Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This is just amazing. I bet if it was any other manager he would have got all the credit. Fair play to Ole. He has to improve but this has been a good season for the worst manager in the football history.
I think a fair way to look at this, from the point of view of the doubters, would be;

Imagine your guy (be it Poch or Tuchel or whoever) had been brought into the club at that point and had finished where we have finished. You would be saying that it was a job incredibly well done. Now remove the blinkers and give praise where it is deserved for the guy who has actually delivered that.

rotherham_red

Thanks Steve, likewise. I have always backed this guy and im delighted for him with what's happened this season. 1 year ahead of schedule IMO.

Next step now. Bring in 3 players to fill out the squad. I think this team is not perfect, but compared to where this club were under Jose, its not comparable. Im really happy today. Feels like a big day for the club
Likewise, I backed him to the hilt too, and I'm honestly delighted for him.

He's a kept a quiet dignity all season and carried himself like a proper Utd manager. After the team, he deserves today as much as anyone else.

I just hope he gets properly backed this time after he did his end of the bargain last summer in shifting out the bad apples and chronic incompetents, even though he got no direct replacements in for them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Guys, don't rub it on each other. Both sides want best for the club for sure. Opinions can be extreme at times but I am sure everyone is happy today. It's all done now. Lock this thread and move on.
No. I don't think Ole haters want the best for the club. Rather, they just want to be right.
The foolishly took a negative position early on, and have since just doubled down through hubris and arrogance.
They'd rather the club go backwards than admit they were wrong.

SteveW

Likewise, I backed him to the hilt too, and I'm honestly delighted for him.

He's a kept a quiet dignity all season and carried himself like a proper Utd manager. After the team, he deserves today as much as anyone else.

I just hope he gets properly backed this time after he did his end of the bargain last summer in shifting out the bad apples and chronic incompetents, even though he got no direct replacements in for them.
Very true. He's been a class act. Enjoy today mate.

rotherham_red

At least have the balls to call out my posts directly rather than making veiled insults that offer absolutely zero to the thread.
:lol:

Do one.

And if you think that was an insult, then that post of yours is even more pathetic in hindsight.

Paul_Scholes18

We were terrible under fergie as well when it came to games such as these. He always set us up defensively.
I think the opposite the second time vs Barcelona. Had Giggs in central midfield with Carrick. Needed more defensive bodies to stop Iniesta and Xavi.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why would anyone be pissed off right now?

Seriously you need to grow up and accept some people don't share the exact same views as you.
Feck that. When you see some of the constant drivel posted on here over the last 8 months or so it's been pathetic. I think it's fecking hilarious that they're crying right now.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Guys, don't rub it on each other. Both sides want best for the club for sure. Opinions can be extreme at times but I am sure everyone is happy today. It's all done now. Lock this thread and move on.
Have you looked at their posts? They just wanted to be right and were moaning despite our form. feck them and their arrogant attitude

Foxbatt

I think a fair way to look at this, from the point of view of the doubters, would be;

Imagine your guy (be it Poch or Tuchel or whoever) had been brought into the club at that point and had finished where we have finished. You would be saying that it was a job incredibly well done. Now remove the blinkers and give praise where it is deserved for the guy who has actually delivered that.
I don't think so. I don't think there are hard supporters of a particular manager. They and I too initially didn't think Ole was good enough for get us into the CL.
Full credit to him that he has done what was expected of him. No one expected him to win the CL or even challenge for it this year.
Now next season it's going to be a different story. He has to challenge or this will be the same thing over again.
Every United fan want the best for Manchester United. The manager is irrelevant in that aspect. He should be supported if he is winning and should be changed if it's seen he is not capable of winning.

MrSingh2002

No. I don't think Ole haters want the best for the club. Rather, they just want to be right.
The foolishly took a negative position early on, and have since just doubled down through hubris and arrogance.
They'd rather the club go backwards than admit they were wrong.
Don't be silly. Oles time in charge hasn't been perfect. It is improving and that's why the voting has gone from 60% of fans wanting him sacked to currently 25% wanting a new manager.

The poll has mirrored the feelings of the fans. Oles doing better now and therefore there are less people criticising him. No need to be hysterical or point the finger at people that have different views to yourself.

Any Man United manager is always going to be subject to critics.

AshRK

Absolutely. It's also funny how the known ole haters have gone missing now.

