Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure he is. Because he scores lot of goals? He would do that wherever he would play. But he would have better chance winning something with us. As long as Bayern Munchen is in Germany, they will win pretty much every year. And in Europe there chances are even smaller.
He didn’t go to Dortmund to win things, he went as a stepping stone, hence the low release clause being a requirement.
This was all about scoring shitlods in a consistent team and getting an incredible bidding war going in 2022 between all of the top clubs in Europe.

georgipep

Well calling the 16th August “late August” isn’t rewriting history, it’s rewriting the calendar @Tom Cato. The Quarter finals were just 5 days earlier with plenty of teams in them.
CL quarter finals were the same week as the EL semis, and I’d say 16 is “plenty” Tom.

Atalanta, PSG, Bayern, City, Leipzig, Lyon, Barca, Atletico, United, Seville, Inter, Shakhtar, Wolves, Basel, Copenhagen, Leverkusen.

How many of those 16 won only 2 of their first 6 league games? Maybe you have a point Tom, educate me cause I don’t follow enough footy outside of United these days.
Here are some stats from the first 10 games of these teams:

ClubWinsDrawsLossesPoints
Atalanta52317
PSG70321
Bayern90127
City72123
Leipzig71222
Lyon45117
Barcelona62220
Atletico63121
United61319
Sevilla43315
Inter44216
Shakhtar44216
Wolves42418
Basel51416
Copenhagen51416
Leverkuzen63121

So, out of the teams you listed, 8 have had worse starts than United and 7 have had better starts. Only two (Bayern and City, with City currently sitting behind us in the PL table, just saying..) have won more than 3 points more than us. Not sure what you tried to prove with your point but we definitely did not have an extraordinarily bad start. Not sure why you took the first 6 games. I decided to take 10 games as a nice round figure.

90 + 5min

He didn’t go to Dortmund to win things, he went as a stepping stone, hence the low release clause being a requirement.
This was all about scoring shitlods in a consistent team and getting an incredible bidding war going in 2022 between all of the top clubs in Europe.
So he "loses" years of playing in best league (PL) just so he can put 2 goals past Shalke, Meinz, Freiburg so he can get lot of money in next transfer? He could have still played in Salzburg, scoring even more goals, and still have bidding war for his signature.

Foxbatt

Ole needs to get his coaching staff right. It's not the first time nor is it the second nor the third time that we have been undone by near post corners.
We never take a near post corner. See how difficult it is to defend?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
He had one serious big option aside from Dortmund, United, a side that has been struggling to remain consistent and competitive for years now.
Or Dortmund, guaranteed CL every year and guaranteed to win the majority of games in the BL.
After 2 more years he’ll have Barca, Madrid, Juve, Chelsea, PSG, United, Bayern, Liverpool, City all bidding for his signature and throwing money at him.

Not sure how you can deny it was a brilliant move for him and the right decision at his age and development.
I just cant say that it was 100% the right move without any doubt, because there is doubt. Who knows how his career would have been different if he moved to United instead.

Here are some stats from the first 10 games of these teams:

ClubWinsDrawsLossesPoints
Atalanta52317
PSG70321
Bayern90127
City72123
Leipzig71222
Lyon45117
Barcelona62220
Atletico63121
United61319
Sevilla43315
Inter44216
Shakhtar44216
Wolves42418
Basel51416
Copenhagen51416
Leverkuzen63121

So, out of the teams you listed, 8 have had worse starts than United and 7 have had better starts. Only two (Bayern and City, with City currently sitting behind us in the PL table, just saying..) have won more than 3 points more than us. Not sure what you tried to prove with your point but we definitely did not have an extraordinarily bad start. Not sure why you took the first 6 games. I decided to take 10 games as a nice round figure.
10 games? I took our shit start mate because that’s what the argument about “no pre-season” came from.
The argument started after we lost to Arsenal and the knifes came out, when people like yourself argued “no pre-season” was the reason for it.
So do 6 games.

Dve

Oh this is gonna be fun....
Eh? Pereira played in the deep role only twice in the PL last season, and both matches when all of Pogba, McTominay and Matic were out injured (against Sheffield United and Aston Villa Nov/Dec 2018). Otherwise, maybe in a couple of odd cup games for rotation purposes (like against Colchester).

