Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
It's like some people here demand a quickfix - or the manager should get fired. There isn't a single sane person in the world who can deny that we are moving in the right direction. Then there are people who claim we are not moving fast enough, or that we are more likely to reach the top with another manager - fair enough.

But if you look at our team from 2013 to december 2018. Did we ever have a team capable of deservedly beating one of the best teams in Europe away from home (PSG) and destroying one of the best teams in Bundesliga by 5-0 ? If we had a normal pre-season those results against Palace and Spurs never would have happened. But we had players with Corona, players whose minds were elsewhere after greek vacations or icelandic beauties - and worst of all - a team full of players who simply werent ready for the start of the season a month after the old season ended. I am sure some would say it isn't an excuse - but our 19/20 season ended 33 days before the new season started. Most other teams had a season that ended 47 days before their new season started. Those 14 days make a huge difference. You can look at how lethargic a team usually looks in pre-season, 2 weeks before the season starts, and how energetic they look when the season starts.

Out potential is so much higher than it was 2 years ago - now we have decent players not even making the squad. 2 years ago we had mediocre players making the team.

Giggsyking

The reason Joses second place finish felt so hopeless was because it seemed like that season we had reached our ceiling in terms of league performance and De Gea was tending the goal like a living wall. We then come to December and get outclassed by City at OT with a cowardly, spineless performance. IMO we have not reached out ceiling yet under Ole so i am excited to see where he can lead us
I 100% agree.

midnightmare

This is my problem with Ole. We beat last year's UCL finalists away from home. We smash last year's Semi-Finalists at home. We have the talent--- just not the consistency. I'm glad we beat PSG and RBL. It proves that yes, contrary to what alot of people say on here-- United has a good team! Every time we lose, Ole defenders immediately BLAME the board and the Glazers for not backing Ole, even though United has spent a pretty penny on Ole. When Ole loses, it's never Ole's fault-- it's the board or Ed's fault.

I'm glad we smashed RBL. Now people are going to wake up and realize-- yes-- United has a good team. Yes-- United need to be challenging for 2nd place, if not the title (if Liverpool's bad injury run continues.)

It's time for the EXPECTATIONS of Ole to be increased!

The problem is-- Ole is so inconsistent as a manager and makes too many mistakes. What manager is happy with a draw @ home vs a struggling Chelsea side? A manager who doesn't realize that while Mata, McTom, James may work vs a poor Newcastle side-- against more quality opponents-- it won't work. United is sitting on 7 points in 5 EPL games. Unacceptable with the squad he has. 1 point in 9 @ home this year. Disgrace.

Put up or shutup time Ole. You have to beat Arsenal this weekend. Flat out.

Consistency. The caf gets on Pogba's case for inconsistency-- well, Ole has the same problem.

Lets go Ole. One game at a time. You have to smash Arsenal and then lets go from there. I'm tired of 1 step forward- 1 step back.
I don't get the consistency argument. I really don't. The way I see it, since the end of January 2019, there have been just 4 games when we've not looked the better team on the field:
1. Chelsea in the FAC semi
2-4. Crystal Palace (H), BHA (A) and Spurs (H) this season

We still eked out the win against BHA - while we cocked up against Sevilla last season despite looking far better. Evens out. Still, that's just 4 games we've not looked like the better team in about 9 months! Sure, there was the lockdown - but equally, there's been congestion and the absence of much of a break between seasons. Our start to this season was very poor, but performances since those games show that Ole was right in identifying the lack of pre-season as a cause.

Now, in the run since Jan we've faced all manner of team, from minnows like LASK to giants like PSG and held our own quite easily in all the games. So I really don't see why we're talking about "consistency" being missing now. Unless the argument is that Ole must win every single game for a full year before we're satisfied. I think it's quite plausible that we'll draw this weekend as Arteta will absolutely park the bus (as he's done in each and every game). Would that mean Ole is "inconsistent" again? Not at all. Look at the way we've evolved!

