Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This excuse is rubbish. We are behaving like we have championship players on the bench. Yes, we don't have quality on bench like City, Barca, Real and yes, we need few more quality players there but we have enough to rotate and beat most of teams against we played after restart.
His decision was to manage team like he did. He is a manager. He needs to find a way to rotate.
Our depth in attack is James, Ighalo, Lingard. Two of them wouldn’t look out of place in the Championship, the other despite some good showings was signed from the Chinese league. Rotating them would bring the same result because they’re not good enough to start.

Mainoldo

Our depth in attack is James, Ighalo, Lingard. Two of them wouldn’t look out of place in the Championship, the other despite some good showings was signed from the Chinese league. Rotating them would bring the same result because they’re not good enough to start.
He bloody brought them you joker. This is what we use to excuse Mourinho for. Don’t bring up stuff like this.. there’s better excuses than that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Lock this thread until Sunday. This is pointless.

Amir

This is all well and good but what Elite club accepts a win rate in your domestic league of 45-47% none that I know of, if he had not invested money I would have more sympathy with him but remember way back at the beginning of the season when fans where lauding over Daniel James as they best 18m ever spent, there is always a reason a player is valued at £18m and Simeone like Sancho is £100m, we simply have spent so much money on mercenaries and absolute tosh so a Director of Football is now our most important signing followed by someone like Bezos buying the club and asking Woodward To kindly leave the club and leave his keys in trash bin like the Mess he and the Glaziers have inflicted on this great club , we can’t beat West Ham, Burnley , Aston Villa, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Everton where do I stop at the mighty Old Trafford, that’s an awful lot of dropped points at theatre of dreams by Ole the Clown, he loves the club , I love Ole the player but if he messes this up which now seems highly likely with his track record in PL with united and Cardiff And then finally his legacy will be tainted and he will never get another PL Job full stop !!!
Hey, I'm not saying he should stay at all. I'm just saying we should be looking deeper than whether we finish fourth or fifth, especially when the level is rather low and the difference is so small.

Amir

He had a whole season and if we aren't in the top 4 on Sunday then he must be sacked.....the target was a CL place.
That's a pretty low target, especially looking at Leicester and Chelsea. Keeping him might be like keeping Mourinho in 2018 when we finished second, but most people knew it was going nowhere.

It just should not be about finishing fourth or reaching CL. That's how a stupid club acts.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

He had a whole season and if we aren't in the top 4 on Sunday then he must be sacked.....the target was a CL place.
And in most of the season he has been without Bruno & Pogba + injuries on Martial & Rashford (7 games each) while playing the youngest team in the league. You think Pep and Klopp would do great with Lingard and Pereira playing first half of the season?

Klopp managed 8th, 4th, 4th in his 3 first seasons. Pretty sure they are happy he was given time.

Has a manager ever been sacked after similar results in his last 20 games as Ole have now?

lex talionis

This thread bothers me but I'll play along. We should keep going into the next season. No, he does not have the resume that Klopp and Pep have, but who exactly does have their resumes and that we'd want to or realistically could bring in? Not a lot of names are on that list.

We started the season short on talent, we stumbled throughout, put together a great run of late and are stumbling across the goal line now. Keep Ole and see where this goes.

mu4c_20le

That's a pretty low target, especially looking at Leicester and Chelsea. Keeping him might be like keeping Mourinho in 2018 when we finished second, but most people knew it was going nowhere.

It just should not be about finishing fourth or reaching CL. That's how a stupid club acts.
I don't get what you mean. Leicester and Chelsea had the same targets.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He bloody brought them you joker. This is what we use to excuse Mourinho for. Don’t bring up stuff like this.. there’s better excuses than that.
I’m not defending him. I don’t think the depth is good enough, that’s my whole point. That’s down to Ole and the clubs recruitment

Acquire Me

We are not losing matches like our rivals for top 4. It really bad timing to have a go at Ole.

I also need to defend our players. Lots of games and shortage of rest will hurt our performance. We don’t have the luxury to rest players. Despite of that, we are now third in the PL and we could very well be that in the end.

