Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we get 4th, and win another trophy; surely it's considered a pretty good Season?

Kopral Jono

So if you were in charge - you would want to sack a manager with 7 wins and 3 defeats in the last 10 games and the same day we beat City ?
Yes, maybe not now as in right now but after this Indian summer is inevitably over. I don't like saying this but I'm afraid this run of form won't be permanent. There are a few things that he's done well: getting rid of the deadwood and bringing top talents in (still not too sure on Maguire, though) are two of the most notable, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that Bruno hasn't single-handedly saved his job by lifting the morale of the entire team.

And as the old saying goes, opinions are like buttholes: everyone's got one.

sport2793

Agree. There's the Ole outs- which is perfectly fine. And then there's the agenda Ole outs, who can not do anything but complain. Who can not give Ole a single compliment for the things he has done well- but will rather deny obvious progress, deny that some players have improved under Ole, deny that he's been pretty good in the transfer ins. Deny good form. Will complain that we only beat big teams and can't break down the smaller- until we do break down the smaller teams, and then they go "it's only...."

I would respect them if they could actually give him some wins now and then. "Yeah, he has done good in____, but I think there are better options out there." That is very fair. But the way some of these guys (a small minority, mind you) behave, I see them as nothing but trolls.
Key point. Always good to ask for accountability from everyone at a club like United but need to recognize both the negatives and the positives. Some folks seem to have a psychological need to drag Ole and everyone else down on this forum. Sad really.

Gasolin

yes I wont be sleeping tonight because of that :D:D

try to accept different opinions, as it cna be clearly seen 50%+ dont believe in the manager and there is no clue that under Ole we will win any major trophies, everyone is entitled to their opinion and time will tell... (a similar scenario happened under Jose and look what happened) we are still 5th and we waint playing wonder football either.
Our forwards passes are phenomenal. If we pass to Bruno it’s 2 more goals.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You are not a United fan . That's totally pathetic comments
This is pathetic. His points are more than valid and well-reasoned.

The desire to believe OGS is some kind of coaching guru because he parks the bus and relies on a new brilliant addition such as Bruno to win him games is frankly delusional.

This sort of style of play may be acceptable for a relegation fodder team but Manchester fecking United should not be parking the bus at home, no matter how effective it looks in hindsight. On another day, they score first and we get a repeat of the Carabao Cup semi-final.

Once again, I am happy we won today but if Mourinho employed this small-time tactical approach most of you would be falling over yourselves asking for the sack. And you'd be right, so what the feck is with this blind love?

Ludens the Red

We didnt have a midfield until February. Its zero surprise to anyone who understands football that getting Matic and Mctominay back and signing Bruno has led to an upturn.

You can't do anything without a functioning midfield. We've been trying to win games with Pereira all season. If we'd a midfield all season we'd be at least 10 points higher and all this abuse wouldn't have happened. This has been obvious since August.
Yep, hard to disagree but playing devils advocate we were put in this position by showing blind faith in mediocre players like Lingard and Perreira and a non committed Paul Pogba to begin with, as well as essentially freezing out Fred and Matic. Start of the season there were massive question marks over our midfield. So in a way it was not a surprise it went wrong but thankfully Ole recognised it and has corrected it.

Here's my perspective:

1. Ole knows how to beat the very best. He's done it at United on a consistent basis beating teams home and away. Vital for a Manager in the big games when the chips are down. Just look at Pochettino as a polar opposite of this.
2. Defense is clearly improving. It took a while to gel and get a stable back 5 with proper defensive cover in midfield, but we're now seeing clean sheets on a regular basis, even our set piece defending has improved significantly.
3. Our signings under Ole have on the whole been excellent.
4. He's made the right calls (eventually) dropping certain players after giving them a genuine go in the first team. I'd say the only player he's really not attempted to give too many chances too this season is Angel Gomes.
5. He's also got us on decent runs of form, 2 fairly long unbeaten runs now at United which is promising.

Honestly, the only blemish is his slight reluctance to make changes in a game, his in game management could do with being a touch faster.
Yeah agreed all round really, and the game management is something that does need improving. Ighalo today should have been on a lot sooner, even if he doesn’t recognise you’d hope the others can, I mean they are there to assist him.

Gasolin

The desire to believe OGS is some kind of coaching guru because he parks the bus and relies on a new brilliant addition such as Bruno to win him games is frankly delusional.

This sort of style of play may be acceptable for a relegation fodder team but Manchester fecking United should not be parking the bus at home, no matter how effective it looks in hindsight. On another day, they score first and we get a repeat of the Carabao Cup semi-final.

Once again, I am happy we won today but if Mourinho employed this small-time tactical approach most of you would be falling over yourselves asking for the sack. And you'd be right, so what the feck is with this blind love?
Counter press buddy. Counter press... if it’s acceptable for Liverpool and SAF, it’s more than acceptable for us. And the thrill when we pass the ball forward!!! That’s amazing. A couple more players and we become phenomenal.

