Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 113277

That poll is shocking :lol: We need a real manager or else we can't be a top side, and we can't compete for the league or the CL. Why the hell should we keep this amateur apart from sentimental reasons? Nobody has a clue but it's Ole so you're just gonna blindly back him :houllier:
This 'amateur' has made a good start in clearing the deadwood, made some good signings and a great one (Bruno), overseen the team fitness improve, increased morale and put together an excellent record against the top EPL teams. His stewardship of the first team is well ahead of Moyes, LVG or Mourinho IMO.

I'd much rather have Ole than Poch, who didn't win anything at Spurs and would come here and introduce more change.

If Ole continues his trajectory, we'll challenge for the EPL within two seasons (so a four year transition, which is similar to Klopp) and will start serious building for Champions League competitiveness; even with SAF, Champions League (equivelent) success took time to achieve, it's a different level to EPL.

Sometimes people can't see a good thing in front of them.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Do you genuinely believe he can challenge for the league? How about the CL? And if not, then surely it makes more sense to get a suitable manager in sooner than later so we can progress towards these goals...
I know you shouldn't attack the poster, but you deserve it based on the posts I've seen from you in multiple threads. You don't discuss you just laugh at other's opinions and clearly don't know how to debate. Your opinions on Martial are way off the mark and it's unsurprising that you have these opinions of Ole too. The fact is you clearly show you have little to no grasp of football, you don't actually care or support Manchester Utd and to top it off you come over like an immature brat.

To keep the post on the topic, yes many people myself included, believe that Ole can take us right to the top. He's quite clearly an exceptional man-manager (which is a hugely underappreciated skill). He's buying the right players and trying to build an exciting system. It has been clear since his arrival that we have been making massive strides to fix the mess that Mourinho left behind. Ultimately, football is a simple game if you can build a talented motivated squad and give them a system to perform in, you will win more football matches then you will lose and as a result, you will win trophies. Ole is well on the way to doing that!

AaronRedDevil

That poll is shocking :lol: We need a real manager or else we can't be a top side, and we can't compete for the league or the CL. Why the hell should we keep this amateur apart from sentimental reasons? Nobody has a clue but it's Ole so you're just gonna blindly back him :houllier:
We’ve had 2 Real mangers. Look how that turned out. This team is playing well under Ole.

Jack-C20

Was going to make a joke that we’ve not won in however many days or whatever but just checked and it’s only been 11 days! I swear it’s been about 3 weeks.

Anyway, he’s done enough to convince me. At least to be given another window. Really felt like we’d turned a corner. Mainly helped by Bruno but with another addition of quality I’m sure we’ll be in a much better position to challenge.

OldRed1

I know you shouldn't attack the poster, but you deserve it based on the posts I've seen from you in multiple threads. You don't discuss you just laugh at other's opinions and clearly don't know how to debate. Your opinions on Martial are way off the mark and it's unsurprising that you have these opinions of Ole too. The fact is you clearly show you have little to no grasp of football, you don't actually care or support Manchester Utd and to top it off you come over like an immature brat.

To keep the post on the topic, yes many people myself included, believe that Ole can take us right to the top. He's quite clearly an exceptional man-manager (which is a hugely underappreciated skill). He's buying the right players and trying to build an exciting system. It has been clear since his arrival that we have been making massive strides to fix the mess that Mourinho left behind. Ultimately, football is a simple game if you can build a talented motivated squad and give them a system to perform in, you will win more football matches then you will lose and as a result, you will win trophies. Ole is well on the way to doing that!
Great reply and that clown, obviously not a United supporter, really deserves attacking. Well done.

Member 113277

Great post, beautifully put!

KennyBurner

Im a very decisive person and its very hard to change my mind yet Ole has done so effortlessly. Big reason for that are his signings. Each of them have been very good and have been put to good use. Id also say Im a bit biased towards him also because he is a former legend for us. Ive always wanted him to succeed here desperately just like how Chelsea fans are probably rooting for lampard. He also found a way to get rid of lukaku for a good fee and enlighten the atmosphere after mourinhos reign. I dont think lukaku is terrible but i dont believe him leading the line can ever lead to the greatest honors. It was always a matter of how are we going to move him on when we were done transitioning and Ole did that immediately when he got the opportunity. He's also done well given out luck with injuries and having to win games with Lingard/pereira pulling the strings. He could have done more but fortunately none of our other rivals took advantage of all the points we managed to drop.