Edit. 2019, I meant to write.

Last edited:

georgipep

10 games? I took our shit start Tom because that’s what the argument about “no pre-season”
came from.
The argument started after we lost to Arsenal and the knifes came out, when people like yourself argued “no pre-season” was the reason for it.
So do 6 games.
So 6 games is the amount of games affected by no pre-season? According to who? Also, you can check the results yourself but you will find that the overall mix won't be too different from ours. I know it doesn't suit your narrative but that's life. We did have a poor start and it was mostly because of the lack of fitness, due to no pre-season. Most of the 16 teams that participated in the LE and CL QFs suffered similarly to us. You can accept these facts and move on or you can continue with your unsubstantiated point.

United 1 - 2 C. Palace
Lingard starts, Pogba at DM. Matic on bench. Fred not in squad

Wolves 1 - 1 United
Lingard starts, Pogba at DM. Matic on bench. Fred not in squad.

Southampton 1 - 1 United
Andreas starts, Pogba at DM. Matic on bench. Fred not in squad.

United 1 - 1 Arsenal
ANDREAS AND LINGARD START. FRED & MATIC ON BENCH

My argument was always that he did have better options but chose not to use them, such as moving Pogba to his Juventus role, dropping Lingard or Andreas and bringing in Matic
As I say, he learned his lesson in fairness and by the Burnley game in December he started pairing Matic and Fred and reducing the game time of Andreas and Lingard.
Eh? Pereira played in the deep role only twice in the PL last season, and both matches when all of Pogba, McTominay and Matic were out injured (against Sheffield United and Aston Villa Nov/Dec 2018). Otherwise, maybe in a couple of odd cup games for rotation purposes (like against Colchester).
See above.

So 6 games is the amount of games affected by no pre-season? According to who?
No, once again our extremely shite start was 6 games long. Culminating with the Arsenal defeat.
People then argued the reason for that was no pre-season.
Obviously after winning our last 3 games no one is “blaming” it on no pre-season so I assume the pre-season issue lasted 6 games no?
So I am happy to be educated that the argument of no pre-season holds weight, so show me how those teams did in their first 6 games and I’ll happily be educated.

90 + 5min

For those talking about pre season. Or lack of it. Ofcourse it has affected us and some other teams. And it usually takes 1 to 2 months to get your engine running depending on training and how "fast" you want to make your body ready. If you want to do it quick, there is a risk for muscular injuries. Basic anatomy.

Dve

10 games? I took our shit start mate because that’s what the argument about “no pre-season” came from.
So do 6 games.
Let me suggest we do 38 games instead and see where we stand then.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Ole needs to get his coaching staff right. It's not the first time nor is it the second nor the third time that we have been undone by near post corners.
We never take a near post corner. See how difficult it is to defend?
Corners again?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
West Ham looking good. If we perform against them like we did against Southampton I'd be pleased enough. Not worried about losing as long as we perform better.

Flexdegea

It’s not a difficult point to understand. It’s no-ones fault. No-one can force Haaland to do something he doesn’t want to.

He had an incredible deal at Dortmund, the perfect stepping stone.

Ole couldn’t convince him otherwise. Why does that have to be anyone’s fault?
The deal was tremendous, even as United fan, in his shoes I’d have taken it.

Apologises then, I picked you up wrong.

georgipep

No, once again our extremely shite start was 6 games long. Culminating with the Arsenal defeat.
People then argued the reason for that was no pre-season.
Obviously after winning our last 3 games no one is “blaming” it on no pre-season so I assume the pre-season issue lasted 6 games no?
So I am happy to be educated that the argument of no pre-season holds weight, so show me how those teams did in their first 6 games and I’ll happily be educated.
Again, I don't take 6 games as the critical threshold, I don't see any reason to do so. Also, have taken first 10 games in all competitions, not just league. And you are happy to compile the results yourself.

KD6-3.7

I'm not sure he is. Because he scores lot of goals? He would do that wherever he would play. But he would have better chance winning something with us. As long as Bayern Munchen is in Germany, they will win pretty much every year. And in Europe there chances are even smaller.
He really wouldn’t have better chances winning trophies with us. It’s probably the same honestly. We aren’t winning the PL or CL anytime soon.

