Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
Pochettino is overrated on here.

I am in the Ole out camp but people who think Pochettino is the answer are just following the media narrative of him.

I would actually put Brendan Rodgers ahead of him. Not saying I want Brendan here but he is better than Poch.

Eventually United will have to appoint a new manager because Ole is not what will move us forward. He has one way of playing football which is counter attack and I despise him for it.

Spent all summer chasing Sancho, when in fact this team needs a player who can break down parked defences and Grealish was available before his new contract.

Are we also saying McTominnay is the future CDM an area we are seriously lacking? I don't see anything in McTominnays game to suggest he is suited for that role.

clever man - I like Ole, but I can understand why some people question him. But the love for Pochettino - I really can't understand. There are 3 huge question marks in my opinion - and they are simply too big.

a) his poor signings - yes he did not have the same amount of money as some of the other managers, but man did he waste a lot of the money he had on crap players. Clinton N'Jie, Vincent Jansen two of the worst examples

b) he didn't win any trophies even when Spurs were really good - that doesnt necessarily mean anything, but it's a concern

c) and this is my main concern. He let Spurs implode completely. I would go so far as to say it's one of the biggest collapses in modern P.L
He finished 17/18 with 17 wins -4 draws -3 defeats and started 18/19 with 15-0-4. That is 32 wins 4 draws and 7 defeats. And continued with 8-2-9 in 18/19 and started 19/20 with 3-3-6
So from 32-4-7 to 11-5-15 - from 100 points in 43 matches (2.32 pr game) - to 41 points in 31 games (1,32 pr game)

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He spent more money than he ever done last season so why did Poch failed last season then? He signed what you called good signings like N’Dombele & Lo Celso so why the players failed him then? Good signings should improve the last season squad and yet they made the team worse and the manager sacked.

Son, Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Aldeweireld and etc are also highly rated like Scott, Fred, Rashfor, Martial and etc. End of the day highly rated players will still need to be developed & making improvement, they don’t just go become star right away because Mourinho couldn’t develop & improve them but Ole could and has done it.
As quoted by Sir Alex, “The cycle of a successful team usual last 4-5 years.” Spurs needed a huge rebuild similar to Chelsea and United, but all he got was a fraction of that. As I stated before, Pochettino was trying to get coutinho, Dybala or Bruno fernandes in that transfer window, but the board didn’t support that decision. Seeing how good Bruno has been for us, do you actually believe that Pochettino would have still been sacked if he had gotten him? I m quite sure that United would be nearer relegation if we hadn’t gotten Bruno. Regardless even without those signing, it was hard to motivate the players after the high of last campaign. Pochettino still had the same team throughout his last season(due to injuries and fitness issue of N’Dombele/Lo celso, so his rebuilding didn’t really take of until after he got sacked and Mourinho was able to splurge much more cash and get rid of several players in the following two transfer window.

jamesjimmybyrondean

As quoted by Sir Alex, “The cycle of a successful team usual last 4-5 years.” Spurs needed a huge rebuild similar to Chelsea and United, but all he got was a fraction of that. As I stated before, Pochettino was trying to get coutinho, Dybala or Bruno fernandes in that transfer window, but the board didn’t support that decision. Seeing how good Bruno has been for us, do you actually believe that Pochettino would have still been sacked if he had gotten him? I m quite sure that United would be nearer relegation if we hadn’t gotten Bruno. Regardless even without those signing, it was hard to motivate the players after the high of last campaign. Pochettino still had the same team throughout his last season(due to injuries and fitness issue of N’Dombele/Lo celso, so his rebuilding didn’t really take of until after he got sacked and Mourinho was able to splurge much more cash and get rid of several players in the following two transfer window.
Your infatuation with Pochettino is something. Do you think he can win us the league and why?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Do I actually believe that Pochettino would have still been sacked if he had gotten Bruno?

