Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
The poll is a good survey on how many opposition fans that are visiting this forum.
Nah, I'm an oppo fan and voted sack.

He's an anomaly in the Prem and I personally want him gone, even if it means you doing better. He's a crap manager with a "Teflon '99" shield, sold many of your fans the "United Way" pipe dream. I'm always wary of people appealing to nostalgia and the golden days. They generally prove to be populists with little substance to back up their words.

Your club is very poorly run from the top to the bottom but no top player in their right mind would sign for you with him as manager. He'll get you limping to the top 6 this season considering how shite the other big teams are and that's about it. You're going nowhere (by your standards) with him at the wheel.

He'll never ever find a job again in the PL after he gets the boot. Never.

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

We never learn. We appointed small time manager in Moyes and we have one of the worst time in our history.

Then we improved under LVG and Jose albeit not great improvement.

But now we have Molde/Cardiff manager in charge and its no coincidence that we are worse than under Moyes.

Ed Logic.

R'hllor

Do people ignore and act like they dont understand the issues people having with current managment. You can be for Ole to stay and still have a go for that shit on the pitch, you know that right.

What the feck is all this " people think that new manager will do miracles with this shower of shit and turn us into PL/CL winner!? ", no, only crazy ones would think that, people believe that...actually never mind, discussion about it just pointless.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I struggle to fathom how anyone can look at this situation and go "Yep, it's the MANAGER that's the big problem here"

We've had 5 managers in 7 years. What is the common denominator here?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I struggle to fathom how anyone can look at this situation and go "Yep, it's the MANAGER that's the big problem here"

It's blatantly clear there are numerous issues, the manager is certainly one of them.

podurban2

The manager isn’t even close to our biggest concern. Anyone should be able to see that by now. I don’t think it matters if we hire Poch as long as something isn’t fundamentally changed within the club structure.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Anyone that wants to keep Ole now. Fans, past players, board are off their heads. How sht does a manager have to be before he is sacked. Blows my mind. Why keep him? Why? Because a new manager might not be able to do any better. Thats like going to the same restaurant over and over because what if you go to another and its worse. You are literally eating sht because you are too scared to change. Yes need a DOF, need new owners, sack Woody etc. But the fkn house is burning to the ground. Lets deal with the fire and worry about the structure and the rest of it tommorow.
To get rid of the owners. No other reason. People on here are too stupid to understand this it seems. Sacking Ole now gives Woody n Glazers another let off. It gives them another 2-3 years.

Glazers need to go. NOW!!!!

Enigma_87

You know who

Barcelona had 5 managers in 7 years since Pep left.
They had 7 managers in 8 years before hiring RIjkaard.

Since Del Bosque Real had 16 managers in 16 years.

Bayern had 9 managers in the last 10 years.

Chelsea had 10 managers in the last 10 years.

Juventus had 9 managers in the last 13 years.

Liverpool appointed 4 managers in 6 years since they sacked Benitez.

Shall I go on? Do you still live in the stone age?

EVERY top club often changes the manager when things aren't working and REMAINS a top club challenging for silverware year after year.

fergiesarmy1

To get rid of the owners. No other reason. People on here are too stupid to understand this it seems. Sacking Ole now gives Woody n Glazers another let off. It gives them another 2-3 years.

That’s my view also, they will get breathing space while everyone go through the 5 stages of grief again. I’ve accepted we are just crap :lol:

Judas

Open to offers

But you make it sound like they won't realise they need to bin him off to save themselves. They're not going to just carry on regardless with him and seeing the damage its doing, they want to protect themselves first, which means Ole will be sacked sooner rather than later.

The Bloody-Nine

No, it doesn't. Sacking Ole now proves to the owners that Ed is hopelessly incompetent with regard to all things football, and not fit for purpose. Another failure under his watch. Which is why I believe the reports above. Ed isn't going to sack Ole because it reflects horrendously on him. Prepare for more and more 'he needs time' bullshit while we slip further and further.

