Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd be happy with top 4 for one more year if we can continue building a squad like this.

We have started to get rid/ not see signs of players like Pereira, Lingard, Rojo, Fellaini and its slowly building up to something like -

Fred, Bruno Fernandes, Cavani, Van De Beek, Rashford, Greenwood, Maguire, Shaw, Wan Bissaka.

We are a CB, a CDM, a RW and a ST away from only looking scarier.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We win our game in hand and we are in the mix which I'm happy about. Now if we can stay in the mix at the top of the table and can run Liverpool etc close, then I'll be happy with how things are going.

OrcaFat

Anyone who wants him to fail is not a Utd fan.
I dont think he is good enough tactically or coaching wise to win the title, and the football played at times is trite, but would love to be proved wrong. It would be great for a legend to win us the title.
If he gets to the end of the season and we are out of the top 4, then it is definitely time to part ways. 2 1/2 years without an improvement season on season with the players bought and brought in, results wise is unacceptable at a club this big. If we were losing regular now and down the bottom mid december, then I think it would be time to start looking elsewhere for a manager.
The fact is we are now 5 points off the top and the football, although not free flowing, is at least getting results.
There is talk of renewing the contract in the media. This shouldnt even be considered until the season has finished and we have at least finished top 4.
Fair enough. But talk of sacking him if we don’t improve and if we don’t finish in top 4 etc would apply to any manager. If we’re bottom at Christmas he should be sacked. These are just truisms.

acnumber9

So you have nothing to say about Ole except when you are proven to be blatantly wrong. Good to know.
I don’t think we’ll win the league with Solskjaer. I hope I’m wrong, we’ll see who is. Until then your posts will just continue to blend into the same dull nonsense. I bet you were a Moyes fan too.

A win doesn’t make anyone wrong or right any more than a loss would. No doubt you’ll admit you’re wrong if we lose our next game?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
No one has ever heard of any Southampton players. Maybe only Shane Long because he is a pain in the arse.
None of Southampton players will get into our side. They were missing their best player too.
The day we try to compare ourselves to a club like Southampton is the day we should all stop supporting Manchester United, The biggest club in the World.
Yes it was a very good come back. We conceded two good goals and scored three good goals.
We are still crap at attacking at corners and defending corners. It's pointless to blame DeGea for the first goal. We all know his weakness in coming out so the tactics should have been to negate his weakness. Time and again we concede goals the same way. The near post. I think the coaching staff are blind or they can't understand what is going on.
You're a better poster than this kind of shit mate. Come on.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don’t think we’ll win the league with Solskjaer. I hope I’m wrong, we’ll see who is. Until then your posts will just continue to blend into the same dull nonsense. I bet you were a Moyes fan too.
And yet you keep replying

SER19

Not until he wins something. He is definitely the manager that is most likely to build something that could bring us sustained success though
I still think it's the case. I'd take the foundations for genuine challenging over a league Cup or fa cup

Paul_Scholes18

Good start to a key week. If we can qualify for next round in CL it would allow us to rest players for the last game.
That could be key over christmas.

So many games to come and we need a fresh squad for it.

Last year we did fairly well in December, but had a poor January. Let's see if we can avoid a drop after many games.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I still think it's the case. I'd take the foundations for genuine challenging over a league Cup or fa cup
Oh i agree. I think we can and are aiming higher than that. Ole is really building something here. He is getting the recruitment right and this team are growing mentally all the time. I love where we are at right now.

Red_toad

I don't think anyone is wishing him to fail. It's more he's never going to be a Manager who will get United back winning titles.
I personally wanted him to leave at the end of his caretaker stint, but he got such a good reaction from the players, he earned himself a contract. Now I see United fans having a go at him and it really saddens me.

UDontMessWith24

Ole schooled another cafe darling today.

How many is that now? Pretty much every manager that is a better coach than him apparently and every manager wanted to replace him.
I’ve posted objectively in this thread for better or for worse, but shall we run through the list of managers that have schooled him?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No one has ever heard of any Southampton players. Maybe only Shane Long because he is a pain in the arse.
None of Southampton players will get into our side. They were missing their best player too.
The day we try to compare ourselves to a club like Southampton is the day we should all stop supporting Manchester United, The biggest club in the World.
Yes it was a very good come back. We conceded two good goals and scored three good goals.
We are still crap at attacking at corners and defending corners. It's pointless to blame DeGea for the first goal. We all know his weakness in coming out so the tactics should have been to negate his weakness. Time and again we concede goals the same way. The near post. I think the coaching staff are blind or they can't understand what is going on.
Their players might not be well known players but still PL level and I have heard lot of them. The fact you haven't heard any of their players reflect to you don't know anything the football outside Manchester United. They were unbeaten in their last 7 games before they met us. We just beat a good form team. Not easy to beat a team in good form.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
You are obsessed with corners.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Footy van de Geek