Morpheus 7

Hindsight is great, I'm not sure Ole is the man to win us the league but everyone needs to back him. He's improved us massively and needs to be backed. Things are on the up and he deserves big credit, especially since the restart. The patience is paying off, think of how dark it was against Cardiff at Old Trafford last year. It's over to the board now for transfers or it doesn't matter who's in charge.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Absolutely. It's also funny how the known ole haters have gone missing now.
What the feck is wrong with you people. We're all United fans here and want the best for the club.

The fact some disagree with you on what's best for the club does NOT mean they're haters. Childish logic and arguments.

van Persie

Don't be silly. Oles time in charge hasn't been perfect. It is improving and that's why the voting has gone from 60% of fans wanting him sacked to currently 25% wanting a new manager.

The poll has mirrored the feelings of the fans. Oles doing better now and therefore there are less people criticising him. No need to be hysterical or point the finger at people that have different views to yourself.

Any Man United manager is always going to be subject to critics.
I'm assuming you are part of that lot that want to be proven right and for Ole to be sacked? The negativity among the fans on here is getting out of hand. We should celebrate and enjoy that we've put ourselves in a position to compete. For real.

SteveW

Sack Ole Brigade (captured for posterity)

@MrSingh2002 please threadmark!

I don't like to criticise posters, especially en mass but looking at that list kinda solidifies the Ole in stance. I'm sure there are some decent posters in there but there's nobody on that list that I've ever really noted as a knowledgeable poster. I'd have thought there would be at least a few names that would have surprised me.

No offence all of you :lol: I'm sure some of you are perfectly good posters.

AshRK

What the feck is wrong with you people. We're all United fans here and want the best for the club.

The fact some disagree with you on what's best for the club does NOT mean they're haters. Childish logic and arguments.
Constructive criticism is fine but calling him cardiff plonker, the worst manager in the league, PE teacher is not what I call good arguments. First half people here were moaning and the moment we win the same.people have gone missing. Maybe their ego didn't want to accept and give Ole his praise.

ReddevilTinu

What Ole is doing that he is changing the mentality at the club and bringing back the lost identity. We missed from the previous managers who did not understand what Manchester United is about.

He needs another 2-4 transfer window to start competing for the titles

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Constructive criticism is fine but calling him cardiff plonker, the worst manager in the league, PE teacher is not what I call good arguments. First half people here were moaning and the moment we win the same.people have gone missing. Maybe their ego didn't want to accept and give Ole his praise.
I voted sack at the end of the season and would have changed to 'reevaluate at end of season' before the resumption, so people are allowed to change their opinion. Now, I'd reevaluate at the end of next season because I still have not seen consistency, tactical nous and good subs, especially in the last few games. But he's bought himself time to get better.

As for the name calling, it happens. This forum is a 'safe space' where people can be emotional. People need to chill.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't think so. I don't think there are hard supporters of a particular manager. They and I too initially didn't think Ole was good enough for get us into the CL.
Full credit to him that he has done what was expected of him. No one expected him to win the CL or even challenge for it this year.
Now next season it's going to be a different story. He has to challenge or this will be the same thing over again.
Every United fan want the best for Manchester United. The manager is irrelevant in that aspect. He should be supported if he is winning and should be changed if it's seen he is not capable of winning.
This cannot be stated enough.

After our underwhelming summer transfers, especially not reinforcing attackers after losing Lukaku and Sanchez, virtually this entire forum predicted we'd finish outside top 4. And there was agreement that wouldn't be his fault, as he simply wouldn't have the players. That reality was made even worse once Pogba and then Rashford got injured and we were a laughing stock of ABUs and the media over the new year.

So I get abit fed up when I read posts that say 'this was our minimum expectation' or 'nothing to celebrate here' when the same posters didn't expect this at season start.

What Ole has achieved since Burnley is astonishing. 3rd and a buoyant mood and atmosphere around the club is beyond my wildest expectations.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They don't. countless posters have been reasoned with facts, logic and evidence, and in the end proven to be right.
And yet Ole haters resisted even til this morning, just so they could be right.
And thats before we even quote the language, smears and insults lobbed at Ole.

b82REZ

:lol:

Do one.

And if you think that was an insult, then that post of yours is even more pathetic in hindsight.
So still can't actually debate any of it?

