Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

Re deadwood, I was referring to the club in general taking years to clear out the rubbish, because of the stupid contracts Ed Gave them!

I used Potch as an example because he is currently available, could be any big club experienced manager tbh

Ole, whether he brings in players or not, tactically is still lacking experience, that is sadly what will let him down and eventually move on, as United need to be challenging next season and playing Champs League every year, after this long period of inconsistency.

It's difficult as I want Ole to do well, but how long do we give him?
We give him a chance to get right players in. Add grealish and Sancho for instance and we'd destroy teams. He's still fixing the mess he inherited at present.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
A midfield of McT/Fred/Bruno would be pretty solid.
It will allow Bruno to play as No. 10 with McT and Fred holding the midfield.
I would consider Pogba done.

Up front we have the options from Martial/James/Ighalo/Greenwood/Mata
Agree on all fronts.

It is very strange that Ole has not been giving Greenwood any time. And that is when Rashford is out, so you would expect us wanting to use our talented young forward even more than when we had Rashford available... Something smells fishy.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Agree on all fronts.

It is very strange that Ole has not been giving Greenwood any time. And that is when Rashford is out, so you would expect us wanting to use our talented young forward even more than when we had Rashford available... Something smells fishy.
Greenwood is only 18.
Great option to come on. Ole has to be concerned about burn out.
Why we got Ighalo.
Hopefully Rashford comes back before season end.
England needs him too. ;)

UDontMessWith24

Two wins away at City. Two wins away at Chelsea. Only team to take points off Liverpool. Beaten Spurs. Beaten Leicester.

Only had a full strength team in two games all season.

I accept people’s opinions who don’t think he’ll be successful here and want him gone. Having everyone currently at the club fit to work with, however, and bringing in another two or three top quality players and you’re judging something else entirely.

Certainly if you’re an optimist or have some sympathy with the squad difficulties there are a few reasons to hold out some hope.
Yet the reason the players are unmotivated on a regular basis when the fixture doesn't speak for itself remains a "mystery". If he was capable of keeping the squad motivated on a slightly consistent basis we'd be in control of 4th place, but when the fixture doesn't speak for itself, it's a crap shoot on whether the players bother to turn up. This is the most basic of his job requirements.

UDontMessWith24

Greenwood is only 18.
Why we got Ighalo.
His seat was getting a little hot and he wanted someone with a little more experience instead of his job hinging on a kid. This is absolutely not a knock on the player himself btw.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Greenwood is only 18.
Why we got Ighalo.
Yeah, I get that. But Ole was giving Greenwood chances all the time (in moderation) even when Rashford was fit. And then suddenly, last several matches - zero minutes. The sudden contrast is just really strange

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Big result for Ole tonight...

He's got an uncanny habit of getting a result right when he needs one hasn't he?

And this 'board' so reactionary I think it's perfectly possible they'll end up with him still at the helm next season.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Missed the match as working. Watched some highlights and was good to see some passing through the lines in midfield and you have to say team morale is pretty on point. Great result tonight. It will take a hell of a lot to convince me that Ole’s fit for the job long term as our points tally is shocking, he’s made catastrophic and ill thought out decisions and you’re not gonna get anywhere with a plucky underdog counterattacking style in the long run. But from the highlights I saw there was some good signs for sure. Would love to see a motivated pogba playing with Bruno in midfield. Don’t really wanna hear about how ole is now the bestest manager ever now though, start with that when we are comfortably in cl places and I’ll listen.

Alek M

Da manic one
Ole has been rebuilding this team, brick by brick. Every player bought has improved our team. RB, Cb, AM sorted.

what is shocking is that we only were able to get Ighalo as a replacement in January,knowing that Rashford may be months if/when he returns from a serious injury. We needed a solid Cavani/Mandzukic proven strikers this January.

a nice RW would give us some depth and open the space. somebody like Traore.

Martial needs to be sold and another Striker needs to be brought in (Timo Werner).

this will give Ole the opportunity to see what kind of a manager he is.

Caesar2290

Ole has been rebuilding this team, brick by brick. Every player bought has improved our team. RB, Cb, AM sorted.

what is shocking is that we only were able to get Ighalo as a replacement in January,knowing that Rashford may be months if/when he returns from a serious injury. We needed a solid Cavani/Mandzukic proven strikers this January.

Martial needs to be sold and another Striker needs to be brought in (Timo Werner).

