Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonothom

For the fans thinking none of this is Solskjaers fault and saying this is the poorest set of players in Uniteds Premier league history.

From a post on football 365 -
"GK Tomasz Kuszczak
DEF Evra Carrick Fletcher Park
MID Gibson Scholes Welbeck Anderson Nani
FWD Michael Owen

That team beat Wolfsburg away 3-1. Ole’s job is about more than just buying players. He actually needs to coach."

Pretty much spot on I'd say! The current team and players is at least on the same level if not better in some positions than the above team. Properly coached United would easily have a chance of top 4.

mu4c_20le

Pretty much spot on I'd say! The current team and players is at least on the same level if not better in some positions than the above team. Properly coached United would easily have a chance of top 4.
Chelsea - Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount
Spurs - Ndombele, Dier, Sissoko, Eriksen
Leicester - Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison
United - Fred, Mctominay, Pereira

Top 4 la

Mihai

Yeah, think the thread should be close and re vote out if interest. I don't expect we would see the same results.

So many vote would be left over from months ago I reckon.
I think we need a poll to establish if we need a new poll.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
For the fans thinking none of this is Solskjaers fault and saying this is the poorest set of players in Uniteds Premier league history.

From a post on football 365 -
"GK Tomasz Kuszczak
DEF Evra Carrick Fletcher Park
MID Gibson Scholes Welbeck Anderson Nani
FWD Michael Owen

That team beat Wolfsburg away 3-1. Ole’s job is about more than just buying players. He actually needs to coach."

And on the Saturday this team lost 0-1 to Villa at Home.
Kuszczak
Fletcher Vidic Brown Evra
Valencia Carrick Anderson Giggs
Park Rooney

So much delusion about how a bit of 'coaching' will turn Pereira, Fred, Mata and the like into a winning machine.

Mainoldo

Kuszczak
Park Rooney

So much delusion about how a bit of 'coaching' will turn Pereira, Fred, Mata and the like into a winning machine.
Was that team 9th after the loss?

Adcuth

If he was shit at Cardiff and people say that job was above him, how come this job isn't?

Mainoldo

Of course not. Look at the level of it compared to our current dross.
I see Fletcher at RB and Anderson plus a GK not better than our number 2. Like the points are pretty useless. We beat Arsenal with Fabio and Park in CM.

Ole is just useless.. he could have Leicester's midfield he would have lost.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't care. Won't change much if everything stays the same.

But I don't look at sacking the manager as a quick fix, and I'm cognizant of all the clubs that have hired and fired their way down the divisions so meh... fire him, will dispel the gloom from this side of the forum for like 3 months

fps

I don't care. Won't change much if everything stays the same.

But I don't look at sacking the manager as a quick fix, and I'm cognizant of all the clubs that have hired and fired their way down the divisions so meh... fire him, will dispel the gloom from this side of the forum for like 3 months
But this forum is a cesspool of whingers, more widely the feeling is more positive. (Cue conspiracy theorists who think the club’s owners want it to fail)

Leftback99

I see Fletcher at RB and Anderson plus a GK not better than our number 2. Like the points are pretty useless. We beat Arsenal with Fabio and Park in CM.

Ole is just useless.. he could have Leicester's midfield he would have lost.
We can all pick out random games and say 'look at this team we won/lost with'. Rooney and Ronaldo vs Southend?

If you can't see the difference between the current squad and some of SAFs best that's your problem. It's night and day. Then again you're the guy who thought most of our team would be starters for City this time last year so i'm not surprised.

90 + 5min

Kuszczak
Park Rooney

People really think that changing managers would make us top level again. As everything is Ole fault. One year later ( if we have similar squad) they would be screaming out for new manager. Those who are most vocal regarding Ole out were most vocal with Moyes, van Gaal, Mourinho and even Ferguson were managers. For them players seem to be immune to all kind of criticism.