I dont think he is a top coach yet but he is very well on the way to becoming one. Id like to see him improve his tactics because thats one area Im still very unconvinced about. At the top you just cant get through with buying quality players, you have to have some form of Identity and style. I didn't like the fact that at some point during the season he randomly adjusts his tactics to the strengths of weaker teams. I would like to see him impose his own way on teams that arent Liverpool or City. Ive always maintained even at the start that we are better than every other team bar those two and I still believe that.

When football arrives back at the end of april behind closed doors Im predicting we keep up our momentum and win most of our remaining games if not all to finish the season on a high.

GazTheLegend

This is pure Scouse bait

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Why is the poll lacking the one option that makes this an actual poll? "Let Ole Finish the season, evaulate once its completed". Remove the middle option and replace it with this. Now you have 1 stay and 2 fire options. This is silly.

That being said, Ole's at the wheel.

mancave bear

Do you genuinely believe he can challenge for the league? How about the CL? And if not, then surely it makes more sense to get a suitable manager in sooner than later so we can progress towards these goals...
Ole have beaten plenty of top teams, so I dont doubt we would have success in the CL. He has fantastic results against the best teames, and top managers. Our problem have been creativity to unlock defensive "smaller teams". And after getting Bruno, it seams we are on our way to solve that problem to.

mancave bear

Why is the poll lacking the one option that makes this an actual poll? "Let Ole Finish the season, evaulate once its completed". Remove the middle option and replace it with this. Now you have 1 stay and 2 fire options. This is silly.

And they restarted the pull, when we had just gone thru our worst period, to get a worst possible result. They should change the questions and restart the pull again!

Foxbatt

This should be suspended or closed now. He is not going to get sacked now.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
He will stay this and next season and rightly so. I have been one of his biggest critics but when we continue to show progress I have to admit that it would be unwise when we’re rebuilding to change manager.

Close this thread until things go south on a regular basis. Right now we doing extremely good and Ole is a big part of our progress.

Withnail

It's impressive he's managed to piss you off to the extent that you've noticed a trend in his posts with little over 150 posts so far

Withnail

My thoughts exactly. I've gone for the middle option because it's the closest to my position, not neccessarily because I want him replaced in the Summer.

edcunited1878

United need to be self-sustaining without being dependent on the manager. But understand the premise of this poll, although odd to reopen it again.

meamth

I’m not so sure, especially while Pochettino is still waiting.

Pochettino’s silence is deafening. No doubt somebody’s going to come and get him and it will be a top club.
Another Pochettino media brainwashed here.

Pochettino sucks, check his records against the top 6, and you wouldn't even want to hear his name anymore.

Shyte mid table to europa league manager at best.

Feck poch, Ole in.

Untd55

Another Pochettino media brainwashed here.

Pochettino sucks, check his records against the top 6, and you wouldn't even want to hear his name anymore.

Feck poch, Ole in.
Makes no sense. How can a manager who spent the vast majority of his time at Tottenham in the top four, whilst taking them to the CL final, only be considered a midtable to Europa standard manager?

Evidence is contradictory to your statement.

meamth

Makes no sense. How can a manager who spent the vast majority of his time at Tottenham in the top four, whilst taking them to the CL final, only be considered a midtable to Europa standard manager?

Evidence is contradictory to your statement.
Nope it's proven.

His record at Soton sucks, he got lucky with the players they have at Tottenham.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Nope it's proven.

His record at Soton sucks, he got lucky with the players they have at Tottenham.
Pochettino had Southampton finish in 8th. Their highest finish since 2002 and with more points since the PL started and they were one of the most entertaining teams to watch that season.

Lucky with the spurs players? You really are pushing the boat out with that one. You don't rate him that's fine but making shit up certainly doesn't do you any favours.

Wilt

Feck poch, Ole in.
Jeez, state of this.

I can except some people don't rate Pochettino, but to call him “shyte mid table at best” is factually wrong and utter rubbish.

Its well documented that Pochettino is on the radar of just about every top club in Europe.

So what is it that you know about Pochettino that the likes of Barcelona, Real, PSG, Juventus, Utd, City etc etc don’t? ...I’m sure they would be very interested to know.

lysglimt

Scout
Pochettino had Southampton finish in 8th. Their highest finish since 2002 and with more points since the PL started and they were one of the most entertaining teams to watch that season.

Lucky with the spurs players? You really are pushing the boat out with that one. You don't rate him that's fine but making shit up certainly doesn't do you any favours.
I am not saying Pochettino is a bad manager - of course he isn't - but he is not as brilliant as he is hyped up to be. As for the Southampton-team he took over - it was a really good side. The sacking of Nigel Adkins however was strange - he had an absolutely awful start to the season With Southampton where they lost 8 out of the first 10 matches. But then he started to turn things around. He won 4 and drew 6 out of the next 12 matches when he was fired in mid-january, so Pochettino took over a team on the way up and did ok in the last half of the season

And yes he did ok With Southampton in his first full season - but if you look at the team Southampton had in that season.

