Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Something you can say about both LvG and Moyes - Rashford, McT, etc..
Yes, LVG does deserve credit for bringing them through, he laid the foundations for the future of the club but was also wasteful in the transfer market on some of his more expensive signings. Ole got rid of some high earners that were getting up there in age as well, Herrera (30), Fellaini (32), Darmian (29), Smalling (29). We are weakened because some of them weren't replaced but it does leave the club in a better state than the one he picked up on, for the next guy.

fergiesarmy1

if ole had any decency he would walk now ....in way over his head , results have been very poor , he actually has players going backwards and for me a justification of the stupidity of signing a bloke no one else was chasing because he beat psg away

and while we are at it , glazers and woodward...... f&^% you too ,,,,,,,,,,,,
Makes me laugh that opinion, the rest of it thumbs up haha

Yes, LVG does deserve credit for bringing them through, he laid the foundations for the future of the club but was also wasteful in the transfer market on some of his more expensive signings. Ole got rid of some high earners that were getting up there in age as well, Herrera (30), Fellaini (32), Darmian (29), Smalling (29). We are weakened because some of them weren't replaced but it does leave the club in a better state than the one he picked up on, for the next guy.
Making us miles worse than when you took over does not leave us in a better state.

Enigma_87

You know who
Ole also signed Mata on 2+1 deal for 160k per week. Pereira - new deal, Jones - new deal,b Young another year till 2020.

Fellaini would have been pretty useful this year with that mess of a CM, Herrera isn't someone I'd call Ole getting rid of, Smalling will be back next year.

When you say wasteful in the transfer market:

80m for Maguire - world record fee for a defender, 190k per week salary, even City didn't pay that.
50m for AWB who has shortcomings in attack - no one was going to pay that as well.

James has been a good signing.

Overall not something I'd call a better state compared to what we had last year. Far from it.

AC1689

Anybody wanting him to stay and actively supporting this notion, is totally complicit in the demise of the club right now and are dragging us down to a level never before seen in the modern era. The mind boggles.

fergiesarmy1

Anybody wanting him to stay and actively supporting this notion, is totally complicit in the demise of the club right now and are dragging us down to a level never before seen in the modern era. The mind boggles.
:houllier:

Not looking out for the long term future?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
People saying he needs time can only be compared to a person claiming a drowning man who cannot swim will surface eventually.

This comparison also works well for our PL top 4 even EL ambitions.

mu4c_20le

Making us miles worse than when you took over does not leave us in a better state.
For a team in the middle of a rebuild, it does.
Ole also signed Mata on 2+1 deal for 160k per week. Pereira - new deal, Jones - new deal,b Young another year till 2020.
Mata took a pay cut, and basically it was a deal to secure one of our experienced senior players, which we lack right now. Of course in hindsight it might've gone better if we kept Herrera instead, but apparently he wanted twice of what Mata's on.

80m for Maguire - world record fee for a defender, 190k per week salary, even City didn't pay that.
50m for AWB who has shortcomings in attack - no one was going to pay that as well.

James has been a good signing.

Overall not something I'd call a better state compared to what we had last year. Far from it.
We overpaid a bit on Maguire for sure, but he's in his prime years, and will be our first or second choice for the next five years. AWB we overpaid by 10-15m but still a solid signing.. the alternative was 50-60m Cancelo, look how he's turnd out for City.

SAFMUTD

He gave opportunities to lots of kids and launched Greenwood's career, fact.
Opportunities to lots of kids, which ones consistently? The only new one starting is Williams (as its only his second game in a row) we’ll see when Shaw comes back if he's still the first option.
Greenwood has always been a great prospect, giving him a couple of minutes at the end of matches and some starts at europa league I dont think qualifies as “launching” his career.

Stop the myths, every manager uses youngsters, Moyes had Januzaj, LVG had Rashford, Mourinho had McTomminay and Ole have Williams/Greenwood, that wasnt enough to justify other managers failures and its not enough to justify the embarrasing state of the club in which Ole has us right now.

Enigma_87

You know who

Mata took a pay cut, and basically it was a deal to secure one of our experienced senior players, which we lack right now. Of course in hindsight it might've gone better if we kept Herrera instead, but apparently he wanted twice of what Mata's on.

