Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Royal

Wow.. it doesn't take long before the Ole haters raise their heads. Seriously get a grip, get behind the team and the manager.
One bad performance in 20 is acceptable

Giggsyking

Because it's a discussion forum and we look totally fecked physically. You're telling fans they're not allowed to worry because you're easily triggered regarding Ole, why not just stay out of the thread?
Exactly.

padzilla

Hipster
My only real concern with Ole is that he might be too nice and not be able to make the really tough decisions. He has one now with De Gea, reminds me a bit of the Jim Leighton Les Sealy scenario.

Because it's a discussion
It’s all part of the process, OGS has been very good at getting rid of crap like Valencia, Young, Fellaini, Sanchez, Rojo and Lukuku.

We are building, it takes time.
This.

Easy for people to forget how bad a position the club were in after 3 failed Managers.

People also need to understand that there will be defeats and games where we have to win ugly.

Crazy how some people want to rip everything up and start again after the first defeat in 20 games!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Or not playing well shows that you’re not managed properly & eventually it’ll catch up with you
Do you know that when Fergie was manager we didn’t wipe the floor and look like Brazil every match? Grinding out wins is part of football. Criticised or praised depending on how you want to spin it

NK86

If that's the primary reason then does the way we manage the squad's fitness and freshness levels leave a lot to be desired? It's quite concerning that the only times we really played like an elite team was when we were completely fresh. A few games in and the performance levels dropped terribly.

I see a worrying inability to handle teams that press us half-competently. Inclined to think it's at least partially a system/training issue and not just fatigue.
We are playing a crazy schedule towards the end of the season. Obviously it will clearly show. Add to that the fact the opponents had extra days to rest and recover and I can forgive this performance. My main worry is we have another game in 3 days. Will we be ready physically for it as this game doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but the next 2 PL games will have a bearing on our ability to spend and upgrade our squad for the upcoming season.

ManRed

My only real concern with Ole is that he might be too nice and not be able to make the really tough decisions. He has one now with De Gea, reminds me a bit of the Jim Leighton Les Sealy scenario.
Keep the faith, he has made a lot of tough decisions till date with Sanchez, Lingard, Lukaku etc.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It’s all part of the process, OGS has been very good at getting rid of crap like Valencia, Young, Fellaini, Sanchez, Rojo and Lukuku.

We are building, it takes time.
Yes but we need it next season. Rebuilding for first team is done. We need to make our options better next season

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
According to @oreon, a first loss in 19 games is a 'bad stretch.'

Sums this thread up really.
It sums our fanbase up, sadly. We average 8 pages when we win well. 20+ pages when we don't. That's a hell of a lot of posters that only post in the threads following dropped points.

Shark

@NotShark
I have to stay out of the thread if I go against hysteria? Who said i was triggered?
I call out stupidity when I see it.
Feck it, lets all pretend we wont get top 4 and pile in. It is, of course, hypothetical piling on since it hasnt happened yet but lets talk shit about Ole anyway
You're making up the hysteria, as are others that can't handle any discussion that involves maybe having a look at our manager and his coaching staff if we finish this season as we did last season. That should be a big if though, it'd take a monumental collapse and I'd expect Ole will get us over the line. Who's talking shit about Ole?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Beat Chelsea and Lampard 3 out 3 this season before today's game, lose and its like some revelation....

Can you guys just admit you have a agenda against Ole
Ole is to blame for not coaching De Gea better. Or something.

This thread is so impossibly reactionary. Not one ounce of common sense to go around.

"We lost this game, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG"

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We need to be real about our team and players. I see people saying ole has done great in the market. Maguire and james are big question marks and bruno and awb still have small question marks.

Our gk situation needs fixing. De gea needs to go. thank you for your service but it's over. I'm okay with henderson and romero competing next year and we evaluate if we need to buy someone.

Our cbs need fixing. We have no pace and get bullied physically. yeah they can pass better than most but not even close to elite defenders.

fullbacks are iffy. They offer very little going forward. We need to get players that can compete with TAA and robertson.

we need a matic replacement. Scott is not the answer.

James is a terrible footballer that needs to go asap. We need a couple good forward players.

