Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Imagine wanting to sack Ole now, hilarious and stupid in equal measures.

25.1% want him sacked now the season has finished, madness.

rotherham_red

3... 2... 1...

Seems like no action here tonight.
You must have missed them all piping up over the last 20 or so mesages.

Pathetic cnuts.

Hope they're all fecking stewing now.

Looking forward to Europa now with a fully rested squad (don't see us playing all of the big guns in the LASK game), I'd back us to win it.

Infra-red

In fact, how many times did he beat city this season ? Surely you should be militating for changes in other club's managers who failed miserably to do the same
Challenging them in head-to-head games is great, but if we want to challenge them (and Liverpool) in the league table, we'll probably need to find a way of picking up another 25-30 points.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Bilbo, it's a good day. I remember you as one of the few voices of reason here during the Autumn and Winter. I was genuinely worried that the fans would turn on Ole to the point that he might get forced out before his good work would bear fruit in the form of results. Thankfully it didn't happen and people are now beginning to see what we were seeing all along. Anyone who stood up for him played their small part in making sure he got that time.

Not sure about anyone else but I definitely see today as something to celebrate. It's been a successful first step in the rehabilitation of this great club. Hopefully the board back him properly now and give him a real shot at taking the next step.
Thanks Steve, likewise. I have always backed this guy and im delighted for him with what's happened this season. 1 year ahead of schedule IMO.

Next step now. Bring in 3 players to fill out the squad. I think this team is not perfect, but compared to where this club were under Jose, its not comparable. Im really happy today. Feels like a big day for the club

El Zoido

Even after Ole secured 3rd place and an ECL place, reaching the semi finals of both domestic cups, and with the Europa still to come, there are so many people here that just can't give him credit. Pathetic
Yeah and these people would be the first to stick the knife in and blame him when we lose.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Might be able take take some of the silly feckers off ignore soon. It's been tough waiting for you to see what's happening.

Edit: Done. Everyone is off ignore. I really hope I can go through a few pages without hearing the words PE teacher, Pochetino or "patterns of play" You can do it lads.
Mate- we are one bad performance away from hearing “low block” fifty times a thread.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a day off. That was a perfect away performance, almost cup game.

Didnt even need to get out of 1st gear.

Swear half yous people either cant remember end of season football, or are just big fannies.

Nervy game, what people expect. Same when Fergie was managing result at end all that matters.
Fully support this comment in every capacity. People have either forgotten what the last 5 games of the season are really like when you’re playing for something or they’ve got unreal expectations.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I've always felt the principle should be to judge the season as a whole, so today was a very important result and not just one isolated game after an amazing restart [those who say if we failed to get top four today it would've been silly to sack him based on one game - it wouldn't have imo].

End of the day, he turned it around and played some lovely football - for periods - doing it. There's still loads he needs to improve on, but he's bought the time do so for me and I'm very happy for it to be the case.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Definitely a keep. He finished top 3 this season, our football in 2nd half of the season has been largely exciting to watch.

crossy1686

career ending
We did it, Ole deserves all the credit from taking a team that looked destined to be mid table into the top 3. Everyone has improved and the youth players that have come through have been brilliant. I’m going to un-ignore everyone I blocked as a good will gesture, don’t ruin let me down with your agenda posting please

rotherham_red

As much as I like the guy, I don't think we will ever be Premier League or Champions League-winning material under Ole. There may be a steady improvement next year, especially with new players joining the squad, but I do not expect us to challenge either Liverpool or City.
This is a question of how ruthless the board wants to be.
Anyone who is a sane observer of all things Utd would know not to expect a title challenge next season, but instead show continued progression. If we sign 4-5 new players, then sure, the expectation should be a title challenge, but we're only likely to get 2 or 3 at the absolute maximum. Another season like this, but with improved consistency (c.80 points) in the league and a QF in the CL, should be a good sign of progress.

You are essentially judging an incomplete team who have been running on fumes for the last 2 weeks because of this atypical run-in where we are playing with an average of 3 days rest per game. And even so, when you are judging us on that basis, you are also seemingly forgetting that we have had the best run of form across the entire league during this period (even in the last 4 games where we've been patchy, we've been second only behind City in the form table). The reason why he hasn't rotated is because literally EVERY game was must-win (need I remind you where we were at the start of project restart) and the squad players haven't been up to it.

Some of you are so incredibly reactionary and devoid of any appreciation of context. These last few games have been incredibly tough because our bench players returned from lockdown lacking in sharpness and form (that's not me saying their bad or need to be sold, it's just the simple facts of the matter) and each team we've come up against has had the benefit of added rest. It was going to tell at some point, and thankfully for us it told in the FA Cup semi rather than the league.

hobbers

Imagine wanting to sack Ole now, hilarious and stupid in equal measures.