We've improved consistently and Ole's also become increasingly expansive in the formations and tactics he deploys. Even in the "big games", we've moved from the time we were content with 30% possession to being evenly matched on this and playing expansive stuff rather than just rapid counters. So yeah, I don't think Ole has to smash Arsenal. Would be brilliant if we did - and I am hoping we absolutely blow them away, but it would not represent "one step back" if we didn't. "One step back" would be if we absolutely failed to turn up and got rolled over the way we did against Spurs and CP.

MrSingh2002

One thing to be noted that 5 subs allow managers to tactically shift the game completely, also it gives generous room to correct mistakes in the starting line up. 3 sub system in PL is far less forgiving.

That said, credit to Ole he has used 5 subs to its fullest. Last season post lockdown 5 subs were allowed, also same in this year CL. His tactical blunders however are far more punishing in this PL season with just 3 subs.

I actually like 5 sub system. It should be made permanent everywhere.
This is a key point. If it was only 3 subs allowed last night would Ole have stuck to his shite 70 mins and 80 mins substitutions?

If he reverts back to that in the next game we know the answer. He's learning on the job. I've been calling for the diamond with our squad.

We have no good out and out wingers.... We have 4 good strikers..... we have 4 decent midfielders...... HELLO Why not play a 442 Diamond.

I think this should be our chosen formation until we sign a Sancho or Sancho level winger.

rotherham_red

This is a key point. If it was only 3 subs allowed last night would Ole have stuck to his shite 70 mins and 80 mins substitutions?

If he reverts back to that in the next game we know the answer.
He's learning on the job. I've been calling for the diamond with our squad.

We have no good out and out wingers.... We have 4 good strikers..... we have 4 decent midfielders...... HELLO Why not play a 442 Diamond.

I think this should be our chosen formation until we sign a Sancho or Sancho level winger.
I mean, he didn't do it either against Newcastle or Chelsea, so why do you think he's going to do it against Arsenal?

90 + 5min

I never liked Jose and when he was in charge I hated the scene of him sitting in Sir Alex seat. He might have been one of the good managers few years ago, but I dont think he is now. LVG on the other hand I expected him to do much better, but he failed and it happens, managers can fail despite their good previous records.

I was expecting to see from both of them a good team with good football by the end of the second season and in the beginning of their 3rd season we show signs of competing for the title, but that did not happen Jose made a mess of himself and his football was trash from februari second season and LVG couldnt even get a 4th place.

How long should it takes for a manager to compete and challenge for major trophies in a big club like united? I think after one year in charge should show his style of football and after 2 years he should be competing for titles. But their is nothing wrong in having doubts about any manager earlier if they look out of their depths. That said the manager's records should be taken into consideration, for example Jose is known to deliver in his second season, and if he was signed for fast success and did not do that then there is no point of keeping him if he was stinking the place. The managers CV also plays a role, if they showed similar ability before joining united to build teams (like klopp did with BVB before he joined Liverpool). Klopp showed instant progress and their style of football changed dramatically, in his 3rd season he was a CL finalist and competed to the last minute for the league.
I liked Jose Mourinho and defended him until he went against players, club, media and pretty much everyone. He had to go. Shame, because I like him. VanGaal should have been given more time. No question about that. Moyes should have gone as soon as he moved out almost everyone in backroom staff. You don't change everything first week. Not after team won Premier League year before. As you see, this is not about legend, it is about time. I'm willing to give managers time. I'm willing to give them time as long as I see progress. CV can play role. But not always. Not in the modern time in the same way as football 10-20 years ago. You think that those who are against Solskjaer would have said, "Oh, Klopp You did fine in Dortmund so it is okey for you to take time". The same people would be all over Klopp, demanding sacking after 2 years. There are just people that lack patience and in my opinion it is the youngers one. Those who I call Football Manager gamers. So once again. Time. Give manager time (as long as you see progress) and you will be fine.