We overpaid a bit on Maguire for sure, but he's in his prime years, and will be our first or second choice for the next five years. AWB we overpaid by 10-15m but still a solid signing.. the alternative was 50-60m Cancelo, look how he's turnd out for City.
So in essence you agree that Mata deal was terrible, Herrera didn't want to sign (not like Ole trimmed him as you first claimed), and that we overpaid for both AWB and Maguire - exactly what the other managers have done before him.

mu4c_20le

So in essence you agree that Mata deal was terrible, Herrera didn't want to sign (not like Ole trimmed him as you first claimed), and that we overpaid for both AWB and Maguire - exactly what the other managers have done before him.
Err, I wouldn't put overpaid on the same level as wasteful, which is what I call the Di Maria, Depay, Mkhitaryan, Bailly signings. At least they are useful with bright futures and have clear, defined roles in the team.

el3mel

He has failed here miserably. Anyone thinking otherwise probably lowered his expectations even more as the season went on. Bring anyone pre season and tell him we will have 4 wins, Four! Wins in the league out of 14 as we approach December and he would have laughed his arse off on that prospect. We were poor but never as poor as this horrendous record.

We are only 5 matches away from the end of the first leg of the league season and have 2 big matches coming. We might finish this first half of the season with 6 wins or so out of 19. It would be a beyond ridiculous record. On the course of less than 15 wins in the league. Maybe less than 12 as second half fitness will drop even more and injuries will become more common as schedule becomes more congested.

By all means this has the potential to be our worst PL season since the new format which will an achievement considering our 7th position under Moyes.

Ole failed here. Period. We are delaying the inevitable. We had a chance today to salvage our season and put ourselves on the top 4 race again and this was the response we got from the players and Ole. Unacceptable.

4 wins, fecking hell. Just think of that number a little bit. Ridiculous.

Enigma_87

You know who
Err, I wouldn't put overpaid on the same level as wasteful, which is what I call the Di Maria, Depay, Mkhitaryan, Bailly signings. At least they are useful with bright futures and have clear, defined roles in the team.
If the next manager that comes in wants to play with attacking full backs AWB role can quickly change and he can become just as wasteful as the names you mentioned above.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It would not take a competent manager 18 months
It probably would to be fair, everyone fawns over klopp and pep get they both didn’t light any fires their first year, it takes time.
They also spent a fair bit that we may not do, pep even had a ready made spine we don’t.
This is going to take years no matter who we get

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Funny how you explained the Mata contract but completely ducked the question on new deals for Pereira, Young and Jones.

His recruitment/mangement of the squad has been mixed at best and poor at worst, no different to previous managers before him. Pereira, Mata, Jones and Young are already deadwood for the next man in. Jury is still out on Maguire and Wan Bissaka too to some extent.

Scholsey2004

This sounds more like a director of football than an actual football manager/coach. He may be able to do all the things above, but the bottom line is, his coaching is shit and he is tactically inept. I would go as far as saying tactically he’s not even standard premier league level, never mind United level.

I think a lot of fans want the glazers and Woodward gone but it’s just not going to happen, so we have to work with what we have got. We need a quality manager with an attacking style of play, grasp of tactics and the mentality to handle a big club like United.

So far we have hired

1.Moyes clueless
2. Van Gaal dinosaur
3. Mourinho finished at top level.
3. Ole (see Moyes)
Rinse repeat forever then presumably.

0le

The main issue with Ole is the performances and results. You can forgive him for the club not signing enough players or not retaining certain players because these issues are strongly linked with Woodward and his negotiation team. But the performances have been shocking as have some of the results. By the sounds of it (on the radio) we don't seem coached at all. It seems like we have been like this for some time. I have been Ole out for some time now, and nothing has changed my view of this. His game management continues to be bizarre and you get the impression his decisions, as well as what he says during the interviews and press conference, are signs of a desperate man out of his depth. It has very similar vibes to Moyes.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
People saying he needs time can only be compared to a person claiming a drowning man who cannot swim will surface eventually.