25.1% want him sacked now the season has finished, madness.
What's stupid is not understanding how a poll works. You think those 25% voted in the last hour do you?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He did well and even approached the Leicester game with a very positive intent. He definitely deserves time and the backing from the board for next season.

b82REZ

Predictive text likely changed it.

Anyway, job one done from Ole. Onto next season (well the Europa as well).

Still have my reservations but he gains my full support going into the season and fully deserves it to be leading us into it.

Well done Ole proving the doubters wrong, I hope you and the club go from stride to stride now.

Nikelesh Reddy

Predictive text likely changed it.

Anyway, job one done from Ole. Onto next season (well the Europa as well).

Still have my reservations but he gains my full support going into the season and fully deserves it to be leading us into it.

Well done Ole proving the doubters wrong, I hope you and the club go from stride to stride now.
I agree with this.I still have some reservations about whether he’s the right man to take us back to where we want to be eventually,but hopefully my reservations are just misplaced.Hopefully he’s the man who will take us back to the promised land,which United supporter wouldn’t want that?Obviously Ole deserves to stay for atleast another season based on the significant improvement that we”ve made this season....Now he needs to be backed to the hilt in the summer....We need 2-3 big signings to take us to the next level,hopefully starting with Sancho...

rotherham_red

It was over, the signing of Bruno was the turning point and the capitulation of Leicester helped as well. If Bruno hadn't of happened we weren't going to be anywhere near top 4
Need I remind you that we also overtook Chelsea? So no, it wasn't just Leicester capitulating and Bruno - we came through it as a team and today, we showed some bollocks when they were sorely needed.

Need I also remind you that we accrued more points than anyone during project restart, and that we accrued more points than anyone since Bruno came in as well? Long before there was any serious talk of Leicester being vulnerable.

Give the man credit, ffs.

fps

Unlike the fickle lot in here who keep changing their minds with every passing result, which is totally perplexing, I have said he should be sacked 6 games into the season. I stick by this and always will. No one will ever be able to say “I told you so” simply because this totally inept manager will never come good.

And no, he’s not the next SAF before anyone spouts the rubbish that he was given time, so by some outrageously dumb logic, Solskjær therefore should.

We are the worst we have ever been. I am sick to the back teeth of us looking clueless, only for the camera to pan to Ole’s face looking gormless, clueless and like he’s on the cusp of crying because he knows he is way out of his depth.
I mean, going back over this whole thread is a peach, but picking one at random, this is a good one.

b82REZ

I've changed my vote in the poll.

Although I don't think he should be backed blindly going into the next season. If we are going through another period like last winter questions seriously need to asked.

He has to be desisive in the transfer window now. Getting the squad he wants together ASAP has to be his priority.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Proved me wrong (and delighted to have been) and unequivocally earned his right to rebuild next year... still sceptical he has the tactical nouse to be one of the best, but it’d be churlish not to give him the BOD for the time being... we’ll reappraise in 6 months or so...

b82REZ

From this

To this

Well done to Ole and his players.
Quite the turnaround and considering the position we were in he was deservedly under pressure. I hope he's learnt from it and has grown. It's going to be a difficult season next year and our players aren't going to get as much rest. He needs to manage the squad better than he did at times this season.

AshRK

From this

To this

Well done to Ole and his players.
This is just amazing. I bet if it was any other manager he would have got all the credit. Fair play to Ole. He has to improve but this has been a good season for the worst manager in the football history.

Tony247

Guys, don't rub it on each other. Both sides want best for the club for sure. Opinions can be extreme at times but I am sure everyone is happy today. It's all done now. Lock this thread and move on.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I can understood those wanting to sack Ole in December to be fair. Although there were clear reasons why we were struggling, there was some justification in saying those reasons were excuses. It's the people who have said he should be sacked in the last 6-8 weeks that I will never agree with.

MrSingh2002

As thread creator I'm going to close this thread for now.

Ole achieved top 4 which was the requirement for alot of fans.

Still in the Europa League it's his last chance for a trophy.

For now my attention is not on Ole as a manager. He needs to go away in the post season and improve as a tactician and on how to more effectively use his playing squad.

Mine and our attention now needs to move to Ed Woodward and whether he's going to back Ole for the start of his third season. Or is he going to make the same mistake he did with Jose when he felt a big spend wasn't needed after finishing 2nd.

Over to you Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.