Solskjaer came to ManUtd when our club was going toward darkness. The first thing was to stop us reaching darkness. Then set up a goal. Next thing is implement a strategy that could help us reaching the goal. Work towards goal by doing changes that is helping the strategy. Allt that takes time until you find right balance and right recipe.

So 2nd year is the year we should be going for it? Well, that means Solskjaer still have a chance to turn your mind. I think it is still early to demand that. I think that it is a big pressure for a manager to say, you get 2 years. Win league or you are off. There would be changes every year and managers would be sacked like we changing our socks. Some like that. I don't.

R77

He's doing a tremendous job considering what he inherited. Some people act as though he took over a prime United machine and seem to forget or ignore the mess we were in. Blinded by a couple of pots and a 2nd place. I'd rather several years of being nearly men under Solskjaer with a pot of gold at the end than several years of 'success' under the likes of Mourinho and an army of Golems. It's like home and family, after 7 years of being ransacked and shat on by psychotic strangers. A far more complete and fulfilling happiness that is more than worth the patience.

To talk about the bolded bit above - even if it was true, what is exactly SO wrong with that when there is absolutely no reasonable justification for not continuing with him as of right now? Sure it can all go belly up. But it can also go very, very right and it will be glorious.

Doing the Treble is nothing unique anymore, quite a few teams have done it since 1999. Why is United's Treble special? Because United's Academy grads, many from Manchester itself, played a very big hand in it. Why is Celtic's Treble special? Not only because they were the first team to win it, but also because Jock Stein, a Scot, won it with a team that was largely made up of players born not too far from Celtic's stadium. United's Treble is indelible part of football history just like Celtic's is.

All of us here are United fans and all of us have a story behind supporting the club. United has a story too and Solskjaer is a massive part of it. Just imagine how amazing it will be when OGS, a United fan favourite who won us the Treble and "gets" the club, wins a trophy or two as the manager. Sure, like I said, it can go wrong. But there is no evidence just yet that it can't go right.

All of us want United to win trophies. But winning trophies with "our" people is a little bit more special. Otherwise what's the point? Today we are seeing one-upmanship amongst ourselves in this thread; tomorrow we sack Ole, bring in a new manager who wins a few trophies and we will engage in one-upmanship with rival fans, which, ultimately, is an endless activity that will continue even after all of us here are long gone. But United's Treble, and Ole's trophies, if he wins any, will remain in footballing folklore for ever.

Criticizing the manager is fine, but there is some real, unwarranted disrespect towards the manager, let alone a club legend.

Come on lads and lasses, we have something special going on here, let's stand by our manager and the players and enjoy nights like tonight. If he misses out on Top 4, the Glazers are going to sack him anyway and bring in a new manager, at which point we must stand by him/her.
Bang on!

inconsistent is the latest way of criticising Ole when we have a great result
I've already seen someone trying to start the narrative that we only won that because we had better players. Watch out for that one! Coming to a thread near you soon...

Web of Bissaka

How this is even still a question baffles me.

Not only does he consistently outfox every "superior" manager that he faces, he is also building the correct type of footballing culture at Man United. No toxic environments, nobody is bigger than the club, players want to come and play for United again. No wonder Sancho is looking over wishing the move happened. We're quickly becoming one of the most exciting clubs in Europe, exactly where we belong.

As soon as 1 result doesn't go our way, too many fans with agendas jump on the Ole out bandwagon and it's embarrassing.
Maybe because we're Manchester United and so we normally should have higher standard and should strive to be better and better.

1. He does? consistently? No.
2. Yes, correct type of footballing culture. Good job in that sense. Complacency culture and insist on keeping deadwood around are still questionable though.
3. Again good job in not instilling toxic environment, things which the previous manager likes to do.
4. The bolded parts are just pure speculations. Did Sancho really said and want it? really? sounds like that's what you wish from Sancho.
5. We're already an exciting club, just by having many promising young players. It's not that hard to be in CL, except for teams in PL having many good competitors. Many shit teams entered this CL competition every year.

