Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis79

I am not saying that every player must be success. Of course that transfer market is hit and miss. There is no manager in the world who can have 100% success.
But i am questioning his thinking about AWB and James. If you want that your fb attack then you don't go for AWB.
James was a low risk buy, even if he doesn't make it here we will most likely recoup the 15M. I can understand the chance we took, he has tons of speed and was recommended by a United legend. That said he needs to go on a loan and get some playing time, his poor form doesn't warrant a place in United. I do get your point with AWB though, I'm a fan but like you said, if you want your FB's to attack, AWB isn't the best choice in that price range.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I wonder what is his goal for this season. What Ed wants from him? Title challenge of course not. Champions league place is a must for us and Glazers but without signings against Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal it will be close fight.
Is it possible that Ed and Glazers consider this season as build up for next? But next season without CL again slows us down....i don't know what the hell our strategy is right now. Do we even have one?
From a board level? It seems not

If they actually had any ambition and drive they would have been much, much more active in the transfer market, both incoming and outgoing. All the pundits who are calling for more action are not sticking up for their mate Ole, they are actually shocked by the feckers up top who do nothing

Any momentum we had from last season will be lost if we dont do something fast. When even Luke fecking Shaw is calling for more transfers you know somethings not right

Mainoldo

For Ole outers - had we played yesterday in the same way as we played against Sevilla and lost, would you be happy or should he still go? Genuinely dont understand how good do you think this team is? Would Dan James and Ighalo play anywhere else other than here? How is he supposed to win games with dross like this and play wonderful football?
Which Sevilla game? The first half was like Sevilla vs Jose. Also you highlight the crap players that Ole brought in.. but as they are crap let's say Ed signed them.

Mainoldo

I think it was mentioned by Ole somewhere where sometimes he likes players to come up with solutions on the pitch, mainly in the attacking half though.

If you play for Manutd, you do not need to be told what to do for 90 minutes, you have to have responsibility.

We have seen in games V City, Liverpool and those sorts of games, he is on the touch line barking orders, so for me its a case of why doesn't he do it when we do not have control of the game?
Funny that because before Utd he was managing Molde so what that his Molde advise too? It's a lame excuse you either want players to follow certain instructions are you rather they express themselves. It's not a dig there's no right or wrong answer. I just don't buy your Utd part of the statement.

Mainoldo

From a board level? It seems not

If they actually had any ambition and drive they would have been much, much more active in the transfer market, both incoming and outgoing. All the pundits who are calling for more action are not sticking up for their mate Ole, they are actually shocked by the feckers up top who do nothing

Any momentum we had from last season will be lost if we dont do something fast. When even Luke fecking Shaw is calling for more transfers you know somethings not right
I get it we are pretty crap and move slow. But lets be honest the window is not going to close without us buying a RW and LB so job done. It's unfortunate that it's took so long though not helpful but hey there's no evidence to say if players come in earlier your team starts better.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I get it we are pretty crap and move slow. But lets be honest the window is not going to close without us buying a RW and LB so job done. It's unfortunate that it's took so long though not helpful but hey there's no evidence to say if players come in earlier your team starts better.
Do you know something we dont know?

Spill the beans

Karlos PFC

For Ole outers - had we played yesterday in the same way as we played against Sevilla and lost, would you be happy or should he still go? Genuinely dont understand how good do you think this team is? Would Dan James and Ighalo play anywhere else other than here? How is he supposed to win games with dross like this and play wonderful football?
Wait until Dan James goes to Leeds. There is a man there that knows how to utilise his qualities.

Ighalo has the same agent as Ole or is a close friend of Ole, I'm not sure. Either way he made him a big favour to start doing business with United.

romufc

Funny that because before Utd he was managing Molde so what that his Molde advise too? It's a lame excuse you either want players to follow certain instructions are you rather they express themselves. It's not a dig there's no right or wrong answer. I just don't buy your Utd part of the statement.
Well, he did win titles at Molde so I am not sure what you are getting at?

ghagua

I thought this was a parody for a second but no, the Ole-outers in a nutshell. Embarrassing.
What's so embarrassing, counter anything that I said is untrue. Have you been watching the shite that is on display this season? The team should not be playing as they have been, no urgency, no nothing. This is the start of the season, they should be reasonably refreshed from the break, even though short. Unexpected results can happen, that is understandable, but the performances?