When you hear Ole come out and say De gea is the best in the world, make maguire captain and start him every game, say the things he says about james and scott. You can see his football radar if off. I don't believe he is lying about his opinion on these players. We have a big problem lads. We need to keep Pogba, Martial, Rashford,Greenwood,Bruno,Awb,Matic. That is a core of 7 players out of a possible 25/22. I can accept 7/8 players being the likes of fosu mensah and other young prospects but that still leaves us short at least 7/8 players to have what I'd consider a good squad. This is not even mentioning tactics and our attacking patterns/press.

Rafaeldagold

Wow.. it doesn't take long before the Ole haters raise their heads. Seriously get a grip, get behind the team and the manager.
One bad performance in 20 is acceptable
The performances last few games really haven’t been good enough. Not just today- today the result was also terrible. It’s concerning you think we’ve played well last few games, lucky Leicester are shite too or top 4 was in danger

oreon

According to @oreon, a first loss in 19 games is a 'bad stretch.'

Sums this thread up really.
Can you read ? I said take the season as whole. We had stretches where we have been great and stretches where we have been bad. You can't just evaluate based on the post lockdown games and ignore the 1st half of the season.
Is Ole an improvement over Mou ? Yes
Is he world class manager ? No
Did he maximize the squad ?? Is there a better manager out there who can maximize the squad ??

The last two are the questions the board needs to have internally. Doesn't mean Ole gets fired. But they have to evaluate and consider it. Pogba is 27 and Fernandes is 26, Martial 24. All three are in their prime. Add Sancho, a CB and CM for depth and this team might be able to challenge.

This is all depends on what the goal is next season. Is it just top 4 ? If it is Ole is the guy.
If we are looking to challenge then we have to seriously evaluate and see if there's someone else who can do the job better.
Players at elite clubs are let go not because they are bad but because they are not world class. The same should be for a manager. The question has to be is Ole good enough to challenge for a title against Klopp and Guardiola ?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
As I said before, some of the top reds in this thread are absolute jokers.

They complain when we point out his mistakes after a game like today but also pile on and literally witch hunt 'traitors' when they point out how inadequate our manager is when we're winning but still lacking in performances.

If Ole fails to get us top 4 (EL doesn't count), I'll be right here saying he should be sacked because it's a bloody results business. Top 4 just about saves his job but that's the full extent of it.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So, after a loss this thread fills up 4-5 pages within half an hour, but after a win, it takes probably a week to get that amount of traffic. Tells how loud those 23% are

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ridiculous agenda? Oh ok actually Ole is fantastic & did a great performance today leading us to a great victory. No complaints from me then.

Why don’t you open your eyes & see he just isn’t good enough
Yes ridiculous agenda. It's our first defeat in NINETEEN games, a run that has seen us break records and see us playing the first genuine quality football for 7 years. One ballsup after getting royally fecked by scheduling doesn't undo all the good work that's gone before.

You understand it is possible to criticize Ole for today without deciding everything that has come before doesn't matter, right? It's not just ridiculous, it's idiotic.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
It's reactionary to base it off a few games. You have to look at the season as a whole. We have had good and bad stretches. Currently we are in a bad one.
There's no question that Ole has improved the squad. But I don't think he has maximized the squad. I think we challenge if we get an experienced manager with a system + a couple additions. If Ole remains, we'll probably be good for top 4 next season and maybe an FA or Carabao cup. But I don't think he's a good enough manager to get a 120 % out of a squad like Klopp did. If Klopp was managing UTD next season, we'd be challenging.
The question then is, can Poch be that guy ? He has an offensive system but we don't know if he's a top level manager. But I'd take the risk of Poch regardless if we make top 4 or not. I wouldn't fault Woodward if he kept Ole if he made the top 4. I just think we are 3 - 4 signings away and with the right manager we can challenge. We just need to take the risk with a better manager and spend this summer
I agree. I'm not basing my opinions just on the recent games, but overall during Ole's tenure here I don't think we've seen a really convincing run of elite performances yet. It may not be his fault, but he still hasn't proven himself. It's reasonable to have some reservations.

I think Ole will turn out to be an alright manager who excels in improving individual attacking play but falls short in putting together a well-drilled team that's truly greater than the sum of its parts. I don't think he deserves to be sacked now, but I don't think he'll get us to where we want to be.

