complaining?"

Post in here after a loss: "knee jerk reaction!"

MattofManchester

He gets till the end of this season. But he needs to be backed or this argument will continue to rage onwards.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He gets till the end of this season. But he needs to be backed or this argument will continue to rage onwards.
If he’s not backed, the criticism should be directed at the Glazers and no one else.

also you don’t get to decide how long he gets and nor do any of the other OleOut fundamentalists.

MattofManchester

If he’s not backed, the criticism should be directed at the Glazers and no one else.

also you don’t get to decide how long he gets and nor do any of the other OleOut fundamentalists.
Jesus, I was having an opinion, as is my right.
Are you always this obnoxious?

Status
Not open for further replies.