Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Qq

You took from that that I only watched 15 minutes? Christ you're lost.

Parked the bus, feck me
What about you read the 2nd paragraph of the post you just replied not just the first one and stop pretending like Chelsea was not just sitting deep, played sideways and defensive.

AshRK

Chelsea created feck all yesterday and they came to not lose. In the last 30 minutes they were playing 8 in the back and a keeper. Had rashford taken his chance in tue first half we wouldn't here be moaning. Not a great game and 2 points dropped but to say we parked the bus is a joke.

R'hllor

Looking at some posts and the amount of gold fishes we have in this place, we really need a thread for watch along of our games replays.

Withnail

Oh yeah I don't think PSG is a reason to think he's tactically inept don't get me wrong. Im just saying it's an obvious system to deploy, that's all.

Nonetheless he deserves bags of credit for it so I don't want to Dock any points against him. My issue is his errors vs Chelsea, specifically setting them out to play passively and the personelle choices.
Mate it's spelt personnel

I'm not getting involved in the debate today but that spelling is hurting my brain :lol:

TheGame

I believe five out of the seven players behind the front trio weren’t playing against us. No Verratti (didn’t play the final either), no Marquinhos, no Thiago Silva, no Bernat... instead Herrera, Gueye from Everton and some other chap. None of their starting midfielders, had to throw on Everton-Moise Kean instead of Icardi to chase a goal. But sure, no point in adding those details to the agenda here. PSG with this injury crisis/corona isn’t even on par with Arsenal when their two golden boys aren’t producing the goods. On the day, I’d take only Neymar and Mbappe as sure starters for United. Maybe Kimbembe too.
Thiago Silva has left the club.Verrati was missed in midfield but outside of that, all of the other players were capable replacements Kurzawa was more than adequate for Bernat. It was their decision not play an extra attacker in midfield like Draxler. They had a world class attack which was nullified. The agenda seems to be the other way, whenever we get a result, seems to be excuses by Ole haters blaming the other side rather than how well we played.

TheGame

I love how Ole Out-ers have an excuse to downplay any achievement of this team.

Let's start with yesterday. Was James' inclusion wrong? Yeah, most likely, but you've got to remember that he fielded him without knowing that this is how Lampard would be setting up his team and none of us saw that coming - and by setting up the team, I don't mean 5-3-2 but more the "park the bus" tactic. So, as much as people are blaming Ole for team selection, people really need to look into the fact that Lampard pulled off a Mourinho there. And before people go on again about how we can't break low blocks, you've got to remember that we can't put more people in attack, as they can quickly start a counter with the pace they have. These might seem like excuses, but it's exactly what every manager would do against a big team who are equally as strong - even Klopp did that in the 0-0 in Mou's 2nd season, remember? It's easy to say that Ole didn't go harder, but considering our poor home record this season, and shambolic defending at home earlier this season, Ole felt it was necessary to get something rather than risk it all, which could have gone either ways (and had it gone south, the confidence of our players would have been shattered).

BTW, just found a quote by one of the more active memebers on this thread (not going to quote it as I don't want to start an e-fight, and will paraphrase it slightly so as to ensure people can't search it) - " The next couple of games are really tough for our manager. Hoping Ole adapts and considers VDB for a starting berth, with us attacking PSG and Chelsea on the counter".

Now, coming to the PSG game - how many people on here really thought we were going to get anything from the game? 52% of the forum thought that PSG would win (as per the score predictions people had). We knew who they're missing, and everything. So let's not act as if they were that weak. Most people regard Tuchel as one of the guys who should be in contention to replace Ole, and most of us regard him as a top coach. So, why wasn't he not able to get more from his side especially against a manager who "won't be hired by any other team in PL and maybe even the Championship"? And while I get Dave had a superb game, we could also have scored 2-3 more had we not fecked around in the final third. Additionally, didn't we face exactly the same issue most of last season - Pogba out for 2/3 of the season, Martial, Scott, Rashford out for 2-3 months each? If we bring that up, it's termed as 'excuses' however, it's perfectly fine to bring the injury issues the other team is facing to downplay our achievements?

It's when people criticize us after those wins that leads to Ole In-ers believe that you are just agenda posters. You don't rate Ole that high - sure, but atleast be consistent in your criticism!
Spot on!

Mainoldo

I love how Ole Out-ers have an excuse to downplay any achievement of this team.