Artur Boruc - Luke Shaw, Jose Fonte, Dejan Lovren, Nathan Clyne - Steven Davis, Victor Wanyama (Ward Prowse), Adam Lallana, Morgan Schneiderlin (Jack Cork) - Jay Rodriguez, Ricky Lambert

in addition Gazzaniga, Chambers, Yoshida - this is not a bad Premier League-side

So the team he had - included 2 future United-players, 1 Arsenal-player, 2 Spurs-players, and 4 Liverpool-players

Yes he did well - but he had a very good side to work with

Foxbatt

I am not that fond of Poch because he is too rigid in his ways. A manager needs to be flexible and if Ole is going to be replaced I want someone better than Poch.

Zen86

So what is it that you know about Pochettino that the likes of Barcelona, Real, PSG, Juventus, Utd, City etc etc don’t? ...I’m sure they would be very interested to know.
Where is it stated that he is on the radar of all these clubs?

meamth

I am not saying Pochettino is a bad manager - of course he isn't - but he is not as brilliant as he is hyped up to be. As for the Southampton-team he took over - it was a really good side. The sacking of Nigel Adkins however was strange - he had an absolutely awful start to the season With Southampton where they lost 8 out of the first 10 matches. But then he started to turn things around. He won 4 and drew 6 out of the next 12 matches when he was fired in mid-january, so Pochettino took over a team on the way up and did ok in the last half of the season

And yes he did ok With Southampton in his first full season - but if you look at the team Southampton had in that season.

Artur Boruc - Luke Shaw, Jose Fonte, Dejan Lovren, Nathan Clyne - Steven Davis, Victor Wanyama (Ward Prowse), Adam Lallana, Morgan Schneiderlin (Jack Cork) - Jay Rodriguez, Ricky Lambert

in addition Gazzaniga, Chambers, Yoshida - this is not a bad Premier League-side

So the team he had - included 2 future United-players, 1 Arsenal-player, 2 Spurs-players, and 4 Liverpool-players

Yes he did well - but he had a very good side to work with
Exactly, I've read somewhere, he got the worst win percentage record among the Soton managers.

It's not nonsense, that is facts. On top of that abysmal record, he signed a lot of players too, mostly didn't work.

Now do we still need Poch? I don't think so.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Exactly, I've read somewhere, he got the worst win percentage record among the Soton managers.

It's not nonsense, that is facts. On top of that abysmal record, he signed a lot of players too, mostly didn't work.

Now do we still need Poch? I don't think so.
He had southampton in their highest ever position and point tally since the inception of the PL.

Not going to argue with whether we should sack Ole and hire Poch, but there is some serious distortion against Poch in here. He's broken positive records at both Southampton and Spurs, and at Spurs he was seriously hamstrung by their spending power and their financing for a new stadium.

Should we bring Ole's amazing win record at Cardiff and Utd into the discussion?

Last edited:

meamth

He had southampton in their highest ever position and point tally since the inception of the PL.

Not going to argue with whether we should sack Ole and hire Poch, but there is some serious distortion against Poch in here. He's broken positive records at both Southampton and Spurs, and at Spurs he was seriously hamstrung by their spending power and their financing for a new stadium.

Should we bring Ole's amazing win record at Cardiff and Utd into the discussion?
Yes.

And while you do that, compare poch's record in the big games.

You want to win something, you obviously cannot have that trash record against top sides.

Gehrman

Yes.

And while you do that, compare poch's record in the big games.

You want to win something, you obviously cannot have that trash record against top sides.
Post me his record.

You can't win the league either without collecting high points. Poch has done very well in the league considering that he's been managing Spurs and not Man Utd, Chelsea, City or Arsenal. His netspend was 15 mil.

Rish Sawhney

Post me his record.

You can't win the league either without collecting high points. Poch has done very well in the league considering that he's been managing Spurs and not Man Utd, Chelsea, City or Arsenal. His netspend was 15 mil.
Poch finished 3rd in a two horse race. You can't win the league if you're a bottler either.

Bite I'm bored

Gehrman

Poch finished 3rd in a two horse race. You can't win the league if you're a bottler either.

Bite I'm bored
And solskjær has a overall underwhelming win record and pointtally in his PL career so far. Yes Poch didn't win the league the year Leicester did, but neither did Man Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal despite having much heftier spending power. You tell me when people started having expectations of Spurs winning the league or the CL. Are you expecting Mourinho to win the league with spurs next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.