A round of applause for Ole and our players are in order.

Mainoldo

This thread bothers me but I'll play along. We should keep going into the next season. No, he does not have the resume that Klopp and Pep have, but who exactly does have their resumes and that we'd want to or realistically could bring in? Not a lot of names are on that list.

We started the season short on talent, we stumbled throughout, put together a great run of late and are stumbling across the goal line now. Keep Ole and see where this goes.
Pochettino
Tunchel
Nigelsmann
Ten hag
Rose

All better managers than what we have. That’s 5 and they all play good football the right way.

Red00012

What did he tactically and selection wise get wrong today ?
Matic starting , TFM starting .... Pogba playing as deep as Matic even when we were in possession....Martial up top on his own for too long ....Ighalo coming on and putting Martial on the left. Is that enough ?

Red Stone

We're a squad in dire need of a rebuild, that only just started last summer. We've finished a season where our best players were either out for huge chunks of it or not even at the club for half of it, and we have next to no quality behind our first XI, which has ground our starters down to the nub with this ridiculous fixture list after the COVID break. 3rd and an FA Cup semi final is honestly exceeding expectations, all things considered.

Ole hasn't been outstanding, but he's shown promise. Tactically he seems a bit naive and weak, but at the same time we've played some of our best football since Ronaldo left the club at times under him, but we're inconsistent and streaky. The only way to sort that out is to add quality and depth to ease the load on our stars, and I think Ole has shown enough in terms of what his vision is to be allowed to continue the project. This is the closest we've been to looking like we're building an actual cohesive team since SAF left.

In any case, who are the alternatives at this point in time? We've tried the old school PL clogger and we've tried the world class managers with massive resumes and they've all failed spectacularly. What manager out there has the credentials to manage us, wants to join us and is capable of doing the work that still needs to be done? I can't think of anyone at the moment that's obvious enough that sacking Ole makes any sense.

Bojan11

What if he gets the club finishing 3rd on Sunday? Look how long it took Klopp to win the title, Poch got 5 years and won nothing. It is unfair to compare Ole to these scenario’s when they had so much more time. The squad was in a terrible state when he arrived and is on the right track. Regardless or league finish, Ole has done a good job if you look at everything he has done since he came in. Everything can’t be done in 20 months.
Klopp deserved time because he’s a proven world class manager.

Potch turned Spurs into a regular champions league team. They definitely weren’t that before him. First Spurs manager to finish ahead of Arsenal in decades.
We are not losing matches like our rivals for top 4. It really bad timing to have a go at Ole.

I also need to defend our players. Lots of games and shortage of rest will hurt our performance. We don’t have the luxury to rest players. Despite of that, we are now third in the PL and we could very well be that in the end.

A round of applause for Ole and our players are in order.
Not sure you missed it but everyone we played these past few months have had lots of games. Some of these teams we faced don’t have the luxury of having the squad we have. Also if you are good at keeping the ball then you won’t have to run too much. Second half against West Ham and Southampton, we were appalling. Even Palace who are a counter attack side at times we struggled to keep the ball.

No excuses against Leicester though. They have a lot of injuries and suspension to their CB.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Klopp deserved time because he’s a proven world class manager.

Potch turned Spurs into a regular champions league team. They definitely weren’t that before him. First Spurs manager to finish ahead of Arsenal in decades.

Not sure you missed it but everyone we played these past few months have had lots of games. Some of these teams we faced don’t have the luxury of having the squad we have. Also if you are good at keeping the ball then you won’t have to run too much. Second half against West Ham and Southampton, we were appalling. Even Palace who are a counter attack side at times we struggled to keep the ball.

