Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkXaero

As much as I like the guy, I don't think we will ever be Premier League or Champions League-winning material under Ole. There may be a steady improvement next year, especially with new players joining the squad, but I do not expect us to challenge either Liverpool or City.
This is a question of how ruthless the board wants to be.
100% agree with this. We'll be able to make top 4 with him in charge, assuming that our squad gets stronger. But I do not see us challenging for the title, let alone CL, with Ole in charge. Not that caliber of a manager.

Flexdegea

I’ll repeat Sancho and Grealish ain’t going to make a difference. Next season will look exactly like this. Rubbish.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a day off. That was a perfect away performance, almost cup game.

Didnt even need to get out of 1st gear.

Swear half yous people either cant remember end of season football, or are just big fannies.

Nervy game, what people expect. Same when Fergie was managing result at end all that matters.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I still think we should get a new manager, not saying Ole is shit. But he's not special, as we need special to challenge Pep and Klopp.
I think we should celebrate today, and you negative cnuts can come back another day.

edgecutter

Looking forward to hearing how Ole still got the top 3 battle all wrong, from the same people who were insisting our top 4 challenge was over in January.
It was over, the signing of Bruno was the turning point and the capitulation of Leicester helped as well. If Bruno hadn't of happened we weren't going to be anywhere near top 4

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hopefully the thread would now be locked

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
He's earnt a shot next season. Few things he needs to work on in the off season. Get us pressing properly, or bring in a coach who excels at it. Work on dominating the ball more so we can get Bruno and Pogba further forward. Get some proper signings in, improve our depth and there should be no reason we can't win a major trophy next season.
Agreed. Since he's here to stay, he should really think about beefing up his coaching team. There's something lacking but he has to keep his job given his achievements.

troylocker

Can we just ban the sad mf’ers using this thread as a matchthread already. This shitstorm has to end! We haven’t lost a league match since january ffs! Winning when it really counts the most, against tough competition away from home and finishing 3rd. Not even the greatest optimists were hoping for 3rd just 6 months ago. If you can’t appreciate an ugly win today, please give your «support» somewhere else.

Crashoutcassius

This is the Premier League table the past 14 matchweeks:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2019&min=25&max=38

Overall we allowed 36 goals this season. That is 1 more than Manchester City and 3 less than Liverpool. Obviously, our defense isn't that shocking.
This should say it all. We could have a big gap if it wasn't for an unforseeable in De Gea. The story shouldn't be that we made up some ground, the story should be that we are the best team in England in the second half of the season

Mainoldo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a day off. That was a perfect away performance, almost cup game.

Didnt even need to get out of 1st gear.

Swear half yous people either cant remember end of season football, or are just big fannies.

Nervy game, what people expect. Same when Fergie was managing result at end all that matters.
We won and Lingard scored so I’ll take the 2 months off :lol:

saivet

Fair play to him. I still have reservations about him as a manager but he'll stay and deservedly so.

Robbie Boy

It just sounds bitter bitching and moaning today. We've got third place which is fantastic. We're far from perfect but hopefully Ole can sign the players we need and take us forward. I'm still not convinced by him but he certainly deserves a chance.

RUCK4444

Lock this thread now please. This is a results business and this guy has finished 3rd despite a number of obstacles. All the doubters can keep it quiet until next season
This as well. It’s a negative for the forum to have this thread bumped after each and every game, same goes for posters both sides of the argument.

Let’s get behind them now and only bump this if things start going wrong.

Smores

Reservations don't really matter for now, we got third and whatever the circumstances he's done his job. Good job Ole.

If we do lock this thread it'd be nice to discuss what needs to change without the snowflakes getting upset though.

Fletchageddon

Lock the thread. Look how far we have come since last January. Glazers need to back him now. He's a special manager. He's got the results and look at the bond now in the squad. So many people base their opinions off one bad pass or one bad match. Time to think big picture.