This comparison also works well for our PL top 4 even EL ambitions.
They are either abusing or too stupid to understand what is a very good principle... “give a manager time“. But you give a manager time when you see that he deserves it. If after 12 months I could see a style of play, the football was exciting, and say every game we’d score 2 but concede 2 due to silly defensive errors I’d be up for giving the manager time.. Or if we defended well, played well, created chances, but didn’t score... I’d give the manager time.. because in both of these situations you know that the right signings will fix things

Last edited:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
They are either abusing or too stupid to understand what is a very good principle... give a manager time. But you give a manager time when you see that he deserves it. If after 12 months I could see a style of play, the football was exciting, and say every game we’d score 2 but concede due to silly defensive errors I’d be up for giving the manager time.. Or if we defended well, played well, created chances, but didn’t score... I’d give the manager time.. because in both of these situations you know that the right signings will fix things
Also you give a manager backing in the market when he deserves it. Ole has spent 130 m on seemingly mediocre defenders. Or is he coaching the abilities out of them? Well that's a completely different debate but if Jose got second place and did not deserve to be given backing in the market, what has Ole done to deserve millions more?
And as for this theory that apparently the players have to come first and then the style of play will somehow magically arrive, I really don't know whether to laugh or cry at such inanity.

croadyman

Well I have changed my mind about Ole now. He must go.
For a manager insisting on playing Mata and Pereira on the team when we have better young players available, It's just ridiculous. No brainer now, put someone in charge until the summer and bring in Potchetino.
Yeah I think we should do that too,who would you make caretaker until the summer just out of interest?

Yakuza_devils

Apparently, he only needs more time and money to sort this out because he is going in the right direction and showing "promise" United way since SAF retired. We have also went with the tried and tested and now we must be patience.

Nevermind we have being outplayed by Villa at OT. Nevermind the football style is dogshit. Nevermind we are nowhere near top 4. Nevermind our signings are average with world record deals. Nevermind we have such unbalance squad short of midlfiled and attacking players.

Mylock

The first thing I would like to say Ollie is a legend and comes across as a lovely guy who cares deeply for united, he'd do anything to get the club back to where it belongs. He has done the right thing on getting rid of the players who were bought over the last 6 years who were not fit to wear the Jersey. He has done the right thing in bringing in the youth Players who deserve a chance to wear the Jersey. I'd be a 100% behind him on getting the club back to basic on the "united way".
The problem he has is that he hasn't won enough matches, if he had it would give him the breathing space to buy in the players he badly needs. The vulture are out, and I'm afraid he'll do well to survive.
Tactically he has been found wanting and his interviews have become a joke to listen to. How he could say Lingard was great last week was a joke, if he really believe that lingard was good, he has a problem. The last few games we have been a shambles and should have lost both. Hopefully he can turn it around.
Our next 3 games will decide Ollie's faith.

Mylock

The first thing I would like to say Ollie is a legend and comes across as a lovely guy who cares deeply for united, he'd do anything to get the club back to where it belongs. He has done the right thing on getting rid of the players who were bought over the last 6 years who were not fit to wear the Jersey. He has done the right thing in bringing in the youth Players who deserve a chance to wear the Jersey. I'd be a 100% behind him on getting the club back to basic on the "united way".
The problem he has is that he hasn't won enough matches to give him the breathing space to buy in the players he badly needs and get the rid the players needs to get rid of. The vulture are out, and I'm afraid he'll do well to survive.
Tactically he has been found wanting and his interviews have become a joke to listen to. How he could say Limgard was great last week was fooling himself, if he really believe that lingard was good, he has a problem. I believe the last few games have been shambolic and we should really have lost both. Hopefully he can turn it around
Our next 3 games will decide Ollie's faith

Kopral Jono

Ole needs to go pronto. A manager who can't manage games just isn't a United manager.

mav_9me

There is 6 points between 5th and 16th. So after the next 2 games we could conceivably be in the bottom 10 and they will likely sack Ole but the thing to do is to sack him for the performances against Sheffield and Villa.. Not for losing against spurs and city... That would be so foolish and typical of Woodward.