Feck that. When you see some of the constant drivel posted on here over the last 8 months or so it's been pathetic. I think it's fecking hilarious that they're crying right now.
I assume I'm included in the "they" you speak of? Because I've not cried once today, or throughout the season. If you you're unable to accept different views and discuss them then a forum probably isn't the place for you.

Flytan

I was Ole out until the restart. We came back with energy and played well. His style of play needs squad depth though and unless we invest in players who can actually win us games from the bench I worry we'll run out of steam. He's certainly earned another season regardless of how the Europa league goes.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Some posters on here are determined to be proven right by Ole getting sacked, so they can probably say ' I told you so'. With everything that's gone on this season, I think Ole has done a remarkable job, considering he was just a temporary manager. Do people not think that managers, coaches etc improve, the more games they are involved in, and United's backroom staff will be the same. There is very little experience within the set up at the moment, and I think it showed during the last few matches, where some rotation was required, but Ole didn't want to change a winning team, but a few of the lads looked shattered during some of those games, and I don't mean physically, I mean mentally. It takes some mental strength to get through what is in effect a run of cup finals in these past couple of weeks, which manifests itself in lack of concentration, misplaced passes, poor goal attempts, not picking up players, all of which could be seen quite often today, and every game since Southampton. Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm very happy with Ole and the coaching staff, and look forward to seeing what they can achieve next season in both Prem and CL, but they must improve on their tactical awareness, knowing when to bring on subs, and how to keep the first team fresh for every game.

Withnail

Mate, stop taking it so personally.

They're not talking about reasonable people who have doubts, they're talking about the minority who want him gone regardless of what he does.

b82REZ

Mate, stop taking it so personally.

They're not talking about reasonable people who have doubts, they're talking about the minority who want him gone regardless of what he does.
Look at the state of this thread.

So many posters are simply here to gloat and try and score some internet points. Lest these obnoxious poster's forget at one point that poll was overwhelming in favour of sacking Ole.

He was doing a shit job through the winter and the question marks over him were justified. This thread has actually highlighted the amount of kneejerk fans we have. This poll has swung constantly throughout the season.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Amazing achievement considering our end to last season and the start to this season. Ole and the players deserve some kudos.

Negative shit can be put away for a bit, at least until we draw the first game of next season.

AshRK

I voted sack at the end of the season and would have changed to 'reevaluate at end of season' before the resumption, so people are allowed to change their opinion. Now, I'd reevaluate at the end of next season because I still have not seen consistency, tactical nous and good subs, especially in the last few games. But he's bought himself time to get better.

As for the name calling, it happens. This forum is a 'safe space' where people can be emotional. People need to chill.
That's a fair assessment. We have to be looking to reach next level. If come next season we are still fighting for top 4 then I would also have my doubts but the amount of abuse Ole has got this season is over the top. Heck people were making up facts to prove Ole is shit.

See this is not about Ole supporters vs ole haters. No. But what I find funny is the same culprits bashing Ole even in the first half and then after we win have gone absolutely missing. No one is asking them to say Ole is the next klopp. I don't think even any Ole fan is blindly supporting him but a credit where it's due should be given.

eupheus

The team has gone on a 14 game Premier League unbeaten run. If that isn't consistency, then what is ?

And what tactical nous do you expect ? I don't believe you know exactly what you want to see from a tactical perspective as you can't make a definitive judgement based on the last few games since all the players look fatigued.

Prior to the Southampton game, every game was a joy to watch and everyone was raving about the play along with Bruno's impact.

Withnail

As thread creator I'm going to close this thread for now.

Ole achieved top 4 which was the requirement for alot of fans.

Still in the Europa League it's his last chance for a trophy.

For now my attention is not on Ole as a manager. He needs to go away in the post season and improve as a tactician and on how to more effectively use his playing squad.

Mine and our attention now needs to move to Ed Woodward and whether he's going to back Ole for the start of his third season. Or is he going to make the same mistake he did with Jose when he felt a big spend wasn't needed after finishing 2nd.

Over to you Ed.
Good Post.

Are you gonna close it though?

Withnail

Look at the state of this thread.

So many posters are simply here to gloat and try and score some internet points. Lest these obnoxious poster's forget at one point that poll was overwhelming in favour of sacking Ole.

He was doing a shit job through the winter and the question marks over him were justified. This thread has actually highlighted the amount of kneejerk fans we have. This poll has swung constantly throughout the season.
Not sure why this was addressed to me. Doesn't seem relevant to anything I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.