Enigma_87

You know who

I don't know if you are on a WUM or seriously thinking that keeping the dud manager will somehow overtake the Glazers from their own club. :lol: :lol:

Alabaster Codify7

Nah, I'm an oppo fan and voted sack.

He's an anomaly in the Prem and I personally want him gone, even if it means you doing better. He's a crap manager with a "Teflon '99" shield, sold many of your fans the "United Way" pipe dream. I'm always wary of people appealing to nostalgia and the golden days. They generally prove to be populists with little substance to back up their words.

Your club is very poorly run from the top to the bottom but no top player in their right mind would sign for you with him as manager. He'll get you limping to the top 6 this season considering how shite the other big teams are and that's about it. You're going nowhere (by your standards) with him at the wheel.

He'll never ever find a job again in the PL after he gets the boot. Never.

Premier League?

There's a reason this guy was fired for almost relegating Cardiff for a second straight season, in the Championship, and then has managed solely in Norway.

Ole will not find work in England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland. If he is offered work outside of Norway, Ole will be working in leagues like Serbia, Romania and Croatia at best.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

I agree they need to get as far away from the club as possible but they are the owners!
How do you get rid of them?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'm sick of this "it's not the manager that's the problem" straw man that keeps getting brought up by the Ole in crowd.

We all realize there are multiple problems at all levels of the club. We all realize that Woodward and the Glazers are bigger problems. That doesn't mean the manager isn't a problem. Ole still has to go.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we can persuade the manager we want to come now then let's sack Ole. Hopefully the good factor generated by a new manager coming + some superior coaching would shift things enough for us to take top 4. If not, then we should keep Ole till the end of the season. Irrespective of what happens we need a top football CEO, a top DOF and for god sake lets avoid hiring a caretaker manager.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I agree they need to get as far away from the club as possible but they are the owners!
How do you get rid of them?
By stopping buying tickets. I gave my ST up years ago. It can be done. People cant give tickets away these days. The empty gaps last night were a joke. Fans have already started to vote with their feet. This myth your ticket will be snapped up if you let it go is a myth. People don't want to go anymore.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm sick of this "it's not the manager that's the problem" straw man that keeps getting brought up by the Ole in crowd.

We all realize there are multiple problems at all levels of the club. We all realize that Woodward and the Glazers are bigger problems. That doesn't mean the manager isn't a problem. Ole still has to go.
Sacking Ole and getting a new manager just buys them more time. Yet again. And we'll still be in crisis 2 years from now. Nothing ever changes.

RedRover

I can't see how this can continue. It's a damning indictment on the club hierarchy.

The squad is weak, that's evident but tactically we're terrible and Ole has to take responsibility for that. Putting this in perspective, we've hired a manager who's done well in Norway and historically failed in the PL so this isn't a surprise. We wouldn't have hired a manager from Norway without "club legend" status.

The club made a mistake in giving him the job before the end of the season and before the "new manager" bounce subsided. Sticking with him just makes this worse - especially if he's bringing in players who a new manager down the line may not want.

Enigma_87

You know who
That’s my view also, they will get breathing space while everyone go through the 5 stages of grief again. I’ve accepted we are just crap :lol:
They were not given breathing space ever since Ed was appointed. Backing Ole is essentially backing the same regime. It's Ed that appointed him, sacking him will reflect worse on him compared to sacking Jose, Moyes and LvG, because Moyes was Fergie recommendation whilst the other two at least had some credentials.

This one screamed nepotism from the off and there was no base to appoint him apart from sheer stupidity and incompetence.

jderbyshire

It's blatantly clear there are numerous issues, the manager is certainly one of them.
Yes but I find it hard to believe that the "managerial issue" cannot be fairly assessed under these circumstances.

The club didn't back him in the Summer when it was clear the squad needed major upgrades. 3 signings is acceptable for a typical Summer but was nowhere near good enough when we had finished 6th and let several key players go.