My answer is yes. Poch plays high press and he likes his defenders also to press. His failure wasn’t down to failing to sign Dybala or Bruno but because he has ageing and some average defenders, ageing defenders don’t have the leg anymore to press high and he got outdone by his own tactic. And it could also mean his man management for not being aware of this problem is to blamed or actually he doesn’t have any other system to play to suit with his ageing defenders.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Do I actually believe that Pochettino would have still been sacked if he had gotten Bruno?

My answer is yes. Poch plays high press and he likes his defenders also to press. His failure wasn’t down to failing to sign Dybala or Bruno but because he has ageing and some average defenders, ageing defenders don’t have the leg anymore to press high and he got outdone by his own tactic. And it could also mean his man management for not being aware of this problem is to blamed or actually he doesn’t have any other system to play to suit with his ageing defenders.
I agree with this, he needed new full backs. Rose had suffered depression I think since 2017 and Tripper was moved on. He needed freshening up big time, but I disagree that he never wanted to replace them. There is little to suggest he didn't want new full backs outside of looking at what transfer business was completed and then assuming "Oh, he probably didn't want a full back". He needed freshening up there, in central midfield and he needed a creative outlet to replace Eriksen. He only got the central midfielders, who needed a fair bit of time to settle.

I don't think Poch is blameless but I dont think the sack is a big stain on him. It's just the end of a cycle, when you consider Eriksen wanted out for almost a year by that stage, Toby A. was running down his contract hoping to move on, Rose as above had mental health issues and Tripper had passed his peak.That's 4 players already that you need to replace before looking at how you can improve further in terms of adding quality etc.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think those people are just taking offense to the constant Pochettino chatter when they think Ole is still performing
But most of his posts here are just replies to them. Same with mine. I haven't really brought Poch up unless I'm replying to someone who's already talking about him.

pav1790

I think those people are just taking offense to the constant Pochettino chatter when they think Ole is still performing
What is the opposite of infatuation? outfatuation? ;)

Honestly, the thread is more than a year old by this point. We are in a new season. People are just entrenched in their views by this point. So either they will be proven wrong or right, depending on the outcome of Oles tenure.

I know what sort of fan I want to be. I would always wish for the current manager to do a good job, even if I might have apprehensions About some of his abilities.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Your infatuation with Pochettino is something. Do you think he can win us the league and why?
Context to your question is why is Pochettino considered by some as be able to deliver something he has never done in his life
Under bye media and fan pressure of Manchester United?

whereas out current manager has won many league titles as a player and manager and knows out club and fan base preferences inside out and is on an upward trajectory with the full support of his squad?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Oh yes - it was. Just because our under a few of our managers was worse, doesn't mean his was good. Liverpool spent the same as Spurs.
Put it another way. Oles net spend is double in 3 windows what Poch spent in 9 or 10. Even allowing for inflation it's still pretty notable.

It's true Liverpool spent the same as Spurs and I'm not saying Poch is better than Klopp but then again who in the world is?

lysglimt

Scout
From the posts I read on this thread, he is no more infactuated with Poch as certain others are against him.
I personally just think its ridiculous that he is constantly being mentioned as our future manager. First of all I think our fans should get behind our manager - but even if they dont - I still cant see what is so special about Pochettino apart from the fact that he is unemployed (for a year)

lysglimt

Scout
Put it another way. Oles net spend is double in 3 windows what Poch spent in 9 or 10. Even allowing for inflation it's still pretty notable.

It's true Liverpool spent the same as Spurs and I'm not saying Poch is better than Klopp but then again who in the world is?
But if we should replace OGS with Pochettino - he should be so much better that comparing the 2 is impossible. Is it ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I personally just think its ridiculous that he is constantly being mentioned as our future manager. First of all I think our fans should get behind our manager - but even if they dont - I still cant see what is so special about Pochettino apart from the fact that he is unemployed (for a year)
I'm supporting Ole to win week in and week out whilst he's our manager. But holding the opinion that Poch is better suited for the job does really take anything away from it.

As I said, the fuel around the Poch debate is as much from people dead against him than those for him. You're in an Ole sack thread, so naturally there will be debates of this nature.