It’s more about him moving to a club who is at least consistently good. He improves as a player with a team who has a good style of football (better then United) we’ve seen our strikers go matches with no service and it wouldn’t be any different with Haaland. I’d honestly say him moving to us would have been a bad decision due to our inconsistent management.

90 + 5min

He really wouldn’t have better chances winning trophies with us. It’s probably the same honestly. We aren’t winning the PL or CL anytime soon.

It’s more about him moving to a club who is at least consistently good. He improves as a player with a team who has a good style of football (better then United) we’ve seen our strikers go matches with no service and it wouldn’t be any different with Haaland. I’d honestly say him moving to us would have been a bad decision due to our inconsistent management.
Lets agree to disagree. I think we are lot closer to winning some silverwere than people think. Solskjaer and the staff have got us moving forward and with little bit of time and patience we are going to be happy fans.

Footy van de Geek

I’ve never been this conflicted over whether I wanted a manager in or out since I began supporting United. Fergie was obviously in all the way, Mourinho too, and Moyes and LvG I wanted out. With Ole, the good points are the sudden periods of straight wins and good football, comprehensive defeats of the top sides and managers across Europe and England and the fact that the players like and are playing for him, an invaluable trait. However, there are also the periods of tumescent football, defeats against worse teams like Palace and Basaksehir and the general feeling that he’ll never find the consistency to win us the big titles.

At the moment, I’m on the fence, probably leaning towards in as he has at least, as proven by yesterday’s comeback, built a team of likeable lads with the balls to fight against all the odds, even if their skill levels aren’t on the same level as City, Liverpool, Bayern, PSG etc etc. Hopefully this run of straight wins can continue for a prolonged period of time.

To finish though, I’m just going to say that he is a far superior manager to Arteta. Even though they beat us (Pogba’s fault that was, what could Ole have done), just compare the results and performances of both teams since Arteta took over.
Disagree with this.

Arsenal's squad is in competition with Leicester, Everton and Wolves. They are miles behind Liverpool, City, Spurs, Chelsea and United's squads.

Yet for some strange reason, you get fans who think Arsenal are still a top 4 club. Arteta is facing an actual rebuild with little resources. They invested money under Emery, but now Arteta has come in with a different approach and doesn't have the backing that Ole and Lampard received. Arsenal spent less money than Leeds this summer. They signed players on free transfers or had to sell/loan out in order to buy. Partey came in at the expense of loaning out Torreira and Guendouzi to cover his salary. Partey showed what he can do against United. Gabriel has looked a decent buy with potential to become a solid PL centre back. Question marks over Willian due to his age and salary, but he replaces Mkhitaryan who they let leave on a free. Özil's expensive salary is the equivalent to us being stuck with Alexis Sánchez on the books until we finally shifted him. But unlike United, Arsenal can't carry that salary. We are at a different level financially. What Arteta needs to find is his Bruno. Joe Willock is a decent young player, but the equivalent of us playing Lingard or Andreas Pereira as our #10. A creative midfielder to replace Özil is what they need to start creating chances more frequently. They have a good defensive base under Arteta. They rarely lose by more than a goal in the big games. They've gotten some big results due to his tactics. But now they need to start finding a way to beat your standard PL sides. Especially at home.

I think Arteta, Lampard and Ole are all in very fortunate positions. But it's clear that Arteta is at a disadvantage compared to Lampard and Ole who inherited better players, but were also able to add further quality to their squads. Gabriel and Partey is a move in the right direction, but many more new faces are needed.

Maguire basically cost what Arsenal spent on Gabriel, Partey and Pablo Marí.

As bad as the Villa and Wolves games were, Arsenal aren't miles behind West Ham. They can turn it around. But it has to start soon. The form of Aubameyang post contract signing is worrying for them. He had no problem scoring goals last season under him, so it's not down to tactics alone. Arsenal are currently in the rut Ole found himself in after PSG away in 2019. Ole got time. Lots of it. Arteta probably won't receive similar patience.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
In the context of football I really like that quote

I think its important players are not afraid of making mistakes because you need to take risks to succeed at the highest level
I don't care about "You can forgive any mistake as long as you have the right mindset and approach".