6. As soon as 1 result go our way, too many defensive sensitive Ole fans get over excited and use it as a proof/evidence to anyone who criticize Ole, as if Ole as a United manager shouldn't be criticized at all, fool proof.

It's so easy to get caught up in the moment - "We're going to win titles!!" or "We're going to be the best team!"
It's embarassing.

Anyhow, as long as he's the manager, I expect him to be improving. Recent run of games, he have been.. finally daring enough to make the right calls in some sense, which is good, but he still made shit calls like letting James wasting a lot of time vs Chelsea before finally making the necessary substitutions. I'm still not seeing any indications that he's learning as a manager. Wouldn't surprise me at all, for Lingard to sneak in again into our 11 in future games, or the likes of James and the rest continue to get worse. Our flaws in football system will kicking in again once fatigue again disrupts our key players. The chosen system still rely heavily on individuals, and the weaknesses in "organization". We're just patching things up with players selections.

To be fair, we could still win cups and even CL (since it's really a cup-based style of competition, lucks is a huge factor) with Ole. I'm sure if we stick with him, there'll be a season where we will win the trophies, but not the league as long as Pool and City are keeping their good grooves, nor I feel confident we'll remain cups or CL holders for many seasons.

If one fleeting moments are what you want then sure. To each their own. I would like us to dominate football for many seasons, and no I don't trust Ole to be the right person in managing this promising squad full of young exciting players combined well with older good players... unless he really start improving, which he's not.

Ole always flatter to deceive, that's what I get so far from his 1st half-a-season, then 2nd full season and this 3rd starting season. Once he'll make the right calls, then he'll do the opposite. It's like lucky draw, or throw many things and hope for the best. The fact that we still don't have a good system that can solve our "vs low blocks conundrum" nor our best 11 says it all. Doubt Ole knows either. He knows one thing though - usually a good system to beat the "superior" sides but he needs to thinker first with his tactics and players selections. Usually he'll be better vs top teams, but there'll be games where he'll get tactically outclassed eg. the Spurs game being the most recent one, or the Chelsea FA Cup game last season. Naive is the word, and he's only interested in upping his tactical game when we're facing top teams.

TLDR? Conclusion?
Ole is just a good safety blanket.
Won't be the worst, won't be the best.
Accepting it means lowering standard... but I guess many of us have been doing that more and more nowadays, gradually accepting it.
Doesn't feel like this is United, but again - to each their own.

Giggsyking

So 2nd year is the year we should be going for it? Well, that means Solskjaer still have a chance to turn your mind. I think it is still early to demand that. I think that it is a big pressure for a manager to say, you get 2 years. Win league or you are off. There would be changes every year and managers would be sacked like we changing our socks. Some like that. I don't.
If we show signs of a fight for the title, it could convince many borderline supporters and even a large number of the Oleouters to give him even more time. The fight for the titles is a a sign that it is not only tactics he is changing but also the mentality of the players, many of them have never won a major title before, give the players the feeling they can achieve better things for a longer periods of time. If we are within 6 points from the top of the league by Christmas it would be a good start.

lysglimt

Scout
If we show signs of a fight for the title, it could convince many borderline supporters and even a large number of the Oleouters to give him even more time. The fight for the titles is a a sign that it is not only tactics he is changing but also the mentality of the players, many of them have never won a major title before, give the players the feeling they can achieve better things for a longer periods of time. If we are within 6 points from the top of the league by Christmas it would be a good start.
So in order to him being considered to stay as manager - he has to fight for the title in his 2nd season in charge ? When the team that won the league last season almost picked up 100 points.

So if City or Liverpool (heaven forbid) - win the league by 95 points (even if I dont believe it) - you think OGS should be fired if we only pick up 80 ?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Its pathetic.
Has a Conspiracy theory Vibe to it where people just move the goal posts when they get hammered on one theory. You honestly can never be wrong.
If we won a trophy it would move to has to win champs league as klopp got to finals and won one before he won the league, honestly that is how stupid it gets at times.
Would then become if we won the treble.
It's an incurable affliction borne out of need to be noticed on an internet forum.