SaintMuppet

For a manager clearly learning on the job I’m quite impressed recently. This is not how it should be for a big club but it is what we have and we should get behind him until at least seasons end!

Just imagine a manager learning on the job developing a young team into champions. It really would be worthy of a 70s comic strip story. I hope he can do it but somehow doubt he will be afforded the time needed. Whatever happens I think he will leave us much better off than when he arrived.

The time to be smug is when we are back to winning titles. I'd be lying if I said there wasnt a small amount of satisfaction at seeing some of this start to come together now though, but we are still any single defeat away from the same old questions and criticisms resurfacing
I don't think we are personally, if we say lose to Spurs but then beat Brighton, Bournemouth & Villa, most would be delighted with that. Would be one hell of an upturn since 31st January.

If we win just 1 of those 4, that's where questions will be asked.

Gasolin

Jose defends very very low guys. Ole alternates but today he decided to press pretty high. It’s very strong.

TheGame

who was parking the bus, again we had more shots and more on target than them. They had more possession but couldn’t break us down. The tactics were smart.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira

You are not really happy we won today. A good manager employs the tactics that are best for his team. We are not that strong of a squad to go toe-to-toe with City or Liverpool. With a couple of more additions though we might be next year.

These tactics have won 3 vs City this year. Why would you want to do something different?

Foxbatt

It's stupid to slate him today. He got the tactics absolutely right. Very important 3 points too. Everyone played very well.

mu4c_20le

Jose defends very very low guys. Ole alternates but today he decided to press pretty high. It’s very strong.
He kept changing it up throughout the match. First half was beautiful because we let them have the ball before turning it around and then dictating the tempo. ALways lovely to see us do that against big sides.

SteveW

Yep, hard to disagree but playing devils advocate we were put in this position by showing blind faith in mediocre players like Lingard and Perreira and a non committed Paul Pogba to begin with, as well as essentially freezing out Fred and Matic. Start of the season there were massive question marks over our midfield. So in a way it was not a surprise it went wrong but thankfully Ole recognised it and has corrected it.
Fred and Matic weren't good enough last season to start this season. Ole and the coaches have rehabilited them over the course of a few months. They are hugely improved.

Lingard and Pereira played because we had no alternative. The second we got an attacking midfielder in they got completely phased out. Who should he have been playing up to then????

Withnail

Don't think he's getting sacked now.

It'll be a long time before the players or the match going fans turn on him.

Hopefully we can keep up this run, which there's a good chance of with the teams we have left to paly, we have left and go a number on Jose next week.

Really like the below quote as well:

I have no problem with 99% of all the people who have complained about OGS and want him gone - but there are 5-6-7 people here who deserve everything they are getting now.
It's still a little early for that though.

May is the time to give it out big time, otherwise the backlash after a couple of defeats will make this place a hell hole.

LJJT

Can’t believe this is still a thread. Ole deserves so much more respect. If people can’t see the improvements the players and team are making then there’s no hope. Ole buys well, he’s tactically very good, he has the right attitude , the players play for him, he’s got so many chances positives

SER19

Even though I actually can believe the state of this thread today, it's still incredible.

As it stands we could still potentially have (hypothetically combinations of)

Top 4
Europa league win/ semi final
Fa Cup win /semi final
League Cup semi final

If he gets top 4 and a trophy its a fantastic season from where we were December 2018

lysglimt

Scout
Yes, maybe not now as in right now but after this Indian summer is inevitably over. I don't like saying this but I'm afraid this run of form won't be permanent. There are a few things that he's done well: getting rid of the deadwood and bringing top talents in (still not too sure on Maguire, though) are two of the most notable, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that Bruno hasn't single-handedly saved his job by lifting the morale of the entire team.

And as the old saying goes, opinions are like buttholes: everyone's got one.
In the long run maybe - but here and now ? What do you think would happen in the summer if OGS is sacked ? What effect do you think that would have on the players who work their socks off for him, and what effect do you Think it will have on the fans who are happy with him (and they are growing in numbers quickly)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Oh jog on you miserable sod!

Fred and Matic weren't good enough last season to start this season. Ole and the coaches have rehabilited them over the course of a few months.
No true at all re. Matic Steve, Matic played in the vast majority of the run that got Ole the job, even playing through injury (confirmed by Ole), then got injured. Had a couple of shite games after returning from injury and actually played in only 3 of those shit last 9 games where we won just 1.

