Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmat

I'm sure he told the board not to invest in new players.....

Ole said:
“I’ll always have the final say on transfers,” the manager said. “No one comes in the door without me saying yes. It has to be that way, even though signing players is a process involving other members of staff. I don’t really speak to agents, because I have nothing to do with the money side of it, but the final decision on who becomes a Manchester United player will be mine.”
Ole said:
For me, the most important thing is we get results sorted and get performances on the pitch.That's got to be my focus but I know we've got the resources and we've got the backing if we need to go into the transfer market.
Guess he did...

Enigma_87

You know who
yeah the board did not gut the midfield and start the season a striker short.

Lets talk money.
United have outspent every club out there since the summer barring Real Madrid. Or Ole needs 1bln to be invested in the squad to have a chance for top 4 finish?

How much did Sheffield spent to knock us off 5th?

Mainoldo

First time ever i am watching our games without being nervous or something like that. It is just a comedy now.
Same. Literally emotionless these days. I do laugh more though. But not really what I watch the games for... Kevin Hart should be providing me that.

BlueHaze

First time ever i am watching our games without being nervous or something like that. It is just a comedy now.
Same here. First season where that pre game adrenaline rush is completely gone for me. I feel nothing even when a game could be at an incredibly intense stage. I'm numb, don't give a shit about this current team/management. They're all bottlers.

John Blund

He has zero credentials to do a rebuild.
He is not improving anyone. Him overplaying our best player - Rashford - took him out probably for the season and could have damaged his career as a whole.
His recruitments - Maguire is gradually turning worse, James - same, AWB - same.

leaving the squad paper thin - again is due to his efforts in the Summer.

but yea let’s keep the nobody in the job because there is zero sense behind it.
I beg to differ. As far as I've read, Rashford got cleared for the game by our medical team, not by Ole. Hindsight, he should not have played that game. I doubt he would be left out of that Liverpool-game though. With the squad as thin as ours, and the backup players so poor, we all would have played Rashford either against Liverpool or against Burnley, risking another injury on Rashford.

Maguire has taken steps in the last few games. James is overplayed and reminds me of Bébé with his crossing. I don't believe Solskjaer's coaching has made him worse is just that limited.

Hopefully, we won't see Pereira the next game - with Matic and Fred back as CDM, and Fernandes as number 10. I don't care were Pereira plays, as long as it isn't in a United shirt.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Same. Literally emotionless these days. I do laugh more though. But not really what I watch the games for... Kevin Hart should be providing me that.
Same here. First season where that pre game adrenaline rush is completely gone for me. I feel nothing even when a game could be at an incredibly intense stage. I'm numb, don't give a shit about this current team/management. They're all bottlers.
Isn't it? Very strange feeling. I used to have some little jinx things what i did when game was in last minutes and we needed a goal ( or we needed to defend a lead). Now..nothing. I simply don't care anymore. I watch every game but with zero emotions. No yelling when we score or swearing when we concede. I should not admit this but i even laugh when we concede a goal.:wenger:

Awful times. When we were in the mess under Moyes or Lvg i watched games with high emotions but last month or two nothing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He has zero credentials to do a rebuild.
He is not improving anyone. Him overplaying our best player - Rashford - took him out probably for the season and could have damaged his career as a whole.
His recruitments - Maguire is gradually turning worse, James - same, AWB - same.

leaving the squad paper thin - again is due to his efforts in the Summer.

but yea let’s keep the nobody in the job because there is zero sense behind it.
He's not improved anyone and then immediately name checks the most obvious player who's improved under Ole :lol:

The argument that players are starting to look bad after a run of 18 games in around 6 weeks as a reason to bash those signings is also hysterically laughable

Ralph1386

Potch needs to come in, but Ole should be assistant IMO.... don't do what Moyes did and kick out the United guys.
I’m not sure he would accept going from manager to assistant, that would be humiliating. I think even Poch would want to bring in his own assistants anyway.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
1 win in the last 5 matches. Rebuild heh, what a joke.
keep in mind we are playing Chelsea, City Spurs and Everton away in the next 5 games. We can go 2 wins in 10 matches easily.
Surely not City away.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
1 win in the last 5 matches. Rebuild heh, what a joke.
keep in mind we are playing Chelsea, City Spurs and Everton away in the next 5 games. We can go 2 wins in 10 matches easily.
16.03. he is off. We will have 3 defeats in a row. Spurs and Everton away and City at home

el3mel

Don't his supporters get tired of saying the same excuses after every game?

el3mel

Isn't it? Very strange feeling. I used to have some little jinx things what i did when game was in last minutes and we needed a goal ( or we needed to defend a lead). Now..nothing. I simply don't care anymore. I watch every game but with zero emotions. No yelling when we score or swearing when we concede. I should not admit this but i even laugh when we concede a goal.:wenger:

Awful times. When we were in the mess under Moyes or Lvg i watched games with high emotions but last month or two nothing.
It's desperation. In Moyes season I was hopeful a good manager will come anyway. LvG in his first season I had hopes he will fix things as he was a good manager, second season it was hope that Mourinho is coming. Mourinho's first 2 seasons were full of hope, and when he left we had a pretty good new manager syndrome. Now I just watch every game with zero hope in anything. How can some thing the current team is exciting? This is by far the most depressing United I have seen.