Leftback99

People really think that changing managers would make us top level again. As everything is Ole fault. One year later ( if we have similar squad) they would be screaming out for new manager. Those who are most vocal regarding Ole out were most vocal with Moyes, van Gaal, Mourinho and even Ferguson were managers. For them players seem to be immune to all kind of criticism.
From our regular starters this season we have a bunch of run of the mill average players, the type most PL teams have if we take off the rose tinted specs:

Lindelof
Williams
Shaw
Young
Fred
Pereira
Mata
McTominay (potential)
James (potential)
Lingard

We have a handful of 'top 4' quality players to separate us from mid table:

Maguire
Wan Bissaka
Rashford
Martial

Pogba has been missing all season, De Gea has no impact on our outfield play.

In the past we could easily claim to having 6/7 of the best players in the league at any particular time, not top 4 at best. Good luck to any manager trying to live up to those standards from the past with this lot.

It's beyond 'a bit of coaching and we'll be good' territory.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We lost to Palace at home with Pogba and McTominay starting in midfield. It's not just a poor midfield that has been a issue, it's also our coaches who are not experienced or good enough to lead us to where we want to be.

Mainoldo

We can all pick out random games and say 'look at this team we won/lost with'. Rooney and Ronaldo vs Southend?

If you can't see the difference between the current squad and some of SAFs best that's your problem. It's night and day. Then again you're the guy who thought most of our team would be starters for City this time last year so i'm not surprised.
Mate I’m not thinking we should be winning the league like the squads you are pointing out did. I’m just pointing out we should be better than peak Bolton Wonders with this team.

Mainoldo

You would like the new manager to fail wouldn’t you. Sometimes I have to think why certain fans bother supporting the club.

90 + 5min

You would like the new manager to fail wouldn’t you. Sometimes I have to think why certain fans bother supporting the club.
I am standing by every manager and think that a manager should be given time. Should a new manager come I would give him same backing as Ole gets by giving him time. Something you clearly are not willing to. I'm not like some of you who are hoping that we lose games just so you can change a manager you don't like..

Leftback99

We lost to Palace at home with Pogba and McTominay starting in midfield. It's not just a poor midfield that has been a issue, it's also our coaches who are not experienced or good enough to lead us to where we want to be.
We lost the Palace game because Lindelof can't head a ball.

Besides even our best ever sides lost games. This is Pogba and McTominay with Rashford and Martial up top, not Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo and Rooney. Shock, we lose games even at full strength, under the next manager this will still happen a lot because what we've got isn't that good.

TheGodsInRed

Using the word 'transition' as an excuse after we signed 3 new players makes me laugh. Atlectico signed 9 players in the summer, that's a transition.

What makes you think this is a transition? Our win rate has been worse than ever. Transitions don't last 6 years. This is not a transition, you have just lowered your standards and accepted mid-table mediorctory.

Just because the recruitment has been poor and we signed the wrong mangers in the past doesn't mean we should give up and accept this. We are meant to be the biggest club in the country, and we are falling away and may never catch back up.

Last edited:

bonothom

Using the word 'transition' as and excuse after we signed 3 new players makes me laugh. Atlectico signed 9 players in the summer, that's a transition.

What makes you think this is a transition? Our win rate has been worse than ever. Transitions don't last 6 years. This is not a transition, you have just lowered your standards and accepted mid-table mediorctory.

Just because the recruitment has been poor and we signed the wrong mangers in the past doesn't mean we should give up and accept this. We are meant to be the biggest club in the country, and we are falling away and may never catch back up.
Agree totally. I frigging hate that word transition. Its just a poor excuse to put up with shit team performances. Real Madrid transitions last for about 3 weeks.