I care about "I feel we are getting there" because we are still far away from the top level and to have no clear style/tactic/plan after 23 months is not good enough.

Tarrou

I don't care about "You can forgive any mistake as long as you have the right mindset and approach".

I care about "I feel we are getting there" because we are still far away from the top level and to have no clear style/tactic/plan after 23 months is not good enough.
ah sorry I misunderstood you

its not so much the quote you are annoyed at but Ole's performance in general, fair enough

Paul_Scholes18

No problem between us mate :)

I wish success for us under Solskjaer but i can't see it after 23 months.
Depend on what you define as sucess. Can't really see a league title.

CL I think we have a better chance in since we can play on the counter and maybe have peak performances, but having to play against Bayern would be too hard unless they have loads of injuries still.
They are too good in attack for us to stop them.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Depend on what you define as sucess. Can't really see a league title.

CL I think we have a better chance in since we can play on the counter and maybe have peak performances, but having to play against Bayern would be too hard unless they have loads of injuries still.
They are too good in attack for us to stop them.
No title in the Europa League or FA-Cup last season was a big failure.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If we accept where we are at now - i.e. Top 4 challengers rather than title challengers, Ole is a great fit. We generally play better football now than in the past few seasons. The players seem happy.

Football moves at a faster pace now and fortunes change very quickly both on and off the pitch. Ole may be the right man for us now but that doesn't mean we can't go for a new manager when things change or when we start having the ability to push for titles.

RashyForPM

Disagree with this.

Arsenal's squad is in competition with Leicester, Everton and Wolves. They are miles behind Liverpool, City, Spurs, Chelsea and United's squads.

Yet for some strange reason, you get fans who think Arsenal are still a top 4 club. Arteta is facing an actual rebuild with little resources. They invested money under Emery, but now Arteta has come in with a different approach and doesn't have the backing that Ole and Lampard received. Arsenal spent less money than Leeds this summer. They signed players on free transfers or had to sell/loan out in order to buy. Partey came in at the expense of loaning out Torreira and Guendouzi to cover his salary. Partey showed what he can do against United. Gabriel has looked a decent buy with potential to become a solid PL centre back. Question marks over Willian due to his age and salary, but he replaces Mkhitaryan who they let leave on a free. Özil's expensive salary is the equivalent to us being stuck with Alexis Sánchez on the books until we finally shifted him. But unlike United, Arsenal can't carry that salary. We are at a different level financially. What Arteta needs to find is his Bruno. Joe Willock is a decent young player, but the equivalent of us playing Lingard or Andreas Pereira as our #10. A creative midfielder to replace Özil is what they need to start creating chances more frequently. They have a good defensive base under Arteta. They rarely lose by more than a goal in the big games. They've gotten some big results due to his tactics. But now they need to start finding a way to beat your standard PL sides. Especially at home.

I think Arteta, Lampard and Ole are all in very fortunate positions. But it's clear that Arteta is at a disadvantage compared to Lampard and Ole who inherited better players, but were also able to add further quality to their squads. Gabriel and Partey is a move in the right direction, but many more new faces are needed.

Maguire basically cost what Arsenal spent on Gabriel, Partey and Pablo Marí.

As bad as the Villa and Wolves games were, Arsenal aren't miles behind West Ham. They can turn it around. But it has to start soon. The form of Aubameyang post contract signing is worrying for them. He had no problem scoring goals last season under him, so it's not down to tactics alone. Arsenal are currently in the rut Ole found himself in after PSG away in 2019. Ole got time. Lots of it. Arteta probably won't receive similar patience.
Good point about the transfer budgets and Arsenal having to sell to buy. However, the squad currently at Arteta’s disposal is essentially at the same level at the one which started last season for us. If I were to make a combined XI (with Partey, who is injured atm):

DDG
AWB Maguire Gabriel Saka
Partey Pogba
Greenwood Ozil Rashford
Auba

With Ozil included, as I believe he should have been registered even if they deemed him politically incorrect, their squad is no worse than ours. 6-5 players in our favour. By December, Ole had us at 6th and about to win deservedly against Spurs and City. Arteta has them at 14th, having already lost more home games than Ole did the whole of last season (not this of course, but our away form has been better than Arsenal’s too). Aside from Arteta already having won a meaningful trophy in his managerial career, nothing to be sniffed at of course, he is not a better manager than Ole.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I just don't get why there is so much mistrust of Ole and a worry about consistency. Since the beginning of this (Calendar) year, United have outperformed Liverpool.