No excuses against Leicester though. They have a lot of injuries and suspension to their CB.
That’s a good point. Forgot about that. Also there’s a small fact about them being shit. A loss to them would be unthinkable and unforgivable.

buckooo1978

I really appreciate the work Solskjaer has done

He's worked hard to fix the club in terms of attitude and created a positive team spirit

in my gut I just think we are a form team and our periods of success have a slightly random feel to them. We've really dropped off in terms of quality of football the last 3 or 4 games and I felt that we disnt create anywhere near enough against a poor West Ham side

I think we really need a lot of investment this Summer and even with 3 or 4 really good signings im still not sure Solskjaer has the ability to manage a side who can win around 30 league games in a season which will be the target if we are to compete

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

There's been absolutely no noise about us looking at possible replacements though, has there?

Tel074

Matic starting , TFM starting .... Pogba playing as deep as Matic even when we were in possession....Martial up top on his own for too long ....Ighalo coming on and putting Martial on the left. Is that enough ?

So you had these feelings when United where battering teams the past few weeks with the exact same tactics ? TFM started cause he's quick and more attacking so that's a good thing at home . So no it's not enough it's just nonsense

mu4c_20le

I really appreciate the work Solskjaer has done

He's worked hard to fix the club in terms of attitude and created a positive team spirit

in my gut I just think we are a form team and our periods of success have a slightly random feel to them. We've really dropped off in terms of quality of football the last 3 or 4 games and I felt that we disnt create anywhere near enough against a poor West Ham side

I think we really need a lot of investment this Summer and even with 3 or 4 really good signings im still not sure Solskjaer has the ability to manage a side who can win around 30 league games in a season which will be the target if we are to compete
He has us playing the best football post Fergie. And the drop off happened when we're playing something like nine matches in a month, it was inevitable, but still not as bad as last season with Jose's team. There's obvious improvement.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Pochettino
Tunchel
Nigelsmann
Ten hag
Rose

All better managers than what we have. That’s 5 and they all play good football the right way.
I think Hasenhuttl is too. Southampton are such a well drilled team with an exciting style and progressive way of playing. I couldn't help but think after our game that this set of players we have now, with that level of coaching, would be so much better.

Instead we're talking about spending hundreds of million more just to make it work for Solskjaer. I agree with the posters that said it's the players that are coming up with ideas and winning us games as I see nothing consistent in our tactics that makes me think Ole is influencing results. I actually don't think our team should be far off that of Liverpool on paper.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
No. More alarmingly, there's no talk of a DoF anymore.
Worrying. Ole mentioned that he gave the club his 3-year plan, I hope that doesn't mean the club is prepared to give him 3 years regardless of performances. Then again, there are no clear candidates to replace him. Best hope is for him to keep improving because we don't seem to be prepared for the possibility of him failing.

buckooo1978

He has us playing the best football post Fergie. And the drop off happened when we're playing something like nine matches in a month, it was inevitable, but still not as bad as last season with Jose's team. There's obvious improvement.
I hope its just tiredness

it really reminds me of the good run when he first took over when, after a few good performances we picked up a right few points playing badly then our form and results dropped off a cliff weve started really slowly in most games the last month.

I hope it isn't an issue of mentality

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
The relatively great football is likely the consequence of him having a more balanced team (for which he can be at least partly credited), happier players (his credit too), and a less rigid and dour football system than Mou and LVG (which is good and bad). But there are too many poor performances in between the good ones to not have reservations about him.

Mainoldo

I think Hasenhuttl is too. Southampton are such a well drilled team with an exciting style and progressive way of playing. I couldn't help but think after our game that this set of players we have now, with that level of coaching, would be so much better.

Instead we're talking about spending hundreds of million more just to make it work for Solskjaer. I agree with the posters that said it's the players that are coming up with ideas and winning us games as I see nothing consistent in our tactics that makes me think Ole is influencing results. I actually don't think our team should be far off that of Liverpool on paper.
Yeah I was impressed with him too and was happy they backed him after the 9-0 drubbing. He’s a quality coach.

We still need investment but your right a good coach could improve us with far less investment.

Southampton are a well run club top to bottom though and you can tell by their appointments. They derailed once hiring Hughes but learnt there lesson.

