Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Works for everyone. No1 wants United to do anything other than win. Credit to him for the away record.

Needs to figure out a winning formula at home too.
Maybe you should go back a few pages then..

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

You sound like a broken record!! We will lose and win and you’ll say if only we can get consistent we will be fine. We never be consistent under Ole.
There's no need to be aggressive. I'm all in favour of another manager as I think we will keep being inconsistent under him. What I'm saying is our inconsistency has only come to light to everybody now even the Ole In crowd. And i think if we are still inconsistent in our next games sacking him will be 100% justifiable and less divisive than if we had sacked him prior to the Everton game. Though I'm sure people will still make excuses

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Anyone changing their vote based on today might as well be rewarded with the flip-flop moniker. Winning when we're attacked is what OGS does.

I would not be surprised if we lost against WBA and beat Citeh.

Common sense in this cesspool of shite? You don't belong here mate.
There's as much common sense in that post as there is in the claim that you can compare Klopp to OGS. To make it clear, NONE.

GailSpaceWynand

Anyone changing their vote based on today might as well be rewarded with the flip-flop moniker. Winning when we're attacked is what OGS does.

I would not be surprised if we lost against WBA and beat Citeh.
A lot are though. And a lot more did after the Arsenal game too.

Anyway I think it is even more foolish to not see the positives and negatives than sticking to one's point. I have been Ole's supporter since the start but nothing wrong with admitting his flaws (a bit one sided in terms of tactical strength, inconsistencies). Its rewarding to see the ups and downs and continuously changing sides kind of spoils the experience for me.

I wouldn't be either. We need to iron out the inconsistencies though.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Today a dignified elder statesman has taken over from an undignified buffoon who has almost ruined everything he touches for the last three years.

Could there by some symbolism here as it looks like Ole has once again got United going the right way? It might take Biden a while to undo the messes of his predecessor and some idiots will moan and whine and shit their pants as he makes the progress - but most rational and civilised people will be happy with the improvements.

It feels.. like it being announced after United win today was a sign.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m quite confused reading the ole out posts here. Some are saying that we only win against teams that attack so that’s why we won today, counter attacking (Something I didn’t see), we’ll lose against someone crap.
then others are saying we won today because Everton were crap and when suggested we were the dominant team and had Everton pinned in, that was supposedly Everton’s tactic to sit back.

so what exactly was it?

GailSpaceWynand

There's as much common sense in that post as there is in the claim that you can compare Klopp to OGS. To make it clear, NONE.
Did you read the post? He said it might be true he may have failed at Cardiff but to use him against him years later is as unfair as calling Klopp a failed Mainz manager since its been a long time. He wasn't comparing the two.

There are more recent actual tangible pros and cons that help in making the point more coherently than some old clichéd line about failing at a relegation standard club. That's all.

el3mel

I didn't put any vote in this poll. For me both options are extreme. If you asked me, I would wait till mid December and see where're, then again comes the end of the season and see if we should continue this project for one more season or it's time to switch to another manager to complete. He should neither be "sacked ASAP" or "back him fully to finish the rebuild". At the moment, wait and see.

And I think the board are doing the same too, they're probably monitoring the current situation for now.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Dont know anymore. Saw some stat that he has a better win percentage than Klopp had in his first 100 games.

When we play like we did today we look pretty good.

Then when we play like we played against the Turkish side, we look terrible.

Do we keep him and hope like Klopp that he becomes consistent? I just dont know.

passing-wind

Points are irrelevant to place you finish
They are also relevant in the context of assessing our season because often it provides a foundation to assess the manager. Moyes sacked in his first season = 62 points. Ole 3rd place finish = 66 points. 4 points has differentiated those two finishes but the league being so inept provided us a stable ending. If Solskjaer finishes with less than 70 points i reckon we will be outside top 4.

OrcaFat

No-one disagrees we are inconsistent.

Consistency was another of SAF’s eternal quests. We had it at times but he would often state the importance of consistency after a win. People only remember the odd bad result under SAF but we had many average performances and periods of poor form, even with the better quality squads we had in those days.

Form has been very up and down under Ole but that doesn’t mean we won’t hit a decent vein and go on a run.

We play some absolutely great football in fits and starts and I still think we’ll find a rhythm eventually. Maybe not and if that’s the case Ole will be gone in due course.