Just a quick look at results:

TEAMPLAYEDWONDRAWNLOSTGOALS FORGOALS AGAINSTDIFFERENCEGOALS FOR PER GAME AVGGOALS AGAINST PER GAME AVG
MAN UTD4729 (61.7%)8 (17%)10 (21.3%)9943+562.10.9
LIVERPOOL4226 (61.9%)6 (14.3%)10 (23.8%)8249+331.91.1

You've played more games, have almost exactly the same win rate, have a vastly better goal difference and better goals per game for and against averages.

Yet a good proportion of your fan base are still adamantly Ole out, I just don't get it. I'll update this again at the end of the year but so far over 11 months, since Jan 1st 2020, you are matching if not beating, a tram and manager often held up as the very best in England, Europe and the world!

This is too big a sample to be down to "individual brilliance" and surely shows that tactically, though he has made mistakes, he knows what he is doing. I think it also shows that your defence and your attack are right up there.

So what more does Ole have to do to show he is capable of matching the best? or at the very least genuinely improving United and heading very much in the right direction?

• L Arsenal 2 – Man Utd 0
  • D Wolves 0 – Man Utd 0
  • L Man Utd 1 – Man City 3
  • W Man Utd 4 – Norwich 0
  • W Man Utd 1 – Wolves 0
  • L Liverpool 2 – Man Utd 0
  • L Man Utd 0 – Burnley 2
  • W Tranmere 0 - Man Utd 6
  • W Man City 0 – Man Utd 1
  • D Man Utd 0 – Wolves 0
  • W Chelsea 0 – Man Utd 2
  • D Brugge 1 - Man Utd 1
  • W Man Utd 3 – Watford 0
  • W Man Utd 5 – Brugge 0
  • D Everton 1 – Man Utd 1
  • W Derby 0 - Man Utd 3
  • W Man Utd 2 – Man City 0
  • W LASK 0 - Man Utd 5
LOCK DOWN

• D Tottenham 1 - Man Utd 1
  • W Man Utd 3 – Sheffield Utd 0
  • W Norwich 1 - Man Utd 2
  • W Brighton 0 – Man Utd 3
  • W Man Utd 5 – Bournemouth 2
  • W Aston Villa 0 - Man Utd 3
  • D Man Utd 2 – Southampton 2
  • W Palace 0 - Man Utd 2
  • L Man Utd 1 – Chelsea 3
  • D Man Utd 1 – West Ham 1
  • W Leicester 0 - Man Utd 2
  • W Man Utd 2 – LASK 1
  • W Man Utd 1 – Copenhagen 0
  • L Sevilla 2 - Man Utd 1
2020/21 SEASON

• L Man Utd 1 – Palace 3
  • W Luton 0 - Man Utd 3
  • W Brighton 2 - Man Utd 3
  • W Brighton 0 - Man Utd 3
  • L Man Utd 1 – Spurs 6
  • W Newcastle 1 - Man Utd 4
  • W PSG 1 - Man Utd 2
  • D Man Utd 0 – Chelsea 0
  • W Man Utd 5 – Leipzig 0
  • L Man Utd 0 – Arsenal 1
  • L Istanbul 2 - Man Utd 1
  • W Everton 1 - Man Utd 3
  • W Man Utd 1 – West Brom 0
  • W Man Utd 4 – Istanbul 1
  • W Southampton 2 - Man Utd 3