I dont think he is good enough tactically or coaching wise to win the title, and the football played at times is trite, but would love to be proved wrong. It would be great for a legend to win us the title.
If he gets to the end of the season and we are out of the top 4, then it is definitely time to part ways. 2 1/2 years without an improvement season on season with the players bought and brought in, results wise is unacceptable at a club this big. If we were losing regular now and down the bottom mid december, then I think it would be time to start looking elsewhere for a manager.
The fact is we are now 5 points off the top and the football, although not free flowing, is at least getting results.
There is talk of renewing the contract in the media. This shouldnt even be considered until the season has finished and we have at least finished top 4.
It's not as black and white as Ole in vs Ole out. Or at least it shouldn't be.

There are many narratives colliding here:
  1. Ole in (the type of fan who backs every United manager until the very end because they feel that's what a fan should do)
  2. Ole out (think we can build on the good work that Ole has done by hiring a coach with a better track record or different coaching style)
  3. Ole out no matter what (personal agenda due to strongly criticising Ole and not wanting to be proven wrong)
  4. Ole in no matter what (personal agenda due to backing Ole strongly and not wanting to be proven wrong)
  5. On the fence (have doubts because of evidence over the past 2 years, but can also see some of the good things that Ole brings)

I'm mainly point No.2, but can sometimes be point No.3 due to how cnutish some of the Ole in brigade can be. And I'm not saying Ole outers are perfect either.

It's all very toxic.

crossy1686

career ending
Schooled? having the much better team and winning the match in the 94th minute is ''schooled'' nowadays? Schooled is when you actually destroy the other team and win comfortably!! No one here can be rational, its just all good or all bad.
We out played them for the whole match. We were objectively the better team, and Ole made the changes to get the win. He can cry all he wants about the result

Tarrou

He is so lucky that he is a Manchester United players legend :houllier:
In the context of football I really like that quote

I think its important players are not afraid of making mistakes because you need to take risks to succeed at the highest level

FatherWolff

1. Ole in (the type of fan who backs every United manager until the very end because they feel that's what a fan should do)
  2. Ole out (think we can build on the good work that Ole has done by hiring a coach with a better track record or different coaching style)
  3. Ole out no matter what (personal agenda due to strongly criticising Ole and not wanting to be proven wrong)
  4. Ole in no matter what (personal agenda due to backing Ole strongly and not wanting to be proven wrong)
  5. On the fence (have doubts because of evidence over the past 2 years, but can also see some of the good things that Ole brings)

I'm mainly point No.2, but can sometimes be point No.3 due to how cnutish some of the Ole in brigade can be. And I'm not saying Ole outers are perfect either.

It's all very toxic.
How can it be toxic when you just called all us OleIners blind chickens with agendas? Blind chickens dosent fight back!

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Has absolutely transformed our squad in a way no previous manager did post fergie.

Went away to a very strong team today without Shaw, pogba, martial and lost de gea to injury.

Had replaced those players with Telles, Greenwood and van de beek, then brought on Henderson and Cavani. Sure enough it was this depth of quality that changed the game.

Ole in or ole out boils down to how you rate him as a coach and how far you think he can take this squad. What is not in any doubt whatsoever is that he has placed us in a way way better position than the rubbish we saw lining out in last days of mourinho, van gaal and moyes.

For this alone, he is comfortably our most successful post fergie appointment. A rebuild what was needed and he's the only one close to achieving it
Fully agree.

Water Melon

Yep: Ole is vastly superior. Glad we agree
Really? Is he? Lets see where we are at the end of the season. Hopefully, you are right. Having one of the most expensive squads and Ole who has been around 10 years in management with 2.5 years at the helm of United, you will hopefully stick to the same principle by the end of the season.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55

It's all very toxic.
Some of us are Ole-In because we like the style of football on show and actually see improvement in the team. As long as the team is improving I think he deserves to stay and make further improvements.

I know some "feel" he's not the one to take us to the top, but I'm no fortune teller. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but as long as the team is on the rise, I say let him be.

Edit: I agree regarding there being to much agenda driven nonsense. Winning a big game doesn't mean Ole the best manager, just like an unexpected loss or "conceding from a corner" doesn't mean we aren't coached or he's clueless. But I think anyone willing to take a step back from the little details and look at the big picture can see that there is cause for positivity.