I like what I saw and heard today so if we build on that we’ll get back on track.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Today a dignified elder statesman has taken over from an undignified buffoon who has almost ruined everything he touches for the last three years.

Could there by some symbolism here as it looks like Ole has once again got United going the right way? It might take Biden a while to undo the messes of his predecessor and some idiots will moan and whine and shit their pants as he makes the progress - but most rational and civilised people will be happy with the improvements.

If you were being absolutely honest with yourself, would not be concerned at the distinct lack of consistency shown by the team under the current manager?

Are you also not concerned that the players seemingly raise and lower their performance levels when the situation dictates?

Granted, the Biden reference was an interesting take on things.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If you were being absolutely honest with yourself, would not be concerned at the distinct lack of consistency shown by the team under the current manager?

Are you also not concerned that the players seemingly raise and lower their performance levels when the situation dictates?

Granted, the Biden reference was an interesting take on things.
Being inconsistent is acceptable for where we are on our current trajectory for me. I think for us to be better we need to see one of our youngsters make the next step up. I’m thinking we’re getting there.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I’m quite confused reading the ole out posts here. Some are saying that we only win against teams that attack so that’s why we won today, counter attacking (Something I didn’t see), we’ll lose against someone crap.
then others are saying we won today because Everton were crap and when suggested we were the dominant team and had Everton pinned in, that was supposedly Everton’s tactic to sit back.

so what exactly was it?
Neither. This argument, if thats what we should call it, will never end.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No-one disagrees we are inconsistent.

Consistency was another of SAF’s eternal quests. We had it at times but he would often state the importance of consistency after a win. People only remember the odd bad result under SAF but we had many average performances and periods of poor form, even with the better quality squads we had in those days.

Form has been very up and down under Ole but that doesn’t mean we won’t hit a decent vein and go on a run.

We play some absolutely great football in fits and starts and I still think we’ll find a rhythm eventually. Maybe not and if that’s the case Ole will be gone in due course.

I like what I saw and heard today so if we build on that we’ll get back on track.
It's the hall mark of all the top sides and bare minimum requirement for one that has cost a large sum of money to assemble.

United are second only to City on transfer market expenditure, yet our two clubs are worlds apart.

Sylar

They are also relevant in the context of assessing our season because often it provides a foundation to assess the managar. Moyes sacked in his last season = 62 points. Ole 3rd place finish = 66 points. 4 points has differentiated those two finishes but the league being so inept provided us a stable ending. If Solskjaer finishes with less than 70 points i reckon we will be outside top 4.
Each season is different
You can't compare points between seasons as opposition is different and our teams are different

It's not entirely irrelevant for comparison, but as an overall, finishing third is good in context. Before the season started nobody realistically expected us to compete with the top 2
So finishing best of the rest is a good place to build on

Now I didn't expect us to build on after our transfer window as vdb was not going to bridge that gap and signing four players as the window closes shows how bad our planning is

Rightnr

Did you read the post? He said it might be true he may have failed at Cardiff but to use him against him years later is as unfair as calling Klopp a failed Mainz manager since its been a long time. He wasn't comparing the two.

There are more recent actual tangible pros and cons that help in making the point more coherently than some old clichéd line about failing at a relegation standard club. That's all.
I definitely read the post. Again, comparing Klopp's failures at Mainz with OGS is a joke.

They barely have any daylight in terms of length of career and Klopp not only has the failed Mainz record, he also had a CL and a great Bundesliga campaign against the absolute undisputed heavyweight in Germany.

How you even begin to compare someone who's managed Molde outside of failing with a crap team in England is just mind-boggling.

MrSingh2002

In fairness to Ole, he's beaten Tuchel, Nagelsmann and Ancelotti in the past 3 weeks.

Majority of Caftards would rather have any of those 3 in charge.

He needs to figure out how to win at home and against teams defending deep. Needs a plan A B and C.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I definitely read the post. Again, comparing Klopp's failures at Mainz with OGS is a joke.

They barely have any daylight in terms of length of career and Klopp not only has the failed Mainz record, he also had a CL and a great Bundesliga campaign against the absolute undisputed heavyweight in Germany.