The club didn't get a DoF in, when they said they would.

With this squad, and our (lack of) recruitment, how can you say that getting rid of the manager will help anything?

If Ole is sacked and say, Pochettino is brought in, the cycle contiues - Ole takes the fall, another manager comes in on the promise of a new direction and big transfer budget, only to be broken again.

Meanwhile Woodward is safe, makes sure our profits are up, gets patted on the head by the Glazers.

Oh and in 15 years, the club has spent $1.5b of its revenues paying back loans.

Changing the manager right now would be like redecorating a burning house.

Enigma_87

You know who
Sacking Ole and getting a new manager just buys them more time. Yet again. And we'll still be in crisis 2 years from now. Nothing ever changes.
You keep spouting these bollocks.

What changes with keeping Ole? He says in every interview that the fans shouldn't criticize the owners and they are fully backing him. Are you for real that deluded?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Chose replace him at the end of season, things could change... He's struggling right now though.

jderbyshire

Barcelona had 5 managers in 7 years since Pep left.
They had 7 managers in 8 years before hiring RIjkaard.

Since Del Bosque Real had 16 managers in 16 years.

Bayern had 9 managers in the last 10 years.

Chelsea had 10 managers in the last 10 years.

Juventus had 9 managers in the last 13 years.

Liverpool appointed 4 managers in 6 years since they sacked Benitez.

Shall I go on? Do you still live in the stone age?

EVERY top club often changes the manager when things aren't working and REMAINS a top club challenging for silverware year after year.
What's your point?

I didn't say that chopping and changing managers is a negative thing in and of itself.

I'm saying look at the COMMON DENOMINATOR, which is the recruitment/running of the club.

The Bloody-Nine

Yes but I find it hard to believe that the "managerial issue" cannot be fairly assessed under these circumstances.

The club didn't back him in the Summer when it was clear the squad needed major upgrades. 3 signings is acceptable for a typical Summer but was nowhere near good enough when we had finished 6th and let several key players go.

The club didn't get a DoF in, when they said they would.

With this squad, and our (lack of) recruitment, how can you say that getting rid of the manager will help anything?

If Ole is sacked and say, Pochettino is brought in, the cycle contiues - Ole takes the fall, another manager comes in on the promise of a new direction and big transfer budget, only to be broken again.

Meanwhile Woodward is safe, makes sure our profits are up, gets patted on the head by the Glazers.

Oh and in 15 years, the club has spent $1.5b of its revenues paying back loans.

Changing the manager right now would be like redecorating a burning house.
So stick with a guy who has no business being in the job, has given us our worst start to a season in 30 years, and has won less games than Burnley. Good plan.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Utd isn't entitled to win always and everything.
When Mourinho had us in 2nd, there was no support for him or the team. Just endless bitching.
So now we have Ole and a 3 year project....well, we're still in year 1.
Keep him. This is what the fans wanted. A nice guy who never said anything negative about anyone ever.
If we go somewhere in 3 years, that will be good. If we spend 3 years not doing much of anything, perhaps people will be a bit more appreciative the next time we win things and are in 2nd place.
What?
Keep him?
Its more than obvious that he doesn't have what it takes to manage a big club with big expectations.
Jose was supported by the fans even though the football wasn't exciting.
Nobody expects to win everything all the time but we are well entitled to expect much better than we are getting. Much better.
Herrera left & wasn't replaced.
Lukaku left & wasn't replaced.
80 mill. was wasted on a donkey.
Simply not good enough.
End of.

mu4c_20le

The club made a mistake in giving him the job before the end of the season and before the "new manager" bounce subsided. Sticking with him just makes this worse - especially if he's bringing in players who a new manager down the line may not want.
:lol: if only the club had that type of foresight and planning before we sacked LVG and mourinho

Enigma_87

You know who
What's your point?

