Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valuedrug

Still 30 percent who back him. Incredible. This manager cult amongst United fans is absurd.

Almost every professional football observer is puzzled that he is still in the job. Opposition fans are crowing day and night, and every game is testament to his lack of tactical or coaching ability. Not to mention his press conferences. It's almost a tie for me whats worse these days - his football or his personality. Take away the legend veneer, and it's just a baby faced David Moyes desperately trying to legitimize himself. Sometimes it almost sounds like he is trying to convince himself that he is making progress. If it wasn't so infuriating it would just be sad.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It's a bit weird he has not lost the players in the dressing room though given our poor results since last season. It's either due to him lowering standards for the players or him keeping the morale up. I think it's the former.

Pogba, Rashford, Mcctominay and De Gea are the only ones I can think of that have high standards in this team. De Gea has already spoken publicly about the team lacking serious quality. Pogba wants to leave. Rashford and McTominay always want to win whenever I see them. Asides from these players, 3 of which are injured and the fit one a goalkeeper, the rest of the team I would say lack ambition. AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, James, Lingard, Martial, Pereira, Fred. I've seen all these players and I don't think anyone of them are ambitious at all. They all seem like players that just suddenly found themselves in the biggest club in the world.

Compare Haaland's ambitious nature to that of Martial. Compare Brunos ambitious nature to that of Lingard or Pereira. Our players are not ambitious enough and they don't have high standards. One thing is for sure. It certainly doesn't help building ambition when their coach equally lacks ambition. What do you expect Martial who is meant to provide goals to think when his coach tells the world how Wolves are a very tough side to break and he is happy with the boys.

Paul_Scholes18

It's a bit weird he has not lost the players in the dressing room though given our poor results since last season. It's either due to him lowering standards for the players or him keeping the morale up. I think it's the former.

Pogba, Rashford, Mcctominay and De Gea are the only ones I can think of that have high standards in this team. De Gea has already spoken publicly about the team lacking serious quality. Pogba wants to leave. Rashford and McTominay always want to win whenever I see them. Asides from these players, 3 of which are injured and the fit one a goalkeeper, the rest of the team I would say lack ambition. AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, James, Lingard, Martial, Pereira, Fred. I've seen all these players and I don't think anyone of them are ambitious at all. They all seem like players that just suddenly found themselves in the biggest club in the world.

Compare Haaland's ambitious nature to that of Martial. Compare Brunos ambitious nature to that of Lingard or Pereira. Our players are not ambitious enough and they don't have high standards. One thing is for sure. It certainly doesn't help building ambition when their coach equally lacks ambition. What do you expect Martial who is meant to provide goals to think when his coach tells the world how Wolves are a very tough side to break and he is happy with the boys.
I think our players has been pretty kind for the managers a long time. LVG lost some players, but far from the majority.
Mourinho lost them near the end, but it took a lot from him.
Even Moyes had them fighting for him. Although not a happy gang apart from Rooney who got that fat contract.

Giggsyking

Paul Ince slamming Ole and match going fans, he said I thought the fans would be angry after the Burnley loss, instead they were waving to Ole. Even Rio couldnt hide his bad feelings about the situation now.

Greck

It's funny that if any manager had the record Ole had the narrative would say the players no longer play for the manager. In a sense the effort Ole can squeeze out of a motivated team is worse than or equal to what a good manager can get from a demotivated dressing room.

Liverpool missed out CL in Klopps first season when he was laying foundations.
Another one of these nutters? Another for the ignore list as promised.

No mate, Klopp took over mid-season with his side in 10th mate, you know it, I know, we all know it.

Klopp improved his teams results and their league position in that first part season & by game 25 of his first full season he'd won 56% of his Premier League games, Ole has won 36%.

Stop comparing Ole to Klopp you absolute lunatics.

dove

No mate, Klopp took over mid-season with his side in 12th mate, you know it, I know, we all know it.

Klopp improved his teams results and their league position in that first part season & by game 25 of his first full season he'd won 56% of his games, Ole has won 36%.