• W Liverpool 2 – Sheffield U 0
  • W Liverpool 1 – Everton 0
  • W Spurs 0 – Liverpool 1
  • W Liverpool 2 – Man Utd 0
  • W Wolves 1 – Liverpool 2
  • D Shrewsbury 2 – Liverpool 2
  • W West Ham 0 – Liverpool 2
  • W Liverpool 4 – Southampton 0
  • W Liverpool 1 – Shrewsbury 0
  • W Norwich 0 – Liverpool 1
  • L A Madrid 1 – Liverpool 0
  • W Liverpool 3 – West Ham 2
  • L Watford 3 – Liverpool 0
  • L Chelsea 2 – Liverpool 0
  • W Liverpool 2 – Bournemouth 1
  • L Liverpool 2 – A Madrid 3
LOCKDOWN

• D Everton 0 – Liverpool 0
  • W Liverpool 4 – Palace 0
  • L Man City 4 – Liverpool 0
  • W Liverpool 2 – Aston Villa 0
  • W Brighton 1 – Liverpool 3
  • D Liverpool 1 – Burnley 1
  • L Arsenal 2 – Liverpool 1
  • W Liverpool 5 – Chelsea 3
  • W Newcastle 1 – Liverpool 3
2020/21 SEASON

• L Arsenal 1 – Liverpool 1 (Liverpool lost on pens)
  • W Liverpool 4 – Leeds 3
  • W Chelsea 0 – Liverpool 2
  • W Lincoln 2 – Liverpool 7
  • W Liverpool 3 – Arsenal 1
  • L Liverpool 0 – Arsenal 0 (Liverpool lost on pens)
  • L Aston Villa 7 – Liverpool 2
  • D Everton 2 – Liverpool 2
  • W Ajax 0 – Liverpool 1
  • W Liverpool 2 – Sheffield U 1
  • W Liverpool 2 – Midtjylland 0
  • W Liverpool 2 – West Ham 1
  • W Atalanta 0 – Liverpool 5
  • D Man City 1 – Liverpool 1
  • W Liverpool 3 – Leicester 0
  • L Liverpool 0 – Atalanta 2
  • D Brighton 1 – Liverpool 1

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Well calling the 16th August “late August” isn’t rewriting history, it’s rewriting the calendar @Tom Cato. The Quarter finals were just 5 days earlier with plenty of teams in them.
CL quarter finals were the same week as the EL semis, and I’d say 16 is “plenty” Tom.

Atalanta, PSG, Bayern, City, Leipzig, Lyon, Barca, Atletico, United, Seville, Inter, Shakhtar, Wolves, Basel, Copenhagen, Leverkusen.

How many of those 16 won only 2 of their first 6 league games? Maybe you have a point Tom, educate me cause I don’t follow enough footy outside of United these days.
It's hard to determine because ther are so many other factors involved. Some teams could have had a horrible start regardless, some teams are so much better than the others that they would have done well anyway. Some teams got an extra week (Spanish teams) before the season started - which would have helped. And some leagues play at different pace which may help.

However - if you only look at the results and not consider injuries, opponents etc - there are strong indications that the teams above were strongly affected by the short break.

Several of the teams had poor starts

Copenhagen sacked their coach after the worst start since they had since the merger and became Copenhagen
PSG started the season by losing the first 2 matches
City lost 2-5 to Leicester in their second match
Lyon had 7 points after 6 matches
Barcelona won their first 2 games, and then picked up 2 points from the next 4.
Leverkusen drew their 3 first matches
Basel picked up 1 point from their first 2 matches. Won the third, and did not play again for 3 weeks due to postponed matches
Wolves beat Sheffield United and then got hammered by City and West Ham
Shakhtar drew their first 2 matches
United picked up 3 points from 3 matches
Seville is hard to determine - they won their first 2 - but picked up 1 point from the next 4

A few exceptons that started well

Atletico won the first by 6-1, drew 2 - before going on a serious winning streak. But they also started 1 week later than United.
Leipzig won 4 of their first 5
Bayern won the first game by 8-0, and lost the next to Hoffenheim by 4-1. But then it was business as usual
Atalanta won their first 3 matches - but they also got an extra week compared to United
Inter won their first 2 and only lost to a strong AC MIlan side in round 4

Serie A seems to be least affected by the break - Inter and Atalanta both had strong starts, but they had an extra week, and the tempo is often lower there.