Withnail

He's doing a tremendous job considering what he inherited. Some people act as though he took over a prime United machine and seem to forget or ignore the mess we were in. Blinded by a couple of pots and a 2nd place. I'd rather several years of being nearly men under Solskjaer with a pot of gold at the end than several years of 'success' under the likes of Mourinho and an army of Golems. It's like home and family, after 7 years of being ransacked and shat on by psychotic strangers. A far more complete and fulfilling happiness that is more than worth the patience.

Bang on!

I've already seen someone trying to start the narrative that we only won that because we had better players. Watch out for that one! Coming to a thread near you soon...
Oh that's been said a few times already.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So in order to him being considered to stay as manager - he has to fight for the title in his 2nd season in charge ? When the team that won the league last season almost picked up 100 points.
So if City or Liverpool (heaven forbid) - win the league by 95 points (even if I dont believe it) - you think OGS should be fired if we only pick up 80 ?
Not sure why you are giving these people (they are not supporters as they dont support in any way) such importance?
Woodward and the Glazers make the decision on whom our manager is, not OleOUTers.
Ole is staying our manager for the foreseeable future, OleOUT isn't even a real thing outside of the internet.

gica_7

Ole had highs and lows but highs were definitely more. He was appointed with baggage that's why people are still leaning towards criticizing him after bad results. But, he has done enough for us to forget about his past with Cardiff or ignoring the fact that he didn't do much outside Norway. He has earned enough credit for himself.

I've gotta admit that I am enjoying Ole's tenure. He was one of my favourite players of all time and it is fun to get behind him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Maybe because we're Manchester United and so we normally should have higher standard and should strive to be better and better.

1. He does? consistently? No.
2. Yes, correct type of footballing culture. Good job in that sense. Complacency culture and insist on keeping deadwood around are still questionable though.
3. Again good job in not instilling toxic environment, things which the previous manager likes to do.
4. The bolded parts are just pure speculations. Did Sancho really said and want it? really? sounds like that's what you wish from Sancho.
5. We're already an exciting club, just by having many promising young players. It's not that hard to be in CL, except for teams in PL having many good competitors. Many shit teams entered this CL competition every year.

6. As soon as 1 result go our way, too many defensive sensitive Ole fans get over excited and use it as a proof/evidence to anyone who criticize Ole, as if Ole as a United manager shouldn't be criticized at all, fool proof.

It's so easy to get caught up in the moment - "We're going to win titles!!" or "We're going to be the best team!"
It's embarassing.

Anyhow, as long as he's the manager, I expect him to be improving. Recent run of games, he have been.. finally daring enough to make the right calls in some sense, which is good, but he still made shit calls like letting James wasting a lot of time vs Chelsea before finally making the necessary substitutions. I'm still not seeing any indications that he's learning as a manager. Wouldn't surprise me at all, for Lingard to sneak in again into our 11 in future games, or the likes of James and the rest continue to get worse. Our flaws in football system will kicking in again once fatigue again disrupts our key players. The chosen system still rely heavily on individuals, and the weaknesses in "organization". We're just patching things up with players selections.

To be fair, we could still win cups and even CL (since it's really a cup-based style of competition, lucks is a huge factor) with Ole. I'm sure if we stick with him, there'll be a season where we will win the trophies, but not the league as long as Pool and City are keeping their good grooves, nor I feel confident we'll remain cups or CL holders for many seasons.

If one fleeting moments are what you want then sure. To each their own. I would like us to dominate football for many seasons, and no I don't trust Ole to be the right person in managing this promising squad full of young exciting players combined well with older good players... unless he really start improving, which he's not.