Let's start with yesterday. Was James' inclusion wrong? Yeah, most likely, but you've got to remember that he fielded him without knowing that this is how Lampard would be setting up his team and none of us saw that coming - and by setting up the team, I don't mean 5-3-2 but more the "park the bus" tactic. So, as much as people are blaming Ole for team selection, people really need to look into the fact that Lampard pulled off a Mourinho there. And before people go on again about how we can't break low blocks, you've got to remember that we can't put more people in attack, as they can quickly start a counter with the pace they have. These might seem like excuses, but it's exactly what every manager would do against a big team who are equally as strong - even Klopp did that in the 0-0 in Mou's 2nd season, remember? It's easy to say that Ole didn't go harder, but considering our poor home record this season, and shambolic defending at home earlier this season, Ole felt it was necessary to get something rather than risk it all, which could have gone either ways (and had it gone south, the confidence of our players would have been shattered).

BTW, just found a quote by one of the more active memebers on this thread (not going to quote it as I don't want to start an e-fight, and will paraphrase it slightly so as to ensure people can't search it) - " The next couple of games are really tough for our manager. Hoping Ole adapts and considers VDB for a starting berth, with us attacking PSG and Chelsea on the counter".

Now, coming to the PSG game - how many people on here really thought we were going to get anything from the game? 52% of the forum thought that PSG would win (as per the score predictions people had). We knew who they're missing, and everything. So let's not act as if they were that weak. Most people regard Tuchel as one of the guys who should be in contention to replace Ole, and most of us regard him as a top coach. So, why wasn't he not able to get more from his side especially against a manager who "won't be hired by any other team in PL and maybe even the Championship"? And while I get Dave had a superb game, we could also have scored 2-3 more had we not fecked around in the final third. Additionally, didn't we face exactly the same issue most of last season - Pogba out for 2/3 of the season, Martial, Scott, Rashford out for 2-3 months each? If we bring that up, it's termed as 'excuses' however, it's perfectly fine to bring the injury issues the other team is facing to downplay our achievements?

It's when people criticize us after those wins that leads to Ole In-ers believe that you are just agenda posters. You don't rate Ole that high - sure, but atleast be consistent in your criticism!
We play one of the most boring 0-0’s since Fergie retired and yet you question people who are Ole out because they crisitise him
After a win but yet you wrote an essay on basically why your supporting this game?

I think all is fair in this war and your post proves this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What about you read the 2nd paragraph of the post you just replied not just the first one and stop pretending like Chelsea was not just sitting deep, played sideways and defensive.
You said they were parking the bus. They were certainly not parking the bus.
And you ignored all the other points I made, because you seemingly want to deflect and go on a tangent.

croadyman

3 matches at old Trafford, only 1 point. A manager oozing mediocrity.
Yeah and I don't like him using excuses about tiredness from europe and having no fans in the ground.

I hate comparing ourselves to that lot down the East Lancs but you don't hear Klopp complain about it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mate it's spelt personnel

I'm not getting involved in the debate today but that spelling is hurting my brain :lol:
Just the autocorrect on my phone, apologies! Once it's misspelt it will keep reverting to it

hobbers

If Lampard parked the bus yesterday, Ole parked a coach.

Flat back 6 for all practical purposes with 2 holding midfielders who can't bring the ball forward. Playing wingers for their defensive work rate even though they have zero ability. That is straight out of Jose's playbook.

The bottom line is that our back four is cobbled together with players who were badly scouted and dont really fit the ethos, but to compound that the defensive coaching is either abysmal or not even there in the first place, hard to tell which is the case. And the only way to mitigate that is to play 6 or 7 defence-focused players, hence the selections of Fred, McTominay and James over players who literally belong in a different league talent-wise. Which lets not forget is exactly what Mourinho ended up doing with his defensive wingers and constantly selecting players like Lingard.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You said they were parking the bus. They were certainly not parking the bus.
And you ignored all the other points I made, because you seemingly want to deflect and go on a tangent.
Ohh. So Chelsea played attacking football & creating good amount of chances yesterday then? Fantastic, this proves you didn't watch the game.

Jonno

Flat back 6 for all practical purposes with 2 holding midfielders who can't bring the ball forward. Playing wingers for their defensive work rate even though they have zero ability. That is straight out of Jose's playbook.