90 + 5min

Agree totally. I frigging hate that word transition. Its just a poor excuse to put up with shit team performances. Real Madrid transitions last for about 3 weeks.
Thats why we have more league titles then Real Madrid last 20 years. Thats why Real Madrid have 4 titles last 15 years. Not saying it is bad but in a league with Barcelona as only competition I would take it easy having them as a great example.

bonothom

Just checking the league table and the teams below us. City doing United a favour here by hammering Burnley so we should be above them after Wednesday. West Ham at Wolves so should be still above them, Newcastle at Sheff Utd so should be above them. So even with a defeat tommorow then United should be in 10th or 11th come the weekend. Yep that's how bad things are, having to check the shit teams matches to see where United might be if they lose. What a joke. When Ole said at the end of last season about worrying about the teams below us I didn't realise he meant the shit that struggles to beat relegation every season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Besides even our best ever sides lost games. This is Pogba and McTominay with Rashford and Martial up top, not Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo and Rooney. Shock, we lose games even at full strength, under the next manager this will still happen a lot because what we've got isn't that good.
Lindelof not being able to head a ball doesn't mean our midfield shouldn't at the very least have some control in a midfield against Crystal Palace. And when you can't control a game against midtable sides then you will always give them a chance to upset you, which is exactly what happened.

Our best sides and even other great sides have lost games against midtable mediocrity. But those teams you speak of still challenge for the title and don't go on a run where they're getting schooled regularly by newly promoted/midtable teams. Surely you see the difference..

Us having a poor midfield is ole's fault as much as it is the boards. You can't absolve Ole for the issues in the current team, because when you have £150m to spend on players and you spend the majority on a CB and RB for a mammoth sum and said players are not even close to being the best in their respective positions is what leads to a deterioration when the midfield was in dire needs of upgrading. Solskjaer was naive in his approach in the transfer market and it will cost him his job. When you have 6 CBs already on the books and you still go ahead and want Maguire, full-well knowing Leicester are gonna ask for a outrageous sum, you deserve to be sacked when the midfield is in a dire state.

Last edited:

Irrational.

If Ole was a household pet, he'd be a goldfish. Safe, harmless, low maintenance. Doesn't do anything spectacularly. You know what he'll do, what he'll say pre and post-match. Everything he says is sterile and bland, just like our football. Nothing he ever utters is controversial or risqué. Keeps everyone on side: players, media, owners, fans. His in-game management is uninspiring, selections safe, substitutions predictable - if a little too late. The style of play like an untoasted white bread margarine sandwich. The same excuses are churned out after every disappointing result: injuries, the players are young, we were unlucky. He'll occasionally mention 'The United Way' to keep match-going fans onside. He's Woodward's and the Glazers' wet dream, which is why he'll be afforded more leeway than his predecessors, and only be sacked once the season is beyond repair.

UnRational

Using the word 'transition' as an excuse after we signed 3 new players makes me laugh. Atlectico signed 9 players in the summer, that's a transition.

+1

troylocker

That match we had 22-5 in shots and 71% posession, we missed a penalty, Lindelof/Maguire handed them their first and DDG fumbled in their winner. It was one of the biggest robberies this season and we did not lose that game because of lack of quality in the midfield. Bad example! Some continuety with Pogba/McTominay in the midfield would really make a difference in our results in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

The previous season's game against Palace, Lindelof lost quite a few headers against them and had trouble coping physically as well. It should have been enough to consider something different.

But Ole never watched that game. He actually came out and said so. And it seems the rest of coaching staff didn't much plan for it either. I raised an eyebrow when he said it but dismissed it. It's clear now, however. It stinks of someone who isn't well prepared. Because of a sense of entitlement that United's winning ways and a hearty go get em attitude are enough. Much like what's being said in the pressers.

mu4c_20le

Who are you talking to? Sounds like your issue is with the board.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
That match we had 22-5 in shots and 71% posession, we missed a penalty, Lindelof/Maguire handled them their first and DDG fumbled in their winner. It was one of the biggest robberies this season and we did not lose that game because of lack of quality in the midfield. Bad example! Some continuety with Pogba/McTominay in the midfield would really make a difference in our results in my opinion.
Do you apply the same logic to games we won that we should've lost?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That match we had 22-5 in shots and 71% posession, we missed a penalty, Lindelof/Maguire handled them their first and DDG fumbled in their winner. It was one of the biggest robberies this season and we did not lose that game because of lack of quality in the midfield. Bad example! Some continuety with Pogba/McTominay in the midfield would really make a difference in our results in my opinion.
We lost that game because one huge error was made in the DM position which cost us a goal from a player who should've been playing further forward.