Last edited:

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I don't think anyone is wishing him to fail. It's more he's never going to be a Manager who will get United back winning titles.
I personally wanted him to leave at the end of his caretaker stint, but he got such a good reaction from the players, he earned himself a contract. Now I see United fans having a go at him and it really saddens me.
I never realised we have posters that can see into the future??

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's so hard to make a decision on this because I like what he is building but at the same time his tactical decisions have not been good enough.

Considering he had targeted Haaland, managed to get Cavani, signed Bruno, have Rashford producing a goal or assist every 80 mins even off form- do we just win a title one day because we have players who are able to output ridiculous numbers or is there tactics underneath that we are not seeing as simple supporters on the sofa?

I get that some people say that Ole is living off individual player brilliance - but as we saw now post Fergie, building a squad of brilliant players was never really an easy thing to do for anybody.

Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho all significantly struggled with it and Ole has been the only one who has got it right.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm looking at his past and current performances. That gives a gauge of how he'll get on, bit like being pretty sure Lukaku isn't going to win the Ballon D'or ever.
3 semi finals and a huge unbeaten run, throw in decent record against the top clubs and now a club away win record... there's actually decent evidence to suggest he can win things here to be fair.

That's not even including his transfers which has improved our squad no end. I think ruling him out of winning anything is a little premature tbf.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Tell you what, do the same thing for Chelsea, Spurs & Leicester why don’t you la’
De Gea does not get into City, Liverpool, Spurs, Leichester and Mendy looks a really good keeper so id say Chelsea as well
Baily has talent but plays like a weasel on cocaine so what CL club would trust him?
Henderson has talent and should imo replace De Gea as our #1 but its too early to say with him
Lindelof does not get into City, Liverpool, Spurs, Leichester, Chelsea. Hes a typical Arsenal defender. Really, how many on here rate him?
Shaw is good on his day, but is still error prone, has very little attacking output and spends about 1/3 of every season injured
Mata and Matic are old and rotational players
Martial is one of the best attackers in the league when in form, but is utterly diabolical when hes not in form. Imo, none of Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Leichester or Arsenal would have taken him

Anyone putting Rashford above Martial after he's stunk the place for near-enough 2 years is clearly biased and clueless. Martial has not had a good start to the season due to his injury but Rashford's overall play has been poor for more than a season. He's got moments of brilliance but he cannot create for the role he's supposed to play and his decision-making is beyond poor.

Rashford just seems to be immune to any sort of criticism because the British press just prefer to target the foreign players.
:lol: Rashford matched his output last year playing from the left and just look at their numbers this year. Rashford, even when playing shite manages to produce something during a game. One is at 8/3 at age 23, where as the other one is at 2/1 at age 25 + a red card and a own goal

el3mel

While both are inconsistent in general, Rashford has more in his game than Martial and in my opinion, I enjoy watching Rashford playing far more than Martial. He's just more fun for me.

lysglimt

Scout
Just out of curiosity - is there anyone who doesn't feel that we have taken huge steps since OGS took charge ? I am not asking if
I’ve posted objectively in this thread for better or for worse, but shall we run through the list of managers that have schooled him?
I think the issue here is that according to some people here, he is the worst manager in the league. I don't think you will find anyone who will claim he is the best manager in the league

lysglimt

Scout
De Gea does not get into City, Liverpool, Spurs, Leichester and Mendy looks a really good keeper so id say Chelsea as well
Schmeichel isn't better than DeGea or Henderson - and Ederson certainly isn't. Lloris has been over the last 12 months - but before that I wouldn't say he was either. And Mendy perhaps needs to play more than 5 games before we can determine if he is

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
I don't think we have finances or board mindset to buy our way to trophies in a season or two.
Whatever it is, we need a building towards winning side, by buying stars and building players side by side.
So it needs to be a long term plan.
Issue is I think Ole has that plan, but the board isn't helping.
See i don't see us winning league in next season either.
But I think we can gradually build the team towards it.
If Ole is to be sacked, Sack him now, and don't accept instant success, because that isn't possible. Whoever is the next manager, give him time to build the team.
Instant success theory doesn't work in United. Never had, never will.
Unless Saudis buy us :lol:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Schmeichel isn't better than DeGea or Henderson - and Ederson certainly isn't. Lloris has been over the last 12 months - but before that I wouldn't say he was either. And Mendy perhaps needs to play more than 5 games before we can determine if he is

De Gea has been in decline for years and imo most of our fans dont see the wood for the trees with him.

His kicking and dealing with high balls has always been suspect/poor, but we accepted that because he was hands down the best shot stopper in the world. Its been a while since he was that and honestly he hes not really been top of the pile since 17/18 when he admittedly was insane and must have single handedly won us about 12 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.