Maybe if we start get linked to Poch as much as we were linked to Mourinho during LvG second season I might get excited again. However till that happens it is just depressing all around. I am happy a break of games is coming because I won't have to watch boring football and terrible results. That's how the current team has reached.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Never felt as deflated even with Moyes, LVG and the miserable one. I tried, really tried, to be optimistic and even put that we'd finish 4th on the season prediction list but alarms bell were ringing with the head in the sand mentality that was building around the place. It's like we swapped one extreme for another in swapping an ultra negative guy for someone who only ever considers the very best case scenario in his planning and just always talks about the future (which incidentally is what LVG used to talk about- for 'culture' and 'improving' read 'philosophy' and 'it's a process'). We've already done a rebuild under two much better managers and it didn't work, and there's no signs that this one will either.

When some fans were saying that we didn't need anyone because Chong, Gomes and Greenwood would all be promoted, when Ole said we wouldn't sign another striker because it would block Greenwood's progress (seriously, WTF?), when Woodward said it's very difficult to sign more than 3 players, you know something is wrong. The planning for this season has been an absolute wreck and I can't fathom how people are excusing it. Unless this season drastically improves then I'd like to see someone take ownership of this mess (not likely but hey)

NJM78

75 points from 46 league games. Liverpool currently have 73 from 25!

Since 8 game winning run we have amassed 51 points from 38 league games. 11th, 8th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 9th is the position we would have finished post SAF with that points total. The guy has been complete garbage and any other manager of a serious club would have been fired by now.

The club must act as soon as top 4 is not possible.

Dve

I see. You mean like when, on December 8th 2019, you predicted we’d be top four at the start of 2020? You know, when Pogba was injured but we still had Rashford, McT and Martial?

So what’s the excuse for not getting that top four position? You predicted it, and we didn’t have any injuries which you “possibly couldn’t predict”? You knew the exact squad we had. We weren’t even close. We were 5-6 points off top four in early 2020.

So if it wasn’t the players fault since you felt they could achieve top four, and it isn’t Ole’s fault either, then what’s the excuse now? Maybe it’s God conspiring against us. No other fathomable reason is there?
Shill out mate. I wasn´t talking about me, but that guy that got criticised for predicting top 4 at the start of the season. Are you really gonna yell at people for what they predicted 7 months ago? Those are predictions. So what were your prediction then? Not that I bother seeking through all your post to find out. That´s a litte bit sick.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Shill out mate. I wasn´t talking about me, but that guy that got criticised for predicting top 4 at the start of the season. Are you really gonna yell at people for what they predicted 7 months ago? Those are predictions. So what were your prediction then? Not that I bother seeking through all your post to find out. That´s a litte bit sick.
To be fair, those same people had no problem calling out anyone who thought the season would go poorly with Ole in charge and a thin squad.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
75 points from 46 league games. Liverpool currently have 73 from 25!

Since 8 game winning run we have amassed 51 points from 38 league games. 11th, 8th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 9th is the position we would have finished post SAF with that points total. The guy has been complete garbage and any other manager of a serious club would have been fired by now.

The club must act as soon as top 4 is not possible.
I wonder what he’s fans think of his agent and his supporting of a player that had several rape allegations against him and then shipping him off out of Norway to avoid charges, first to Russia and then to Saudi. Apparently it’s common Knowledge in Norway and there Ole isn’t viewed as quite the saint as he is here

Dve

To be fair, those same people had no problem calling out anyone who thought the season would go poorly with Ole in charge and a thin squad.
And I feel very sorry for them who unfairly were called out. I hope the scares will heal with time.

Enigma_87

You know who
He's not improved anyone and then immediately name checks the most obvious player who's improved under Ole :lol:

The argument that players are starting to look bad after a run of 18 games in around 6 weeks as a reason to bash those signings is also hysterically laughable
So James hasn't looked worse and worse since coming here?
Maguire came for a world record fee and one of the best defenders in the league, has he improved?
AWB after a bright start has looked worse and worse.