Look at the game against Palace or Brighton. We just got lucky in the Brighton game. Look at how Everton and Leicester are playing, do they have a better squad than United? Waiting for Sancho to solve all our problems is just not going to work.

ghagua

Imagine coming to the point where you can no longer enjoy you club winning. What's the point of fallowing football then? I worry a little about the mental health of some of our fans.
We won't be doing much of that this season. We've been down this route before, a few seasons without winning quick turns into decades, like 26 years with us. We've seen it with Liverpool who took even longer to win the league again. Bet you said the same thing with Moyes, LvG, and Maureen in charge.

Zen86

What's so embarrassing, counter anything that I said is untrue. Have you been watching the shite that is on display this season? The team should not be playing as they have been, no urgency, no nothing. This is the start of the season, they should be reasonably refreshed from the break, even though short. Unexpected results can happen, that is understandable, but the performances?

Look at the game against Palace or Brighton. We just got lucky in the Brighton game. Look at how Everton and Leicester are playing, do they have a better squad than United? Waiting for Sancho to solve all our problems is just not going to work.
It's embarrassing because you purposely ignore and dismiss any and all reasons as to why we've been slow to get going this season, basically because we're Manchester United and we should be amazing like all of the time yeah.

jackal&hyde

We won't be doing much of that this season. We've been down this route before, a few seasons without winning quick turns into decades, like 26 years with us. We've seen it with Liverpool who took even longer to win the league again. Bet you said the same thing with Moyes, LvG, and Maureen in charge.
Not with Moyes and the toxic one because it felt like we were going nowhere. This time I see the team evolving and it's exiting.

Foxbatt

I would like to comment on the view that he wants the players to find the solution. yes it is a brilliant idea and that should be the way BUT unless he teaches them the Right Space at the Right Time, he is not going to get them to play that way. Nothing so far has shown me that he teaches them that. The main reason why our players are so terrible in the their movements off the ball is exactly because of this. They do not play football in their heads before they move.
A good example was yesterday. Time and again there was empty space but none of our midfield would move into that space nor would our strikers move back into space to receive a pass from midfield and nor would our midfield attempt a pass there.
You do not pass to feet. You pass to the space where the receiving player has to be moving into.

I will tell you that there is always an empty space just infront of the opposing CBs. the area where the referee moves. None of our players ever move into that space. Other teams try to do cover that space when they attack us. Then when our full backs have the ball the pass infield and try to run forward not recognising the fact that the route of the ball to them is blocked and that the United player with the ball has to turn infield or back because the route is blocked. The other option is for them to try and take on a player and if he loses it the counter is launched because our FB has already overlapped.

Mainoldo

Well, he did win titles at Molde so I am not sure what you are getting at?
That's fine. So it's just a Ole thing. He like players to be responsible. Whether that be managing Molde, Cardiff or United.

Mainoldo

Not with Moyes and the toxic one because it felt like we were going nowhere. This time I see the team evolving and it's exiting.
Oh please. Europa league League cup then an Fa Cup final and finishing 2nd. But you thought we were going nowhere? Moyes didn't even get a full season so he doesn't even count.

I hate liars :lol:

Mainoldo

I dont do money bets with people online, but if we actually get a decent RW and a decent LB this window ill happily send baked goods or flowers to your house
I accept all gifts. The flowers will go nicely for the missus.. she says I spend to much time on this site.. She's convinced it's an x rated site.

romufc

That's fine. So it's just a Ole thing. He like players to be responsible. Whether that be managing Molde, Cardiff or United.
How do you know its an Ole thing? Do you know exactly how every manager manages?

So you think that Pep, Klopp and other managers don't give players responsibility? Are they coached when to make a pass, speed of pass, angle ? Most coaches will let attackers try and figure it out on the pitch whilst having a system.

Mainoldo

How do you know its an Ole thing? Do you know exactly how every manager manages?

So you think that Pep, Klopp and other managers don't give players responsibility? Are they coached when to make a pass, speed of pass, angle ? Most coaches will let attackers try and figure it out on the pitch whilst having a system.
Mate I don't know anything. But neither do you.. should we just disregard both of our points for good? It's an assumption of what is on display and what gets discussed around the football world.

Literally.......

Henry
Wayne Rooney
Rafael (Just recently)
Ander Herrera
Yaya Toure

There's loads more, but of the top of my head these players explained how managers work. Henry said he got subbed at half time for expressing his own creative freedom in a Pep system switching what side of the pitch he was on mid game.

Rooney said LVG literally told everybody no body dribbles in this team except Di Maria. There's loads of examples..