Mate, Ole isn't managing some Sheffield United who recently got promoted. He's been our manager for more than 1 year. You can blame it on a ton of factors, but at the end of the day he is the one making footballing decisions. Who to buy, who to sell, who to keep, who to play and who to rest.

Our squad as imbalanced as it is, should be more than good enough to finish Top4 this season. The only reason we are still in the running is because everyone chose to implode at the same time: Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham even Everton to a certain extent. In a way it is similar to Leicester's title win, because all of the competition decided to become wank at the same time. A good manager would have us battling Leicester and City for 2nd.

If he needs 200 million just for us to be a stable Top4 side might as well sack him tomorrow and bring in the best checkbook manager out there in Pep.

Now don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the beating of all the "giants" and some of the players have improved under Ole. But at the same time I can't help but wonder, how much of that is simply due to the fact that he simply plays them in their preffered position for 4-5 games in row.

My biggest gripe with Mou aside from his defense first approach was the fact that he would chop and change the starting 11 all the time. Rashford, Fred and Martial were the biggest victims because of this. Coincidentaly, these were the players that improved the most under Ole. But credit is where credit is due.

And you can't be serious if you think Werner or Sancho will join us, when the likes of Liverpool are interested.

Alek M

Da manic one
Mate, Ole isn't managing some Sheffield United who recently got promoted. He's been our manager for more than 1 year. You can blame it on a ton of factors, but at the end of the day he is the one making footballing decisions. Who to buy, who to sell, who to keep, who to play and who to rest.

Our squad as imbalanced as it is, should be more than good enough to finish Top4 this season. The only reason we are still in the running is because everyone chose to implode at the same time: Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham even Everton to a certain extent. In a way it is similar to Leicester's title win, because all of the competition decided to become wank at the same time. A good manager would have us battling Leicester and City for 2nd.

If he needs 200 million just for us to be a stable Top4 side might as well sack him tomorrow and bring in the best checkbook manager out there in Pep.

Now don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the beating of all the "giants" and some of the players have improved under Ole. But at the same time I can't help but wonder, how much of that is simply due to the fact that he simply plays them in their preffered position for 4-5 games in row.

My biggest gripe with Mou aside from his defense first approach was the fact that he would chop and change the starting 11 all the time. Rashford, Fred and Martial were the biggest victims because of this. Coincidentaly, these were the players that improved the most under Ole. But credit is where credit is due.

And you can't be serious if you think Werner or Sancho will join us, when the likes of Liverpool are interested.
Cmon Mate. Its not that simple. Ole wanted Bruno in the summer, Ed didn’t want to spend the money. Pogba has fecked off and now Ed is forced to buy Bruno. So Ole doesn’t have the ultimate say who we buy. But all the players he has bought have been spot on.

How about the fact that Fred, who Mourino taunte,has been a fantastic player for us? Or the rise of McT as one of the best cdms?

Ole has sorted our defense, for the most part, and midfield is shaping up. But up front we only have one Striker at Rashford. If we can get two wide players on each side, we can really compete. That has been our struggle this season. We miss the creativity from Pogba but we signed Bruno who can help link up. But we need more attacking power, which is not much he can do.

There is some blame for Ole who probably thought Greenwood will step up more, but he is still a kid.

ButOle has done all the right steps to rebuild this team with quality players.

Chicharo

I remember the days when there was a poll about Ole becoming permanent manager and how quickly many of you changed your votes after the winning streak. Then the rainy days came, and again majority of people don't believe in him.
Give the man some break, if we win the CL spot. People are rooting for Poch who has never won anything in his life with better side than we have now (especially with all the injuries and our lack of ability to attract players to join us)
CL spot, another transfer window, and let's see where it gets us.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

Yes so that he can one day graduate from the Manchester United Coaching University.

Dr. StrangeHate

To those who've made up your mind.

Why not give him a chance? Bruno looks a huge upgrade on Pereira and should help our creativity a lot.

Why are you so sure we won't improve as the midfield gets better? Do you honestly think we won't break teams down if we have say Bruno, Grealish, Rashford and maybe Sancho in the team next season?

We're already doing the harder task of beating the good sides. Ole gets his tactics right every time in these games. Why do you want to hire a manager who can't do that?

And why do you think SAFs head coach can't train players? Because they couldn't turn Andreas into Bruno. All managers need to sign players to improve teams. Poch, Klopp, Pep anyone. Its one of the biggest parts of the job and Ole has got 4 signings out of 4 right. It bodes really well for the future that he can do that.