The bottom line is that our back four is cobbled together with players who were badly scouted and dont really fit the ethos, but to compound that the defensive coaching is either abysmal or not even there in the first place, hard to tell which is the case. And the only way to mitigate that is to play 6 or 7 defence-focused players, hence the selections of Fred, McTominay and James over players who are literally in a different league talent wise. Which lets not forget is exactly what Mourinho ended up doing with his defensive wingers and constantly selecting players like Lingard.
Disagree. We had more possession, more shots off target, more shots on target, looked the more likely to score. Chelsea got what they came for. We marginally deserved to win but didn’t have the cutting edge.

90 + 5min

Since when do we care what opposition fans think about our manager? Everyone gave Klopp shit until he won something.

I don’t know why people listen to people who casually watch our team once a month as if their opinion holds any weight.
People seem to look always for those who can back them up. Even if they don't know anything about situation.

Agreed

For the record - if we win away at Burnley, which is more than likely - we will be:

3 points behind Liverpool, ahead of Chelsea, worst case scenario 1 point behind City, 2 points behind Arsenal and 1 point behind Tottenham (if they all win their game in hand)

I think we can all agree that the season isn't quite over yet....
Correct. The season has just started. The league is thight and pretty much 10 teams can give it a go. We have started late because of Europa League and no pre season meant we would struggle in the beggining. Now we are getting fitter and better. Last week was positive and I'm looking at the future.

There's a difference between being 15th early on in the season with 7 points and playing well and being unlucky. But we have been absolutely awful and toothless this season in the league besides 15 minutes against Newcastle. Our home form is deeply concerning. We've been dominated by weaker opposition, we've made creaky defences look solid, our attack looks sterile and the only thing people have is PSG away to cling on to.
Home and away advantage are pretty much out of window without fans. First 2-3 games was all about getting our fitness back because we didn't have any preseason. Some players came for training 3 days before first game. We have been better and better and I fully expect that our form curve points up. Wich it does. Kast week has been nothing but positive for us.

I don’t know what you are moaning about the formation for. Why playing 5 defenders when Lampard was just gonna sit back? Just because it worked against certain team doesn’t mean it will work yesterday.

In fact it was the right decision to go 4231 than 5 defenders. The 5 defenders meant to play on counter against team that push higher and attack like PSG was. And yesterday, Lampard was completly the opposite of PSG. We created the same amount of chances as the one against PSG with that 4231.

This kind of post are fordbidden here. To much fact that is correct.

We were actually shite against Newcastle - who are a totally awful side - bar the last 20 minutes after DvB came on. Most on here were slating the performance up until that point. We were brilliant against PSG and then back to looking absolutely hopeless against Chelsea. It's not good enough.
We were brilliant against Newcastle and those 3 goals at the end should have come much earlier. Except the own goal, Newcastle didn't threathen us at all and it was easy win. People slating performences like that are the ones who need to think, are they downplaying everything because of their dislike of Solskjaer or do they actually see football in different way.

Mainoldo

Disagree. We had more possession, more shots off target, more shots on target, looked the more likely to score. Chelsea got what they came for. We marginally deserved to win but didn’t have the cutting edge.
4 Shots on Target according to the stats. I remember Mata outside the box. Rashford you guessed it.. outside the box. Rashford again.. outside the box and I can't even remember another shot on target. But it was nothing to do with cutting age, unless someone did a wonder strike we created naff all.

croadyman

4 Shots on Target according to the stats. I remember Mata outside the box. Rashford you guessed it.. outside the box. Rashford again.. outside the box and I can't even remember another shot on target. But it was nothing to do with cutting age, unless someone did a wonder strike we created naff all.
Yeah looked very blunt apart from forcing Mendy into a couple of saves

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Chelsea only had 1 shot on target and guess what it was? Reece James shit free kick. We created something, they created nothing. And remember, shot blocked like Cavani one wasn't considered as on target and that was a very good chance.

Jonno

Completely missed my point. We were more offensive than Chelsea both statistically and visually. Thanks for the breakdown on the shots, though. Chelsea’s shot on target? Remember that? We could have had Cavani in goal for the whole game and they don’t score.

Jonno

Chelsea only had 1 shot on target and guess what it was? Reece James shit free kick. We created something, they created nothing. And remember, shot blocked like Cavani one wasn't considered as on target and that was a very good chance.
Agree completely. Some “fans“ only pop up when we don’t win, though

Mainoldo

Listen lets cut all the bull. The game was crap regardless of the shots we had on target. It will be a game never to be remembered like when Mourinho made Moyes look good with that dross 0-0 at Old Trafford in Moyes's first season. Infact that game was better than this one.