He was somewhat frozen out this season, I argued for a while it was naive and unnecessary so let's not rewrite history. Ole and the management team noticing a mistake is good management, it should be lauded. When did Mourinho last admit he was wrong?

united for life

I’ve supported him since day one and it’s games like this that make me confident he’s the right man for the job.

he took a very bad team and is working on rebuilding. He’s signing the right players, identifying the right weaknesses to fix. He said it from day 1, it will take more than 1 transfer window. He is getting there.

a key to any manager’s success is having the players behind him, he got that. He made them believe and made them work as 1 unit.

mad1max954

Can’t believe this is still a thread. Ole deserves so much more respect. If people can’t see the improvements the players and team are making then there’s no hope. Ole buys well, he’s tactically very good, he has the right attitude , the players play for him, he’s got so many chances positives
Here, here!! And we are enjoyable to watch!

Alabaster Codify7

Couldn't care less about the tactics, or the approach, HUGE 3pts and a huge step towards top 4. Ole's having a fantastic few weeks, if we continue this form we could end up finishing 3rd which would be brilliant and a step in the right direction. Ole is basically auditioning for the job for next season, if he fails to get top 4 and we fizzle out in the coming months he will still be gone - but that seems unlikely I reckon, I can see us finishing very strongly. We've definitely a corner, I reckon. I still don't see us winning the EL so it's all on top 4 now, and I reckon we'll get it.

Utd7

Ole is so confusing. He got the tactics perfect today. I still have concerns on whether he can take us to the promise land. But I have no doubt baring a catastrophic end to the season, he will be retained for next season. Hopefully he brings in the right players this summer.

Tango80

I don't actually think he's bad at all regarding his tactics.

Compared to how the likes of Jose, LVG, Moyes have set up in the past, he's matched their level of tactical thinking if not bettered it.

Still learning mind, but he's got an idea of how he wants to play, gets in the right players to suit his style of play, and the fact he's out-thought some of the best managers in the game, he clearly knows his stuff tactically.

Gasolin

Don't think he's getting sacked now.

It'll be a long time before the players or the match going fans turn on him.

Hopefully we can keep up this run, which there's a good chance of with the teams we have left to paly, we have left and go a number on Jose next week.

Really like the below quote as well:

Yes, it means he will take the fall but not the glory. Players will die for him now. Die for him! And that means we will have a fantastic team once we get a couple of players.

Ludens the Red

Fred and Matic weren't good enough last season to start this season. Ole and the coaches have rehabilited them over the course of a few months. They are hugely improved.

Lingard and Pereira played because we had no alternative. The second we got an attacking midfielder in they got completely phased out. Who should he have been playing up to then????
Lingard and Perreira certainly weren’t. Not sure it was a case of rehabilitating. They didn’t both come back from long term injuries. They were there and ready. Matic is far more proven than Lingard and Perreira too.
Like I mentioned, the reason there was no alternative was because of bad squad management. Bruno and another midfielder should have been signed in the summer, instead we banked on Pogba and went ahead with trusting Perreira and Lingard.

look I don’t wanna turn this into a criticism, let’s enjoy the day but really and truly I can’t bend over backwards and give credit and make out as if the previous situation we were in was due to ‘bad luck’, It was all our own doing, there are literally hundreds of posts from the summer predicting it was going to go wrong with our midfield.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You are not really happy we won today. A good manager employs the tactics that are best for his team. We are not that strong of a squad to go toe-to-toe with City or Liverpool. With a couple of more additions though we might be next year.

These tactics have won 3 vs City this year. Why would you want to do something different?
Oh jog on you miserable sod!
Honestly, posts like these can feck right off. If you want to make a reasonable argument and discuss, go ahead.

But this bullying tactic of some people on here is just disgraceful. First guy actually tried making some valid points but only after telling me what I am really thinking.

It's not about this one-off win. We lack a style of play that we can employ to dominate and get results long-term. We change formation more often than a diva changes her outfits and generally do not play the youth.

These criticisms are not about the short-term. They're about the fact that if we keep OGS, we won't be competing for the league any time soon. I won't even mention the CL.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tactics only get you so far, it’s up to the players to perform.

the whole squad has gone up a level since Bruno and Ighalo have arrived. It’s brought a freshness and competition that was desperately needed.

we’ve been on a great run now, if we can keep this up we’ve got some fantastic momentum.

Gasolin

Honestly, posts like these can feck right off. If you want to make a reasonable argument and discuss, go ahead.

But this bullying tactic of some people on here is just disgraceful. First guy actually tried making some valid points but only after telling me what I am really thinking.

It's not about this one-off win. We lack a style of play that we can employ to dominate and get results long-term. We change formation more often than a diva changes her outfits and generally do not play the youth.

These critisms are not about the short-term. They're about the fact that if we keep OGS, we won't be competing for the league any time soon. I won't even mention the CL.
Mate Greenwood is scoring a lot more than some other senior players in the league and Williams is playing.

We have a great idea on how we want to play. SAF style but with a bit more intensity. I fancy us winning the league soon.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira

These criticisms are not about the short-term. They're about the fact that if we keep OGS, we won't be competing for the league any time soon. I won't even mention the CL.
7-0-3

Status
Not open for further replies.