Games are controlled not only with the ball but without the ball. United having a x amount of shots doesn't change the fact that Palace were comfortable for large periods of the game.

troylocker

Do you apply the same logic to games we won that we should've lost?
No.
I was simply reffering to the game @Adnan used as an example to show that our best midfield is just as bad as Fred/Pereira, when I think he is wrong. A little look behind the result should support that idea and that this result was not necessarily down to bad coaching. I can’t see that I have stated anything else. If luck or margins played in our favour, I would not be afraid to point that out either.

If you want to find negatives, you will allways find it. If you want to be that «the glass is half empty» guy, thats all on you, and I can’t help you. It must be comforting to know you’re not alone...

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If he did on all games, he would find we should have had a lot more points, based on chances created. Only one point behind Liverpool on the xPTS-table.
Can we stop with this xPTS bs it means nothing, it’s like the boxer who could have been great but ended up a drunk talking about how he could have been great...

Also in our case it’s misleading because all it shows is that our players TAKE A LOT OF SHOTS. Did you see the Ole coaching masterpiece “just fecking shoot” video from Molde maybe his taken that basic pub style approach to OT. Because having watched all our games we create very little genuine chances, even if after 90 minutes the stats show 14 shots.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No.
I was simply reffering to the game @Adnan used as an example to show that our best midfield is just as bad as Fred/Pereira, when I think he is wrong. A little look behind the result should support that idea and that this result was not necessarily down to bad coaching. I can’t see that I have stated anything else. If luck or margins played in our favour, I would not be afraid to point that out either.

If you want to find negatives, you will allways find it. If you want to be that «the glass is half empty» guy, thats all on you, and I can’t help you. It must be comforting to know you’re not alone...
Where did I say that our best midfield is just as bad as Fred and pereira? Lets not make stuff in the quest to defend the manager and his bad results.

TheGodsInRed

Who are you talking to? Sounds like your issue is with the board.
The fans on here using the word transition. It’s just an excuse.

Yes, I do have an issue with the board, the club is poorly run. It’s great that you back the manager and think he will turn it around and I hope you are right, but the board should not be making emotive decisions like giving Ole a 3 year contract when they previously said they will wait until the end of the season. You can be emotive, but they should not.

There is a reason non-united fans think we are crazy to pursue with Ole; they are detached and therefore can think more logically. It’s like that mate that sticks with his god awful girlfriend and can’t see that he would be happier in the long run with someone else.

mu4c_20le

The fans on here using the word transition. It’s just an excuse.

Yes, I do have an issue with the board, the club is poorly run. It’s great that you back the manager and think he will turn it around and I hope you are right, but the board should not be making emotive decisions like giving Ole a 3 year contract when they previously said they will wait until the end of the season. You can be emotive, but they should not.

There is a reason non-united fans think we are crazy to pursue with Ole; they are detached and therefore can think more logically. It’s like that mate that sticks with his god awful girlfriend and can’t see that he would be happier in the long run with someone else.
Well, I think it's mostly used to describe the polar opposite of doing a PSG or galactico era Real which is splashing out record fees in every position. We've been rebuilding for six years because our past three managers all had a different philosophy. The emergence of Rashford and signings like Martial could be counted as part of the rebuild. Personally I think Ole would be very lucky to still be here next summer, it really depends on how the rest of the season goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.