Rafaeldagold

You’re in your fecking element. You’ve been wanting this to happen all week with the moaning you’ve done
Yeh I feel great. Fck me you can’t actually open your eyes & see this man isn’t good enough to be our manager can you. Defend him til the end I don’t care. I don’t ‘hate’ him by the way. He seems a nice guy, is a legend as a player.

As a manager. Just doesn’t do it for me, but you can think differently if you like

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's done well since the restart, but then how much of that has been down to the sensational form (thus far) of Bruno...?

I mean, Rodgers did well with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling, but Klopp is the manager who took it to the next levels.

For me, the question in this poll depends on the next two games - both are obviously winnable matches, and both are must wins.

If he gets Top 4 you can't sack him - he's too nice and has done well enough.

If he fails, I'd pull the trigger and replace him.

He must ensure a reaction against West Ham. If he gets bettered by Moyes, excuses shouldn't be made for him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why has this thread been bumped! We really have some knee jerk fans!

Rafaeldagold

Yes ridiculous agenda. It's our first defeat in NINETEEN games, a run that has seen us break records and see us playing the first genuine quality football for 7 years. One ballsup after getting royally fecked by scheduling doesn't undo all the good work that's gone before.

You understand it is possible to criticize Ole for today without deciding everything that has come before doesn't matter, right? It's not just ridiculous, it's idiotic.
We haven’t played well the last few games if you’re being honest with yourself. Also I like how you use the stats to forget the awfulness of first part of the season.

Yes you’re right it’s idiotic to forget how shite we were first part of the season

Blood Mage

It's hard not to like him as a man which makes it all the more difficult when you have to acknowledge his tactical shortcomings. I'm not even sure he's better than Moyes tactically.

If we don't get top 4 he simply has to go but the ruthless side of me thinks we should get rid even if we finish 3rd.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeh I feel great. Fck me you can’t actually open your eyes & see this man isn’t good enough to be our manager can you. Defend him til the end I don’t care. I don’t ‘hate’ him by me way. He seems a nice guy, is a legend as a player.

As a manager. Just doesn’t do it for me, but you can think differently if you like
You’ve been banging this drum for a year now, no one values your opinion on the matter anymore because you’ve been drinking your own cool-aid.

Just read up on the Dunning-Kruger effect.

DarkXaero

I'll refer you back to my original comment - even top teams have to grind out results, being able to not play well and win is a sign of strength.
And I'll refer you back to my original comment: Our performance levels have dropped off recently, and grinding out results with huge luck involved has nothing to do with that reality.

Halftrack

It's no surprise that some of the worst posters on this forum are also some of the most reactionary and hostile posters.
He's done well since the restart, but then how much of that has been down to the sensational form (thus far) of Bruno...?

I mean, Rodgers did well with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling, but Klopp is the manager who took it to the next levels.

For me, the question in this poll depends on the next two games - both are obviously winnable matches, and both are must wins.

If he gets Top 4 you can't sack him - he's too nice and has done well enough.

If he fails, I'd pull the trigger and replace him.

He must ensure a reaction against West Ham. If he gets bettered by Moyes, excuses shouldn't be made for him.
How about "no"?

Reiver

It took me a while but I'm now in the Ole in camp. I think he should be our manager next season no matter what happens at the end of this one.

I don't think its reactionary to look at both today's game and the Southampton game and have some worries about Ole tactically and whether he can influence matches once they've begun.

Equally, as disappointing as today was, calling for Ole's head on the back of it is ridiculous.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
We are playing a crazy schedule towards the end of the season. Obviously it will clearly show. Add to that the fact the opponents had extra days to rest and recover and I can forgive this performance. My main worry is we have another game in 3 days. Will we be ready physically for it as this game doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but the next 2 PL games will have a bearing on our ability to spend and upgrade our squad for the upcoming season.
Oh I can forgive this particular performance as a one-off. I just don't think Ole has yet proven he has what it takes to make us a truly elite team, and am on the fence. I hope we end the season strong, but I'm not confident we will and I don't think it will be all down to fatigue either.

Status
Not open for further replies.