I don't understand you people.
For me it's simple, counterattacking football has won one PL in the last decade and rarely wins the CL. If Ole gets 25 players of his choosing and implements his counterattacking style to its fullest potential we still won't win much. I want the club to shift to a modern possession based style and Ole is not going to do that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It was a great result for morale and sometimes you need luck, something Ole had in bucket loads at Stamford bridge. However you do notice we're still at 7th place don't we? Surely that's not good enough.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I remember the days when there was a poll about Ole becoming permanent manager and how quickly many of you changed your votes after the winning streak. Then the rainy days came, and again majority of people don't believe in him.
Give the man some break, if we win the CL spot. People are rooting for Poch who has never won anything in his life with better side than we have now (especially with all the injuries and our lack of ability to attract players to join us)
CL spot, another transfer window, and let's see where it gets us.
Poch's CV is brilliant compared to that of Ole. The guy tanked at every club that wasn't amateur level.

TRUERED89

Martial needs to be sold ? Atleast wait for a game he didn’t score in. Brilliant header!

SteveW

For me it's simple, counterattacking football has won one PL in the last decade and rarely wins the CL. If Ole gets 25 players of his choosing and implements his counterattacking style to its fullest potential we still won't win much. I want the club to shift to a modern possession based style and Ole is not going to do that.
I don't think he wants to play that way every week at all. In fact you literally can't do it against most of the teams we face. He's making use of what he has and trying to sign players like Bruno to give us more options.

Edit: What would you describe Liverpool's style as? They pretty much bypass midfield.

OrcaFat

Name me an attacking coach we have hired?
I’m saying we should hire attacking managers not we have hired them. We should hire the most attacking coach whoever that may be. If we’re going to sack Ole that is.

Mainoldo

Cmon Mate. Its not that simple. Ole wanted Bruno in the summer, Ed didn’t want to spend the money. Pogba has fecked off and now Ed is forced to buy Bruno. So Ole doesn’t have the ultimate say who we buy. But all the players he has bought have been spot on.

How about the fact that Fred, who Mourino taunte,has been a fantastic player for us? Or the rise of McT as one of the best cdms?

Ole has sorted our defense, for the most part, and midfield is shaping up. But up front we only have one Striker at Rashford. If we can get two wide players on each side, we can really compete. That has been our struggle this season. We miss the creativity from Pogba but we signed Bruno who can help link up. But we need more attacking power, which is not much he can do.

There is some blame for Ole who probably thought Greenwood will step up more, but he is still a kid.

ButOle has done all the right steps to rebuild this team with quality players.
Martial has more goals from open play than Rashford though and is a better striker. The fact you seem to think reinvestment is the problem says it all.

It’s funny though because the only reason we beat Chelsea was because of our reinvestment. Maybe when we get Neymar, Mbappe and VVD we will win the league.

Mainoldo

I’m saying we should hire attacking managers not we have hired them. We should hire the most attacking coach whoever that may be. If we’re going to sack Ole that is.
We should definitely do that. But even if we hired Allegri or the Wolves coach for example we would be under better management.

dirkey

18/02/19 - Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2 - FA Cup
30/10/19 - Chelsea 1 Manchester United 2 - League Cup
17/02/20 - Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2 - Premier League

Shocking sequence of results against our Fulham Broadway bitches, Ole out!!
I know. I was pulled up earlier in the thread for calling out someone who called it a "historically tough trip to the Bridge", or something along those lines.

Chelsea just really aren't very good, to be honest.

dirkey

Martial needs to be sold ? Atleast wait for a game he didn’t score in. Brilliant header!
It was a brilliant header, but he was dismal up to that point. I mean, infuriatingly dismal. Standing around as usual - so many times I saw Bruno in particular look up and he's met with Martial blinking back at him.

He improved after the goal in fairness. He's a very frustrating player. I just don't think he'll ever quite scale the heights that his ability suggests he should. Hope I'm wrong.

OrcaFat

Ole is building a team. We just need to back him properly.
I agree. But if we are going to sack Ole I fully refute the idea that there is someone else who would be doing exactly what he’s doing but getting far better performances.

We either stick with Ole or go for an entirely different policy: Roll the dice every year until the stars align. It sounds moronic but it’s not nearly as dumb as hiring Poch or Allegri on 4-year contracts and yet expecting magic overnight.

SinSeven

Man, we have 38! points and are 38!! points behind first place. This is totally unaccaptable and way behind our (low) standards. Ole improved nothing!

dirkey

2 goals rightly ruled out is a bucket load of luck? We could have had Paddy Roche in goal last night!
Luck that Frank went with Batshuayi. Christ above is he hopeless!