Stop debating with agenda's you learn nothing.

romufc

Mate I don't know anything. But neither do you.. should we just disregard both of our points for good? It's an assumption of what is on display and what gets discussed around the football world.

Literally.......

Henry
Wayne Rooney
Rafael (Just recently)
Ander Herrera
Yaya Toure

There's loads more, but of the top of my head these players explained how managers work. Henry said he got subbed at half time for expressing his own creative freedom in a Pep system switching what side of the pitch he was on mid game.

Rooney said LVG literally told everybody no body dribbles in this team except Di Maria. There's loads of examples..

Never knew Pep told Messi when dribble and when not to.

Never knew every manager told Ronaldo which skill move to use and when.

Mainoldo

Never knew Pep told Messi when dribble and when not to.

Never knew every manager told Ronaldo which skill move to use and when.
Ignorance is bliss. Maybe look at my Di Maria point and stop being a football thicko.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Imagine coming to the point where you can no longer enjoy you club winning.
It's happened with a number of posters on here ever since Moyes. Most will never admit as much, of course - but it's pretty clear what's going on: you become so attached to your "he needs to go, the sooner the better" stance that you start to actively wish for the team to lose.

Under LVG we even had people admitting openly that they wished precisely that. It's a mentality I just can't sympathize with. I mean, I get it - we all get it: the argument is that they want United to lose because they love United and consider the thing an acceptable short-term pain for a long-term gain (or something along those lines). But - again - I can't sympathize: suspecting - or being convinced - that the manager isn't the right one? Sure, I've done that ever since SAF retired. But actively wanting United to lose just to be proven right? Can't get on board with anything like that. I'd rather just call it quits - stop calling myself a United supporter, find something else to waste my time on.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Literally.......

Henry
Wayne Rooney
Rafael (Just recently)
Ander Herrera
Yaya Toure

Henry was talking about the buildup phase. Pep had given the freedom to his players to do whatever they like in the final third

Mainoldo

It's happened with a number of posters on here ever since Moyes. Most will never admit as much, of course - but it's pretty clear what's going on: you become so attached to your "he needs to go, the sooner the better" stance that you start to actively wish for the team to lose.

Under LVG we even had people admitting openly that they wished precisely that. It's a mentality I just can't sympathize with. I mean, I get it - we all get it: the argument is that they want United to lose because they love United and consider the thing an acceptable short-term pain for a long-term gain (or something along those lines). But - again - I can't sympathize: suspecting - or being convinced - that the manager isn't the right one? Sure, I've done that ever since SAF retired. But actively wanting United to lose just to be proven right? Can't get on board with anything like that. I'd rather just call it quits - stop calling myself a United supporter, find something else to waste my time on.
Make your mind up. Do they do it because they think it will improve United in the long term or do they do it for self satisfaction of being right? I don’t think the two are the same.

Mainoldo

Henry was talking about the buildup phase. Pep had given the freedom to his players to do whatever they like in the final third

Yes but that’s wasn’t my point which is why I pretty much said his last comment about telling Messi and Ronaldo how to shoot etc was just stupid.

I said they either have strict instructions or given the license to express themselves. Pep and LVG have strict instructions which is why Smalling can look like Smalldini and Daily Blind at 5”8 can play CB in the premier league. Other managers are not so ridged.

Now there’s common sense and stupidity levels to this if you think this means Paul Pogba can play a full game just playing where ever he wants on the field because the manager allows you more freedom then your just an idiot. But if you think he might be told go out their and create compared to you do this here and do that there. Then you might be right.

Either way the original point to the argument is that you don’t just tell players you play for Man Utd you should be able to figure it out is a methods of good management.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Do they do it because they think it will improve United in the long term or do they do it for self satisfaction of being right?
Depends on the individual poster, of course.

Some do it because they want to be proven right on the Internet (that's very much a real thing these days). Others might actually do it out of a genuine worry for where United are heading.

I don't sympathize with either category, though - that's my point. If I ever got to a point where I wanted United to lose (for whatever reason), I would just quit. Take up knitting, get serious about following snooker - whatever. It wouldn't be worth it anymore.

He'sRaldo

Depends on the individual poster, of course.

Some do it because they want to be proven right on the Internet (that's very much a real thing these days). Others might actually do it out of a genuine worry for where United are heading.

I don't sympathize with either category, though - that's my point. If I ever got to a point where I wanted United to lose (for whatever reason), I would just quit. Take up knitting, get serious about following snooker - whatever. It wouldn't be worth it anymore.
What do you think about boycotting a club in protest? As well as boycotting it's social media?

always_hoping

Everton, Leicester had proper pre seasons and no off the field sideshows to attend too.