Dve

Whether you 'stand by your manager' is a different question as to whether one Manager may be better than another. Look at Ancelotti's record (forget his rather immediate impact on what was an extremely average Everton team...), it's very impressive, in anyone's standards, he is a winner of Trophies and Titles, and yet he was out of work when we had OGS. So what does that prove, a manager being out of work. Maybe it's actually out of choice?

I stand by OGS, because I am a fan, and he is a legend. But that's it. Because what I have seen, depsite huge amounts of monies spent, is a group of players, still inconsistent, and football which lacks identity. How on Earth do we play under OGS? On the break? Quick? Slow? Press? Possession based? Hit the forwards early? Flying wing-backs?

I have no idea. None.
Bar the first few games coming into a new season much unprepared, I´d say we´ve been very consistent all since we signed Bruno. Your last part I really don´t get. Liverpool are good because they can score in so many ways, the long ball, on the break, tiki-taka, crossers into the box etc. You suggest that United should find one specific way to create chances and stick to that?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He came close on a shoe string budget and with a team that were never in contention of winning the league or even the champions league until he took over. So, i can bet that at United where he won’t get a shoe string budget and has tons of world class players, amazing academy, and facilities at his disposal that he will win the league. What Pochettino has is consistency to perform at a high level, which is one of many we need at United.

I doubt he would. Bruno will have gotten Spurs more goals and would have been the ideal replacement for Eriksen who was incredibly poor in his last season that even Mourinho wanted him gone. Even if they would still leak goals, they would score as much. As you stated, the defense he had had a lot of issue,” but as I stated he wasn’t given the amount need for a complete rebuild. Even Mourinho who is perhaps one of the best defensive coach is struggling to organize the Spurs defense. So, it is a problem that needs a complete overhaul and Pochettino wasn’t able to do that due to being at a club that aren’t known to spend big in the market.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I doubt he would. Bruno will have gotten Spurs more goals and would have been the ideal replacement for Eriksen who was incredibly poor in his last season that even Mourinho wanted him gone. Even if they would still leak goals, they would score as much. As you stated, the defense he had had a lot of issue,” but as I stated he wasn’t given the amount need for a complete rebuild. Even Mourinho who is perhaps one of the best defensive coach is struggling to organize the Spurs defense. So, it is a problem that needs a complete overhaul and Pochettino wasn’t able to do that due to being at a club that aren’t known to spend big in the market.
Score as much? :lol:

They lost 7-2 to Bayern.

Bojan11

Very good performance. Hopefully kick on with the next few big games too and improve our performances at home.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Credit where credit is due. Nice to see us dominate the ECL finalists. Need to keep going but that injury to Shaw won't help.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He does alright against most of the elite teams of world football, for a PE teacher.

90 + 5min

Nothing different from other games. Brilliant tactics from him and staff. Our preseason has ended and like Newcastle game, we are fit and full of energy.

Win against one more RedCafe greatest manager in Tunchel.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Poorly formatted post
Where are you OleOUTers????

I’m gonna have my way with you tonight
. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just bend over and let’s get it done with.

el3mel

Masterclass of tactics tonight. Fantastic night!! I'm absolutely buzzing.

Ole, AWB, Fred, Scott, De Gea, Tuanzebe, Lindelof holy shite how many today had the match of their life time ?!

I didn't enjoy a match for us against a big team like this for ages. It was very even with attacks here and there all the match. We looked like we totally belong to this level against CL finalist runner up.

Damn I can't control my excitement.

SteveW

So how about backing him then?

Perfect system in first half. Adapted tactics after Tuchel's changes. This keeps happening.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ole addressed some big concerns I had about him tonight, namely big decisions in dropping Pogba and adopting a system that sets us up best for the result. Really pleased that.

ThinkTank@Cafe

2019: Hire a German prodigy, they said. A Tuchel, a Naggelsman...
2020: a rookie manager wins against Tuchel with Tuanzebw and Shaw against Neymar and Mbappe

padzilla

Hipster
absolutely brilliant tonight. I have been a vocal critic of Ole many times but if that’s the standard he can bring regularly then bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.