freeurmind

weak willed
Im still Ole in but him saying hes not worried about our league position is taking the piss.

reddevilchennai

Ole look clueless in the dugout.
With this same squad, had Poch or a better manager been incharge from Gameweek-1, we could be definitely be in top 4 as a minimum.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
The problem he has is that he hasn't won enough matches to give him the breathing space to buy in the players he badly needs and get the rid the players needs to get rid of. The vulture are out, and I'm afraid he'll do well to survive.
Tactically he has been found wanting and his interviews have become a joke to listen to. How he could say Limgard was great last week was fooling himself, if he really believe that lingard was good, he has a problem. I believe the last few games have been shambolic and we should really have lost both. Hopefully he can turn it around
A legendary footballer who is now destroying his legacy with each passing day. If he really has the best interests of the club his his heart he should walk now and not wait for the sacking. He has sold players, some deserving and some undeserving but also extended contracts of horrible players like Jones etc. At the same time he has bought bang average players for huge fees. Money which could have been spent wisely and not on chasing overrated English players. Critics are rightly bashing him. He has not even been able to imprint any sort of style even after 11 months. And now it seems we need to spend millions more in January. Hilarious.

squamish

United has many legends working as commentators and pundits. Seriously, Ole should be a youth coach.

drdoityourself

Many of his decisions are something I've been long on about. Getting rid of Fellaini, Smalling, Valencia, Darmian for example. He has someone actually playing on the right wing, a sight I haven't seen since Nani. He promotes youth at a high rate.

But then again he has massively misdiagnosed the problem in midfield. The big roles expected of Matic, Mata, Fred, Pereira and Lingard. I just can not understand how someone thought it was a good idea to go into the season without a new midfielder. Herrera left, Fellaini too but no one came in. Matic and Mata showed they were done last year, Pereira has never showed anything and Fred has massive flaws in his game. Lingard may float like a butterfly, but he certainly doesn't sting like a bee. The least threatening nr.10 I have ever seen.
If he wanted a midfielder and didn't get one he should be honest about it, it certainly would help fans think he'd have a clue.

The tactics, patterns of play and movement in the box look untrained. It's damning how the goalscorer he was can't get anyone to make the right runs into a box when a cross comes in.

The fact is we hired a failed Cardiff manager, backed him up with a failed Hull manager. A Russell Slade/Phil Brown equivalent combination And expected them to be so much more. The managers who've played under SAF have been mediocre at best and his assistants have not made many headlines as managers. To think this combination would work for an extended period of time was incredibly naive.

The squad he has is limited, and just poor in some departments. The injuries to Martial and Pogba have not helped. But the level of that squad that was assembled over the summer was just naive. Reeks of a yes man naively thinking the 90's way of doing things will just magically work out for him. And there still seems no real idendity about our play, other managers of lesser clubs have shown an identity can be forced in a few weeks.

I haven't wanted him out, but it's time to face the facts, he is just massively out of his depth.

RedIan

Ole was made permanent manager in March - since then th team has played 22 games and won just 6 - the fact is, that is relegation form. This season we are 14 games in and won only 4, the same number as Brighton and Newcastle. Palace and and Burnley have won more games that us....
I love Ole as a player, as a manager he does not have any proven track record and its now clear he should not have been appointed.
the squad is thin but there are internationals in every position, we should not be in this lowly position. Sorry Ole time to go.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Still in the let's see where we are next Christmas crowd, but then i'm not, and never have been a spoilt little rich kid.
Sounds like you're more of a deluded, hopeful kid who thinks mummy will eventually get him the toy he asked for but it just never happens.

Yakuza_devils

Villa has the worst away record in the league but outplayed us at OT. They were gutted with a draw.

We supposed to blame this on the players? Or the excuse Villa simply has a better squad than us? Or no manager can do better than Ole with this squad?

I think it's time we all agree that our incompetent board had made a massive mistake appointing Cardif/Molde manager to lead the biggest rebuild for the biggest club in the world.

dove

Still in the let's see where we are next Christmas crowd, but then i'm not, and never have been a spoilt little rich kid.
You don't do your Ole in crowd any favours with stupid comments like this. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.