United if the plan is to finish the season in 3rd again or higher Sancho is needed plus 1 or 2 others before the deadline closes. Most importantly the team needs get up to the required level of fitness and sharpness both individually and collectively.

OrcaFat

Wait until Dan James goes to Leeds. There is a man there that knows how to utilise his qualities.

Ighalo has the same agent as Ole or is a close friend of Ole, I'm not sure. Either way he made him a big favour to start doing business with United.
I like Bielsa and if Ole leaves for any reason I would pick Bielsa to come in. He’s just cool and a lot of fun.
James has qualities and sometimes his work rate is just what’s needed. He’s not good enough for United at the moment but will improve wherever he goes if he gets regular game time. I doubt if he will get significantly better coaching than he gets here, but what he needs is experience.

pav1790

On Bielsa, I agree completely. Bielsa will make use of any tool he has and make it work. Ole is definitely not in Bielsa class, he’s more of a motivator than a coach. Bielsa s coaching is an art. But then Bielsa also has had major meltdowns.

Foxbatt

Interesting analysis on the analysis show. Not good on our coaching staff.
AWB was getting too much inside. It may be ok for playing in a club like Palace where they defend all the time but not for Manchester United.
I think our coaching staff is definitely not up to the mark.
The movement of the ball of Liverpool is unbelievable. How they play the long ball too.
How their forward players drop into the space to receive the ball. These are all coaching.
Bilic with his variations on the corners. How to win the 2nd ball from the corners. Brenda set up his team different to what he normally plays. But we always play the same way.
It may not directly be Ole but his coaching staff who is not helping him. But ultimately the buck stops with him.

Interesting analysis on the analysis show. Not good on our coaching staff.
AWB was getting too much inside. It may be ok for playing in a club like Palace where they defend all the time but not for Manchester United.
I think our coaching staff is definitely not up to the mark.
The movement of the ball of Liverpool is unbelievable. How they play the long ball too.
How their forward players drop into the space to receive the ball. These are all coaching.
Bilic with his variations on the corners. How to win the 2nd ball from the corners. Brenda set up his team different to what he normally plays. But we always play the same way.
It may not directly be Ole but his coaching staff who is not helping him. But ultimately the buck stops with him.
Ah we aren’t being coached properly. The current Caf trend.

How many time can we mention coaching in one post?

Foxbatt

Ah we aren’t being coached properly. The current Caf trend.

How many time can we mention coaching in one post?
Well we are not. So it is a fact that a lot of other teams are better coached when our players keep making basic mistakes for sometime now. We get away with it because we have better individual players.

Well we are not. So it is a fact that a lot of other teams are better coached when our players keep making basic mistakes for sometime now. We get away with it because we have better individual players.
This is what infuriates me. It’s in fashion to say we aren’t coached properly.

Verminator

Is the fact that the grounds are empty, giving a one-sided impression of our fans, as entitled whingers?
Match going fans are much more supportive. Even under Moyes, the ground rocked more than Fergie's later seasons.

It just doesn't feel like we have that balancing influence, and the Skekses are in the ascendancy.

tombombadil

So let me get this straight -

Vs Lower opposition:

Play well and Draw/Lose - Ole out as he cant get results
Play badly and win - Ole out as no patterns of play
Play badly and draw/lose- Ole out
A comfortable win - The game means nothing

Vs Equal or better opposition:

Play well and Draw/Lose - Ole out as he cant churn results like Mou
Play badly and win - Ole out because of Individual brilliance
A comfortable win - Ole out as he can't break low blocks

Am I getting this right?
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I'm not sure if they realise how much they keep shifting goal posts to suit their agenda. It's been ongoing for all United managers and any player that becomes fashionable to hate on. This is the nature of the online mob. It's toxic.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So let me get this straight -

Vs Lower opposition:

Play well and Draw/Lose - Ole out as he cant get results
Play badly and win - Ole out as no patterns of play
A comfortable win - The game means nothing

Vs Equal or better opposition:

Play well and Draw/Lose - Ole out as he cant churn results like Mou
Play badly and win - Ole out because of Individual brilliance
A comfortable win - Ole out as he can't break low blocks

Am I getting this right?
You missed the general point about Ole not knowing how to coach or not knowing when to make effective substitutions, but add those and it’s a perfect OleOUT bingo card!

Status
Not open for further replies.