He did have lots of luck to be fair. The result could have gone the other way pretty easily. We got both goals at just the right time. They missed some good chances, probably had more decent chances than we did.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I know. I was pulled up earlier in the thread for calling out someone who called it a "historically tough trip to the Bridge", or something along those lines.

Chelsea just really aren't very good, to be honest.
Come again.

Since 98 @ Stamford Bridge:

0-0
5-0
1-1
0-3
2-2
1-0
1-0
3-0
0-0
2-1
1-1
1-0
2-1
3-3
2-3
3-1
1-0
1-1
4-0
1-0
2-2
0-2

Yesterday was only the 3rd time we've won @ Chelsea in the last 22 League visits, which suggests it's historically tough

dirkey

Come again.

Since 98 @ Stamford Bridge:

0-0
5-0
1-1
0-3
2-2
1-0
1-0
3-0
0-0
2-1
1-1
1-0
2-1
3-3
2-3
3-1
1-0
1-1
4-0
1-0
2-2
0-2

Yesterday was only the 3rd time we've won @ Chelsea in the last 22 League visits, which suggests it's historically tough
I don't agree. It's a completely different manager, different players. So, we're equating history as being the last 22 league visits? Why the arbitrary number?

I look at it as cycles. Jose, Conte, Hiddink - whoever was managing them.

Under Frank, Chelsea are 12th in the Home league table. They've played 13 games and scored 16 goals. That's pitiful. They've now lost as many games as they've won.

I'm sorry, but perhaps recently it has been a tough place to go. It's not anymore, not this season anyway. Maybe he'll sort it out next year, but this year it's a relatively easy place to go.

Class of 63

Sourness
I don't agree. It's a completely different manager, different players. So, we're equating history as being the last 22 league visits? Why the arbitrary number?

I look at it as cycles. Jose, Conte, Hiddink - whoever was managing them.

Under Frank, Chelsea are 12th in the Home league table. They've played 13 games and scored 16 goals. That's pitiful. They've now lost as many games as they've won.

I'm sorry, but perhaps recently it has been a tough place to go. It's not anymore, not this season anyway. Maybe he'll sort it out next year, but this year it's a relatively easy place to go.

I went back as far as the 98/99 season when we won the Treble, so it's Two decades, hardly just recently.

dirkey

I went back as far as the 98/99 season when we won the Treble, so it's Two decades, hardly just recently.
Exactly. So I don't think you can say this Chelsea team is anything remotely resembling Chelsea of even ... 3 years ago, let alone 99. So it's not the same era, in my book.

The last time they lost 5 games at home was 2015/16, when they finished with only 24 home points.

16/17: 2 losses
17/18: 4 losses
18/19: 1 loss

So, this year they've already lost as many as the last 2 years combined. It's hardly historically the toughest time to go there. So, 14/15 they had zero home losses. This season is historically toughest? 22 games, back to treble season is just an arbitrary number of games in my opinion. I go by eras as I say, this manager is very different to those who have come before, and last night was ... relatively easy. For one of the worst United teams in the last while.

Gomes

When Crystal Palace and the likes win for the first time in 30 years at Old Trafford it's and embarrassment.
It isn't an achievement for the opposition. Beating the current clowns has nothing to do with anything.

Class of 63

Sourness
Exactly. So I don't think you can say this Chelsea team is anything remotely resembling Chelsea of even ... 3 years ago, let alone 99. So it's not the same era, in my book.

The last time they lost 5 games at home was 2015/16, when they finished with only 24 home points.

16/17: 2 losses
17/18: 4 losses
18/19: 1 loss

So, this year they've already lost as many as the last 2 years combined. It's hardly historically the toughest time to go there. So, 14/15 they had zero home losses. This season is historically toughest? 22 games, back to treble season is just an arbitrary number of games in my opinion. I go by eras as I say, this manager is very different to those who have come before, and last night was ... relatively easy. For one of the worst United teams in the last while.
You're obviously struggling with the word historically, so i'll leave you with this:

historically
Anything that has happened historically has been going on for a long time

dirkey

You're obviously struggling with the word historically, so i'll leave you with this:

historically
Anything that has happened historically has been going on for a long time
Arrogant post.

I understand the word historically. I don't think you can apply it in this case, because it is a completely different team, manager, set of players. On, not just one team, but on both teams in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.