Revan

Assumptionman
Lock the thread. Look how far we have come since last January. Glazers need to back him now. He's a special manager. He's got the results and look at the bond now in the squad. So many people base their opinions off one bad pass or one bad match. Time to think big picture.
Exactly.

oreon

There is still major questions on Ole. The performance in the last few games where we needed to win was poor. But he has earned another season and atleast 3 major signings. Sancho, a CB and a CM. If he's backed properly in the summer, next season he needs to be judged properly. We can't have another season where we go through a period of good performances followed by a period of poor ones. There has to be consistency. I don't expect us to win the league next season but we have to be challenging. A front three of Sancho, Martial, Rashford with Greenword off the bench would be argubly the best in the league.
But that all depends if the Glazers are willing to spend. A budget of 150 mil + money from sales would be enough to get us the players we need to contend

Revan

Assumptionman
There is still major questions on Ole. The performance in the last few games where we needed to win was poor. But he has earned another season and atleast 3 major signings. Sancho, a CB and a CM. If he's backed properly in the summer, next season he needs to be judged properly. We can't have another season where we go through a period of good performances followed by a period of poor ones. There has to be consistency. I don't expect us to win the league next season but we have to be challenging. A front three of Sancho, Martial, Rashford with Greenword off the bench would be argubly the best in the league.
But that all depends if the Glazers are willing to spend. A budget of 150 mil + money from sales would be enough to get us the players we need to contend
Not sure there is much there. Smalling, Lingard and Pereira are the only ones who can bring 10+millions. 2-3 top quality signings are definitely needed though, and one of those needs to be Sancho.

Flexdegea

I trust that none of you who rant and rave here will take part in the celebration when we win? Such impossibly rampant negativity. Talk about being toxic.

Its pathetic. Cant be venting that much panicking, then be buzzing at end, basically crying the whole time and then taking the plaudits

Skills

Snitch
If you look at the squad and the management as a unit, he's still one of the weaker links. As the squads quality improves, he'll increasingly get closer to being the weakest link.

I'd still make the change if the club thinks there's someone else who can do better (without ripping up the squad in half)

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We probably should sack him if we want to win the league. This is his ceiling. Thing is, we might want to be happy to reach that ceiling for a while. He’s given us something more important: a team of players worth supporting for the first time since Sir Alex retired.

oreon

Not sure there is much there. Smalling, Lingard and Pereira are the only ones who can bring 10+millions. 2-3 top quality signings are definitely needed though, and one of those needs to be Sancho.
There is also Sanchez who might get you around 10 mil. And Jones maybe worth 10 mil as well. Let say the budget is 150. Sancho will cost around 80. If you can add 30 - 40 mil in sales you might be able to get two or three more quality players in addition to Sancho as opposed to one.
But it all depends on the initial budget. But if there was a time to spend it would be now as there are lot clubs who are financially pressed and need the money so the market is more deflated than it usually is

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ole done really well in fairness.

How many points off 3rd were you after drawing 0-0 with Wolves on 1st Feb? Meltdown from Leicester but tbh I'd have backed Wolves to finish above you at that point and you've finished about 10 points clear of them.

Win the europa and that's probably your best season post SAF with an exciting young team developing.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His 1st big test is in Europa in QFs maybe?

sport2793

Normally I wouldn't say this, and obviously this won't happen, but serious considerations need to be given for handing out forum bans to some of the irrationally toxic posters this forum has had to deal with over the last several months. They are a disgrace and don't deserve to call themselves fans of this club. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are trolling and faking their support.

Matriac

I vote for locking the thread, maybe even removing the poll. Knowing what people know now I hardly doubt 25% would want to sack him now. Looks poorly from the outside for posterity.

Matriac

Normally I wouldn't say this, and obviously this won't happen, but serious considerations need to be given for handing out forum bans to some of the irrationally toxic posters this forum has had to deal with over the last several months. They are a disgrace and don't deserve to call themselves fans of this club. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are trolling and faking their support.
At least one did get the ban the other day. The others have not been quite as bad, even if I disagree with the lot of em.

SirAnderson

We probably should sack him if we want to win the league. This is his ceiling. Thing is, we might want to be happy to reach that ceiling for a while. He’s given us something more important: a team of players worth supporting for the first time since Sir Alex retired.
:lol:
Amazing how you have super ITK about where he's ceiling is.

Status
Not open for further replies.