Ole always flatter to deceive, that's what I get so far from his 1st half-a-season, then 2nd full season and this 3rd starting season. Once he'll make the right calls, then he'll do the opposite. It's like lucky draw, or throw many things and hope for the best. The fact that we still don't have a good system that can solve our "vs low blocks conundrum" nor our best 11 says it all. Doubt Ole knows either. He knows one thing though - usually a good system to beat the "superior" sides but he needs to thinker first with his tactics and players selections. Usually he'll be better vs top teams, but there'll be games where he'll get tactically outclassed eg. the Spurs game being the most recent one, or the Chelsea FA Cup game last season. Naive is the word, and he's only interested in upping his tactical game when we're facing top teams.

TLDR? Conclusion?
Ole is just a good safety blanket.
Won't be the worst, won't be the best.
Accepting it means lowering standard... but I guess many of us have been doing that more and more nowadays, gradually accepting it.
Doesn't feel like this is United, but again - to each their own.
To be fair I think I've got to the bottom of your problem...it sounds to me like you know nothing about football!

romufc

That is how Ole out crowd works. Even if Ole somehow manages the league with say 85 points, the Ole out will say its not good enough because last season it took 99 points to win the league.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Well, we managed 12 hours before it got negative again. :drool:
12 hours after a historic European win where we thrashed last years semi finalists and Germany's no 1 in form team:

Normal fans: God that was amazing last night, am still buzzing. Loving my team and manager right now
OleOUTers: Why do I feel so bad that we won last night? Must be Ole's fault that I feel so conflicted. OLeOUT!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
12 hours after a historic European win where we thrashed last years semi finalists and Germany's no 1 in form team:

Normal fans: God that was amazing last night, am still buzzing. Loving my team and manager right now
OleOUTers: Why do I feel so bad that we won last night? Must be Ole's fault that I feel so conflicted. OLeOUT!
I honestly don't care anymore. I woke up beaming, i've been positive about us for almost a full year now, given the amount of dross we've had to put up with in the last 7/8 years it seems so strange to me that people still can't let it go, but thats their issue and not mine. We're 6 points in 2 games against last years Finalists and Semi Finalists. Yes Tottenham beat us 6-1, it was one game where we were playing with 10 men for 60mins odd against a team bang in form. It was a bad result and a bad performance but we've shown excellent spirit to bounce back from that.

I'm also pretty sure that if anyone had offered us a win against PSG and Leipzig for a draw against Chelsea we'd all have taken it. Ole's done an excellent job in the last 2 weeks.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Mitten sends a strong message of ridicule towards OleOUTers 'who calls themselves Manchester United fans'

cptkeane1993

I don’t know what your age is and I wasn’t referencing 37 as your age but making an example.

If you did support United in those days I find it amusing you was so quick to take a break when Moyes joined. I mean was it something you hadn’t seen before?

You can’t judge me to tell me what I would have been when I’ve been supporting United through all of our managers after Fergie but you decided to disappear.

Also on your last point.. I don’t think anyway is so stuck up in their views they can’t celebrate a win that’s abit pathetic especially in the manner it was done last night. Too many people are trying to push there agenda’s and it’s normally the ones who claim to not have an agenda who love to push it. Like... not allowing fans to enjoy a win because they have criticised the manager or criticised a player.
Nobody decided to disappear but most of us don't spend most of our time on an internet forum . What is it - more than 1000 posts in a 700+ page thread? Just this one thread!

Glad you enjoyed the win.

Question: Would you sack or keep Ole?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Did a great job yesterday and he has earned more time . I thought he wouldn't survive November but looking like he deserves until Christmas atleast.

If we are very much within top 4 by then, he deserves to continue.

Paul_Scholes18

It was a great win. I say the biggest win we have had under OGS. Just cause it was 5-0 against one of the best sides in Europe last season.

What we at least know now is that the squad is working well together. Lots to improve still, but we are deadly on the counter.
Just hope we can produce like this when it really matters too in CL playoff and cup finals/semi finals.

Giggsyking

3rd season. And if he show no sign of a fight for the title in him and we just play for top4 then he has to go. I personally do not think he is capable of challenging for the league.