Bojan11

Instead we're talking about spending hundreds of million more just to make it work for Sancho. I actually don't think our team should be far off that of Liverpool on paper.
I do.

Liverpool have the back line and goalkeeper sorted. That’s how teams are built.

Look at us when Ronaldo left. Yeah the football became dull, but we still had the back five and were challenging or winning titles even after Ronaldo. Same with Chelsea who had a solid base.

Can you say you have the trust in our back five? Shaw has been here five years and spends half the time injured. AWB and Maguire haven’t improved us massively.
Yeah I was impressed with him too and was happy they backed him after the 9-0 drubbing. He’s a quality coach.

We still need investment but your right a good coach could improve us with far less investment.

Southampton are a well run club top to bottom though and you can tell by their appointments. They derailed once hiring Hughes but learnt there lesson.
To be fair they hired that Pellegrinno too.

mu4c_20le

The relatively great football is likely the consequence of him having a more balanced team (for which he can be at least partly credited), happier players (his credit too), and a less rigid and dour football system than Mou and LVG (which is good and bad). But there are too many poor performances in between the good ones to not have reservations about him.
We are finally blowing teams away again when we're on a good run and the front three clicks, we just need to learn to grind out the tight games and turn more draws into wins. We have 12 draws and 8 defeats right now, which isn't quite as terrible as the performances suggest.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
We are finally blowing teams away again when we're on a good run and the front three clicks, we just need to learn to grind out the tight games and turn more draws into wins. We have 12 draws and 8 defeats right now, which isn't quite as terrible as the performances suggest.
Let's see how it goes. We can only hope that Ole will continue to improve and reach the level we need him to be at. Agree that recent results have been good. But the performances, great though they are when everything clicks, are so inconsistent and wildly variable in quality that I question whether we are actually that good, or if form/other factors have been papering over some fundamental weaknesses, which I don't think are solely down to player quality. Too many games are tight when they shouldn't be.

Red00012

So you had these feelings when United where battering teams the past few weeks with the exact same tactics ? TFM started cause he's quick and more attacking so that's a good thing at home . So no it's not enough it's just nonsense
No clearly not ? I said the last 2 games not the last 10.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I do.

Liverpool have the back line and goalkeeper sorted. That’s how teams are built.

Look at us when Ronaldo left. Yeah the football became dull, but we still had the back five and were challenging or winning titles even after Ronaldo. Same with Chelsea who had a solid base.

Can you say you have the trust in our back five? Shaw has been here five years and spends half the time injured. AWB and Maguire haven’t improved us massively.

To be fair they hired that Pellegrinno too.
I give you that their back line is better, but mainly they edge it in the output of their fullbacks. Defensively a good coach would make us solid and hard to break down at the very least with the options we have. Instead we look porous.

In midfield I feel like we have the better options, especially in an attacking sense. Our current front three isn't a million miles away from theirs. I just feel like Klopp (or any good coach) would have us playing so much better and instead they've had that benefit whilst our players look a shadow of what they're capable of.

Tel074

No clearly not ? I said the last 2 games not the last 10.
But it was the same tactics that got us to 3rd in the League haha . You can't cry now it's all wrong just because a few games haven't went how we have wanted .
Yes have a go at the change of formation in the semi final but to have a go at that game yesterday is a joke .

Ironic considering how awful the Prem is this season. Top 4 is being handed to us and we're stumbling over the line.

Points-wise we're behind Jose's tally when we finished 6th in his 1st season and I think we're still behind in points from Moyes' disastrous season.

I'll ask you again: Do you trust Ole to compete with Pep and Klopp going forward?
Do you honestly think replacing ole is the answer to closing the gap with city and liverpool? If so, which manager can come in andd do that? (Please don't say Poch)

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Ole may not be the cup winning star manager we all wanted/desired, but he is the right manager for us in this period in time. He has built a good rapport with the players, developed a discernible attacking pattern/flow and shipped out some of the dross.

Sticking with Ole is really a case of learning to walk before you fly. Something we ought to know by now after multiple failures with LVG and Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.