Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Well done OGS. Showed we have the mental strenght to make sure we got top 4 from a bad spot.
I hope we can challenge for the league next season, but I have big doubts.
If we can get tactically better then we could challenge in CL too.

Revan

Assumptionman
Ole done really well in fairness.

How many points off 3rd were you after drawing 0-0 with Wolves on 1st Feb? Meltdown from Leicester but tbh I'd have backed Wolves to finish above you at that point and you've finished about 10 points clear of them.

Win the europa and that's probably your best season post SAF with an exciting young team developing.
Probably a few, but he was the manager from the beginning of the season. We have been quite good though since we signed Bruno.

I don't think that Ole has done particularly well (honestly, we can pretend that everything was normal but the seasons of Spurs, Arsenal and even Chelsea were worse than usual, and that contributed to us getting the third place a lot), but I would have been delighted with the third place at the beginning of the season if offered.

I think that now the time is to back him with some good players, and see how things stand in a year or so.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He's earned himself (barely) the chance to finish his contract. The board need to add players of a high enough calibre we can compete with the top two.

I just hope we don't give him an early extension and approach it like we approach extensions for our top players. Make him earn it.

passing-wind

On the premise of the result of the season it's a really big achievement. How we move forward will determine Oles trajectory as manager but he deserves a minimum of two seasons given the finale of the season.

SteveW

Wanted to bump some of those "will we get relegated threads" but they've been locked.

You know who you are lads. Hold your hands up.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Oh believe me I am. Very happy actually. I'm just unsure about our manager but that doesn't change that.
It should do. There are days to analyse and there are days to celebrate. Guess which one this is?

We will look back in the weeks to follow and see this as what it is. Question the subs. Question how tired we've looked. Etc etc etc etc

The final result is that we've clawed back a deficit to finish 3rd. There is no telling what might have happened if we'd rotated and kept players fresh, but to dwell on that will send you mad. 3rd was the best possible outcome and we have achieved that

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I had massive reservations about him at the end of the year and was fully Ole out. I still have some worries.

However, with better players, he has shown a massive improvement. We seriously need more numbers because the drop off is crazy.

I said he needed to show us he was capable of something special, and he has, making up 14 points and 20 goals in a difficult, congested period.

Ole In or Ole Out, he deserves all the credit today!! Well done OGS. It’s time to back him in the summer and really see what he is capable of.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Wanted to bump some of those "will we get relegated threads" but they've been locked.

You know who you are lads. Hold your hands up.
Ole did an amazing job, both results-wise, as well as quality of squad-wise, so far. With the budget he had - both are nearly perfect.

He deserves:

1. One more season
2. Respect and appreciation for job very well done
3. To be well-supported in the summer transfer window

We will see where we are in one more season. Right now - he's a fecking hero.

Lj82

Even after Ole secured 3rd place and an ECL place, reaching the semi finals of both domestic cups, and with the Europa still to come, there are so many people here that just can't give him credit. Pathetic

Infra-red

I have reservations about whether or not he is the person to properly challenge Liverpool/City.

That being said, he will obviously still be here next season and, as even his must ardent detractors would surely admit, he does deserve it.

Matriac

Ah fair play, he definitely was the worst one.
Yeah, as you can see below it was a collective decision by all the mods after a long time of reports on him.

He was a full member.

He had a number of user notes against his name. Basically banned for his negative and agenda-driven posting by a collective decision. of the mods. Seems he had been injected with an anti-Ole vaccine.

The ban is permanent.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Normally I wouldn't say this, and obviously this won't happen, but serious considerations need to be given for handing out forum bans to some of the irrationally toxic posters this forum has had to deal with over the last several months. They are a disgrace and don't deserve to call themselves fans of this club. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are trolling and faking their support.
Its not about being a supporter of the club. Its about people taking firm positions on something and not being big enough to say 'I was wrong'. This is only an Internet forum after all. Doesn't really matter.

There is no doubt whatsoever that some people who have fallen into that trap have wished ill upon the team to prove their point and say that 'I told you so'

Mindhunter

Even after Ole secured 3rd place and an ECL place, reaching the semi finals of both domestic cups, and with the Europa still to come, there are so many people here that just can't give him credit. Pathetic
They will only give him credit if he wins the PL by beating Man City and Liverpool but will still find a way to criticize him over the point difference.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've my reservations about him, but he's earned another season and he has also earned the backing of the board in the market - they've seen a very good first XI he's developing - they need to add to it and improve the squad depth.

RedPnutz

Ole’s taken over a team under a toxic manager, low on morale and team spirit and in one season uplifted the clubs mood, starting playing more attacking Football albeit with some blips. He’s gotten rid of several deadwood and blooded youngsters who’ve done remarkably well. Key injuries to players and a transition saw a poor first half of the season which he has overturned and led the team to finish third.

He was absolutely butchered by so-called fans and media but has kept on improving the team. The team has emerged from the break obviously better trained and more confident and sharper.

And there are posters claiming “this is his ceiling”, “sack him now”?

WTF is wrong with these people? I know that this is a forum and there are supposed to be different opinions but really some of these views are so asinine, toxic and myopic these posters are either on a permanent trolling crusade or, I am sorry to say just don’t deserve to call themselves fans.

SirScholes

I have reservations about whether or not he is the person to properly challenge Liverpool/City.