It's a cult. I remember the backlash I got from calling Ole's supporters as "cultists" but it's true. They just can't see straight it's crazy :lol:

Alabaster Codify7

Paul Ince slamming Ole and match going fans, he said I thought the fans would be angry after the Burnley loss, instead they were waving to Ole. Even Rio couldnt hide his bad feelings about the situation now.
Ince and Ferdinand both played under a ruthless, born winner who would not settle for anything less than success and 110% performance from even his worse players. It must be bonkers for them to sit on the sidelines and watch the type of players and performances that are being applauded by our smiling, vacant manager in 2020. If you asked either of them in private, away from the cameras, they would rather die than be a part of this club nowadays. It is gone, plain and simple. A park bench is being built where a Colosseum once stood.

Eplel

Until Gomes or Chong sign a contract I would rather play Phil Jones on the wing. They have been given chances but didn’t take them, unlike Greenwood and Williams.
Some of them kids need to come back down to earth and step it up. You know when Juventus pull out of a deal for your wage demands there is some attitude adjustment needed and some perspective to your football career.

Edit: Just for your response Foxbat. WOOSH :lol:
Your point only applies to Chong, and I never mentioned him. Why not Garner in your opinion?

90 + 5min

It's a cult. I remember the backlash I got from calling Ole's supporters as "cultists" but it's true. They just can't see straight it's crazy :lol:
We don't look straight. We look with a 180 degrees, going forward. People who are looking straight can't see anything else but something they think it is right. They don't see why, when, how and all those questions. Like blinders for horses. But keep on hating and claping eachother on the back. Keep on calling our players, managers, owners and others in ManUtd for all kind of bad words. Hate will never win.

Paul_Scholes18

We don't look straight. We look with a 180 degrees, going forward. People who are looking straight can't see anything else but something they think it is right. They don't see why, when, how and all those questions. Like blinders for horses. But keep on hating and claping eachother on the back. Keep on calling our players, managers, owners and others in ManUtd for all kind of bad words. Hate will never win.
Things could change and managers could change. Although what evidence do we have for it with Ole. He started well and it has then got worse and worse with times.
If people think just big players would change things then I wonder how he should be able to attract them without spending big?
Also a bigger name as a manager might be able to attract better players than him anyway.

90 + 5min

Things could change and managers could change. Although what evidence do we have for it with Ole. He started well and it has then got worse and worse with times.
If people think just big players would change things then I wonder how he should be able to attract them without spending big?
Also a bigger name as a manager might be able to attract better players than him anyway.
I have no problem having him sacked for his results if we take away everything around that. What I do have problem is with people saying it is his fault. Look, our squad was thin as papper from begining. We got injuries on our important players and it is normal our results and gameplan were affected by that. If this seasons results came after full squad with good players and without rebuilding process I would be on sacking side but we knew what this season would be all about. Let him have summer and let see in the christmas where we stand and if we have moved forward. Then we can say he got chance to fix our problems. We have to remember that we had top class coaches and still looked far from top. Sometimes you got to take one step back to go two steps forward.

Robbie Boy

Wait what? Mental gymnastics again. Last time I checked it was the 'in brigade' slagging off everyone bar their beloved manager. Apparently Ed is the absolute worst and our players are all shit. I'm seriously getting confused by these mental gymnastics, it's hard to keep up with the lies and propaganda.

Tell you what, send me a copy of the 'Ole In Standard Operaring Procedures' manual so I can keep up. Is spouting lies and propaganda in subsection 8 of section 4A of the Act? I get confused, sorry.

Giggsyking

relegation form as usual. His level. This is his real level. That is why he smiles and are happy to be there. It is normal to him.

Last edited:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Muppetry is a dictionary definition of when you pretend that a January position right above the relegation zone, one point above it, is any different than the relegation zone itself. That one point makes zero practical difference! It's the same thing and anybody who has eyes can see it.

I didn't follow fecking Cardiff years ago (still don't) so I didn't know they did clean-up both in the winter and also in the summer, I thought you meant the summer one. Congratulations - you got me! But if you think replacing 7 players in a winter window is somehow a good thing and helps stabilize a team - then you really need to check your own muppetry.

Bottomline, my main point was that Cardiff was a shambles of a team and the relegation wasn't just on Ole. None of what you said disproves that. If you have to change 7 players in a winter window you are shit and it is not going to help short-term because nobody can build a team that quickly. Ironically, even their owner understood that since they did not fire Ole after relegation. They fired him in September, when they had to do another, summer clean-out, and "shockingly" didn't start the season well, so they panicked.