I didn't say that chopping and changing managers is a negative thing in and of itself.

I'm saying look at the COMMON DENOMINATOR, which is the recruitment/running of the club.
The manager is big part of recruitment and running of the footballing side of the club. Or just because we hired a nobody who is a mouthpiece of the board and the CEO the position itself doesn't matter anymore?

Tell me a top club that would persist with Ole who won less games than Burnley since March. Just one.

Ludens the Red

Yeah and if it’s the case where people genuinely believe there is no chance of improvement under a new manager then why even bother signing players? Like why bother? Why bother giving Ole money to spend? Why bother strengthening the team if we’re destined for failure regardless due to our owners? Daft, straw man logic.

jderbyshire

It's about the blame/attention being taken away from the ownership yet again.

I'm not saying that Ole is the man for the job long term, but look what's happening at Old Trafford every game now - fans are pointing the finger of blame squarely at Glazers and Woodward who have come in and fecked our club up, and they are getting behind our manager, a man responsible for the single biggest moment in our club's history.

wolvored

We might as well not buy anyone in january let him stop till the end of the season and bring in a new manager in June. Let him bring his own coaches and back up staff as well. This back to the future bollocks ain't working at any level.

jderbyshire

The manager is big part of recruitment and running of the footballing side of the club. Or just because we hired a nobody who is a mouthpiece of the board and the CEO the position itself doesn't matter anymore?

Tell me a top club that would persist with Ole who won less games than Burnley since March. Just one.
A "top club" would actually address the issues in the squad. And then sack him if things were still not working.

EDIT: and this bolded part is nonsense. You say Ole is a big part of the running of the club, but then you also say he's a "mouthpiece of the board" - which is it? Does he have adequate power or not??

The Bloody-Nine

It's about the blame/attention being taken away from the ownership yet again.

I'm not saying that Ole is the man for the job long term, but look what's happening at Old Trafford every game now - fans are pointing the finger of blame squarely at Glazers and Woodward who have come in and fecked our club up, and they are getting behind our manager, a man responsible for the single biggest moment in our club's history.
And our worst season in 30 years. What Ole did as a player is completely irrelevant.

fergiesarmy1

They were not given breathing space ever since Ed was appointed. Backing Ole is essentially backing the same regime. It's Ed that appointed him, sacking him will reflect worse on him compared to sacking Jose, Moyes and LvG, because Moyes was Fergie recommendation whilst the other two at least had some credentials.

This one screamed nepotism from the off and there was no base to appoint him apart from sheer stupidity and incompetence.
I did think that this could be the straw that broke the camels back if Ed ended up pressing the button a while back but as more than half the clubs fans now seemingly want it also I doubt he will get that much blame now.

Enigma_87

You know who
A "top club" would actually address the issues in the squad. And then sack him if things were still not working.
They aren't working since March. 150m has been invested a lot of players have gone.

We've won less games than Burnley in PL since then.

I ask you again which top club will give a guy like Solskjaer more time?

Chillosophy

If we can persuade the manager we want to come now then let's sack Ole. Hopefully the good factor generated by a new manager coming + some superior coaching would shift things enough for us to take top 4. If not, then we should keep Ole till the end of the season. Irrespective of what happens we need a top football CEO, a top DOF and for god sake lets avoid hiring a caretaker manager.
One of few reasonable responses I've read for the last 5 pages!

tomaldinho1

Actually it's the contrary - having a manager who is clearly poor at his job helps them. Put it this way - if pressure gets to a point where they HAVE to act, Ole is lovely and ready made sacrificial lamb and they can rightly point his his horrendous record. What we need is a manager to come in who clearly gets this squad performing above it's level (which isn't actually that low) who can then put pressure on the board from a position of strength.

Ole is the perfect manager for Woodward - he tows the line, he is pretty passive/non controversial in pressers, he's got the emotional support of many fans still and he vastly overrates youth players meaning they didn't have to replace the senior players who left last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.