Have you seen Martial lately?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And I feel very sorry for them who unfairly were called out. I hope the scares will heal with time.
That was the worst time to be in minority on Caf. We (who knew that Ole is disaster for this club) needed to start every post with "I love Ole more than my child but...". If you have forgotten to write that you were fecked.

Eriku

Don't his supporters get tired of saying the same excuses after every game?
what about his detractors spouting the same shit week after week?

regardless of which side of the argument you are, I reckon we’re all fecking tired at this point.

Giggsyking

He amazes me every time he survives another week. Every person in the world would be so lucky to have his job security. Being so shit at your job yet your job is safe and the fans love you.

Apokalips

I find it hard to believe that the board don't care at all about on pitch success but it there was anything to make me feel that way then it's the fact Ole is still in charge. His tenure is unbecoming of a club of our stature and ambition.

Dve

That was the worst time to be in minority on Caf. We (who knew that Ole is disaster for this club) needed to start every post with "I love Ole more than my child but...". If you have forgotten to write that you were fecked.
Again, you have my deepest sympathy. No one should go through the horrible pain of being forced to say something.

Jezpeza

Serious question what do you expect him to say? No I'm not happy, the squad I've got is shit?
This! Its like he should Name and shame the shit ones then expect them to play for him because we cant get rid of 9 players and replace them in one window

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We all know he's going nowhere. I actually am really struggling to see how this comes to an end, for one reason - this feels like last chance saloon for Woodward. If he sacks Ole, he is admitting another mistake and that in turn will open up an unbelievable wrath from supporters. That will be really bad for business and is avoid at all costs for the Glazers and Woodward.

Woodward knows this, believe me. He knows he boxed himself into a corner now and what he will do is stick by this for a few years, talking about a rebuild etc. I can almost guarantee that Woodward will not sack Ole for at least 2 years. It was easier for him with other managers because it became popular consensus to sack the manager, that simply won't happen with Ole. Especially at the ground, where it feels like it'd be taboo to say Solskjaer should be sacked.

Appointing Ole was either a masterstroke or idiocy, because Woodward is going to have to stand by a failing project and watch the house burn around him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This! Its like he should Name and shame the shit ones then expect them to play for him because we cant get rid of 9 players and replace them in one window
Check out what Lampard said when Chelsea didn't sign anyone. Come back and tell me if he either said he was happy with the squad and is fine with it or he called out names of the Chelsea board

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We all know he's going nowhere. I actually am really struggling to see how this comes to an end, for one reason - this feels like last chance saloon for Woodward. If he sacks Ole, he is admitting another mistake and that in turn will open up an unbelievable wrath from supporters. That will be really bad for business and is avoid at all costs for the Glazers and Woodward.

Woodward knows this, believe me. He knows he boxed himself into a corner now and what he will do is stick by this for a few years, talking about a rebuild etc. I can almost guarantee that Woodward will not sack Ole for at least 2 years. It was easier for him with other managers because it became popular consensus to sack the manager, that simply won't happen with Ole. Especially at the ground, where it feels like it'd be taboo to say Solskjaer should be sacked.

Appointing Ole was either a masterstroke or idiocy, because Woodward is going to have to stand by a failing project and watch the house burn around him.
I'm not too sure. I could see this being the straw that breaks the camel's back. There's a shareholder's meeting soon, he'll have to pretend everything is super great, when we all know it's not. The sponsorship cash will be impacted by no CL, and of course the lack of CL money directly. If we go through another budget shopping this summer, that will surely also put more sponsors off, as social media will be going berserk.

I could see them both go, to be honest. Ole getting sacked in the summer and Woodward at least stepping down from his on-hands role with the football side of things.

A two-for-one deal could happen.

Seij

I don't think EW has any pressure on him whatsoever. Online forum/twitter criticisms of him will not make the rest of the board or the Glazers turn on him, and he certainly will never relieve himself as his ego will not let him. His way of responding to the criticisms has been to hire a PR guy, who probably hired some people to defend him in this forum.

The Glazers will sack him, Woodward won’t have any say in the matter.

Giggsyking

Serious question what do you expect him to say? No I'm not happy, the squad I've got is shit?
How about start doing his job and coach this team into playing some football instead of the shit show he produces every week. Would be even better if he stopped kissing Ed's and the Glazers A*s** on the media.

Jezpeza

Check out what Lampard said when Chelsea didn't sign anyone. Come back and tell me if he either said he was happy with the squad or he called out names of the Chelsea board
Different club. Plus he was stating the obvious, he hadn't just spent 150 million quid. Its a long term job to turn this club round, so unless the board are spending a billion quid in one transfer window theres no point criticising them anymore, and theres no point telling shit players they are shit when you need them to play some games

Status
Not open for further replies.