But the only teams out of these 16 who got off to a flying start without any real weaknesses were Leipzig and Atalanta. The majority of the teams had poor or at least not better than average starts.

meamth

I just don't get why there is so much mistrust of Ole and a worry about consistency. Since the beginning of this (Calendar) year, United have outperformed Liverpool.

TEAMPLAYEDWONDRAWNLOSTGOALS FORGOALS AGAINSTDIFFERENCEGOALS FOR PER GAME AVGGOALS AGAINST PER GAME AVG

You've played more games, have almost exactly the same win rate, have a vastly better goal difference and better goals per game for and against averages.

Yet a good proportion of your fan base are still adamantly Ole out, I just don't get it. I'll update this again at the end of the year but so far over 11 months, since Jan 1st 2020, you are matching if not beating, a tram and manager often held up as the very best in England, Europe and the world!

This is too big a sample to be down to "individual brilliance" and surely shows that tactically, though he has made mistakes, he knows what he is doing. I think it also shows that your defence and your attack are right up there.

So what more does Ole have to do to show he is capable of matching the best? or at the very least genuinely improving United and heading very much in the right direction?
That all with a young, high potential and growing team too.

Fans can't see the bigger picture, the project since Ole was hired, the club have been doing the right things.

EDIT:
In order to satisfy the Ole outs, it's simple, win any cup for now, coupled with consistency to challenge the top 4.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
That all with a young, high potential and growing team too.

Fans can't see the bigger picture, the project since Ole was hired, the club have been doing the right things.

EDIT:
In order to satisfy the Ole outs, it's simple, win any cup for now, coupled with consistency to challenge the top 4.
Thing is Poch never managed that, but plenty of people regard him as a much better manager than Ole.

mancave bear

• D Wolves 0 – Man Utd 0
  • W Man Utd 1 – Wolves 0
  • D Man Utd 0 – Wolves 0
  • D Brugge 1 - Man Utd 1
  • W Man Utd 5 – Brugge 0
  • W Derby 0 - Man Utd 3
  • W LASK 0 - Man Utd 5
LOCK DOWN

• W Palace 0 - Man Utd 2
  • W Man Utd 2 – LASK 1
2020/21 SEASON

• L Man Utd 1 – Palace 3
  • W Luton 0 - Man Utd 3
  • L Man Utd 1 – Spurs 6
  • W PSG 1 - Man Utd 2

LOCKDOWN

2020/21 SEASON

• W Ajax 0 – Liverpool 1
Good post. There is probably some people on here who pretend to be united fans, who is really other clubs fans, trying to make it look like we dont support our own club. I am shore its like that at other teams sites too.

Markey

• D Wolves 0 – Man Utd 0
  • W Man Utd 1 – Wolves 0
  • D Man Utd 0 – Wolves 0
  • D Brugge 1 - Man Utd 1
  • W Man Utd 5 – Brugge 0
  • W Derby 0 - Man Utd 3
  • W LASK 0 - Man Utd 5
LOCK DOWN

• W Palace 0 - Man Utd 2
  • W Man Utd 2 – LASK 1
2020/21 SEASON

• L Man Utd 1 – Palace 3
  • W Luton 0 - Man Utd 3
  • L Man Utd 1 – Spurs 6
  • W PSG 1 - Man Utd 2

LOCKDOWN

2020/21 SEASON

• W Ajax 0 – Liverpool 1
I can't speak for everyone but the thing I want, and miss most of all is to atleast be in the title race come Feb/March. I just miss the buzz of looking at the table, watching all the other contenders and hoping they drop points and then more being on the line for us when we play.

Since SAF we have had so many seasons of being out of the race before it has even begun, along with a very boring and frustrating style of play. Since Ole, watching us play has been a massive improvement in terms of actual enjoyment, despite how inconsistent it feels.

I am not an "Ole out," but I am not all for keeping him either. I am a realist and know that who is the best manager for our great club is way above my knowledge and pay grade.

I would like to think the poll has a lot of people like me who are 50/50 and voted just to see what the result currently is. I don't think it is a clear cut yes or no at this moment in time. We know there is no quick fix for the manager position when the people above that are questionable at best.