How you even begin to compare someone who's managed Molde outside of failing with a crap team in England is just mind-boggling.
:lol: :lol:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It's the hall mark of all the top sides and bare minimum requirement for one that has cost a large sum of money to assemble.

United are second only to City on transfer market expenditure, yet our two clubs are worlds apart.
Yep. That’s because LVG and Mourinho signed dross consistently. Not one of their signings can really be considered a full success for me.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I thought I've head it all

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

so what exactly was it?
Ole is pretty good when we are underdogs and when we can stay deeper and play to kill opposition game; in other words we are pretty good in killing the game.
But when pressure is on us to dominate then come problems because for that you must have good attacking play.

hobbers

In fairness to Ole, he's beaten Tuchel, Nagelsmann and Ancelotti in the past 3 weeks.

Majority of Caftards would rather have any of those 3 in charge.
He could beat them another 3 times each and that wouldn't change. And rightly so.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yep. That’s because LVG and Mourinho signed dross consistently. Not one of their signings can really be considered a full success for me.
I tend to agree.

Ole's signings have been successful for the most part - besides James who was a hopeful punt more than anything. It's the reason why I'd like to see Ole moved upstairs to work with the transfer committee if/when he gets sacked from the managers job. It's debatable whether he'd accept of course.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
"The truth"....

Cardiff is hardly a PL giant, both times they have been promoted in recent years they have been relegated again the following season and when he took over they were in deep shit. Did he do well? No, but is it really relevant today?. Its like calling Klopp "failed Mainz manager" Its utterly daft. Besides, like him or not as a manager, Ole is still a club legend, so why go out of your way to call him derogatory nicknames?

And even if we accept the premise that he failed as Cardiff manager, its a bit cnutish to use that against him years later. I have a friend who once shat himself at a party while he was in bed with some girl. Drank to much and had a sketchy kebab and when he tried to sneak out a fart he literally shat the bed. We could have called him "party pooper" for the rest of his life, but we dont because that being a cnut
:lol: :lol: . No way?? Ha ha. Really? Wow, poor poor guy. Was it at least before or after he did job with the girl? But man, i bet that she told everybody that. I don't know him but i really feel sorry for him.

Rightnr

so what exactly was it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ole is pretty good when we are underdogs and when we can stay deeper and play to kill opposition game; in other words we are pretty good in killing the game.
But when pressure is on us to dominate then come problems because for that you must have good attacking play.
So what about today then?

One nil down and Everton sitting back a bit/countering so we weren't just counter attacking but got two goals back (and a third at the end on a counter)?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
But did we not dominate the game today and score two goals that were not from a counter attack?

Very interesting.
I think if we win our next 3 P L games (West Brom, Southampton, West Ham), Oles win % is better than Klopps.

now there's loads of other things to factor in, I get that... but from some media outlets/posters, youd swear he'd lost 40 out of a 100.

he's definitely not perfect and I'm not sure if he's the one (I see positives and some negatives... more of the former imo) but there's got to be some patience, some balance

Rightnr

The delusion of some of these Ole In people is something else.

If two years is not enough for you to realise the guy does not know how to design and execute an attacking play style where we dominate and consistently win against the small clubs, how long do you think he needs?

We have a relatively young squad but it's at a stage where we should be winning things. If we don't get rid of him, we'll be at the rebuild stage before we can challenge for the league.

Coops73

The turn has been swift on here sheesh.

Even though I like some of the names floated around as successors I'm almost certain we'll be back to this stage in a few years just as we have now with Ole, and Jose, and LVG, and Moyes before them...

Not much will change with another new manager so long as we have the three blind men in charge of running the club and refusing to restructure our football operations. Shame someone like Ole's the scapegoat this time around.

Good luck to whoever gets thrown in the meat grinder next
:nono: Shhh, the Glazer bumders are circling like fecking vultures, you’re not welcome here.

OrcaFat

Not bare minimum, surely? City are a bit inconsistent as well, by the way. We spent modestly this window, despite recognised weaknesses in the squad so it’s odd to argue about spend just now.

Still, the inconsistency is infuriating at times. But take into account the late start to the season, enforced changes and uneven quality of the squad then it is not a shock at all.

Wilt

pre today’s win
... sack 1329 votes
... keep 1869 votes

Currently
... sack 1329 votes
... keep 1875 votes

Status
Not open for further replies.