Anyway, you have an agenda to call Ole idiot and are just collecting evidence for it. I have no interest being any part of it so - good luck, and - ignored, from now on.
You say you didn’t follow Cardiff back then and still don’t. Yet claim to be an expert about the state of their club and the ins and outs of the reason for their signings. Despite it already being proven that you didn’t have a clue about Ole spending millions in the winter window and still getting relegated.. first your said Ole didn’t sign players in the winter window and that’s why he got Cardiff relegated then when you found out he did sign players you changed it to signings players is the reason he got relegated?

I don’t have an agenda, If someone sells pee as champagne I’ll call it for what it is. The one with an agenda is clearly you.

the chameleon

I have no problem having him sacked for his results if we take away everything around that. What I do have problem is with people saying it is his fault. Look, our squad was thin as papper from begining. We got injuries on our important players and it is normal our results and gameplan were affected by that. If this seasons results came after full squad with good players and without rebuilding process I would be on sacking side but we knew what this season would be all about. Let him have summer and let see in the christmas where we stand and if we have moved forward. Then we can say he got chance to fix our problems. We have to remember that we had top class coaches and still looked far from top. Sometimes you got to take one step back to go two steps forward.
No way. If you look at my posts, I was initially about giving him a chance a little longer. I was then about give it till end of season then replace him. Now I am in the sack him now club.

Yes, the overall root of the problem are Woodward and Glazers. But, he is becoming a massive micro problem the way he is negligently managing us.

You mention the injuries. But it's him that has caused this crisis. If he had rested players, used his substitutions earlier. For example, in the last game he bought on 2 players on the 87th minute. Of course players will fatigue. I still hold him responsible for the Rashford injury. It was beyond amateur the way he dealt with that. This may impact Rashford for years.

Yes, injuries happen. But he hasn't helped. Now we are stuck with a razor thin squad. I would get him fired before it's too late.

reddevil702

Just seen on twitter he's got a worse win % than Gary had at Valencia. How is this man still the manager?

Uniteddy

We’re 6 points off 4th and 5 points away from 14th. When you have to resort to lies to defend a manager
I was sarcastically referring to 2020 table. Ole just needs time, we'll win the Championship in 2022 :)

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I was sarcastically referring to 2020 table. Ole just needs time, we'll win the Championship in 2022 :)
Haha wondered if that was the case. But the ole in have become so deluded that it’s become hard to different the satire about them vs their actual posts.

Merlin 1975-78

What is it then? What is it that Solskjaer has that a better manager can't do just because he played for us
Sadly I reckon that due too the debt that has resulted-in our manager's shopping@ the footballing Euivalant's of Liddle's, we are going to struggle, & any new Manager would come up against the same frustration's whilst working under the Glazers/Parasites so may aswell keep.Ole of whom has shown us the type of players he is trying to bring to, Old Trafford & he wouldn't be afraid too ask for a bit of advice from, Sir Alex if he needs too.

Paul_Scholes18

Others should be blamed too, but he is not without blame for the state of our squad. He let players go and didn't replace them and didn't sign the right players for our needs. The coaching has not improved our performances as a team under him. If you got worse players you need to find ways to get wins with that and improve them as a unit.
Doesn't feel like he can deal with the pressure. It is a big and hard job. Moyes totally imploded under the pressure and Ole is doing the same.

He might have some ideas that are good in his head, but if he can't get the players to execute those ideas well it doesn't matter.
It might not all be his fault, but he is the manager and if the coaches are doing a poor job he is to be blamed too.
For the fitness coaches and so on it might be harder to know. I doubt Ole got any medical knowledge to be able to judge them.
Although Ed and the club should analyse these things given that we always tends to get more injuries than our rivals.

I Am Zlatan

How about we sack him, and hire a new manager (who is better in general) and maybe win something here and there worst case scenario, if the new manager fails, it would highlight the incompetence of Ed and the board even further, than might as well stick with Ole, and stay below average?

By the way not trying to single you out, I just read that a lot here.

dove

relegation form as usual. His level. This is his real level. That is why he smiles and are happy to be there. It is normal to him.
Ole: we have won once a month. If you go only a month between every time you win, it’s not bad for a team that’s developing. Boys are playing really well.