That being said, he will obviously still be here next season and, as even his must ardent detractors would surely admit, he does deserve it.
Agreed with this

can’t take him out the seat, he got us 3rd and we are still in Europe
But
The last 4 games have reminded me that tactically he needs to up his game, can’t just rely on his big hitters, and we don’t have the players to play out from the back 10 time’s out of 10

hopefully an upgrade on players that can play out from the back and an exciting winger to allow some rotation will let his vision for the team come to life.

sport2793

They will only give him credit if he wins the PL by beating Man City and Liverpool but will still find a way to criticize him over the point difference.
Yep even if he wins the league, people will say "well Liverpool and City have regressed" or "they didn't achieve as high of a points total as City or Liverpool". I'm dead serious btw.

Greck

I vote for locking the thread, maybe even removing the poll. Knowing what people know now I hardly doubt 25% would want to sack him now. Looks poorly from the outside for posterity.
Firstly, that would only shift the discussion into other threads. Locking it isn't even a band aid. Best to have it contained in one thread. Secondly, it doesnt matter if people still don't think he's the right man, they/we aren't the ones making the decision in the boardroom. Would be different if Woodward was reading these posts

MUM

To manage us to 3rd place in that league this year, is a fantastic result. Ole and his team should be given credit for that.
To say we have been great towards the end would be hard to back up, and we have at times, been terrible to watch, but we've got the win like today.
Ole and his team have the potential, if we go out and get some more top class players, to get us back to challenging the top two next season.
The other teams will bring in fresh talent and United should be the same.
Ole has my vote for the next couple of seasons at least and the lads will then be fresh.

DSG

If you look at the squad and the management as a unit, he's still one of the weaker links. As the squads quality improves, he'll increasingly get closer to being the weakest link.

I'd still make the change if the club thinks there's someone else who can do better (without ripping up the squad in half)
We probably should sack him if we want to win the league. This is his ceiling. Thing is, we might want to be happy to reach that ceiling for a while. He’s given us something more important: a team of players worth supporting for the first time since Sir Alex retired.
Oh God. They just don’t stop, do they? Can we just for one fecking day not have this shit on the board?

lysglimt

Scout
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a day off. That was a perfect away performance, almost cup game.

Didnt even need to get out of 1st gear.

Swear half yous people either cant remember end of season football, or are just big fannies.

Nervy game, what people expect. Same when Fergie was managing result at end all that matters.
He has generally been the second or third biggest whiner on this forum - with a bit of luck he might be banned as well

SteveW

It should do. There are days to analyse and there are days to celebrate. Guess which one this is?

We will look back in the weeks to follow and see this as what it is. Question the subs. Question how tired we've looked. Etc etc etc etc

The final result is that we've clawed back a deficit to finish 3rd. There is no telling what might have happened if we'd rotated and kept players fresh, but to dwell on that will send you mad. 3rd was the best possible outcome and we have achieved that
Bilbo, it's a good day. I remember you as one of the few voices of reason here during the Autumn and Winter. I was genuinely worried that the fans would turn on Ole to the point that he might get forced out before his good work would bear fruit in the form of results. Thankfully it didn't happen and people are now beginning to see what we were seeing all along. Anyone who stood up for him played their small part in making sure he got that time.

Not sure about anyone else but I definitely see today as something to celebrate. It's been a successful first step in the rehabilitation of this great club. Hopefully the board back him properly now and give him a real shot at taking the next step.

Matriac

Firstly, that would only shift the discussion into other threads. Locking it isn't even a band aid. Best to have it contained in one thread. Secondly, it doesnt matter if people still don't think he's the right man, they/we aren't the ones making the decision in the boardroom. Would be different if Woodward was reading these posts
The discussion has already been spilling out into a number of other threads, but this has been the worst one. Cause it's the one where people feel like defending their past posts in the thread in.
Sometimes you remove the cyst and the recovery can start with additional treatment to affected areas.

cptkeane1993

Well done Ole! He’s a special manager indeed. I can’t think of a manager who might have achieved what he has, other than just the table / results. The playing style worthy of our traditions, players playing for the shirt and the team always coming first for everyone, the recruitment strategy. Third was the best possible thing he could do and he brought the club that was sixth when he took over to now finishing third best in the country. And most outside the club had us finishing outside the top four. Brought us to two semifinals too in the cups, hopefully we can go one further in the Europa.

The next challenge is of course catching Liverpool and Man City who are in their peak and ahead in their journey. But success comes in cycles and I trust Ole to continue our journey towards our time again. No one else at this moment.

The Board absolutely needs to back him. This guy knows what he’s doing and knows Manchester United!

Last edited:

Foxbatt

This is where some people become intolerable. Not a single United fan is not happy for us getting into the CL.
This was the least what was expected of Ole. He has done his job this season.
Some may have reservations about him and that's their prerogative. That's doesn't mean their concerns are wrong.
Nothing today proves he is the man to challenge for the PL or CL.
Today proves he has taken the right steps in getting us into the CL.
He has earned the right to manage the club next season and next session will show us if he is the man or not to win trophies for us.

Last edited:

AneRu

I've my reservations about him, but he's earned another season and he has also earned the backing of the board in the market - they've seen a very good first XI he's developing - they need to add to it and improve the squad depth.
We are in the same boat, he has earned another season for sure. He has met the club's expectations and they need to push the boat out for him so that we can improve further. I hope Woodward and the Glazers don't mess things up and give him the run around like they did with Mourinho in the summer of 2018.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I personally want to rub this day in the faces of all the salty fans who are crying in their beers that we got 3rd! Save your negative Ole out crap for another day! :D

Withnail

He's not getting fired any time soon so the place to discuss his performance is the Ole Performance Thread

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So what if you have reservations? No one cares you narcissist!

Status
Not open for further replies.