Mainoldo

Completely missed my point. We were more offensive than Chelsea both statistically and visually. Thanks for the breakdown on the shots, though. Chelsea’s shot on target? Remember that? We could have had Cavani in goal for the whole game and they don’t score.
I agree. But they could have had Kepa in goal and we still probably wouldn't have score either. It was woeful.

Jonno

Listen lets cut all the bull. The game was crap regardless of the shots we had on target. It will be a game never to be remembered like when Mourinho made Moyes look good with that dross 0-0 at Old Trafford in Moyes's first season. Infact that game was better than this one.
It was a sh!te game, Chelsea came for a 0-0 and got it. You’re blatantly ignoring the fact that we were more offensive, more attacking and came closest to scoring.

Jonno

3 matches at old Trafford, only 1 point. A manager oozing mediocrity.
PNE, normally brilliant at home in the Championship, score for fun... have lost 0-1, 0-1 and 0-1 at home this season. Their manager is highly thought of and is performing with one of the lowest budgets in the league.

Is your theory the same throughout football, or where you’ve got an agenda?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We play one of the most boring 0-0’s since Fergie retired and yet you question people who are Ole out because they crisitise him
After a win but yet you wrote an essay on basically why your supporting this game?

I think all is fair in this war and your post proves this.
I'm supporting my manager and team and that is a 'war'?

Here's the thing - if a big game is boring and ends 0-0, it's mostly because one of the sides has parked the bus - whether you like it or not. From the top of my head, our 0-0s vs big teams post Fergie - vs Chelsea (where Mou parked the bus in Moyes' 2nd game), 0-0 vs City in LVG's 2nd season where both of us had parked the bus, 0-0 vs City(Jesus offside goal one) where Mou parked the bus, two 0-0s vs Pool at Anfield where Mou parked the bus and then yesterday.

If it was vs a Burnley or any mid-table team, you'd be right to criticize him. But surely you need to realize that it's stupid to put more men front when you know what can happen if they launch a counter, and that would be playing into his hands. It's literally how Werner has scored his only few goals while he's been at Chelsea.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

The bottom line is that our back four is cobbled together with players who were badly scouted and dont really fit the ethos, but to compound that the defensive coaching is either abysmal or not even there in the first place, hard to tell which is the case. And the only way to mitigate that is to play 6 or 7 defence-focused players, hence the selections of Fred, McTominay and James over players who literally belong in a different league talent-wise. Which lets not forget is exactly what Mourinho ended up doing with his defensive wingers and constantly selecting players like Lingard.
Chelsea had 8 players behind the ball most of the game, and besides their wingbacks going forward once or twice, all they did was play long on Havertz and Werner, hence they had 1 shot on target which was a shit mishit freekick from James

And Mata and James are known for their defensive work rate? Come on

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We were the attacking team while they were the defensive team. This is what happen when one team wants to score while the other teams only wants to defend and searching for the attacking team's error.

Klopp always moaning about playing against Mourinho's United and this is how it feels. To even say this is worse than Mourinho & Moyes one is shockingly non-sense. We had 14 shots, that's something only Mourinho & Moyes could dream of, they park the bus and we didn't.

Mainoldo

I'm supporting my manager and team and that is a 'war'?

Here's the thing - if a big game is boring and ends 0-0, it's mostly because one of the sides has parked the bus - whether you like it or not. From the top of my head, our 0-0s vs big teams post Fergie - vs Chelsea (where Mou parked the bus in Moyes' 2nd game), 0-0 vs City in LVG's 2nd season where both of us had parked the bus, 0-0 vs City(Jesus offside goal one) where Mou parked the bus, two 0-0s vs Pool at Anfield where Mou parked the bus and then yesterday.

If it was vs a Burnley or any mid-table team, you'd be right to criticize him. But surely you need to realize that it's stupid to put more men front when you know what can happen if they launch a counter, and that would be playing into his hands. It's literally how Werner has scored his only few goals while he's been at Chelsea.
You're supporting the manager. You're not supporting the team. Many seem to get confused with this.

You'll quickly critcise the players.. you won't quickly criticise the manager. They both represent the club so you can break down the difference if you like (By the way i'm not saying this is you, just what i've seen from posters on here. )

Okay. Literally a couple of years ago we had a 0-0 with Liverpool at Anfield. It was a way better game than this one. We did not attack a parking bus team. We both literally stood in the ring and landed punches like Williams vs Harrison. But I see you mentioned LVG. Go watch LVG's 0-0 vs Chelsea in his second season. The first 15 minutes have more action that the whole of this match.