Popcorn

Not sure I get the “getting rid of deadwood “ argument either. Did we not resign half of it in Jones, Lingard and Rojo? Maybe they didn’t, maybe there are others, but why are they still here?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
If I were Woodward, I would look at the rest of this season as though Ole is still caretaker.

He's laid the groundwork excellently for a successful season next year and possibly for a few seasons afterwards. But I don't think he's the right person to take advantage of that fully.

He has thinned out a bloated and overpaid squad
He's reduced the average age of the squad dramatically
He's coaxed great football out of Fred
He's overseen the emergence of McT as a proper class footballer with bags of potential still
He's overseen Rashford's break out season
He's brought through some very talented youngsters and integrated them into the first team very well

His squad management has been good, unfortunately his game management has been very erratic, some very unfortunate injuries, with Pogba, Rashford and McT in the team I think you'd be a good 6 points better off, but injuries happen to everyone and this season United haven't been able to cope with them. I think people will look back at Ole's tenure and see that he laid the foundations for success, but wasn't able to take advantage of that.

That's why my vote is keep until the end of the season and then replace.

Amerifan

If I were Woodward, I would look at the rest of this season as though Ole is still caretaker.

He's laid the groundwork excellently for a successful season next year and possibly for a few seasons afterwards. But I don't think he's the right person to take advantage of that fully.

He has thinned out a bloated and overpaid squad
He's reduced the average age of the squad dramatically
He's coaxed great football out of Fred
He's overseen the emergence of McT as a proper class footballer with bags of potential still
He's overseen Rashford's break out season
He's brought through some very talented youngsters and integrated them into the first team very well

His squad management has been good, unfortunately his game management has been very erratic, some very unfortunate injuries, with Pogba, Rashford and McT in the team I think you'd be a good 6 points better off, but injuries happen to everyone and this season United haven't been able to cope with them. I think people will look back at Ole's tenure and see that he laid the foundations for success, but wasn't able to take advantage of that.

That's why my vote is keep until the end of the season and then replace.
I think this has been the plan all along. Ole was given the full time job until he either demonstrates CL level management, or a first rate manager comes available. In the meantime, his job is to act like a DOF and build a coherent squad (youth, speed, loyalty) for either himself the next guy. Now that Poch is free in the summer my guess is Ole has until then to make his case.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

No mate, Klopp took over mid-season with his side in 10th mate, you know it, I know, we all know it.

Klopp improved his teams results and their league position in that first part season & by game 25 of his first full season he'd won 56% of his Premier League games, Ole has won 36%.

Calm down Regulus. There is no point. Also you know the composition of these 28 percent. So why get involved?

Son

Sadly I reckon that due too the debt that has resulted-in our manager's shopping@ the footballing Euivalant's of Liddle's, we are going to struggle, & any new Manager would come up against the same frustration's whilst working under the Glazers/Parasites so may aswell keep.Ole of whom has shown us the type of players he is trying to bring to, Old Trafford & he wouldn't be afraid too ask for a bit of advice from, Sir Alex if he needs too.
He’s spent around £200 million over 2 windows... Apart from Real Madrid how many other clubs have spent that in the same time frame?

Granted we didn’t spend enough the summer before but after the stupidity of the Sanchez deal and Brexit etc we were hardly going to dine out on caviar every window until the financial picture cleared slightly. Our wage structure didn’t help us either.

He’s had enough money and he’s done OK with the poor squad at times in tough circumstances. He needs to go at the end of the season however.

Still love the bloke but fresh ideas and fresh coaches is what I’m personally looking forward to next season.

Maybe Ole is a victim of circumstance but our club is too big to dwell on those factors.

Champagne Football

There's not a manager on earth that could get results with the current squad that is minus our only decent players Rashford and Pogba.
Bruno will take time to settle. Scott McT was very important in terms of leadership on the pitch before his injury.

Not making excuses, but a full culture reboot was needed. Maybe Ole will not be around to finish the rebuild but at least he leaves a team of young hungry players for the next guy to improve on, and not a pile of ageing fat cat mercenaries who are only here for the money, like Jose left us saddled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.