Flexdegea

• D Wolves 0 – Man Utd 0
  • W Man Utd 1 – Wolves 0
  • D Man Utd 0 – Wolves 0
  • D Brugge 1 - Man Utd 1
  • W Man Utd 5 – Brugge 0
  • W Derby 0 - Man Utd 3
  • W LASK 0 - Man Utd 5
LOCK DOWN

• W Palace 0 - Man Utd 2
  • W Man Utd 2 – LASK 1
2020/21 SEASON

• L Man Utd 1 – Palace 3
  • W Luton 0 - Man Utd 3
  • L Man Utd 1 – Spurs 6
  • W PSG 1 - Man Utd 2

LOCKDOWN

2020/21 SEASON

• W Ajax 0 – Liverpool 1

Really hard to argue with that.

Also puts into perspective how ridiculous and stupid the whole Ole needs to go movement have got.

Have such a silly outlook of where we should be. When we clearly on the route to where we want to be.

OleBoiii

That should be the nail in the coffin for the time being. At least until top 4 looks very unlikely. These stats become even better when you look at the context behind most of the 10 losses:

- 4 losses came in January, i.e. before we signed Bruno.
- 2 losses came in semi-finals against good teams(Chelsea and Sevilla).
- 2 losses came in the first couple weeks of this season when looking visibly less match fit than our opponents(i.e no preseason).
- 1 loss came against Arsenal after a silly Pogba mistake. They created almost no chances all game.

When match fit and with Bruno in the team(roughly 35 games), we've only lost one game that we should have won: away to Istanbul.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
That should be the nail in the coffin for the time being. At least until top 4 looks very unlikely. These stats become even better when you look at the context behind most of the 10 losses:

- 4 losses came in January, i.e. before we signed Bruno.
- 2 losses came in semi-finals against good teams(Chelsea and Sevilla).
- 2 losses came in the first couple weeks of this season when looking visibly less match fit than our opponents(i.e no preseason).
- 1 loss came against Arsenal after a silly Pogba mistake. They created almost no chances all game.

When match fit and with Bruno in the team(roughly 35 games), we've only lost one game that we should have won: away to Istanbul.
What I also think is bizarre is that almost everyone thinks Liverpool have a better squad, which logically means you have to argue that Ole has done better than Klopp to get these results with a less talented group of players.

TheGame

• D Wolves 0 – Man Utd 0
  • W Man Utd 1 – Wolves 0
  • D Man Utd 0 – Wolves 0
  • D Brugge 1 - Man Utd 1
  • W Man Utd 5 – Brugge 0
  • W Derby 0 - Man Utd 3
  • W LASK 0 - Man Utd 5
LOCK DOWN

• W Palace 0 - Man Utd 2
  • W Man Utd 2 – LASK 1
2020/21 SEASON

• L Man Utd 1 – Palace 3
  • W Luton 0 - Man Utd 3
  • L Man Utd 1 – Spurs 6
  • W PSG 1 - Man Utd 2

LOCKDOWN

2020/21 SEASON

• W Ajax 0 – Liverpool 1
Great post.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I can't speak for everyone but the thing I want, and miss most of all is to atleast be in the title race come Feb/March. I just miss the buzz of looking at the table, watching all the other contenders and hoping they drop points and then more being on the line for us when we play.

Since SAF we have had so many seasons of being out of the race before it has even begun, along with a very boring and frustrating style of play. Since Ole, watching us play has been a massive improvement in terms of actual enjoyment, despite how inconsistent it feels.

I am not an "Ole out," but I am not all for keeping him either. I am a realist and know that who is the best manager for our great club is way above my knowledge and pay grade.

I would like to think the poll has a lot of people like me who are 50/50 and voted just to see what the result currently is. I don't think it is a clear cut yes or no at this moment in time. We know there is no quick fix for the manager position when the people above that are questionable at best.
I agree with this. I'm not a natural Ole in, but I also feel uncomfortable at wanting him replaced. He's done a lot of great stuff but I've also seen periods where we didn't look like we were progressing. It's complicated and I've been the ultimate flip-flopper I don't mind admitting.

What I am certain of though is that for the most part, I really think we have a good squad and I would 100% expect next season for us to have a good crack at at least being in the title race as a bare minimum. getting 3rd last year was good. Being pleased with a distant 3rd every year isn't so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.