Not being funny but Frank Lampard is absolutely terrible I have no faith this Chelsea was good enough to counter attack us. They was dead on their feet from minute one if we have applied pressure the game would have been over by half time. Then we could have sat back and closed if out as naturally they would have had to attack us and Dan James might have been useful for once.

James Peril

All the Ole outers will be wanting the next man sacked the second results turn sour for him too, which they will. Even Fergie went through some rough spells.

Woodward and Glazers out. Ole in.
They won’t though, the patience with both Mourinho and Solskjær lasted for a while. Mourinho went because he openly sabotaged the club, no fan will accept it. There is a difference between lack of patience and calling out incompetence. There will always be impatient people on a football forum, some us probably believe United have a devine right to always fight for the league regardless of external factors. The current manager has been here long enough to be judged on merit, development and potential. The mere fact that we’re unsure on which players are best and what formation to use, says everything about the club at the moment. Staying blindly loyal because you think the concept makes you a better fan... well, that’s how corporations and businesses fail most of the time, as board members and leaders aren’t challenged or replaced.

I think Solskjær should be leaving United because he doesn’t have the competence at the highest level, the needed charisma or savvy overall. I might be wrong and you are entitled to disagree, but please don’t talk like you know the future.

Mainoldo

We were the attacking team while they were the defensive team. This is what happen when one team wants to score while the other teams only wants to defend and searching for the attacking team's error.

Klopp always moaning about playing against Mourinho's and this is how it feels. To even say this is worse than Mourinho & Moyes one is shockingly non-sense. We had 14 shots, that's something only Mourinho & Moyes could dream of, they park the bus and we didn't.
We was not the attacking team. We just had the better chances. Both teams were defensive and boring.

Mate go re-watch Manchester United's Moyes vs Chelsea when he player Schurrle upfront. It was better than this game and that game was terrible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ohh. So Chelsea played attacking football & creating good amount of chances yesterday then? Fantastic, this proves you didn't watch the game.
Do you work in just binary fashion? Either a team is completely passing the bus or they are playing free flowing attacking football?

There's a reason I close debates with you early, let's just move on from this because you fail to grasp legitimate concerns and focus on random things that I never suggested.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@VP89

A back 3 formation was considered by Ole but according to the man himself he just couldn't implement it against Chelsea due to key players missing for specific roles in the set up. So had Martial and Telles been available I believe he would've gone with the same formation he tried against PSG.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
You're supporting the manager. You're not supporting the team. Many seem to get confused with this.

You'll quickly critcise the players.. you won't quickly criticise the manager. They both represent the club so you can break down the difference if you like (By the way i'm not saying this is you, just what i've seen from posters on here. )

Okay. Literally a couple of years ago we had a 0-0 with Liverpool at Anfield. It was a way better game than this one. We did not attack a parking bus team. We both literally stood in the ring and landed punches like Williams vs Harrison. But I see you mentioned LVG. Go watch LVG's 0-0 vs Chelsea in his second season. The first 15 minutes have more action that the whole of this match.

Not being funny but Frank Lampard is absolutely terrible I have no faith this Chelsea was good enough to counter attack us. They was dead on their feet from minute one if we have applied pressure the game would have been over by half time. Then we could have sat back and closed if out as naturally they would have had to attack us and Dan James might have been useful for once.
Are supporting the manager and supporting the team mutually exclusive?

Yeah, fans moan about players, but its plain to see if they play badly or not and besides a few agenda posters, its not like people want them sold after every bad game

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We was not the attacking team. We just had the better chances. Both teams were defensive and boring.

Mate go re-watch Manchester United's Moyes vs Chelsea when he player Schurrle upfront. It was better than this game and that game was terrible.
Not just better chances but much more chances. 14 shots vs 6 shots. There is nothing defensive about having 14 shots mate when the other team had 6 shots and sit deeper than us.

LARulz

An issue I have with Ole is he still has seemingly no clue what his best team or formation is after all this time. It means we genuinely go into games not knowing how it will go, at a performance level, forget scores.

I think 3 at the back is our best formation in terms of balance.

Tanzabe, Maguire and Lindelof/Shaw
AWB and Tellas as wing backs
Fred and McT for defensive games and Pogba in for most games as we should be on the front foot
Bruno
2 of Greenwood, Martial and Rashford (I actually think Rashford can play as an attacking wing back in games we are/should be bossing)

Status
Not open for further replies.