Giggsyking

Not sure why you are giving these people (they are not supporters as they dont support in any way) such importance?
Woodward and the Glazers make the decision on whom our manager is, not OleOUTers.
Ole is staying our manager for the foreseeable future, OleOUT isn't even a real thing outside of the internet.
Top red you are :lol:.

Mainoldo

Nobody decided to disappear but most of us don't spend most of our time on an internet forum . What is it - more than 1000 posts in a 700+ page thread? Just this one thread!

Glad you enjoyed the win.

Question: Would you sack or keep Ole?
We go on the same Internet forum. Your no different to me. I don’t know why you’re trying to act smart.

As for your question. You seen the post count so you know the answer, it’s flooded with my opinion.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

First of all, this is his third season. Lets stop talking about his first season as it was some free time or something.

We have squad who must challenge for title. Is our squad that far behind City or Liverpool? I don't think so. As last game proved, we are well covered on all positions but manager must use players better and find the way to play his best players. It is manager's job. To start James and Mata in first 11 in wrong system while having VDB, Pogba and Cavani on the bench is his decision. The fact that we don't have players for 4231 (while having perfect players for another formation) is not excuse for not challenging.
Again i repeat; challenge not winning. If City or Liverpool go again on 95 points and we finish on 80 then fair play to them and Ole. We tried, they were better and that is it.

lysglimt

Scout
3rd season. And if he show no sign of a fight for the title in him and we just play for top4 then he has to go. I personally do not think he is capable of challenging for the league.
When you take over a team midway through the season - and they are in a midtable position - it's the second season.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't - the majority I just ignore. But he at least tries to explain his position even if i dont agree with it.

But yes - i do find it embarrassing that after 4 defeats in 34 games - 1/3 of the people in here want out manager sacked.

FatherWolff

When you take over a team midway through the season - and they are in a midtable position - it's the second season.
Don’t bring logic into the moving goalposts.. A couple of more wins and he has to win both CL and PL to meet the expectations..

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't - the majority I just ignore. But he at least tries to explain his position even if i dont agree with it.
But yes - i do find it embarrassing that after 4 defeats in 34 games - 1/3 of the people in here want out manager sacked.
I find the mental gymnastics insane! Third season!!! :lol:

El Zoido

Anyone remember when we wondered if we’d ever score more than four goals in a game again? When we would have 85% possession, one shot all game, then lose 1-0? When we thought we’d go a decade without someone scoring a hat trick? 1000 people here want Ole sacked ASAP.

Giggsyking

Fair enough, was it you or was it another poster who used Klopp as an example, In terms of challenge for major trophies in this case Klopp was 1 step away from winning the champions league in his second season. They also played great football that year. Do you think we are capable of doing the same this year?

Giggsyking

Anyone remember when we wondered if we’d ever score more than four goals in a game again? When we would have 85% possession, one shot all game, then lose 1-0? When we thought we’d go a decade without someone scoring a hat trick? 1000 people here want Ole sacked ASAP.
I will take Ole every day over the other managers before him. Specially the toxic one.

VivaRonaldo85

Ole will know better than anybody that points in the PL are now essential. A good run in the PL now and things are looking rosier in camp. Another 7 points from the next 5 PL games and he has big problems CL group wins or not. The next month of PL football is critical for Ole. Wins over performances is all that matters now!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fair enough, was it you or was it another poster who used Klopp as an example, In terms of challenge for major trophies in this case Klopp was 1 step away from winning the champions league in his second season. They also played great football that year. Do you think we are capable of doing the same this year?
I see you post quite a lot on this thread. Had 2 questions for you:
1. Which manager would you like us to hire?
2. Do you really think that rebuild of a side that had an average age of 27.5-28 when Ole took over would be completed in 2 summers, so much so that we'd be competing for CL? (Pool had an average age of ~25 when Klopp took over BTW)

Status
Not open for further replies.